It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun has had a powercut, I repeat the sun has had a powercut...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bun-G

The only thing i can think of which might explain this, apart from a cloud passing by or an aircraft/bird etc, would be something large in space, briefly transiting the line of sight between the sun and the Earth, causing a very fleeting solar eclipse.

If the object was large enough, and positioned in the correct distance between Earth and the sun, then it may have been that.

Quite what the 'object' may be is another question entirely!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jimjolnir

I live in a little town called Waterfall in Durban, South Africa. The following is something myself and at least two others experienced around 3 hours ago now.

Between 12:00PM and 12:30PM today, 21 Feb, my Mom and I were talking in the kitchen when something strange happened. For a split second everything went dark. Outside as well as in. The electricity, the sun, all light dissapeared! It is a cloudless, sunny, summer day. I don't want to speculate to much but it was as if we jumped dimensions. We both looked outside and then at each other.
I asked my Mom, "Did you see that?"
she said, "Yes! What the (expletive) was that?!"
I don't know if it is relevant, but a plane was flying overhead.
I followed my Mom outside, the plane went so fast that it was gone before we could catch a glimpse.
(I just went to confirm things with my Mom, my aunt just arrived, she says she experienced the same thing at the same time. She lives over the hill from us, almost from where the plane would have flown. It came from the north.)

My mom and I both felt a little funny, our eyes and stomach especially. Nothing crazy, almost a little faint. That lasted a few seconds. strange.

In addition to this story, I experienced the same thing when I was 14, 10 years ago. I was in standard 7 and in a second floor classroom, sitting at a table with 5 other people. The same thing happened.
Everything went dark. We looked up at eachother and the question arose, "did you see that?". Some say they just blinked, others swore, like me and my friend Ross, that we hadn't. I looked around and I thought other students noticed it too. A lot of them were looking around. I asked a lot of them about it after class, some say they experienced it while others weren't sure, or were sure they had blinked.

This happened again about a week or two later (if memory serves me well). After a recess period while lining up before going back to class, my friend Ross and I were talking and we both experienced a black out.

So, I've experienced this outside as well as in and with multiple witnesses and I, and others, have no clue as to what can cause this.

If anyone as any leads on what this could be, or how it happens, it would be appreciated.

If anyone has experienced a black out like this, or something you find similar, or that could contribute to the topic please post your experiences/information.

Please no flaming, trolling, off-topic posting... we know this is burdensome, even in a vauge topic such as what I've posted above.

Thanx and happy posting

*my first thread, I apologise if it sucks, or has been covered already. I tried searching and googling with no luck. Delete if need be. I'm a noob
if this is in the wrong forum, or could be in a better one please move it. Thanks to MODS for taking care of us noob flock

Now I wasn't in so I couldn't say anything about it going dark inside the building at the same time, but I did say to the people I sit near when I went in & they didn't notice anything. They we're probably just thinking "Benn's acting crazy again"

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by kevinunknown

there would be more people that saw it if it was real surely. unless it was in the UV and him and his freind were one of the few who could even notice.... other than the animals lol.

i cant say what i want to even if im not serious?

Okay, but this is not really a proof...

Say, how many people saw and how how many people actually voiced it... that the Emperor has no suit?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bun-G

The Cern LHC "Hadron Collider" Particle accelerator, in Switzerland. You know blackholes, funny quarks, multi-dimensional elements that exist briefly in our time and space. They have a bunch of them around the world. Even a small one located at my university.

They have a bunch of haarp's too.
I tried to do some goggling on Haarp causing the sky to dim, as I have seen and heard of it lighting the night sky, but wasnt able to find anything.

Its easy to see how visible light or its frequency could be manipulated by haarp. I wonder if the area is ever chem-trailed?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bun-G
When I say a powercut im just joking. It was like someone standing at a light switch ... light off/light on. for like .010seconds.

If it was me on my own that saw it then i'd of thought my mind was playing tricks on me. but I wasn't the only person who saw it.

I thought it was strange is all.

The average blink of an eye takes only 3/10ths to 4/10ths of a second. Could you have blinked and only partially noticed it? I think the other person must have been influenced by the power of suggestion to agree with your perception of what happened.

But then again. I wasn't there and didn't notice anything.

[edit on 6/28/2010 by Sparky63]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by Bun-G

The only thing i can think of which might explain this, apart from a cloud passing by or an aircraft/bird etc, would be something large in space, briefly transiting the line of sight between the sun and the Earth, causing a very fleeting solar eclipse.
If the object was large enough, and positioned in the correct distance between Earth and the sun, then it may have been that.
Quite what the 'object' may be is another question entirely!

Yup, I'd quicker believe your theory, it make more sense. The aircraft one, I've seen happen a few times. The object in space? Also do able, I mean how many times has NASA made the announcement of astoroids coming into our system. This could've been one.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bun-G

I was in the linford wood area, just north of the city center. I'll keep my eyes open for unusual sun action though.

I used to work in the tescos in kingston. Small world

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I have to say that i experienced the same dimming,at roughly the same time as the op,here in the N.E. of Scotland!

