It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare Hole In the Moon Photographed

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

On Earth there are many places with very large seemingly bottomless holes. There are many places with very large and expansive underground hollowed out domes and caves, passage ways.

Recently saw a book on the Daily Show called Blind Descent where an expedition charted what is known to be the deepest places on earth that are accessible by land, some up to around 7,000 feet deep. They have some interesting theories about what is down there such as super-viruses but didn't find any evidence of a hollow earth

*Edited for spelling*

[edit on 29-6-2010 by wl653]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeminiSky

The Moon is hollow just as The Earth is hollow.

On Earth there are many places with very large seemingly bottomless holes. There are many places with very large and expansive underground hollowed out domes and caves, passage ways.

For the hollow Moon theory to be true, that does not mean the entire moon is all 100% hollow.

Just like the earth, the Moon can have huge hollow areas close to the surface. These can be hollow enough to support claims of deep underground bases - just like man has made on earth.

Anything you can propose a hollow moon theory for, can be done with hollow areas such as these. Therefore Yes, the Moon can be hollow.

I agree with that viewpoint.

So one may surmise that these moon holes may lead to larger subterranian caverns perhaps? Now that would be pretty cool.

I don't see any reason why they cannot lead to other larger areas. We are still finding these types of places on earth.

On earth we do find ruins of ancient civilizations in these places. Who is to say The Moon never supported life and had some type of peoples living under it's crust?

I think there is still too much we don't know about the Moon and our best pictures are not as close or high resolution enough to really see what everyone wants to know.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by wl653

Recently saw a book on the Daily Show called Blind Descent where an expedition charted what is known to be the deepest places on earth that are accessible by land, some up to around 7,000 feet deep. They have some interesting theories about what is down there such as super-viruses but didn't find any evidence of a hollow earth

*Edited for spelling*

[edit on 29-6-2010 by wl653]

Your missing my point. The Earth is not hallow in the sense that it is all 100% hollow. It is hallow in the sense that it has vast hollowed out areas.

I do not believe the earth is completely hollow like the hollow earth theory.. I am speaking of something totally different.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

To suggest alterior motives is to explore the possibilities and expound upond the fact that people have come forward claiming to see proof of the airbrushing first-hand (and this does apply to the thread).

This includes the infamous NASA hacker, Gary Mckinnon, who had absolutely nothing to gain by coming forward. But he came public and explained everything that happened. According to him, hacking into NASA and DOD computers was easy (If you could even call what he did "Hacking"). He sais he even had proof of NASA airbrushing just before his computers were confiscated. He claims to have seen proof of a government UFO coverup.. Among that proof being deliberate airbrushing of images before being released to the public. And, like I said, he actually had alot to lose by coming public with this information. The last I heard the guy was gonna be extradited back to the U.S. this year to face the possibility of the rest of his life in prison.

If i get this right, you are basically admitting that NASA airbrushes/edits certain images for PR-value (which isn't even speculation these days because we know its gone on since the apollo missions). Then you are attacking the OP for making a statement about it when it seems to me he's just stating his opinion.

All I'm saying is that there is certainly enough information to be suspicous about it. Any "airbrushing"/image editing these days could be accomplished much easier than in the apollo days and perhaps even to the point that we'd never be able to tell. And you are saying we shouldn't speculate and ask why they might be doing this when they would certainly have alot to hide if the UFO phenomenon is real and as widespread as many believe. If you tie it in with everything else NASA has lied about and/or not been forthcoming about since the dawn of manned space flight it would make sense.

It is well documented that UFO encounters have been occurring since the very first humans ventured into space. Some astronauts/cosmonauts are just more forthcoming about it than others for a variety of reasons. Alot of these encounters have, and will probably remain, complete mysteries. We certainly know that NASA loves to avoid the topic wherever and whenever possible. If you've ever seen UFO's brought up at a NASA press conference you'd know what I mean. And, yes, some bizarre video evidence does exist of these encounters.

-ChriS

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by PsykoOps

GeminiSky won't produce evidence for his claims for the simple fact that he can't! It doesn't exist! All he can do is point to some nutters on the web making said claims. Apparently if enough conspiracy theorists say the same thing, it eventually makes it true!

