It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's 'Identity Ecosystem' will tie our names to EVERY device we use, replace all passwords

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmo740
I cant wait untill we can vote hime out!!!!

If this is in place before then it wont matter. Much like if it's 'voluntary' but they still have the framework in place they will be attaching names to every device they can snoop anyways.

The days of the office of president and even congress, as we know it all today, needs to end.

Check out that Consensual Taxation idea I posted. Until we are the ones in control these things won't stop. The system needs to be rebooted, or rather the OS needs to be reinstalled, like a beaten down 2 year old corrupted installation of Windows ME. The US Constitution (our OS) is good, but it could be better. We need to upgrade our OS having it put the power in our hands, not in that of so-called 'elected' 'represntative' officials.

These people, and those multinational corporations and related special interest group are all a virus in the system. We need a system with built in virus / spyware / malware protection. The Constitution isn't virus protection, its just an OS that means well. WE NEED TO BE THE VIRUS PROTECTION. We obviously can't do that they way it is written.

It's time for a true change, one that we all can agree on the move forward to enact. If people don't believe in the form of change as being feasible and relevant then they wont act.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Trying to find the old links is proving difficult but they are there, i even remember an article in Computer Shopper about the issue. However why should i bother going out and finding the details when you carry on in your post to say it is the person who implements the ideas that is to blame?

Don't you get it? The idea was always going to be forced through no matter who the president was, the various large companies want it pushed through and the governments want to more easily monitor people. To blame Obama is to completely ignore the people behind it and in doing so you play right into their hands.

And no i am not someone who believes in a small group of people in a smokey room planning world domination, i think many average people within government think this is a good idea as they don't see the potential for abuse.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
hmm, if they do that, then il find a way to create an EMP!

Then there will be NO technology!!

hehe, they would have to start all over again ^_^

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Even though this could be a genuine good thing in some regards, the problem is, it would end anonymity forever. You would be anonymous to others on the Internet, but the government would always know who you are and anything you say.

This would send us back to hand written letters or face to face conversations for privacy.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

So if Obama is part of a crowd who wishes to do this, it excuses him for going along with it? Is that what you mean? He is an innocent little lamb who shares no guilt if he pushes this through?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
It would be cheaper and easier to just inject everyone with a RFID chip - or brand a barcode in their forehead. Either or - gets the required job done in a more straightforward and effective manner.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Hey guys...I'm tellin'ya now. If and when that happens, I guess I'll resign my job, come home and pack my stuff, let them have the house, and homestead up in the Appalachian Mtns in some remote holler.

Seriously, my family, my horse, some goats and chickens... a plow,an axe, a frying pan, and a good rifle or 3. Live it like gran'daddy.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

No. By all means these types of systems, and their history, are my forte. I'd really like to know more background on this. So far the data only shows Obma and the minions around him, and down at Homeland Security. The project was started a year ago. So far you've only mentioned Bill Gates alone... sort of like in a dark smokey room.

But that doesn't mean I'm letting Obama off the hook.

You say don't let the real people behind it off the hook, but so far I don't see you lifting the veil.

I didn't know there are a whole lot of good people left in the upper echelons of government, and above.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

So if Obama is part of a crowd who wishes to do this, it excuses him for going along with it? Is that what you mean? He is an innocent little lamb who shares no guilt if he pushes this through?

No that is not what i was saying at all, you are trying to put words in my mouth.

What i am saying is that blaming Obama for the entire thing is utterly stupid and the fact that so many automatically do shows that people can't put their political opinions aside. It's like blaming him for the oil spill or the economy and i would like to make clear again, i don't like Obama, i am just being fair.

Obama has little power to stop this, that is the truth. If he did manage to prevent it then all that would happen is the next president would push it through. What i am really getting at is people consistently miss the target, they attack the figurehead and not the people behind it all.

