It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA operative caught red handed?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Some time ago, Los Angeles police were called to an address for a possible gas leak, someone smelled gas fumes. It's a fairly routine kind of call. When the police arrived on scene, they too smelled the gas and decided to enter the lush penthouse from which the smell was emanating. What they found inside was alarming. Apparently, the guy, Brian Alexik had just escaped down the fire escape as the police were entering his $4,000/month condo. You can read the article here.

Inside, police found weapons, machinery, surveillance equipment and equipment to produce fake IDs and passports along with low denomination bills. They also found a large five foot mosaic depicting the seal of the CIA, to which investigators were very "impressed with the quality of the tile work". At first, the police thought that the guy had an obsession with the CIA but then they became very confused as the evidence in the room lead them to believe otherwise.

The CIA mosaic, depicting the white, starred shield with an eagle's head on a blue background, measured about 5 feet across and investigators were impressed with the quality of the tile work. They initially thought Alexik was obsessed with the spy agency.

"But there was no other evidence in there linking the CIA or his infatuation with the CIA," Severino said. "I don't know why he would do that."

They found that one whole bedroom was converted into a machine shop, where Alexik was fabricating parts to assault weapons. They also found a pair of high-powered binoculars on a tripod, trained on the Federal Reserve through the back window of the apartment.

One bedroom had been converted into a makeshift machine shop, with tools scattered around. It appeared Alexik had been manufacturing the parts of assault rifles that ammunition magazines are slotted into, said Detective Mark Severino from the Los Angeles Police Department's major crimes unit...

A pair of binoculars was found by a tripod at the back window overlooking the Federal Reserve, but police don't know what Alexik had been watching....

The story gets even stranger, as they found pictures of this guy with high-profile types, such as the U2 frontman Bono. Investigators are saying that he moves around in high-profile social circles.

Police said Alexik appeared to move comfortably in social circles and most of his friends were in the cosmetics and clothing industries. Investigators found designer clothes and European shoes in his apartment, along with a photo of Alexik mugging next to U2 frontman Bono.

"He could easily fool a lot of people, he could be very charming and carries himself very well," Severino said. "There was something about him that attracted these people to him."

The guy was eventually caught, after a three week manhunt but police are still confused about who he is or what he was doing. Apparently the guy has come up under several different aliases and at one point, he was arrested for selling drugs.

Investigators are saying the man is not cooperating and they still don't know who he is. They are hoping that the hard drives on his computer will reveal more, however they gave those hard drives to the Secret Service to decrypt and analyze so if he is an operative of the government, his secrets will stay safe.

This man had surveillance equipment trained on the Federal Reserve and he had a make-shift machine shop in his upscale apartment for the purposes of manufacturing weapons among other things. He was also making fake passports and low denominations currency bills. He is known to schmooze around in high-profile social circles and investigators have found a large intricately done CIA mosaic in his apartment. He has been arrested on drug charges and is known to frequently change identities. If this guy doesn't smack of CIA operative, then I don't know what does.

If he is a CIA operative, what on earth was he doing spying on the Federal Reserve? Could this have been a plan for a false flag attack... on the Federal Reserve? Could it have been for other purposes or could it have been a plan for a genuine terrorist attack? All these questions are stumping everyone, including the Los Angeles Police Dept. Apparently, his computer hard drives were encrypted to a degree that the local police couldn't extract any information. Whatever this was, I think it could be very bad news for the American public. I suggest everyone read the article.

--airspoon

[edit on 27-6-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
this is better than any movie script! Sad thing is we will never know who he really is, or what he was doing. unfortunately all of his files will be lost, as will all the evidence. untraceable.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
To me it sounds like this guy was machining lower receivers for assault rifles which is where the serial numbers usually are. It is also the only part of an ar-15 that you need an FFL to obtain.

Maybe the rifles were to be used in a false flag attack that way they couldn't be traced back to the original buyer/ owner.

With an apartment that cost $4000 per month, machining equipment & surveillence equipment this guy had some serious funding.

I don't think that a highly trained CIA operative would be dumb enough to have that type of setup in a condo. Why didn't he rent a place with a garage? Weirder stuff has happened.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Maybe he was getting ready to rob the bank and the CIA logo was to take a picture of him next to for an identification badge to get him access inside?

