It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North American Continent May Soon Be Left Uninhabitable!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
We're down to the wire folks, down to the wire.

And does anyone know if the latest upcoming peak solar activity could have an effect on hurricane activity in the short term?

"As the Sun Awakens, NASA Keeps a Wary Eye on Space Weather"
science.nasa.gov...

Yes solar activity can have an affect on hurricanes. Hurricanes are ELECTRICAL not from "hot water"

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
All of North America will never be uninhabitable, Northern Quebec wont even get touched, what about the pacific, is that even going to get touched? It will dilate into the ocean the time it hits northern Canada. I honestly think though, Florida and New Orleans is going to see A LOT more of problems.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bonified Ween

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
We're down to the wire folks, down to the wire.

And does anyone know if the latest upcoming peak solar activity could have an effect on hurricane activity in the short term?

"As the Sun Awakens, NASA Keeps a Wary Eye on Space Weather"
science.nasa.gov...

Yes solar activity can have an affect on hurricanes. Hurricanes are ELECTRICAL not from "hot water"

ROFL!
wow

[edit on 29-6-2010 by AtruthGuy]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I'm amazed people buy into this trash. I'm equally surprised OP got as many stars as it did, on second thought no I'm not.

So many fear mongering moronic fools.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

I'm 100% with you on on this and it applies equally to some other Post's on this site as well. It is a serious situation that deserves our attention for sure but let us all keep a level head here and apply a bit of critical thinking skill's to this event instead of going headlong over the cliff of reason.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by ATSROT]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Fearmongering???? LMAO!!!

With the situation down there getting worse, I think we can all use a little fearmongering on this topic. It's not some stupid war that might happen because of these and those poor relations and misunderstandings... blah! etc!

This is a HUGE problem that is greatly contributing to the death of this planet. FEAR IT! F#n be worried!!!

lol, I can't believe some of you guys... it's almost as if you are defending this thing... as if everything is going to be ok. And that this is just all part of life... IT'S BAD! Treat it as such.

EDIT: Let me make it clear that I don't think that people should believe every report etc saying the end of the world is coming etc... then go out and drink the kool-aide. BUT seriously, it seems as though some of you are defending this spill... dont. We need to stop offshore drilling NOW and start reforming our transportation pollicies... F&&ck OIL! Oil for plastic and other products NOT for energy.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by kreese]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
It sure does feel like we are sitting on something terrible that is waiting to happen.

I feel for all the people who are in the line of fire. Most of them have no means to get out right at the moment.

Scary stuff.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Thanks dood, you are clever but a little slow

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kreese

Fearmongering???? LMAO!!!

With the situation down there getting worse, I think we can all use a little fearmongering on this topic. It's not some stupid war that might happen because of these and those poor relations and misunderstandings... blah! etc!

This is a HUGE problem that is greatly contributing to the death of this planet. FEAR IT! F#n be worried!!!

lol, I can't believe some of you guys... it's almost as if you are defending this thing... as if everything is going to be ok. And that this is just all part of life... IT'S BAD! Treat it as such.

EDIT: Let me make it clear that I don't think that people should believe every report etc saying the end of the world is coming etc... then go out and drink the kool-aide. BUT seriously, it seems as though some of you are defending this spill... dont. We need to stop offshore drilling NOW and start reforming our transportation pollicies... F&&ck OIL! Oil for plastic and other products NOT for energy.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by kreese]

Oh shut up, I'm not going to completely change my life because a few fish died.

Until you, or someone else manages to replace oil I'll continue using it.

At least I have the balls to admit as much.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Don't see it happening. Something tells me I'll be OK here in Wisconsin, and only have to worry about an occasional tornado

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I have a solution to the OIL/ENERGY problem:

All of the private wealth accumulated from sucking the oil out of the ground needs to be "de-privatised".
Who ever gave them the right to take from the ground, something that belongs to everyone; Then claim it as their own?

We can then (as a nation's people) use all of that wealth to create a renewable energy infrastructure. We can also use the wealth to mass produce clean transportation vehicles and set up a program to have them distributed, while gas powered vehicles are collected and recycled.

It won't be easy, but it needs to be done. We're passed peak oil... something is going to happen that'll bring major change to the way we live. The question is, will that "something" be FOR us? Or AGAINST us?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
"RUSSIAN PETROLEUM DISASTER EXPERTS"?

"Russian scientists assessment"? Where IS that assessment?

