It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA operative caught red handed?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by wtfhuh

I can never understand why people go into a thread simply to mock and bash others. We are not saying this man is CIA, not even the thread author is saying that. We are asking if this man could have some connection to the CIA. You say it is a two-bit operation, but how would that explain the good counterfeits? If it is simply a two-bit operation, where did this guy get the money for the equipment and guns?

I think this guy could indeed afford the electricity, but using a generator makes it easy for him to hide out (until someone smells the gas).

I seriously doubt he is CIA, but I do think he could be something like Russian mob, connected to CIA.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Nice work airspoon

When this story beginning of May broke I posted it as a breaking news article. Sophisticated Counterfeiting Operation Run Out of Apartment Facing Federal Reserve Building in Los Angeles
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There you can find pictures of the the CIA Seal, and more information.
Actually I will just go ahead and add the mosiac pic here:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/51747f3d5507.jpg[/atsimg]

Here are a few of the breaking news storys,
www.latimes.com...

cryptogon.com

And more as the story unfolded:
www.nbclosangeles.com...

The LAPD News Release;

www.lapdonline.org...

blogs.laweekly.com...

blogs.laweekly.com...

Here is the news when he was actually arrested....
laist.com...

blogdowntown.com...

Wow, what is up with all of the totally rude posters?
Dont be so quick to discredit the OP and you just never know.
And frankly, if he is CIA you will never read about it in the papers.

S&F!

[edit on 27-6-2010 by burntheships]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Great thread, certainly one to make you think, ATS is great, so many knowledgeable people, its amazing what you can learn here.

I thought he looked very familiar also, I've been racking my brains for an hour, I think I might have seen him at another conspiracy board, godlikeproductions, he used the picture of himself wearing the New York hat with his hands on his head.

There sure are some weird things in this case.

I doubt anyone would go to the trouble of creating a CIA mosiac to use in a photograph these days, you would have a better chance using photoshop. Also the article said it was on the attic floor, you would have to get some distance away to take a photo and much harder to do it with something embedded in the floor, if this was the case, he would have made it on a wooden board and taken the photo straight on. Mosaics are seriously labour intensive to create (and it seems he is quite fond of making these as his former landlord attested too), I'm guessing this is most likely a hobby, wouldn't surprise me if he suffered from 'obsessive compulsive' disorder, and this is one obvious way it is manifesting, or potentially a sleep disorder.

He also must be getting the tiles from somewhere, or he is cutting them himself, would be one to look into as their could be an unusual connection with his supplier. I doubt there are many tiling companies in LA. Someone will know him and fairly well I suspect.

From what I've heard people that take the meth stuff go down hill rather fast, so more likely a supplier than a addict.

Someone in the thread said that everyone they knew had a pair of binoculars who lived in a high rise building, that strikes me as very strange. The only people I know who have those kind of bino's would be ornithologists! (shut the curtains you high risers!)

He sure didn't leave anything out...spying, drug manufacturing, printing money, arms dealing and ....mosaic maker..lol

Seriously freaking bizarre!

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I feel the wording used in the majority of the news surrounding Brian Alexik is misleading, and could mean a wide range of information. For instance "high powered binoculars" could be a range of binoculars from a $50 20x50 all the way up to $15,000 long range/astronomical binocular and anywhere in between. This lack of actual information such as a model # for binoculars leads to speculation, and there is entirely too much that isn't known to draw a substantial conclusion. For all we know the pictures with celebrities could be forged as well, I mean he was into counterfeiting and these photo's surely haven't been authenticated. Small things like whether 'Bono' was wearing sunglasses in the photo (rarely ever seen without sunglasses do to "sensitive" eye's) or not could prove substantial into the investigation.

About the speculation of CIA involvement:
The CIA emblem does not connect him with the CIA. If I had a giant mosaic of the Nike symbol on my wall that wouldn't mean I work for Nike. I agree that it is very odd, but I am sure there is a LOT stranger stuff going down around "Hollyweird". In my personal opinion I feel that the pathological liar scenario plays out quite well, and coupled with forged pictures of celebrities he could easily be attempting to fool acquaintances (most likely female) of his 'status' in life. I think that the emblem is nothing more than brand association, and if I walked into his apartment and seen this I would more than likely associate him with the CIA too. That is what it is there for in my opinion.

