It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Age Of Oil Is Over

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
There are plenty of ways to cut back on oil.

Walk or pedal a bike.

If you drive, drive a Smart For Two.

Or use a Velosolex, XM-35, or other ultra-high-mileage motorized bike.

Some get 128mpg or more.

The answers are already out there, on the road.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

A very revealing video of the oil/dollar architecture, thanks

So we are so dependent on it that any attempt to reform, modify or reduce our relation to it only hurts us....what a dilemma!
So this is just business as usual and we should just move on....

Bring on the innovation, the magnetic motors, the artificial photosynthesis vehicles, the hydrogen and electric, Tesla's aether energy! Granted these things take oil to produce but it begins to minimize our dependance, no?

Peace

[edit on 27-6-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

Thank you for watching the video.. now you understand what I was trying to say. If what is in the video is true.. then nothing we can do short of abolishing this government and starting over can solve this problem for the American people. It's a catch 22. It's a trap.

How can we lesson our dependence on oil if it will hurt the U.S. Dollar without having something else of value to shore up or back the dollar up?

I think this should be investigated by others who know more than i do and can say if this is really the case or not cus if it is.. that's not good at all.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

The ultimate answer is for the dog to kill it's abusive owner owner.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Your right my friend the age of all is over

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This guy has known it for a long time as have many other people, and i think this deepwater thing is just the push we need as a civilisation toget off oil for good.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The age of oil will never be over until the last SUV is crushed and processed as recycle material. That isn't happening and americans are still buying them so...

OIL for at least 2 decades more

SORRY

unless you fight and most americans don;t want to fight, the troops are mostly poor people whom in a bad economy had little options. All that patriotism stuff die on the vine once you have a person firing RPG's on you!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeffrybinladen

unless you fight and most americans don;t want to fight, the troops are mostly poor people whom in a bad economy had little options. All that patriotism stuff die on the vine once you have a person firing RPG's on you!

If you are already as a dead man, death has no meaning to you, you will fight with the intensity of 10 or even 20 men. US citizens have more small arms than the military.

The war, if and when it arrives, will be hard street fighting.

They will not bomb out all their own infrastructure. Many areas will be desolated, but many will also remain as they attempt to conquer them with as little collateral damage as possible.

We have nothing to lose.

They already have our lives.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by depth om

If you are already as a dead man, death has no meaning to you, you will fight with the intensity of 10 or even 20 men. US citizens have more small arms than the military.

The war, if and when it arrives, will be hard street fighting.

They will not bomb out all their own infrastructure. Many areas will be desolated, but many will also remain as they attempt to conquer them with as little collateral damage as possible.

We have nothing to lose.

They already have our lives.

OK here is the issue though

The military has support aircraft and will bomb and airstrike your positions, any revolt will easily be crushed and cleaned up within days. Those captured will be held on terror charges....... Unless you want to play hit &run roadside bombs and terror acts, even so the military has night vision equipment and the same result... Plus from what I see everyday in America is many fat and overweight lazy people! How can these people fight??? I bet they never fire any weapon and the parents give them everything. I would not want a person such as this on the same side as me because i'll be dead just like them.

This is not 1776 against the redcoats

however i appreciate your desire and this is how things get started.

Goodluck

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jeffrybinladen

I would like to reiterate my opinion that they will not totally destroy all areas with bombs/missiles/gas. They will destroy many areas seeing as they won't be needed but they will not destroy the cities and universities.. which are in turn the best fortresses.

The key will be in fortifying and coalescing the peoples of small towns to defend themselves as best they can. To try to turn the civil war into 1000's of skirmishes instead of one or two onslaughts.

It has been done and it will be done. There are more patriots than machines in this matrix, and all it will take to unite them is fearlessness.

I can imagine the whole of the Marine Corp defending the people. I can imagine whole fleets of ships and huge contingents of armor defecting (maintaining) for the People.

I imagine singular men whose choices will prove our victory. Single men who, in their powerful positions will align themselves with TRUTH and not Lies and death.

One man can probably shut down/override many things.

Our G0vernment is full of patriot moles.

The Mega Death cult is going to be dissolved.

I point to our middle eastern escapades. Guerrilla warfare is the correct way to destroy a larger enemy. Seeing as the us citizens have more modern technology, better vehicles, supplies, weapons, tactics (1000's of veterans groups and "patriotic" enthusiasts) than the "terrorists", seeing as we have generals and admirals and 1000's of men who would defend their home instead of destroy it, I think it will be quite exhilarating when and if this occurs, for we will see the true power of a people awoken.

We have been in the mid east for over a decade not only for occupation but because also, you cannot destroy an idea. And a people united in idea.. are neigh unstoppable.

We must water the tree of liberty.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by depth om]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Plus from what I see everyday in America is many fat and overweight lazy people! How can these people fight??? I bet they never fire any weapon and the parents give them everything. I would not want a person such as this on the same side as me because i'll be dead just like them.

Goodluck

I take it you are not in the US. The world media always chooses photos of obese americans when doing any sort of piece. You would be wrong though to think that the majority of people are fat and lazy. I welcome this view the world has of our people. When a people is vastly underestimated, they more easily succeed.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Plus from what I see everyday in America is many fat and overweight lazy people! How can these people fight??? I bet they never fire any weapon and the parents give them everything. I would not want a person such as this on the same side as me because i'll be dead just like them.

Goodluck

I take it you are not in the US. The world media always chooses photos of obese americans when doing any sort of piece. You would be wrong though to think that the majority of people are fat and lazy. I welcome this view the world has of our people. When a people is vastly underestimated, they more easily succeed.

err actually I attend University in America and see this garbage all the time. Just today even on a visit to the supermart, lots of fat people man especially the women. Perhaps it's different in other parts of the USA with no winters where people can exercise. Around here you see very little of that just people driving cars, instead of walking. Dairy Queen was packed today (95F still though this a cool day in Kuwait) I would never associate with Dairy Queen because Warren Buffet has a stake in it and helped ruin the economy. I speak the truth only about 1/5 of the people around here are in fighting shape.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Goodluck

err actually I attend University in America and see this garbage all the time. Just today even on a visit to the supermart, lots of fat people man especially the women. Perhaps it's different in other parts of the USA with no winters where people can exercise. Around here you see very little of that just people driving cars, instead of walking. Dairy Queen was packed today (95F still though this a cool day in Kuwait) I would never associate with Dairy Queen because Warren Buffet has a stake in it and helped ruin the economy. I speak the truth only about 1/5 of the people around here are in fighting shape.

I see, I live on the florida east coast, and besides the people who come here during winter, 80% of people I see ages 18 - maybe 28 appear to be in good shape, weight wise.

Though when you get onto the mainland, that percentage dips lower. I guess I was being a bit optimistic. But seriously, hahah I keep seeing these foreign media stories and even when the story is about something like the oil leak, they used pictures of two obese women with signs! When you could see many others cropped out. Almost like, they want people to snicker and make fun of the stoopid fat lazy american pigs.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
sorry if i offended the PEOPLE whom are in shape the other fat pigs I care nothing for!

I have to be very careful what I say now (personal reasons) initiate something positive as you speak of and if you're not wiped out and can show a staying power perhaps...........______________ fill in the blanks.

You're completely correct though the only way to fight a superior force is guerrilla warfare and terror, we know all about terror in the ME as you americans also understand now...So it's nice too see young people in the USA understand it works very well.

also it helps when old politicians die off and young people take the positions.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join