IRM :shk:

Now then Now then IRM stop with the wooden spoon. Nobody will win this argument you know it and I know it. Our posts are mere speculation based on the information given to us by third parties (the so called experts).

OP - In regards to your thread, I would not be at all suprised to find out that this is a mark on the photo to hide something. I am convinced that the japanese know alot more than they are releasing purely because they are towing the NASA line, most probably due to the funding they recieve for future projects.

The bottom line is all we can do is bounce our opinions and ideas off of each other and learn the best way we can, none of us know for certain and thats how its going to be until such a time where we will know different.

Great thread and good insight well deserved Flag and Star in my book

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

OP - In regards to your thread, I would not be at all suprised to find out that this is a mark on the photo to hide something.

I honestly don't think NASA would use a "skylight" feature to hide something in a pic. So far there has only been two skylights spottet on the Moon, so these are rare discoveries.

The first one was photographed by the Kaguya Terrain Camera in 2008, and it is located in Marius Hills on the near side of the Moon. The discovery was published in October 2009:
www.planetary.org...

Also this second skylight which is mentioned in the OP is causing a great deal of interest. Many scientists will be analyzing this image, so it would be VERY stupid of NASA to draw attention to it if it has been manipulated in any way. If NASA really wanted to hide or mask something, it would have been a lot smarter to simply make it look like an ordinary crater.

In my opinion, of course.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by GeminiSky

Can someone other than the OP please offer some valid argument in favor of the Hollow moon theory. OP is choosing to ignore me and my questions. I just want some info to give me some fact to mull over.

OP is taking this as an attack... An attack it is not.. Curiosity it is!

You are not addressing my questions solely because you do not know. You blindly believe in the "hollow moon" theory and do not care to know or learn the facts. That is evident.

It is quite simple. You offered the hollow moon option to the conversation. Another member gave facts to disprove..... You disreguard the facts and hide behind... "stop picking on me or Im not answering your questions"

I truely want to know more about this..His facts seem pretty air tight. You have presented ZERO evidence or facts. I dont ask you this to pick at you... I ask because, you brought up this "hallow moon" and I want to know more.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
How many times Mobius!!–

It is not up to the OP to explain, in detail to you the hollow moon theory.

The OP did not invent the theories – he is referring to information which is currently out there - extensively discussed (particularly on this site)

If you want to know the origin / evidence being presented in the theory – you are at liberty to do some research.

There are loads of threads regarding the subject on this site alone

Here are a few to start you off – knock yourself out!

Link
LINK
LINK
LINK
LINK
LINK
LINK
LINK

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

You're wasting your time. You've inadvertently wandered into a "Professional Intellectual (or not) Dodge-ball Match". All you'll get here is links linking to links.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by suziwong

As soon as i get back from Dungeons and Dragons training class today.. I am going to message my buddy smeegles and we are going to look deeply into this Hollow Moon theory. I will get to the bottom of this.. As soon as I do, I will give all of the facts to Mr Potter and I will have him turn it into a thread, So we can get to the bottom (no punn intended) of this Hollow Moon theory. I can only assume that it is true.... With the caliber of people that believe it, how could it not be? I will be back later with a full post on this..

So has anyone come to the same conclusion on the picture?
I am certain it is a shadow. I would like to see a time stamp and location, to verify that it is a shadow.

I am just going to say this.. It is 100% without a doubt a Shadow. The bigger question is this... Could that shadow prove or disprove the elongated shadow theory?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

No I understand what you are saying, that there is just as good of chance of the moon being hollow as the earth, and that there are several locations on earth with grand openings into hollowed out regions, I just thought you'd find the book or at least some of the information in it interesting given your stance on this subject.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by wl653

I just wish there more credible sources.. I have to admit the thought is fantastic... But I can not wrap my mind around theories that have ZERO proof.. Just thoughts and Ideas. It would be phenominal to find out the earth was hollow. Imagine the life that would have adapted... You would have months and months or picture browsing of animals with no eyes and transparent skin..