That the CIA emblem was used to create false identification would prove unlikely considering the fact that it was a tile mosaic resembling something like: www.complementsgallery.com... . Possibly of better quality than the picture, but not the quality used in identification forgery.

While I don't deny that he could be connected to the CIA in some obscure way, I do deny that a direct asset for the CIA would screw up so bad.

If he knew anything of importance regarding 'TPTB' he would have been dead already, guaranteed.

In regards to the computer: this "encryption" is just like the "high powered binoculars" and it could mean any number of different things. It could be a simple BIOS password, all the way up to military grade encryption. There is always a way to retrieve data from a hard drive, I have seen data retrieved from a hard drive that had holes drilled into them... If they want the data they can easily get the data, and having an encrypted hard drive is not uncommon at all.

Great thread, awesome read thanks OP!

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Okay, here's the thing, fake IDs and manufacturing methamphetamines go hand in hand. Why? Because you are limited in how much pseudo-ephedrine that you can buy a month. For instance, you can only buy a couple boxes of the cold medicine a month. Pseudo-ephedrine is what the drug is made out of and depending on how much of the cold-medicine you use, it's going to depend on your methamphetamine yield. Almost all meth-cooks dabble in fake IDs, since the authorities have started to restrict the purchases of pseudo-ephedrine.

So, my guess is that the IDs were being used to purchase cold medicine for the purposes of manufacturing meth. Of course it could have just started that way.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Do you guys think he could've been undergoing some sort of meth psychosis? That could explain his extreme attention to details, like with the CIA seal, perhaps.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I guess that will come out in the end, but by the sounds of it, they still are not totally sure Who he even is!

Even so, I kinda feel better that he is locked up!

Has anyone seen that other photo that comes up, the one of (it looks like him) wearing a mask which says 'stop killing journalists'?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Given their ready status and how that represents their intrusion level within the Middle East indicates why they so dearly and often request the services of .....us.

Lets see your puppet request several more 6 figure digits given that your success rate is under review.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This guy sends out a lot of different signals. I'm thinking mob (pick your mob) or maybe mob infiltrator.

He's not CIA though. The CIA does the tiles all differently. They put the seal on the back side of the tiles. The side that shows is just a checkerboard pattern or something.

Maybe he's a rock roadie. The bandana reminds me of Sammy Hagar.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
This nutter probably has an ATS account and SOMEONE should check on that!!!!

One, if it was a GAS smell the cops did probably jump on it thinking Meth-lab.

TWO, The LA police blame everything on the CIA. If the guy was CIA then he would have told them so, showed his ID and made them keep their mouths shut.

This guy more than likely is one a poorly trained RUSSIAN spy or two a nutter who got a job at a cool place and has learned some tricks via people he works with, former Israeli agents. Its OBVIOUS from the murals he is obsessed with the CIA, thinks Hugo is great and that would lead him RIGHT HERE.

I think this guy is a nutter who someone is playing like a fiddle, Russia would be a strong suspect since he was spying on the FED. This could have also been a threat to someone at the FED to keep their yap shut or be taken out.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Although this guy changed his identity and had elements that portray him as an operative, I doubt he is - why would the police mention this in a report to the media?

I think he was obsessive, maybe a con man - there have been similar accounts in the UK

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by mbkennel

It seems that everytime there is a thread about a CIA agent or rogue agent, someone makes a post about how all CIA agents are nerds who sit behind computers. I am quite sure lots of them are, but there are indeed field agents, including assassins, provacateurs, etc.

And they look and act like the nerds. It's not like movies either. Assassinations today are very few, except perhaps from a guy with a joystick and button taking orders from a guy with a hat. Budget, bureaucracy, programs, protocol and security are all very important. The principal job of overseas personnel is to develop technical and human intelligence sources. (An "agent" in CIA terminology is somebody who is a source of intelligence data and is not a U.S. government employee). The purpose of the CIA is gathering and interpreting information. The most common weapon wielded is money, and secondarily a phone. Most of the ones with guns are contractors.

'Assassinations' are what USMC scout snipers do for a living.

Not saying this guy is one, but it can't be ruled out yet.

Yes it can.