I was working inside at the time,but was right beside a large loading bay door,looking outside,when it went visibly dark then brightened almost instantaneously! I was just about to ask my workmate if he had noticed it,but i saw the usual vacant expression on his face and decided against it!

Very strange indeed!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
i was hoping that more people would have seen this event - it did happen.... i was having a conversation at the time it happened so if we both stopped to comment on it, albeit briefly, then it must have been something - if you read my original reply the person i was talking to and myself both became aware of the shop lights? therefore a massive dimming of the light outside must have happened - i dont see that as a passing plane, although thats how we both commented on it at the time - it wast fast but on reflection quite dramatic... hopefully more people will add to this...

[edit on 28-6-2010 by trickyitmaybeuk]

[edit on 28-6-2010 by trickyitmaybeuk]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

No, I am not saying that happened. I am saying that SOMETHING happened. From their precise points, the sun seemed to vanish for an instant. Even the OP isn't actually saying that the sun turned off and back on; he said that descriptively.

--And, oh, hey, I remember that "tripped out the sun" topic. I was on there, I think!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
interesting

"Immediately after the distress of those days " 'the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.'-Matt24.29

The moon will shine like the sun, and the sunlight will be seven times brighter-Is30.6

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Bun-G

For what it's worth, and I will admit that it isn't much, I experienced the same effect here in New Mexico about 2 weeks ago. I was indoors about midday in a room with two windows and the sunlight through both momentarily "blinked" out. My wife in an adjacent room noticed nothing and further observation demonstrated a cloudless, sunny day with no observable aircraft etc. in the sky.

I wrote it off as a momentary "brain flatulence" until I read the OP. Now I wonder.... Hmmmmm.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Here's another old post

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sky went dark for about 6 seconds.. Im in u.k England in a place called Shinewater which is within Eastbourne.. It is now about 9.20am and relativity bright, and the sky just went dark around this area, like night time dark, but no stars or clouds just pitch black...Quite a few people saw this so i'm not hallucinating...My neighbour believes it was a sudden eclipse but wouldn't that make everywhere else dark?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
oooh, i remember that one, will see the conclusion now!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bun-G

Reminds me of this and an experience I had myself.

I used to stand outside my workplace having a cigarette everyday, a man came over to me one day who looked poor by general standards and he had nothing to his name, I never did get his name though.

I spoke to this man and never gave him any information whatsover over the course of the month or so.

I offered him £1 as I thought he was homeless and he only accepted it because I told him I wanted to give him the money regardless of need after being told by him that money has no meaning.

The next day he came back and offered me £170 and I told him I would not take it. He said that he had used the money to create more money in the form of a scratchcard, it was my winnings not his because the money meant nothing to him.

I told him to keep the money and he told me that he knew me, he mentioned my name which he had no way of knowing and told me that I would meet him on the hill, he told me that I would not understand it until it was time and that I would never see him again until I met him at the throne on the hill.

I have never saw him again and still havent yet.

I understand it now and my point is, you will understand what this is or what it means when you are ready.

Patience is a virtue.

Dont look to the questioners for an answer. You will only be left with more questions.

PS: in case anyones wondering, the man gave the money to a homeless man on the street as he walked off, beautiful.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

the sun just farted

story solved

thread closed/

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The spacial object theory sounds the most plausible. Just to add on to it, I know that the whole dark matter theory is currently thought of as old hat, but what if we are on the outskirts of a massive (albeit, so dispersed that we may barely notice it) dark matter cloud? Even just a solitary blob of dark matter if an entire cloud of it is too much to handle.

I have experienced similar things, but in all honesty I never paid much attention to the cloud covering at the time because I am usually indoors when it happens. The majority of my experiences are probably birds though.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Birds and planes make sense if you're in direct sunlight, but if this was experienced from inside then I'd say there's possibly something more to it. It also seems to be becomming a re-curring eventas there is another post like this - but who knows. I will remain intrigued

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
I did suggest it may be the result of a neurological condition, that and a lie are the only logical explanations. However remember his friend also experienced it so it makes the later, a lie, the most likely explanation.

Hoax this... lie that.... The guy said it looked like the sun dimmed for a moment and you jump on this thread basicly calling him a hoxer and a liar over and over and over again? You know, a real debunker would be looking at high altitude flights for that day or satellite trajectories and weather patterns to come up with some alternative reasons for the observations here. Instead you come on this guy's thread acting no better than a fifth grade school yard bully, and while that may give you some grim satisfaction, it's rather nauseating to the rest of the board here. Nobody asked you for your opinion, you interjected it, which is all well and good as this is a discussion forum, however this isn't a school yard, and based on your posts, you aren't the biggest kid on the playground either. Agree, disagree, post contrary information, alternative explinations, but don't expect to get away with calling the OP a liar here for long.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Ditto, I was just thinking the same thing, but you obviously type faster than me.

I was seeing vids on youtube about huge planet size orbs near the sun. Just go to youtube, in the search bar, type the word: Warriorkinging.
He was dedicating alot of his time and efforts pointing yhese things out and it is VERY interesting.
Please take a moment to check out his vids. This can easily explain why the sun or even the moon could black out for a split second (large passing object) or a long time, big passing object taking its time or getting very close to earth.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join