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by wl653

I think, for clarity to what some are saying, to include the OP (?):

The term "hollow earth" (or "moon") conjurs up different images in different people's minds? Perhaps??

Certainly, the existence of voids in the CRUSTS of rocky planets and planetoids is undeniable. VOIDS...caves. On Earth, we see them formed for many different reasons, one of which is from past volcanic activity.

This is the most likely case on the Moon, too...and NOT, as on Earth, voids in the crust from water erosion, and a great deal of plate tectonic activity in the past. (or present, for that matter). Likely other reasons, too.

BUT, the important bits to recall, is the unlikelihood of a "hollow" center, either within the Earth or the Moon.

Highly, highly doubtful. Nil chance, even, I would say.

But, as has been pointed out, naturally-formed caves, tubes and voids from ancient volcanic activity, molten crust material that once flowed, and left the "holes" is certainly plausible, and could prove useful in future manned habitation concepts on the Moon.

[edit on 29 June 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974
reply to post by suziwong

So has anyone come to the same conclusion on the picture?
I am certain it is a shadow. I would like to see a time stamp and location, to verify that it is a shadow.

I am just going to say this.. It is 100% without a doubt a Shadow. The bigger question is this... Could that shadow prove or disprove the elongated shadow theory?

I tend to agree. My initial reaction was that it is a shadow. Working the image over with CS5 didn't swing my reaction either way... If I had access to the original it might.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
[im][atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8ab73db4fb96.jpg[/atsimg][/im]
I am going to go on the record and say .... This hole has been plugged... This is a crater ... You are seeing a shadow.
Notice the light on the left side of the crater? Nothing to see here but a crater.

BUT, maybe this crater has a mechanical floor/bottom that opens and closes for them to fly in and out.

Do you think they fly out straight up or on a slight angle?

If straight up.... how do they tilt to that angle & still be able to see?

Is there any chance that this is a skylight disguised as a crater?

If so... are they using the hillside to hide it.. or are we seeing an illusion?

There is allot to ponder here...

If they noticed the satelite flying over taking pictures... is there any chance they moved the entrance to another location?

Any insight would be appreciated.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Mobius1974]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Can anyone brighten this image up for use so that we can see further into the hole? I dont even have photoshop

Will have to download that today.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeminiSky
Can anyone brighten this image up for use so that we can see further into the hole? I dont even have photoshop

How did you come to the conclusion that this is a hole? As I and others have said.. it is a crater.. notice the light reflecting on the left side of the crater. Dont disreguard the heighth of the right side vs the length of the shadow. It is painfully apparent that this is a crater with a shadow....
the left side is the smoking gun.. See how you can see down the left side? thats because the light is present there.. This is so obvious.. to debate it would be irresponsible.. look at the picture with an open mind!

Will have to download that today.

So, you would seriously illegally obtain a copy of photoshop? Someone worked very hard to create that and should be paid every time a person decides they want or need to use it. A person that steals copyright material is no better than a common thief!

Go pay the $300 to $400 for PS and the add ons.. Show the person that wrote it a little respect!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Do you believe what Richard C Hoagland says about seeing ruins in pictures from the moon? I've heard Him talk about that several times in the past few years on Coast to Coast AM.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974

So, you would seriously illegally obtain a copy of photoshop? Someone worked very hard to create that and should be paid every time a person decides they want or need to use it. A person that steals copyright material is no better than a common thief!

Go pay the $300 to $400 for PS and the add ons.. Show the person that wrote it a little respect!

Seriously guy, quit trying so hard! You may blow a gasket or something! Everyone here can see how your acting, and it may be time to take a hint when your posts are being removed one after the other....

PS is available for purchase and DOWNLOAD right off the Adobe website, also free trial versions are available as well. No illegal downloading required.

Getting back ON TOPIC, I will download the program tonight and try and brighten up this moon hole, perhaps there are details that will become visible after adjusting the black level in the image.

Im still trying to figure out where that structure to the right is located (someone mentioned it in a previous post)

And will also need to determine which direction the light source is coming from. Hopefully I will be able to examine the photo in detail later today.

---GeminiSky

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join