People do this because it's easy, they are given a figure to love or hate and they go along with it.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

No. By all means these types of systems, and their history, are my forte. I'd really like to know more background on this. So far the data only shows Obma and the minions around him, and down at Homeland Security. The project was started a year ago. So far you've only mentioned Bill Gates alone... sort of like in a dark smokey room.

But that doesn't mean I'm letting Obama off the hook.

You say don't let the real people behind it off the hook, but so far I don't see you lifting the veil.

I didn't know there are a whole lot of good people left in the upper echelons of government, and above.

The only reason i have mentioned Microsoft alone is because that's what i remember from an article i read over 4 years ago, you may have a photographic memory but i don't. I can't remember the name of the system and so it's difficult to google it. Hopefully someone else will remember, i did an hour of googling and couldn't find what i was after *shrugs*.

As for lifting the veil lol, sorry man but the only way it will change is if everyone stands up, and i mean everyone and protests. I do my part, do you do yours?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

If it were Bush he'd get the same treatment, verbatim.

I go after Obama because he is the one pushing it thru, and people who support him need to wake up. As long as he has supporters he will have better odds of success.

And actually you can blame his response, and roadblocks, to the oil response on him. And you can blame him for further ruining the economy. Either stand up for us or prepare for the onslaught. That goes for anyone in the realms of power.

Who are the people behind it all? Unless we know, we have to start with what we do know. Maybe we could blame the Federal Reserve bankster sorts, oh, but then that might be like a smokey room that surely doesn't exist.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanHero
When the government wants to help you do things like get better reception for your tv and now a digital identity so you no longer have to bother with passwords...

You have to wonder if it's a gigantic waste of tax payer's money, or there's a major ulterior motive.

I'm going to go with the latter on this one...

I think the DTV thing was a great idea.. it had been in the works for a long time and analog TV was so 70's.. it needed to go. It brought competition to the cable companies where they really aside from satellite had a monopoly on TV beforehand.

Before DTV I could get perhaps 12 channels and were fuzzy. now, my local channels have 3 sub channels with unique programming for a total of 4 channels each station. So Now I get 48 channels of good network quality Tv for Free and I do not pay the Cable company.

I don't need cable. Any cable channel I can get before, I can now get online for free.

As for this identity move I agree it's a bad thing.

What will this do you anonymous surfing? Now, sure the Gov can go to the ISP and order them to release the name of the user if you are doing illegal stuff with your computer. But us law abiding people don't want to think that every piece of hardware in your PC is sending out your real name and address all over the world in electronic hidden form.

I do not think they can pull this off. They already do not have the ability to protect even government computer systems from hackers, how are they going to put in an infrastructure to protect against theft from this?

[edit on 28-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
The only reason i have mentioned Microsoft alone is because that's what i remember from an article i read over 4 years ago, you may have a photographic memory but i don't. I can't remember the name of the system and so it's difficult to google it. Hopefully someone else will remember, i did an hour of googling and couldn't find what i was after *shrugs*.

Ohhhh....

I think you might be talking about Microsoft's M.E.S.H. grid networking!

I posted about this several years ago:

Microsofts M.E.S.H. 'Control Grid'

Self-Organizing Neighborhood Wireless Mesh Networks
Community-based multi-hop wireless networks is disruptive to the current broadband Internet access paradigm, which relies on cable and DSL being deployed in individual homes. It is important because it allows free flow of information without any moderation or selective rate control. Compared to the large DSL and cable modem systems that are centrally managed, mesh networking is organic — everyone in the neighborhood contributes network resources and cooperates.

If that's what you're referring to good catch! I originally posted it over at my old Myspace blog in '06.

A couple years ago I was doing some deep research into the CIA's venture capital firm, In-Q-Tel. I had gotten down into some specific techno gadgets involved in such a MESH grid... but oh dear the file with the copy-pastes is buried DEEP in the bowels of my massive archives.

As for lifting the veil lol, sorry man but the only way it will change is if everyone stands up, and i mean everyone and protests. I do my part, do you do yours?

Take a look at my body of work and you tell me.

