It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun has had a powercut, I repeat the sun has had a powercut...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I tend to agree that our understanding of the Universe has been limited, that the Electric Universe Model is our next step in understanding the future as well as coping with other 'old paradigms'.

Some folks still think oil is from dead dinosaurs and plants. Some folks still think the Gulf crisis is a "spill".

Perhaps it is possible that a migration of insects went by high above you. I have witnessed this myself before. A cloud that is not quite a cloud and not quite visible but yet is able to cause the sun to become filtered as the swarm moves onward to its destination.

Or, perhaps there was a fundamental shift in your consciousness and the flicker was the "reboot" so to speak. In this instance I would say trust your instincts and if you felt fear than explore this so that you may overcome it, if you felt a more positive vibration then accept the gift without having to understand it.

In the meantime, I too agree that I have read a similar post on just such a thing. I also remember it coming from out of the UK. It is good to note such things so that a pattern may emerge.

I believe, such as the Mayan Elder Don Juan Alejandro has recently spoken of, that the Sun will soon turn off for a time. A time of the New Sun, a New Age will emerge and we are only beginning to see the changes around us. Open without fear and accept without prejudice that which we may not understand, but accept a higher source for such things in our Faith of a Better Tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by DangerDeath

Unless you have a PHD in astrophysics then that’s a very bold statement to make. Let’s not forget if this happened as the OP said it did then everyone in the UK would have noticed it and also the sun would appear to be noticeably higher in the sky. And would this not also have altered the orbit of the earth?

And until the Sun is proved to be a illusion then your theory holds no water

All I'm saying, OP probably experienced what everyone experiences sometimes, a short-circuit in his senses. For that to experience, one doesn't need to be a PhD in astrophysics.

However, if what we see as Sun is anything like a flame coming out of welding apparatus, and the pressure is cut - it could disappear in a second. Perhaps there is a fusion process, but what really causes it. Jupiter is composed of hydrogen and helium - where does that helium come from, since science claims that Jupiter has not enough mass to start fusion? I think that scientific theory about what is going on in stars is pretty insufficient.

I very much appreciate the work of scientists, but I do often doubt their interpretation of the facts, because it is usually heavily exposed to ideological pressure, and therefore distorted.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pilgrum
Anyone here confident they could see (let alone hear) a large aircraft flying overhead at cruising altitude of 30000'+ ? They don't always leave contrails depending atmospheric conditions at that height. I'm wondering how large the shadow of a jumbo or similar size jet at that altitude would be on the ground.

The size of the aircraft's shadow is the same as the aircraft, only it will be distorted and dimmed by the atmosphere. This is because the source (Sun) is 150 million km distant, and 10 km distance between aircraft and ground is negligible in this case.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath

All I'm saying, OP probably experienced what everyone experiences sometimes, a short-circuit in his senses. deological pressure, and therefore distorted.

I did suggest it may be the result of a neurological condition, that and a lie are the only logical explanations. However remember his friend also experienced it so it makes the later, a lie, the most likely explanation.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I'm afraid, logical explanations based on what we don't know - are no good. Our ignorance cannot be accounted for as if it was a fact. It would be more honest to say: we don't know what happened, was it just a subjective experience or not.

Science too often makes an opinion based on very insufficient data (like in paleo-anthropology, where there are very few findings), and then we have major shifts in theories every decade or so. This is a constant mistake science does, because it desperately strives to maintain its ideological authority, no matter what. This is one of the biggest drawbacks of our civilization.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I have friend that's in another stratosphere with regards to wisdom. He suggested it may have been something that he referred to as a 'simultaneous blink'. Something to do with 'eyelids' or some nonsense.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Well I guess no one wants to ask this so I will. What type of cig were you puffing on? Was it a hand rolled or was it a cig you got from the store? Just wondering as this may be the reason if it was a hand rolled you may have had a little euphoric episode that has been known to happen with a certain hand rolled variety.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a few nights ago, 4 or 5 maybe...

i was outside watching a thunderstorm in Pekin Illinois (coordinates on my avatar under "location").

i was watching the lighting when i saw something i had never seen before in my 38 years of life, that i can recall..

from the left came a blue tinted bolt of lighting.
from the right came a pink tinted bolt of lighting.
in the cloud where they met there it lit up a gentle hue of purple.

i'm no meteoroligist, and i can offer no explanation for it.
not sure who else may have seen it, but from my angle, it sure looked liked some interesting phenomenon.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

When photographed, lightnings do appear to have different hue. I guess, it happens too fast for our eye to catch it.