People who actually work for CIA or other parts of the US Intelligence Community (there are numerous such agencies) rarely say so.
In some professional circumstances they may give out business cards which say "U.S. Government" and an email/phone number. Other times in casual social conversation they say they "work for a think tank in Virginia". (There are zillions of think tanks and "think tanks" in D.C.).

I am not writing in speculation.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by mbkennel]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

I don't believe it can be ruled out. There have been CIA guys who have done unbelievably stupid things. Read up on the various plans to kill Castro. The CIA really can be that dumb. Whether this guy is an agent, asset, contractor, whatever the hell word you want to use, it is possible, possible, that he is connected the agency. None of us will ever know either way however.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by rufusthestuntbum

Although this guy changed his identity and had elements that portray him as an operative, I doubt he is - why would the police mention this in a report to the media?

I think he was obsessive, maybe a con man - there have been similar accounts in the UK

Just because someone is CIA, doesn't mean they are going to get away from any trouble with the police. For one thing, the CIA is not supposed to be operating within our borders. For another thing, if he was doing something illegally for the agency, then he is still breaking the law and the police should still arrest. So, because of this, if someone was caught red-handed, the CIA would most likely try to disown him, especially if he is just an asset. For these reasons, you can't really argue that he isn't CIA because of the police reaction.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The CIA Seal sounds suspicious and doesn't point, necessarily to CIA involvement.

While it sounds that he didn't expect to get caught...noone keeps affiliation with them in times of operation.

Sounds like he may be in the business...but CIA affiliations are loose and probably more interesting if they are real (the affiliations, that is)...

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
We have to remember...

There are crazy rich people too!

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Maybe he was getting ready to rob the bank and the CIA logo was to take a picture of him next to for an identification badge to get him access inside?

What a strange story. I'm thinking that if he was really a CIA operative, the police record and the story would have been disappeared. They're not this sloppy and are very good at making stories like this go away if it involves them.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

Yeah, if he were real, we wouldn't be hearing about this, and he wouldn't have been arrested... He also wouldn't need to build a machine shop and be fabricating things, as the CIA obviously already has those kinds of resources for him. Why would a real spook have a giant CIA logo? Seems like that would be pointless and a huge risk to his cover. He's probably impersonating a CIA operative, and is possibly a foreign intelligence operative.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by TurboDC4]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon

Originally posted by rufusthestuntbum

Just because someone is CIA, doesn't mean they are going to get away from any trouble with the police. For one thing, the CIA is not supposed to be operating within our borders. For another thing, if he was doing something illegally for the agency, then he is still breaking the law and the police should still arrest. So, because of this, if someone was caught red-handed, the CIA would most likely try to disown him, especially if he is just an asset. For these reasons, you can't really argue that he isn't CIA because of the police reaction.

--airspoon

While I agree that's how things should be, I don't believe that's how things really are. The CIA has always been doing things they are "not supposed to be" doing, and have gotten away with it, even some things that were kind of horrible. So, if he were just a lowly grunt, they may be willing to throw him to the wolves, but I still just can't see them allowing potentially sensitive information to fall into the hands of the police.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by TurboDC4]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TurboDC4

Foreign intelligence he could be, but which country, and why the Fed?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
A very interesting story.

To me, the CIA tiling on the floor, and hiding out at his girls apartment are what makes me disbelieve that he is any kind of agent, that just seems too stupid.

A lot of the guys in the weapons forum here at ATS could make the gun parts.

Encrypting a computer is not a big deal at all, as mentioned. Last time I installed Linux it even offered to do it for me.

Printing fake ID's and other documents is not really too hard.

The hardest part to me sounds the good quality fake money, but I imagine even that is not really so hard, up to a point, enough to fool most store clerks, and your average cop at first glance.

The binoculars pointed at the fed? Lots of people are nosy, but perhaps they'd been pointed at some hot ladies window, and had just drifted on the tripod/stand.

Making meth is not too hard either.

I think this guy is just a fairly smart 'sociopathic' criminal. None of this stuff sounds out of bounds of reason for a smart guy, it just seems more impressive as he had his fingers in a lot of pies.

I doubt he's even high up in the criminal chain really, just a pretty smart, educated street guy.

[edit on 27/6/2010 by harpsounds]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join