It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X Prize's multimillion-dollar challenge for Gulf oil solutions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

X Prize's multimillion-dollar challenge for Gulf oil solutions

news.blogs.cnn.com

The X Prize Foundation announced today that it is developing a multimillion-dollar “oil spill cleanup X challenge” to come up with solutions to cleaning up shorelines and open water fouled by oil leaking from the BP Deepwater Horizon rig in the Gulf of Mexico
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I searched for this and didn't find it anywhere on ATS. It seems that there are a million good products out there already to soak up and get rid of the oil but BP is unwilling to try them because they " have to make sure they are safe for the enviroment"

Since letting the oil gush out of the well and sit in the ocean is

Maybe this prize will light a fire under people so we can get this well plugged as soon as possible. Every day my anxiety level increases due to this oil geyser and I am sur I'm not the only one that this is driving mad.

Let's get this info out there, we need to find a fix for this now

news.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

I would gladly enter such a contest. I'll stay tuned and when I gut an address I will drop them a line.

I would guess that the market value of my combined ideas to be worth about 40,000 dollars. Far short of a million, but what the heck.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Light a fire under people? Have you seen all the ideas submitted on YouTube? The article itself mentions it.

Their mission is for the benefit of humanity? Off the top of my skeptical head, sounds to me like a clearinghouse for the plutocrats so that they can profit from them by selling them to the plutocrats who will then either squash or use the idea, depending on what benefits them.

Maybe I'm wrong.

You acknowledge that X PRIZE makes no representation or warranty that any party will win any X PRIZE contest or achieve any of the goals set forth in any X PRIZE competition. You further acknowledge that, whether or not anyone wins an X PRIZE contest or achieves the goals of an X PRIZE competition, X PRIZE shall retain all payments, proceeds or donations made in connection with any Submissions and that X PRIZE shall retain all rights to the Submissions granted to X PRIZE herein.

Related thread: Stopping BP from profiting from our ideas that we submitted

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
This is one of, if not the best idea I've seen for cleaning the slick.

Enviro Voraxial Technology

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
XPrize needs to update its website, as their statement there reads:

Official Statement Regarding Oil Spill Clean-up
The X PRIZE Foundation is considering, but has not yet developed, a multi-million dollar competition to help alleviate the effects of the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. We are currently consulting with experts and advisors on the viability of this potential competition to incentivize the development of rapidly-deployable methods for the clean-up of crude oil along our coastlines and within our oceans. While the launch of such a competition is not guaranteed, we will announce further details on the development of this competition as they are available. Thank you for your encouragement and support.”

XPrize link

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
BP already tried this idea. It was called a "blow out preventer".

It popped.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The X PRIZE is a good con game. They go out and get a big bucks offer if they can find a solution and you might recieve 5 to 10 percent, maybe, if your lucky. Furthermore, all your ideas become theirs. Simply look into past X PRIZES, they are on the Internet. They are a company that makes money off of your ideas, and sells your ideas as their ideas.

top topics

join