It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 211
<< 208  209  210    212  213  214 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
As soon as I can I am going to post a couple of vids from early this morning that if I am right it is work on the BOP. I can't say it is for sure because it is not the best but you should be able to see the ROV's and the thing they are working on. If someone can bring it out better then please do. I will have them up as soon as I can so be patient.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Does anyone know what "compati" refers to? I think it stands for "compatibility", and has something to do with making sure the pressure rating is compatible with the stack rating....is that right?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Looking forward to it T!

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I can't open video feeds from my computer presently.....(long story).....

One of the things we feared from the beginning is that the BPO would start leaning and collapse.

From your reports it sounds like its leaning extremely to one side???

Can you give a % of how much its leaning from what you have seen? Use the perspective of 90% being that the BPO is sitting straight up from the sea floor.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Yikes I am terrible at math but I would say that it is leaning 20% does that sound right? I hope I haven't embarrassed myself LOL! Maybe someone else is a better judge of that than I am. They have it held up with cables and it looks like they will be moving soon but they better do it soon. From the perspective of the camera, it is listing to the left and earlier I really thought it would go over, but they attached what they called "tethers" (that's what it said on the screen) and literally pulled it to the right to straighten it out....but it is still swaying at times. The words on the screen just changed from "compati ops" to "BOP Inspection"....so I guess they are checking the pressure results.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
From BP's Website....of course it could be sooner or later depending on how things go.

Subsea operational update:

The MC252 well has been shut-in since July 15; there is currently no oil flowing into the Gulf. (KAT INSERTS A BIG LOL HERE)

Open water fishing operations from the MC252 BOP will continue today. The fishing operations will aim at removing drill pipe within the MC252 BOP.

The DDII continues to prepare its BOP for further use on the Macondo well after unlatching its BOP from the second relief well site.

The DDIII is on standby but maintaining full readiness to proceed when directed.

We anticipate the next update will be provided by around 10am CDT on August 23, 2010.

Updated August 22 at 10:00am CDT

[edit on 22-8-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Weird green stuff being sprayed on Ocean Intervention ROV 1. Not sure what the need is to spray it there either.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Enterprise one has "gone fishing"...literally
It is stirring around inside the well cap. Not sure how much space it can move in, but sure doesn't seem like a lot. How do they know if they got anything?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I'd like to know too since the 'fishing' feed no longer shows anything.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
If anyone wants to get sea sick, watch this. It's skandi neptune 1.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Thanks you guys for the updates!! I have missed so much,
not by choice & it's been driving me nuts not knowing
what's going on...I've been having trouble waking up
my computer for the last wk or so regardless if in sleep
mode or turning it off. So I am just now online for the 1st time since early yesterday... Cannot believe ALL the action I've been missing!
Early yesterday was so frustrating with the ROV's (yeah Kat I saw interview w/ a big wig asking why we aren't getting the feeds)...
Time & time again, it was refresh...cam up, get a quick
screen shot & goes to black...refresh grab a quick shot, black!
What extreme annoyance... I was able to catch some of the earlier eruption vids using Fraps & Windows media....however it doesn't allow me to color correct contrast, tint or anything...
Can't wait to see the new BOP pics!!!

Ektar

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I am wondering this: Woods Hole has a Deep Sea Submersible, manned. It goes way down deeper than the DeepWater well. Has this even been used to see what's going on in the GOM?

I am watching "Volcanoes of the Deep Sea" on SCi channel and its all about this submersable looking at deep sea volcanoes at the mid atlantic ridge.

Alvin was the first deep-sea submersible capable of carrying passengers, usually a pilot and two observers. Its first untethered dive measured 35 ft. Now, after numerous upgrades and reconstructions, Alvin can plunge to a maximum depth of 14,764 ft.

oceanexplorer.noaa.gov...

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The floor around ? keeps erupting...
now what ever instrument this is starts leaking &
now it's spewing!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0787413022ff.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5fd57c575e94.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fda249ed2180.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6f6771aeaa30.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f454531a824a.jpg[/atsimg]
Uh Oh..What's this a new filter?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8e2e42c5a233.jpg[/atsimg]
I hope I can get on tomorrow!!

Ektar

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by pynner

BOPsicle?...LOL......I did see it a few times like that. It has oil all over it....at one point Dragon posted a pic of it with a huge buildup of what looked like pure methane on it. Solid white!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
Enterprise one has "gone fishing"...literally
It is stirring around inside the well cap. Not sure how much space it can move in, but sure doesn't seem like a lot. How do they know if they got anything?

If they can get that drill, I'll be amazed! They have been trying to get it since Sunday off and on (they were at it all day yesterday)...if you go to BP's site, there is a link that says "watch enterprise fishing" or something like that. If you click on it, you can see what they are seeing inside the pipe. They have a camera on that stick so they can see the drill when they get to it.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Skid Mark

That thing has been swaying like that all day yesterday! I don't think it's all the camera...it's moving side to side.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

The cams have been excellent since the BP guy got put on the spot LOL! On realitycheck the sub c rov is showing crystal clear images of the BOP (at least yesterday, haven't been there yet this morning) ! missed you, glad you're back!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

I know!!! There is also one called "Jason" also....you would think they would try....that just makes me more suspicious...they must think for some reason it is too dangerous for humans to go down there.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Once again....great pics Ektar! I have no idea what that instrument is. What cam was it on? Was it Q4000 ROV2? Because I just checked out the cams, and on that cam (it's now black&white BTW) I think I see several big plumes coming from the floor. It's hard to see, but if that is the cam you got the pics from, there are some major leaks still going.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
After watching Q4000 rov 2 for a while, I am postive there are plumes of something erupting from the floor. It's black and white, so I can't see what it is, but I see at least two plumes, and they appear to be gushing.

new topics

top topics

<< 208  209  210    212  213  214 >>

join