What a strange story. I'm thinking that if he was really a CIA operative, the police record and the story would have been disappeared. They're not this sloppy and are very good at making stories like this go away if it involves them.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Wow... well. This is unlike most news you hear every day...

I agree this is definitely fishy, why focused on the Fed. Reserve building if he was CIA, and why have a 5' mosaic? (kinda blows cover) Unless he was posing as a CIA agent, but police couldn't even acquire his hard drive... and he pleaded not guilty to everything that was found in HIS condo. IDK.

The story seems odd, the quoats seem vague, stuff isn't really adding up here, will definitely be watching this one.

Wonder if this will hit MSM? If it doesn't, than I'm more so interested.

Nice find OP

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
What an interesting story. Thanks for sharing.

We won't hear anymore about this, unless it is a lie.

One thing that bothers me is this:

"He got caught," Detective Dan Logan said. "When I interviewed him, he didn't knock me out, take my gun and take my recorder like in the movies. He's not as smart or resourceful as the Jason Bourne character."

Why the trash talking? That is so unprofessional.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Here some info from America's most wanted

Currently, the 33-year-old of Russian descent is at the center of an investigation that involves methamphetamines, arms trading and counterfeiting.

It was the smell of chemical fumes that alerted the residents at the Reserve Lofts on Olympic Boulevard in downtown Los Angeles on April 19, 2010. When the fire department arrived and tried to enter, Alexik told them that the only way they were getting in was with a search warrant.

When SWAT raided Koller's place, they found pieces of an AK-47 assault rifle. Koller was charged with methamphetamine possession. As investigators began interviewing Alexki's other acquaintances, they soon realized that their mystery man was tied to the crystal meth trade.

www.amw.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

I don't think that a highly trained CIA operative would be dumb enough to have that type of setup in a condo. Why didn't he rent a place with a garage? Weirder stuff has happened.

It appears that the apartment was rented for the purposes of spying on the Federal Reserve. Another thing, is that when you have such secrets, there are that many people who know so renting several places to do all of your work seems a little daunting and unnecessary. This guy was most likely a self-sufficient operative, doing his thing.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Of course I could be wrong, but he sounds like a "wanna-be" to me. He sounds like he came up with the money to buy all the right toys but lacked the training to use them.
Like the one guy in the article said, he got caught. Also I can't see a spook having a CIA seal in his apartment. Add to that earlier petty crimes convictions, losing his electricity and and getting ready to lose his swank apartment, just sounds like a nut job. It would take an idiot to hide at his girlfriend's house, thats one of the first places we look. Just sounds flakey to me, but again, I could be wrong.
seeashrink

[edit on 26-6-2010 by seeashrink]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

Sure, he could be a wanna-be but apparently even the cops don't think so. As far as getting caught, he was caught on an accident. It happens. Also, the guy is apparently good in high-profile social circles with good skills at blending in, not to mention changing identities.

As far as the petty crimes go, the two crimes mentioned are something that I could definately see a CIA asset as having. Drug dealing and theft. You don't have to be an official "employee" of the CIA to be their operative or asset.

Also, CIA operatives are just men too. They aren't super-men or anything like that. CIA operatives make mistakes too.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Secret agent!?

Sure sounds like it!

Why was he modifying weapons, had a super encrypted computer, a seal in his condo, and producing fake passports?

He sure as hell sounds like a CIA handler/infiltrator. If he isn't, then he had WAY too much time on his hands, and saw WAY too many CIA flicks.

This guy does sound like a legit spy... high powered binoculars, and a weapons depot along with the super encrypted computer pretty much POINTS in that direction.

I want to hear updates on this!

[edit on 6/26/2010 by ugie1028]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
the guy sounds like a nutter to me. pathalogical liars will go to extrodinary lengths to seem convincing. they will lie with a straight face to anybody. they will lie to such a degree that they start living out their own lies or believing them themselves.

So him being able like a cameleone to change and fit in with any crowd makes sense if he was a superb fraud. Good liars can trick just about anybody if they are driven enough to. so him being able to hang out with bono. fashionistas, the euro crowd along with seeming red white and blue CIA persona makes sense.

The mods done to the gun were absolutely about modifying the lower reciever. he wanted to make his AR`s and saigas bought at the local gun outlet (wherever he got them from) hold more than 10 rounds. or to make it so that you can simple drop out the old magazine and pop in a new one for rapid reloading. Which you can`t do with guns bought in cali. actually a common mod done by those who don`t care what the cali gun laws say and don`t go to local ranges but shoot in the forests or whatever.

