It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North American Continent May Soon Be Left Uninhabitable!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illuminatus!
That won't happen. Even if it did get into a worst case scenario like that people would survive. Humanity and nature in general has been through some harsh times. We can survive some toxic rain and pollution. It won't wipe out the entire continent. That's just some blatant fearmongering.

well u r fear mindering there i said it

u god forsaken fear minderer u
all tose fear minderers really make me sick

[edit on 1-7-2010 by icecold7]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Whether or not this russian report is real or not(I say not)the facts do support that there will be an unprecidented environmental impact.Look at the figures on corexit.It's damn scary, period.It will be apparent soon though with this predicted hurricane season coming out of the gate looking bad for the overall picture.I however am not going to freak out we can't react so emotionally,we need to watch and be prepared.Thanks for the thread I don't consider this fearmongering,It's some damn good food for thought.Pay attention be prepared and act when necessary otherwise calm down it ain't fearmongering when it's something to be feared.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by EyeHeartBigfoot

So because I do not believe the tales of fear mongers quoting other fear mongers I must be a mind controlled robot that believes whatever the government, big business, etc tell me.

That isn't exactly how this works.

I do believe that they are a collective group of morons, how exactly does that lead you to believe that I believe anything that comes out of their mouths. The only thing that a business cares about is their profit margin, which is why they cut corners and more, and why we have such a problem on our hands.

I, in no way, said that this was not an important issue. That being said, this is not the first deep water oil spill and we have all survived so far.

I think perhaps some members are so far removed from reality that every disaster is going to lead to the death of the planet. And of course it will be a grand conspiracy, "you just don't understand how bad this is, and no one else sees it but me and my phony source, and if you don't believe us (despite a total lack of credibility) you are brainless twit but that doesn't matter so much because you'll be dead soon anyway."

The problem I have is that when the op cites a person who is known to be a phony and then expect everyone to jump aboard the SS Panic is absurd.

To claim that corexit 9500 is going to wipe out life on North America is fear mongering, why? Because no one here, nor Sascha, nor any environmental agency, NO ONE knows what effects there may be in such large quantities.

We do know that corexit was used to clean up the Exxon spill in Alaska and there is presently thriving life in Alaska, no utter devastation there.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by searching4truth]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by gary714

I agree this is damn scary and we should pay attention, be prepared.
What I don't understand is WHY? Why can't we stop BP from using this Corexit?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth

To claim that corexit 9500 is going to wipe out life on North America is fear mongering, why? Because no one here, nor Sascha, nor any environmental agency, NO ONE knows what effects there may be in such large quantities.

We do know that corexit was used to clean up the Exxon spill in Alaska and there is presently thriving life in Alaska, no utter devastation there.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by searching4truth]

re: Exxon spill in Alaska

The area is not thriving at all , people are still ill from the effects of the clear up, depends what you term devastation , lost revenue, broken homes, loss of life, ill health , land still polluted. Just because you dont hear about it on the "news" does not mean it does not exist.

people were informed it was safe to work there and live there, they were misled at best or lied to, and I would err on the side of the latter.

re: trade winds and movement of pollution, yes i agree it will effect large areas, however now is the time to get out an lobby..... BP are going to go under or bankrupt itself... then who is going to pay.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by BANANAMONTANA]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by BANANAMONTANA

re: Exxon spill in Alaska

The area is not thriving at all , people are still ill from the effects of the clear up, depends what you term devastation , lost revenue, broken homes, loss of life, ill health , land still poluted. Just because you dont hear about it on the "news" does not mean it does not exist.

people were informed it was safe to work there and live there, they were misled at best or lied to, and I would err on the side of the latter.

re: trade winds and movement of pollution, yes i agree it will effects large areas, however now is the time to get out an lobby..... BP are going to go under or bankrupt itself... then who is going to pay.

Perhaps, I should have been more clear, I was primarily referring to the return of wildlife to the area. Granted not in the numbers prespill, but it has largely returned and is growing.

I have no doubt that people in the area at the time and throughout the clean up effort are ill. However, how does one know that their issues are due to corexit, and not the oil itself or other chemicals used or any combination of the two.

I am not claiming that is the cure all, its overall effectiveness is less than 70% I believe. However, what I am doing is pointing out that a lack of a certain outcome does not mean that all of N America will soon be uninhabitable.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Shouldn't we be more concerned about the effects of the oil on blue and green algae? They are, after all, this planet's primary source of oxygen. Without them, all the trees in the world won't be able to keep us from suffocating.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Kojiro

Check this out....

It seems like damage brought by the oil gusher has spread way beyond the ocean, coastal areas and beaches. Collateral damage now appears to include agricultural damage way inland Mississippi.

A mysterious "disease" has caused widespread damage to plants from weeds to farmed organic and conventionally grown crops. There is very strong suspicion that ocean winds have blown Corexit aerosol plumes or droplets and that dispersants have caused the unexplained widespread damage or "disease".

www.sfgate.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join