Google-indexed ATS database is now stained with yet another trash fear mongering disinformation article.

Sorcha Fall loves to use non-existent "Russian experts" and "Russian scientists", especially "Russian ministry of XY", I think this BruceRubin poster is one more alias of his.

I've wasted enough time on this. If you are interested in Russian opinions you can visit RT here:
rt.com...
Although, you won't find "AMERICANS SOON TO DIE HAR HAR" articles.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Wasn't there a thread started ( a few days before the oil rig blew?) warning people that something was about to happen and to leave the continent and get to a place near the equator?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gakus

I don't know how to say this without it sounding like a personal attack. But it's people like you that are the problem with this world.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kreese

Originally posted by Gakus

I don't know how to say this without it sounding like a personal attack. But it's people like you that are the problem with this world.

Thanks for the laugh.

I've no need to defend myself from the likes of you.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Thanks I did follow the link to the daily mail and had a look see.

It is an horrific taxonomic scheme and if i had produced anything like that whilst working as an information architect for a client I would have had a damn good slap and a toe in the booty.

I dread to think how much the "design" team got paid for that.

no idea what it says or means, i suspect..them bad . me good.

As for the topic of the thread, I think it will be a difficult journey but humans are capable of much good and this can be overcome.

The USA has abundant resources, and is an extraordinary place of indomitable people.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by BANANAMONTANA]

[edit on 29-6-2010 by BANANAMONTANA]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I was just reading that article on another website. I was doing some investigation into the toxic rain in Tennesee and N Carolina to see if it had connections to the Nalco production, but that plant is in Texas. HQ is in Ill. Anyway, I can see this unfolding. Corexit evaporates under heat conditions (which its doing). That evaporate gets pulled into the air and into cloud formations. I had read in 5 articles on the first page of my search that it is popular consensus that this toxic rain will drift north and east. North from gulf flow, and east from the jet stream. They've already mentioned that if you can smell the oil, you're probably already breathing benzene. Not only will the rain damage crops (and YOUR garden) and ecologies (including livestock) in its path, but it will also find its way into the ground water (being absorbed into the food you grow and the water you drink and the air you breathe). This in turn, on humid days, revaporates back into the atmosphere. If this were a smaller spill and millions of gallons of CorExit were not used, it would be a different story. But by the time they get the 'relief well' drilled and cap up the gusher, we will be looking at probably 500,000,000 gallons of muck and toxins. Hurricane or not, these biochemicals will STILL find their way inland.
And according to older records from 2003, there is plenty left to spill out. The oil all in itself is a major catastrophe, but we are also having to factor in over a million gallons of dispersant and trillions of cubic feet of hydrocarbons, methane, natural gas, benzene, hydrogen sulfate, and other things. So I don't buy the 'oil is organic' line at all these days. Yes the ocean spits out a few hundred millions of oil naturally around the globe, but this disaster is all in one little spot with deadly amounts of carcinogens leaking out and being dumped on it. It has to go somewhere. The fairytale world of ignoring it until it goes away could be a bad idea, and the 'I should have paid attention' thought will go through your head when the SHTF and people are not prepared.
It isn't fearmongering these days, it's people trying to bring these hazardous issues into conversation. Not knowing is ignorance, and we're supposed to 'deny ignorance'. We're beyond the bickering stage I would think.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Wouldn't the economic debt be un-fixable if this was to happen. (i mean it is already un fix able. but wouldn't this crush america's economy? if nature was to be destroyed in that part of the united states even as far pushing to the midwest grain area.

wake up people. america wants to be in economic turmoil.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
Wouldn't the economic debt be un-fixable if this was to happen. (i mean it is already un fix able. but wouldn't this crush america's economy? if nature was to be destroyed in that part of the united states even as far pushing to the midwest grain area.

wake up people. america wants to be in economic turmoil.

It would be inevitable that the economy would progressively collapse, but not in the corporate sense. So much money and resources would be required to relocate. In retrospect it would prove to be a transitional process from freedom to police state. I doubt they would actually declare martial law. They would just do it. It's called disaster capitalism and nationbuilding. The govt would just borrow money from itself (under IMF/BIS criteria).

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
$50 says Hallibirton, BP or Obama send out a bunch of ships loaded with dispersant right into the heart of the storm which will then sink adding to the carnage!

Doom and Gloom we are all gonna die, question is when. I predict 4th July if you are gonna kill the USA why not do it on her birthday!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join