The computer encryption. big deal. that means squat. I can go to best buy and get a simple encryption software package that would likely stump the LAPD. so that means nothing that they couldn`t figure out how to bypass his encryption software.

Alarming he was watching the federal reserve. although i thought for a second I read federal building. which would have been bad sine I live 1000 feet from the one on wilshire. but federal and federal reserve are two seperate things. and I don`t live near the federal reserve building. was about to go look for the condo just for pure rubber necking purposes if it was the actual federal building on wilshire. but it`s not.

As to his funding. who knows. people can make all sorts of money and fund themselves. being russian with a lot of money doesn`t mean you are being backed by the CIA or some shady govt. agenc. it either means you worked really hard for your cash or (the alternative) are shady about how you make your cash, or simpley are buddies with the ubiquitus in LA russian mob. which he probably did make friends with a few of along the way. just saw a 18 year old kid with russian decals all over his 500,000 dollar mercedes SLR sitting in traffic on ventura blvd the other day. russian oil barrons trust fund brat or involved in the russian mob. you tell me. those that know would probabl err on the mob side of the speculation.

either way I`m glad this sociopath is off the streets.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

You don't need to modify an AR to make it hold more than 10 rounds, you simply need to order a larger mag from ony number of websites on the internet for about $20. If he is jet-setting around the world, I'm sure he wouldn't confine his magazine purchases to California gun shops. Also, you don't need machining equipment to modify the mag-release either. However, you would need a machine shop to create certain parts like bolts, barrels and lower recievers.

Sure, he could be a wanna-be but he could also be an operative, the do exist you know. If I could picture an operative being caught, this is pretty much how I'd picture it.

--airspoon

[edit on 26-6-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
What a facinating story and event. These are the topics I love

I see no reason - yet - to think he is anything but an operative. Many operatives are not even known within the CIA. Best way to keep them secret is to not claim them.

The CIA seal is odd though. Makes no sense. Im curious as to owns the penthouse. Nothing is mentioned. He rents it. But whomever owns it chose to put that seal there. Im going to be following this. (sorry this is short, on the air live right now
) Will add more thoughts as they come.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I dunno, if I was in Venezuela trying to pop Chavez in the gourd, I don't think I'd have an apartment full of old unit memorabilia and walk around with a De Oppresso Liber t-shirt at his political rallies.

There's something super fishy about having some mongo CIA seal at the house. Most of those guys won't admit to the time of day.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Im sure he will disapear within the prison system if he gets there.

If he is an operative - a good way to hide his cover is to appear as a low level criminal in case he gets busted. Not all agencies talk to each other. So even if one agency busts him - they probably do not know about him if he works for another agency. Also, these operatives travel under assumed names, etc. (obviously) Someome has to make the fake passports, unregistered weapons, fake money to buy off contacts, etc.

(just some more thoughts)

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
basically, it would have been a terrorist attack, and the government could have allowed it to happen in order to profit off of it. But, for whatever reason, through skill or luck, he was caught. Either way this is one attack that was prevented, so that is a good thing. If he was a patsy they need to find this information, and failing to do so would suggest it was a planned false flag.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I agree, he is going to slip away, probably out of the news too. That is if he is an operative. The government will most likely spring him and the American media will cease all reports on him. It happened with the dancing Israelis who turned out to be Mossad.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
this is great. lots of interesting points and things to think about. lol i still think he was planning to rob the fed.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I agree with you regarding the machining of lower recievers. I just feel that they are probably exagerating the machine shop thing, and simply saw a bunch of gun parts on the ground. and some mods being done to them. saying it wasn`t a machine shop, just that the LAPD often don`t know squat about what they are looking at and over exagerated a bit.

Yeah I know people who get 25 round mags over the internet. some companies will ship to cali. a lot don`t. jet setting doesn`t mean you are a cia operative. could be a gangster or mobster, which would be much more likely.

why would a undecover operative ever, ever want to have anything that would tie him back to his organization. like a 5 foot plaque of the CIA seal. for all we know he could have been an impersonator of them, a nutter.

Although it`s good news if the CIA is finally investigating the activities of the federal reserve.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by BASSPLYR]

<<   2  3  4 >>

join