It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun has had a powercut, I repeat the sun has had a powercut...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Bun-G

I don't doubt that something happened you just have to understand that is sounds somewhat strange and unbelievable and you will get some posts that are just rediculous.The way things are going in this world right now anything is possible. Some just don't want to believe the universe is changing daily and we don't know enough about it to come to conclusions that we do know what is going on out there.Hell we can't even figure things out here on earth so we damn sure can't say we know what is happening out there.Hope you figure it out.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I see this phenomena a lot where I live.

Because of my location there is a major air corridor for all airplanes flying along the California coast.

Depending on the time of day and the direction the plane is flying,it may momentarily cast a shadow on an area very far removed.

If one were to notice it and look up,nothing would be seen.

The plane could be miles away and 30,000 feet up but the shadow would cast over your location.

First time it happened I freaked out.

But using deductive reasoning and a little knowledge I figured it out.

It was a frigging plane off in the distance!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

okay, so, the sun can't turn itself on and off like that....
that doesn't mean this is a hoax! maybe a satellite or something passed between him and the sun, or a plane, or something....
the sun turning itself on and off, wouldn't be the only explanation anyways. there must be other far more likely explanations!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

Yeah I would agree with you if the OP hadn’t ruled out any planes or clouds saying it was a clear day, and read the title. In the absence of a real explanation it’s fair to assume without proof that it’s a hoax. Yes there are explanations however the OP rules them out, unless someone can come up with some new ones

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

well if the sun was electrical in nature instead of nuclear.... then its light output may have something to do with the composition of the clouds its flying through in space or its proximity to other stars.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

yeah that’s a great theory, but the sun is nuclear in nature.

Look am really sorry to be debunking everything here but the sun is the sun. You are not going to get any conspiracy out of it.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Bun-G

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e1e6b4f2dc01.jpg[/atsimg]

Stranger things have happened dude...

peace

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

there would be more people that saw it if it was real surely. unless it was in the UV and him and his freind were one of the few who could even notice.... other than the animals lol.

i cant say what i want to even if im not serious?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Sorry are you trying to say the sun is not real?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by Bun-G

Ok by bad you didn’t say it moved.

However when someone on here says “this is a hoax” then it is usually the job of the OP or other ATSters to prove that its not. This is usually done by following the golden role “no video or pictures then it never happened”. You really better get used to people challenging you here on ATS its not being uncivil. We have allot of disinfo folk floating around hoax’s and liars so it’s very normal to be called a liar unless you have proof. I am not being uncivil am just challenging anyone to prove how this could happen.

Heres how i see it

Cant be something nurological because for that to be the case then your friend would not have seen it

By your own account there were no clouds or planes so it can’t be cloud or aircraft shadow.

The title of this thread is “The Sun has had a powercut, I repeat the sun has had a powercut” suggesting you are saying the sun has had a power cut.

This leaves two possibilities as i see it either the sun can turn its self of (which it cant) or your are a liar unless you or someone else can provide a explication.

Ok I understand where your coming from now... I've been a long time lurker but rarely post so I can see where you might be getting a hoax from.

The title of the thread is tongue in cheek & im aware the sun cannot turn it's self on & off it was just a really bizarre thing to see the sky go dark like a shadow had just descended fora split second.

Like I said I was on my break at work having a cigarette, I wasn't expecting anything to happen so didn't have my phone on video record so there is no evidence. If you don't believe me you don't believe me. It's no hair off my back

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bun-G

Thank you I appreciate that, just a thought you said you were smoking, is it possible that it was the cigarette smoke casting a shadow over your eyes and thus it appeared like everything around you had got darker?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I'll try explaining this another way:

The sun outputs a massive amount of radiation. This is a fact, irregardless of whether you believe it to be nuclear or "electric" in nature. Even a brief cut in the solar output would have a devastating effect on the geomagnetic equilibrium of the earth not to mention that the earth would flash freeze.

Radiation = heat. You cut light, you also cut heat. Earth would become colder than Pluto for a moment.

Whatever you and your friend experienced, if it happened, was definitely local in nature or we wouldn't be having this conversation!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

I work on an the edge of an industrial estate, but where I am is mostly separated from the rest of the industrial estate by a retail complex... & the back of my work backs onto a new residential estate. No Pilions or anything

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Where are you from? The UK, the US ect?

What do you mean expect to see it happen more often?? I'll go grab my tinfoil hat lol

Thanks for the reply

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Could a large body orbiting close to the sun cause this, maybe an eclipse. There could be some truth to this planet x, i meen if this body was close to the sun hypothetically could it cause this affect?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

Thanks for the response, this is what I'm starting to think it is, as I see planes flying over my work quite regularly.. London Luton Airport is about 15-20 miles south of me

Edit to add -

I see planes fly regularly, but if it was a plane it was very high in the sky as I saw no plane no contrails ect

[edit on 28/6/10 by Bun-G]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
wow i didnt expect to read this tonight - but i did have the same experience as the op at approx 10.30am in central London (uk) - the op is correct that it was a dimming rather than on or off effect... also it was long enough to really notice the indoor shop lighting - i was in a local shop at the time chatting to the owner - we both made a what was that comment and then both said it must have been a plane - odd though

[edit on 28-6-2010 by trickyitmaybeuk]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by Bun-G

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e1e6b4f2dc01.jpg[/atsimg]

Stranger things have happened dude...

peace

haha I love it

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by Bun-G

Thank you I appreciate that, just a thought you said you were smoking, is it possible that it was the cigarette smoke casting a shadow over your eyes and thus it appeared like everything around you had got darker?

It's not likely as we were both at different sides of a picnic table me standing & my colleague was sitting down... but I dunno it might of, I don't think thats what caused it though

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

The weather didn't change it was still baking outside... I think I'm just gonna need to chalk it up as an unsolved mystery... maybe I should give that show a call

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join