Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

June 28, 2010 -- Gulf state emergency preparedness agencies confirm mass evacuation plans

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I have to agree that I do not believe that this is even remotely feasible but after Katrina and all the evacuation that happened then, anything is possible. However, it sounds very improbable.

But I did not think Joran Van der Sloot so stupid as to kill on his own anniversary...not knowing that he had been provoked into it by an email post.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

That is not what the report states..............please re-read.........We all know that such plans exist............but when the gulf states are talking to California about thier plans and how bad it really is creates a different atmosphere............

"The Gulf states’ emergency planners stressed to their California counterparts that they are dealing with a disaster of unprecedented proportions and that contingency plans are being constantly updated and revised on ways to deal with the transformation of the Gulf of Mexico into a deadly “toxic soup” of oil and Corexit 9500 oil dispersants and the atmosphere into a dangerous mixture of hydrocarbon gases."

I dont disagree with your post.......but what is said in his report is different...

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

I've run into about five of your posts in less than so many minutes, just about every single one of them is a one liner attack on the OP.
That got me to wondering about the rest of your posts here on ATS and I went through some of your post history and it looks to like all you do is drift from thread to thread, attacking the OP's, demanding proof, and calling hoax. Based on that observation I hardly think you have the moral high ground to dictate the posting habits of others.
Do you have any proof to the contrary? Lemme guess, burden of proof, blah blah blah. Debunking is one thing, but debunking requires a little metnal elbow grease from time to time.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

You are so right...anywhere but California...it has already made the transformation from Paradise into Hell...stay out of California...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by desert

You do know we only have have 50 states right?

You sure about that? I heard the President say that we have 57 states. You're not calling him a liar or idiot are you? And the American people sure aren't stupid enough to elect a person who doesn't even the know the basics about the country he is campaigning to run.

So why don't we use the 7 secret states BHO has stashed away somewhere for the evacuees to move to?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy

Do you have any proof to the contrary? Lemme guess, burden of proof, blah blah blah. Debunking is one thing, but debunking requires a little metnal elbow grease from time to time.

No. There is no 'blah blah blah' about burden of proof. If someone makes a claim and cant back it up, or backs it up with evidence that DOESNT SAY WHAT YOU CLAIM IT SAYS, you FAIL.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

As far as job creation, there should be plenty of jobs to clean up this mess. There should be a lot of work offered to anyone willing to help separate oil from water, especially when it hits the beaches...one big massive earth day to clean up tarballs,etc...the government does not have to worry about labor as certainly I would think that anyone who lives in the south would be wanting to return to normalcy as soon as possible...can't wait for the military to do everything for the region.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

One more reply to you shill..........Re-read the original post........It ask to debunk this articles author..........so if you can please do so.......if you can't go find another place on ATS to do your dirty work for the Government/BP

Your new name will be Asshatious Maximus.......I have to give Hx3 credit for this name.....

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

And you believed that Asian! Incredulous! You didn't notice all the others who love it there, who know how to keep cool, who use the beaches, the pools, and the wonderful breezes...Golly! You should be kicking your self for believing some nonsense like that...and you admit it now...I can hardly believe it...have you never heard of air conditioning?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hitotsumami

Depending on what part of Georgia you are in ( I am 35 miles west of Atlanta) we should be outside of the 200 mile radius; but, let a major tropical storm swing up this way from the gulf and I am sure we will see it reach us; Hurricane Opal came thru North Georgia with a vengence back in 94-95.

seeker

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky

One more reply to you shill..........Re-read the original post........It ask to debunk this articles author..........so if you can please do so.......if you can't go find another place on ATS to do your dirty work for the Government/BP

Attacking the person instead of the information is the sign of someone who doesnt know what they are talking about. And as for "Government agent goes, the government has more to benefit from you fearmongers posting thread after thread of the same doom and gloom with no grounding in reality which forces all the USEFUL, informative threads to the bottom.

But, hey, you wont ever admit to being totally wrong about the 'mass evacuation', so why am i engaging you as if you have integrity?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Hitotsumami

No, stay put...if it does begin to rain oil, set out a pail and collect it, then advertise it on ebay or craig's list...some buyer will probably give you a fortune for it...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SneakAPeek

That's good news. Only the bad news ever makes it to the airways most of the time...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiteraryOneTwo
reply to post by getreadyalready

I have to agree that I do not believe that this is even remotely feasible but after Katrina and all the evacuation that happened then, anything is possible. However, it sounds very improbable.

But I did not think Joran Van der Sloot so stupid as to kill on his own anniversary...not knowing that he had been provoked into it by an email post.

it really ins't feasible. 20 millions people sent to cali? with 12.5% unemployement rate, and state going bankrupt... even say half of that would not be feasible, not even a third.

And 20million is a really really high number considering this,

Alabama 5mil people
Louisiana 4mil people
Florida 16mil
Texas 25mil

The Texas coast line population is roughly 2millions so i just really can't see the math to get to 20million and i see it even harder for the government to go much further inland without getting any kind of riots on their hands.

I'm sure that the direct coastal life is going to s*ck but i can't see mass depopulation of an area such as big as this. In this economy it would simply kill the country.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
For those who did not see my post ............you can listen live NOW!! to the Intel Hub Radio show with AC Griffith

www.blogtalkradio.com...

Just passing on the information .........you can decide what to believe.....

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

Opal and Ivan both absolutely hammered us here in Wetern North Carolina as well. Ivan actually caused some massive landslides and the sides of a couple mountains here gave way and killed several people and completely flooded alot of Asheville along the French Braod river basin. If I'm not mistaken it was still technically a hurricane when it came over the mountains.
I'm still not clear on the affect of all this oil on a tropical system though, some claim the rise in temperature will increase the strength of the system and some claim the sheen will prevent water from evaporating normally, I guess this is unprecedented on this scale so there's no prior experiences to draw from. The possibility of contaminated rainfall comming so far inland is startling. Sounds ridiculous at first, and my wife says I'm full of it but I swear you can still smell the ocean in a tropical system when it arrives here.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

the southern winds that carry thru inland then east will carry the same polutants has the ones being dropped south of you. Even if the amount is smaller it will still be there. over time the more comes thur the coast the more will get carried your way.

But again, we yet have to see how much will be spread thru.

I'm in central texas and i'll be conducting various rain water collection and sending it for test. untill i'm told that high amounts of toxic contents are found i'll stay put.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

The problem is who is going to tell the citizens of California that we the state are going to have to take in the state of Louisiana or of Alabama. I lived in California once upon a time and communication systems are bad because most people are too busy working, having fun, or doing their thing to even pay any attention to government. Where would all these peope go, what part of California? The only plausible regions would be death valley since Orange County had to make room for all the Viet Namese that Jerry Ford transplanted after the fall of Nixon...I do not believe that California is the right state to transplant anyone into but Nevada, Wyoming, and North and South Dakota are sparse enough to have room for most of the great Southeast...but who wants to go there?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
Attacking the person instead of the information is the sign of someone who doesnt know what they are talking about.

Exactly, you do little else here, thread after thread.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LiteraryOneTwo

Don't forget Nebraska. we could put tons of people to work in corn and produce huge amounts of ethanol and tell em its good, it replaces the oil that put them there in the 1st place...and then 15years down the road we would hear of an ethanol spill gone bad and everyone would need to move out of there...

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join