In a show about some scientists, "thunder hunters", they claimed that thunder in most cases comes from Earth upwards, although to us it appears it comes from the sky. That is a kind of "theory" that haunts us at all times.

As a painter, I know very well how eye can trick us to seeing a totally idealized picture of reality. Most of the time we deal with such insufficient ideas. Like - when we see a "tree" do we really see its structure which is so complicated? We don't. It's just a stump and canopy and some leaves. That's all we "see".

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

thanks for sharing.

i know different gasses can cause electromagnetic phenomenon to appear in different colors, like when we burn fireworks.

but this seemed to linger for more than a second, more than a few seconds really. perhaps, since it was near a front the change in temperature had some effect? i dunno.

thanks for sharing. and i hope you enjoy your making your paintings and works of art.

End Transmission,
ET

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

As I've stated on a couple of occasions now I have no reason to make this up, i've been civil upto now, but you have called me a liar on a number of occasions now & your gonna need to watch your mouth

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

haha no they were were mayfair smooths... I have to wait til I get home before I can make my own special ones

I'm quite busy at the minute at work so when I get home I'll have a proper look at everyone who has contributed, but thanks for helping me try to get to the bottom of this

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Bun-G

I don’t really care how civil you have been towards me if I think this is a lie or a hoax I am going to let you know about it, just as I would do with any other ATSter. I am totally confused, its like i am the only sane person here who is prepared to challenge you. The sun cannot turn its self off then on again but in a slightly different position.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

That would of been an amazing site to see

I kind of know what you mean by how our brains simplify things you see, I was watching something on tv yesterday called QI with Stephen Fry & he took a few pics of celebs & photo enhanced their eye's & mouth's so they were upside down on the picture. When the picture was upside down, you could easily tell who the person was the picture looked like a normal photo- abeit upside down, but when the picture was turned the correct way round, the face looked completely different. The brain is a very powerful thing!!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Did it suddenly get very, very cold outside? Did the birds overhead flash freeze and drop to the ground?

I didn't think so. No power cut.

I am going to go with atmospheric obstruction or neurological condition.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

tell me where I said the sun was in a different position??? Your talking out of your ass, this isn't a hoax, I have no reason to lie I just posted on here to see what other people thought of this. It seems to me that your the only person trolling this post, it doesnt make you big, it doesnt make you clever... It just makes you look like a arse.

If you dont think I saw what I saw how about you think up some explanations for it... I suppose it's just alot easier to point he's a liar it's a hoax. Again it just makes you look like a arse.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

I can't see it being anything neurological as I wasn't the only person to see it happen, but thinking outside the box - keep it up

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Bun-G

Hey. Just thought I'd let you know that you're not the only one with these experiences. My son and I had one of these "events" just a couple of weeks ago at the very same time. It's not just you or just me or just anyone in particular. It's just that some people notice and others don't. We noticed. There will be more just as there have been many before now.

There will be a lot more of a lot of things. Hold tight! Things are going to get bumpy and fun very, very soon.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Bun-G

Ok by bad you didn’t say it moved.

However when someone on here says “this is a hoax” then it is usually the job of the OP or other ATSters to prove that its not. This is usually done by following the golden role “no video or pictures then it never happened”. You really better get used to people challenging you here on ATS its not being uncivil. We have allot of disinfo folk floating around hoax’s and liars so it’s very normal to be called a liar unless you have proof. I am not being uncivil am just challenging anyone to prove how this could happen.

Heres how i see it

Cant be something nurological because for that to be the case then your friend would not have seen it

By your own account there were no clouds or planes so it can’t be cloud or aircraft shadow.

The title of this thread is “The Sun has had a powercut, I repeat the sun has had a powercut” suggesting you are saying the sun has had a power cut.

This leaves two possibilities as i see it either the sun can turn its self of (which it cant) or your are a liar unless you or someone else can provide a explication.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
OP, I'll entertain you for a bit.

Do you work near any large installations, pylons etc etc?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join