More importantly than just pissing people off is providing solid solutions people can believe in, which I've posted a contextual one in this thread. If people believe they have no chance of stopping it, no solution that will prevent it all from happening again, they'll 'flight' instead of 'fight'.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

It's his people designing it, is it not?

He could stop it if he wished.

It is also his people who suggested monitoring posts on boards like this. His people means others saying the things he wants said he does not have the spine to say himself.

He also tried to limit his Press Conferences to only reporters who agree with him.

All of those things are true. I don't think we have seen this since FDR if I'm not wrong.

I should mention, I'm not a Republican and I agree it is coming from both sides, but when they back it they are fair game.

[edit on 6/28/2010 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I do not think they can pull this off. They already do not have the ability to protect even government computer systems from hackers, how are they going to put in an infrastructure to protect against theft from this?

By building 'Skynet', which they are full speed ahead in their attempts to do so. There is absolutely no debate or rebuttal against this hardcore fact whatsoever. I have a major massive piece I'm working on that will include every program, facet, and caveat (hopefully ready later this week) on this. But my body of work is riddled with it already.

See here and here to get started.

Also relevant at this juncture are a couple of newer developments:

Hewlet Packard ‘Smart dust’ aims to monitor everything.

DARPA & IBM building a “global brain” “cognitive computer” for “monitoring people” and the “world”.

NASA’s “Planetary Skin” ‘global nervous system’.
no video

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Closing the various backdoors and alternatives PRIOR to inviting you into the cage of healing and safety and security?
Nice, real nice !
Too bad none of this stuff happens to operate without electric.
Learn the land my friends it will be around for a long long time and doesnt require batteries.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The only way this can be effectively implemented is if the device PAIRED with the person a la bluetooth. That would require some sort of RFID style chip implanted in the person or the ability to use DNA.

How nice.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
A couple years ago I was doing some deep research into the CIA's venture capital firm, In-Q-Tel. I had gotten down into some specific techno gadgets involved in such a MESH grid... but oh dear the file with the copy-pastes is buried DEEP in the bowels of my massive archives.

Ok I lost the file when an important HD died on me in December. But I do remember how I go there.

I'm going to go thru the list of known In-Q-Tel funded companies, and post items that would have to do with where we are now at with this scenario.

Dust Networks

www.dustnetworks.com...

SmartMesh Managers and Motes together comprise the complete system of hardware, firmware and software required for wireless network operation, and each has robust APIs for quick development and extensive system configurability. The SmartMesh IA-500 family consists of two product lines:

SmartMesh IA-510 Industrial (I) is designed for critical monitoring and control applications. It serves a wide range of applications from renewable energy generation, such as solar and wind power, to factory machine health monitoring and building energy management.

The SmartMesh IA-510 WirelessHART® (H) is compliant to the international IEC 62591 (WirelessHART®) standard and enables industrial automation vendors to meet the rapidly growing demand for integrated WirelessHART solutions.

SmartMesh systems combine Dust Networks’ Intelligent Networking Platform and industry-leading IEEE 802.15.4 radio technology to enable our customers to deliver a wide range of innovative wireless sensing solutions and services to end users.

ArcSight
www.arcsight.com...

Organizations will spend nearly $4 Billion on Identity and Access Management (IAM) software this year to implement controls and enforce compliance. Too often, these projects fail to deliver expected results within the expected time. They fall short for two reasons:

* IAM technologies cannot provide a 360-degree view of user activity, because these systems are simply not connected to the majority of things a user touches during the workday. For example, IAM is not connected to file shares or USB ports and cannot report on which confidential files a user opened or saved. As a result of having only limited user activity data, IAM can only provide a limited report on user activity and controls.
ArcSight IdentityView is a specialized solution module, built on the ArcSight SIEM Platform, designed to enhance the value of IAM technologies. It combines the broad activity collection and correlation of SIEM with the user and role management of IAM. As a result, organizations realize the value of their IAM investment more quickly, get a complete picture of user activity, and can pass compliance audits with confidence.

