It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G-20 Protests Turn Violent! Cars ABLAZE

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
So this is yet another protest turned violent... I wonder who threw the first stone!

Anti-Group of 20 protests smashed windows of a police car and set it ablaze after thousands of demonstrators began a march through central Toronto in the biggest rally yet amid a meeting of global leaders.

The police car was burning at the corner of Bay and Wellington streets. Protesters also threw rocks at windows at First Canadian Place, headquarters of Bank of Montreal, while others spray painted slogans including “Bomb the banks” on the building.

www.businessweek.com...

Just another day in paradise, right?

Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper could have invested the C$1 billion spent for security on water-treatment plants for aboriginal communities, said Sid Ryan, president of the Ontario Federation of Labor.

“Instead we’re faced with water cannons,” Ryan said before the march began. “Our city is under siege.”

[edit on 6/26/2010 by bestideayet]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Glad that the $1 billion they spent on security was money well spent [end sarcasm].

$1 billion on security and they can't stop protestors from trashing downtown?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Makes perfect sense. Instead of the aboriginal people of Canada getting much-needed water, they spend $965,624,000.00 on "preventing violence". Using water hoses no less!

I hate being all DOOM & GLOOM, but I'll be waiting for some laws to be passed prohibiting ANY protest when leaders of the world meet.

JUST WATCH....

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
i am watching the news, and as of right now two maybe three police cars have been set ablaze.

shop windows smashed, police beating protesters and leaving some bloody.

i have a feeling things will escalate into the night and continue on through tomorrow.

this is in the core of downtown Toronto, arguably one of Canada's biggest cities.

g20 dinner or meetings start at 6:30, things shall get more intense later on today.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Here's some related vids...

G20 Turns Violent

Toronto In G8-G20 Protest Mode

Fortress Toronto

Peace

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Love it! Great to see Toronto pulling a Montreal and telling these dirtbags that they can take their billion in security and shove it!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Ever notice a pattern to this?

G20 throws party- money spent on lavish- they spend HOW long talking about the 'economy'...

A couple/ few people are arrested beforehand with bombs, guns, plans, rabid weasels, ect

The protests start

The protests always turn ugly

ALWAYS, the protesters never 'make it into the castle'. Ever. Always destruction of the local businesses around the Royalty Party, NEVER the actual target (much like those Bugs Bunny Cartoons where explosives go off, and Bugs is left on this little patch of land with total destruction all around)

Media buzzes like angry hornets, while the G20 makes like it's France circa the 1700s.

Everyone packs up, goes home, languishes in jail, and cleans up the destruction

Wash, rinse, repeat, repeat, repeat.

I am starting to think they do this on a regular basis to cause problems- picking a new place to go every time so they can 'ruin' a city, then move on. Like locusts.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Why don't the g20 countries just buy an island, and use that for there meetings.

Why do they not just use a isolated island, and then no protesters can go there, and security would be cheap as feck.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I've been thinking the same thing. Unfortunately it seems the Elites like to spend their fun time oppressing the local citizens

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

So you think that the protesting movements are controlled by the 'security people'? I guess that would make sense -- they certainly have a vested interest in infiltrating them, and if they advocate themselves up to being the prime motivators, they can control and account for the extent of the reaction.

Sort of like, if you control one side, you always have enemies; if you control both sides, your only dangerous enemy is yourself.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I usually suggest Bouvet Island for just this purpose, the most remote island... We could just forget to send a ship to pick them up, not answer the telephone etc.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I wish I had the money. I'd go to one of these loaded for bear (surveillance wise). I seem to have an uncanny ability (when it works) to see crap people usually miss. I'd love to record as much as possible, as stealthy as possible, and just post what I get EVERYWHERE, so everyone see what goes on.

Also try to see if what I record matches up to 'official' reports.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I found this link, it tweets LIVE coverage from the actual G20 Riots. Anytime someone take a picture, it uploads here AS IT HAPPENS.

Pretty disheartening...

search.twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

What seems to be happening is that anarchists are the ones that are starting everything. They go to the G20 like they are going to a grateful dead show or burning man. Many want to be peaceful and protest, but many others use this as an opportunity to riot. Well, riots aren't a good thing, (I know some of you just want to watch the world burn.) and so the police have been ordered to beef up security for these meetings.

Those that just want to watch the world burn, and just want to destroy, well, to me, these people are the ones that need to be protested against, these people that would burn cars, and smash windows, and riot. These aren't doing anyone any good at all, all they are doing is causing THEM to react. They will react with more security, more violence, and more tear gas.

Why? Because they have innocent people to protect, not the people attending the G20 but the other people these rioters decide to turn their angst on.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I agree with whatukno, the purpose of the protest is supposed to be peaceful and have some meaning, the Black Box Tactics that are used by the anarchists (thugs in my book) have completed overrided their whole purpose and the proper message doesn't get to the masses, sadly only the destruction and violence does. I think personally the police did a pretty good job of handling the situation all considering. I live in Mississauga about a 20 minute drive from TO, what does protesting have to do with smashing small business owners properties and throwing rocks and bricks, one lady was pushed down in front of starbucks and is in serious condition, this was NOT done by the police.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This quote from fight club comes to mind

You're running around in ski masks
trying to blow things up?

What did you think was gonna happen?!

I'm all for peaceful protest, but this is ridiculous. Even more maddening is the status updates on facebook from someone I know who is there, complaining about corporations while she posts to facebook on a flipping IPHONE!!!!! That would be the same phone she calls her millionaire father on to ask for money. I wonder what her new found protest friends would think of her if they knew the family she comes from.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bestideayet

cool....takes about 10 million for sufficient security so someone made a net profit of 900,000,000.00 +

I sure would like to get in on those business deals. I have 2 teeth that need fixing that cost 1500.00 so i could eat without pain.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Go to 3-20 and see 3 cops dressed as demonstrators get whats comin to them..........

sorry its 2007... but if they did it 2007?, you can bet your fanny they will do it in 2010

[edit on 27-6-2010 by DCDAVECLARKE]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I support the island.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by AndrewJay]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
A buddy of mine is up in Toronto @ G20. I wasn't aware of what G20 even was before they touched down in his city of Pittsburgh. Here are about 500 photos he posted from there, including police cars ablaze, live, unedited, unbiased footage: www.flickr.com...

He also directed me to check out: www.blogto.com... At least 10 videos and countless pictures. This site is not his, i dont know if it's someone he met there or what yet, not much communication, he's mad twittering and taking pictures. For anyone interested in this, this is one of the best 2 documentations ive seen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join