It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun has had a powercut, I repeat the sun has had a powercut...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by supernova49

It's an idea, but I'm pretty sure it was only local to a mile radius

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by trickyitmaybeuk

I knew I wasn't crazy or having some kind of group hallucination... it was about 10:33-10:35 as I had almost finished my cigarette. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who saw it... but if you saw it in central london, thats a good 50-60 miles from me, so I doubt it was a plane?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

yes u r correct
second line

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Is it possible that the crew at the CERN LHC facility tried out some new, whacky experiment that may have temporarily ionized or distorted the local atmostphere to the point that for a moment, such local atmospheric distortion partially occluded the sun's full intensity? I am reminded of a technology I saw recently where the gas between two window panes can be ionized so that the light allowed to pass through is reduced, creating a dimming effect. Also, I seem to recall another recent thread reporting some sort of recent lul in solar activity. Might the two phenomena be related?

You know, i find it odd that that in these threads, some of us like to ponder the possibilities and offer them for discussion, while others, imbued with seemingly self ascribed subject matter expert authority, swoop in and declare their absolute knowledge of all possibilities and discount an OP's account as a hoax. We are either blessed to have in our midst a myriad of talented emissaries from various scientific disciplines, or perhaps the greater scientific community at large should consider tapping into our seemingly boundless and untapped talent pool at ATS. I think it more likely that there are those in our midst that arrogantly think themselves knowledgeable enough to weigh in with concete, black and white answers, when their own arrogance precludes them from the simple admission of not knowing that they don't know. Funny thing.

-Bryan

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by belowcommonknowledge

It's possible, was there something on this website or the news about recent solar activity. That kind of thing intrigues me, but I will only briefly scan things like that as it mostly goes over the top of my head

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by belowcommonknowledge
Is it possible that the crew at the CERN LHC facility tried out some new, whacky experiment that may have temporarily ionized or distorted the local atmostphere to the point that for a moment, such local atmospheric distortion partially occluded the sun's full intensity? I am reminded of a technology I saw recently where the gas between two window panes can be ionized so that the light allowed to pass through is reduced, creating a dimming effect. Also, I seem to recall another recent thread reporting some sort of recent lul in solar activity. Might the two phenomena be related?

You know, i find it odd that that in these threads, some of us like to ponder the possibilities and offer them for discussion, while others, imbued with seemingly self ascribed subject matter expert authority, swoop in and declare their absolute knowledge of all possibilities and discount an OP's account as a hoax. We are either blessed to have in our midst a myriad of talented emissaries from various scientific disciplines, or perhaps the greater scientific community at large should consider tapping into our seemingly boundless and untapped talent pool at ATS. I think it more likely that there are those in our midst that arrogantly think themselves knowledgeable enough to weigh in with concete, black and white answers, when their own arrogance precludes them from the simple admission of not knowing that they don't know. Funny thing.

-Bryan

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Somebody had to say it!

I think I'd have your post as my signature, if I knew how to add it.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bun-G

I cannot say for sure about the phenomena that you and your pal witnessed...but I SWEAR that I have noticed the shadows of the sun being autumn like more early than when I was a kid in the 70's and 80's......and maybe it is my age....but it seems to burn hotter on my skin...(and I used to live many different places...and I have noticed the shadow thing all over...SLC, Utah......Chicago......

So....who knows.....

(why do ya'll have to ridicule OP's on this site...a person is entitled to his opinion....ESPECIALLY on a CONSPIRACY THEORY website...come on ya'll...let's grow up a wee bit....(crabby ol' lady today......ppppffffftttttt)

d(-_-)b

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Bun-G

Sounds weird, I am in milton keynes also and I never witnessed anything, I was indoors most of the day so I don't think I would have seen anything anyway. I did notice my eyes have hurt in the sun more than usual though today perhaps what your saying is true. Or that I've just spent too much time indoors lol

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

The CERN LHC facility. I was thinking more along the lines of haarp. Short circuit the human brain, lift the ionosphere, its just a change of frequency. I am reminded of reports of the night sky being lit up, just before a haarp induced earthquake. Im sure dimming could be symptomatic of something haarp related.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
lol well I did say after it happened it seemed like the sun was shining alot brighter, but that might of been cos it went dark for a sec... an optical illusion of some sort.

Where in MK are you from? I noticed it while I was working in Kingston

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Bun-G

I read a thread a while back by someone who had the same thing happen to him. And the people who were with him. Try searching around on ATS for the thread. I'll do the same...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MojosGhost

I thought the Cern LHC facility was where they had haarp - under the mountains in Switzerland? Knowing me, i'm just getting things mixed up as per usual

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
It's quite simple. you and your companion blinked, most likely at the same time... and you both did not realise it - your brain did not acknowledge your blink consciously, while sub consciously your brain made you blink. When you blinked, your controlling charisma caused your friend to involuntarily blink as well, almost directly after you.

in your moment of cognization of the slight instant darkening of your vision, then brightening of it, you mentioned to your friend..." did you just see that?"

your friend, who experienced the same "brainfart" says yes....

Then you are on your way to bigger and better story lines and fairy tales!

link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Thanks for the heads up... to be honest I haven't got a clue what to put into the search engine though... I'll have a look see what I can find.

link   
It was the Matrix being rebooted.

The noise makers at the World Cup disrupted the program and caused a glitch and the best answer for that was to reboot.

[edit on 6/28/2010 by seentoomuch]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by Bun-G

I read a thread a while back by someone who had the same thing happen to him. And the people who were with him. Try searching around on ATS for the thread. I'll do the same...

That didn't take too long. Here's the thread from February:

"Visual Black Out: Who tripped the sun for a second?"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Megiddodiddo

There is a post from a guy in england stating the same thing happend around the same time the ops experience happened

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Megiddodiddo

Computer says no.

I mean I like a good brain fart as much as the next man
but that seems to plausible to be true. Come on we're on a conspiracy forum.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Good find I'll give this a quick read.

Star for you kind sir

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join