ArcSight IdentityView includes:

* Pre-built connectors to leading IAM systems, to import users and roles easily
* Specialized reports for activity-based role modeling, access violations, and enterprise-wide separation-of-duties tracking
* “Unique ID” mapping to tie all of a user’s activity to a single identity
* Activity profiling to determine combinations of actions that raise a warning. For example, IdentityView can scan the activities of the last 50 terminated employees to see which actions might serve as early warnings about future at-risk employees
* Automatic watch-list creation and escalation of users to different severity levels
* Out-of-the-box rules for fraud detection, unauthorized actions, etc.

www.arcsight.com...

ArcSight Logger 4 collects information from any system that generates log data. It can process that information as much or as little as desired, and can produce ultra-fast searching across the data. As a result, organizations of any size can quickly detect cybercrime, automate compliance reporting and streamline IT operations.

www.arcsight.com...

As consumers become more comfortable with online financial services, the sheer number of transactions and amount of money handled via the internet has exploded. This has brought an equally large boom in online fraud. Today’s online banking customer faces financial risk from bots, viruses, hackers and phishers. In fact, growth in fraud may derail online financial services if widespread fraud can’t be stopped.

Gartner Group recently stated that 7.5 percent of all U.S. adults lost money to some form of financial fraud in 2008. Recent examples include:

* Bots executing “Man in the Browser” attacks to steal funds during fully-authenticated sessions
* Phishing attacks to capture authentication credentials
* Payment card number theft and illegal purchases online using stolen account numbers

ArcSight FraudView detects and prevents online fraud by evaluating and scoring financial transactions in real time. Unlike legacy fraud prevention technologies, ArcSight FraudView can correlate activity across multiple banking channels, to detect sophisticated fraud schemes that span online, ATM, telephone and bank branch activity.

ArcSight FraudView can also aggregate information from a variety of risk and fraud scoring products, to create a single, high-level risk score of any transaction, as it occurs. As a result, banks can better leverage their investments in legacy fraud detection technologies.

Gemalto

www.gemalto.com...

Gemalto Mobile Financial Services have been designed to integrate easily with the existing mobile network and banking infrastructure while opening up new business opportunities for mobile operators and financial institutions, and providing a foundation for new cost-effective services and revenue opportunities.

Banking on the move

Gemalto has created a complete financial services solution for mobile operators and financial institutions: The Mobile Financial Services offer provides secure access from a mobile phone for mobile banking, mobile payment and mobile money transfer services.
A wide range of services

* Mobile banking:

a solution for customers with existing bank accounts to get connected to their banks or financial institutions over the mobile network. It also gives customers without bank accounts access to financial services.
* Mobile payment services

Mobile payment enables the customer to pay for services any time anywhere, from either a bank account, a mobile wallet or a mobile top-up
* Mobile money transfer services

Transferring Money via International or national Remittance hubs enables the following services:

> Bank account or mWallet to mWallet or bank account
> Cash to Bank account or mWallet
> Bank account or mWallet to Cash

Banking solutions to suit everyone
The scope of our Mobile Financial Services solutions is only limited by your vision - alongside full mobile banking and mobile authentication, our payment solutions offer prepaid airtime purchase, prepaid electricity purchase, bill payment, and others.

www.gemalto.com...

Ezio Token Authentication Solution
is fully integrated with services such as token personalization, packaging, end-user mailing and fulfillment. Gemalto also provides an outsourced hosted service or onsite server for OTP authentication. Ezio token authentication is a complete end-to-end solution sized and designed to handle large two factor authentication customer deployments.

Components
# Ezio Strong Authentication Server is the core software platform, providing full authentication features to bank’s back-end system
# Ezio Time Token
# Ezio Display card
# Token packaging and fulfillment services – direct to the end-customers

www.gemalto.com...

Gemalto smart card devices together with our middleware or Microsoft’s PKI infrastructure are used for digital signatures. The document is signed by the author’s smart card device using a digital certificate that binds a public key with a secure identity credential. The signature is validated through a chain back to a trusted Certificate Authority server.

* Data formats: Microsoft Office, Adobe PDF, text, html, RTF and more
* Verification features: Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP) validation, time stamping

Network Chemistry

en.wikipedia.org...

Network Chemistry is a Wi-Fi security startup based in Redwood City, California. The firm was founded in 2002 by several co-founders including Rob Markovich and Dr. Christopher Waters and is backed by venture capital firms such as San Francisco-based Geneva Venture Partners, Innovacom and In-Q-Tel, the investment arm of the CIA.

The company sells products such as RFprotect Distributed, a wireless intrusion detection system ; RFprotect Endpoint, a laptop security product; and RFprotect Mobile, a portable tool for analyzing network security. The most recent product is RFprotect Scanner, a wired-side rogue access point detection and mitigation system utilizing patent-pending device fingerprinting technology.

Network Chemistry also created and continues to maintain the Wireless Vulnerabilities and Exploits [1] database, which is the result of a collaborative industry effort to catalog and define exploits and vulnerabilities specifically related to the use of wireless technologies in IT networks.

The wireless security business of Network Chemistry was sold to Aruba Networks (NASDAQ: ARUN) in July 2007.

www.arubanetworks.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The strategy document:
www.dhs.gov...

This recommendation targets not just the activities of the Federal Government, but also the activities of the Nation as a whole – including both public and private interests. The role of government is to address the safety and economic needs of its people. As a result, the White House determined that the Federal Government would take a leadership role in developing a strategy to combat these threats. The Federal Government has already done much in addressing trusted digital identities. For example, the Federal Government’s ongoing efforts to execute the Federal Identity, Credential, and Access Management (FICAM) Roadmap6 are representative of the progress made. This Strategy seeks to accelerate those activities and extend trusted digital identities beyond the Federal boundaries and into the national domain. Working in close collaboration with the private sector through eighteen critical infrastructure and key resource sectors and encompassing nearly seventy different stakeholder groups, an interagency writing team developed the National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cyberspace. This writing team developed the Strategy over approximately 12 months from October 2009 to October 2010.

The Federal Identity, Credential, and Access Management (FICAM) Roadmap

www.idmanagement.gov...

On August 27, 2004, President Bush signed Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 (HSPD-12), Policy for a Common Identification Standard for Federal Employees and Contractors, which directs the implementation of a new standardized identity badge designed to enhance security, reduce identity fraud, and protect personal privacy.
Federal PKI
The Federal Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) uses a security technique called Public Key Cryptography to authenticate users and data, protect the integrity of transmitted data, and ensure non-repudiation and confidentiality. Components of Federal PKI include the Federal Bridge Certification Authority and the Federal PKI Common Policy Framework.
Identity, Credential and Access Management (ICAM)
The goal is a consolidated approach for all government-wide identity, credential and access management activities to ensure alignment, clarity, and interoperability.

Surely that site has plenty of answers...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
In-Q-Tel

www.iqt.org...

IQT is focused on new and emerging commercial technologies that have the potential to give the CIA and broader U.S. Intelligence Community (IC) mission-advantage today and in the future. As a strategic partner for the IC we understand complex customer requirements, and we constantly survey the leading edge of the commercial marketplace in order to identify, adapt, and deliver technology solutions to our customers.

Capabilities of interest in this IQT Technology Practice Area include:

* Software applications for enterprise and consumers that automate and support analytics, knowledge management, and collaboration
* Infrastructure technologies for storage, computing platforms, networking and communication, and facilities
* Embedded sensing, computing, and communicating platforms and software
* Tools to exploit text-, multimedia-,and geospatial-based data in their native language and format
* Hardware and software-based solutions that enhance mobility

www.iqt.org...

Capabilities of interest in this IQT Technology Practice Area include:
* Identity management
* Access control
* Risk analysis capabilities
* System design and analysis tools
* Policy definition and management

Here's a longer list of those they fund:
www.iqt.org...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>