It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare Hole In the Moon Photographed

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Oh no, I'm merely pointing out how completely full of it you were when you said...

Originally posted by weedwhacker
To suggest that material (rock) would somehow, when molten, form a "shell", rather than a solid ball is...well, outside the realm of reality, frankly.

If you're going to debunk something try doing so with some sense of validity to your statements.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Getting back to the subject of this thread.
That hole, be it a lava tube or something else, might be a good place to hide out during intense periods of cosmic activity.
I think that if we ever set up a permanent base on the moon, it will have to be underground.

Maybe tubes like this will also contain ice in the dark recesses hidden from light.

Thanks for the pics and the links.

It seems to me like the personal differences some of you have could be carried out through U2U. I am no op and have no business saying this but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night. Carry on good fellows!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
I am no op and have no business saying this but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night. Carry on good fellows!

That is golden!

I wonder how deep this tube, or skylight goes. How are these things even formed?

Does the lava come out from under the surface and essentialy spurts out?

I need to do some more research on this, and also how "sky lights" are formed.

Either way I do agree that this could be used as a natural underground refuge during crazy cosmic activity.

--GeminiSky

[edit on 28-6-2010 by GeminiSky]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GeminiSky

Ask, and ye shall receive....

www.lunarpedia.org...

news.nationalgeographic.com...

blogs.discovermagazine.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Why thank you, that was rather nice of you whacker.

Looks like some of these can have depths going down several miles? Damn thats one deep moon hole

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Your Comment:

"Remember what I said about not just reading the headlines??

Well if YOU

bothererd to read the link, it stated that an opposing theory was that:-

"Alternate theories surmise that the Earth captured a fully formed moon, or that the moon formed in orbit around the Earth but that Earth somehow prevented metal from accreting to the moon"

That was my point....a variety of scientific viewpoints

By the way, these are valid scientific theories .....sadly you seem to be under the misapprehension that theories are facts.

"The moon may have been adopted by our planet instead of descended from it."

LINK
"
In various posts in this thread, I am accused of trying to say leading scientists of our day are wrong....I could not even attempt to do this - I am just showing that many scientists have different opinions and we are dealing in ever changing/evolving theory - therefore I am always amazed when people are so blinkered because they know the "facts" - they don't!

and no amount of personal, unfounded/unjustified attack (Mobius) makes them appear cleverer

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by suziwong

In various posts in this thread, I am accused of trying to say leading scientists of our day are wrong....I could not even attempt to do this - I am just showing that many scientists have different opinions and we are dealing in ever changing/evolving theory - therefore I am always amazed when people are so blinkered because they know the "facts" - they don't! and no amount of personal, unfounded/unjustified attack (Mobius) makes them appear cleverer

I could not agree more. They are all Theory's GUYS, No one including myself, will be able to prove beyond a doubt whether or not the moon is hollow. This is why I will not entertain such requests. When make suppositions, its about theory's and possibilities.

However when someone makes statements about this or that being the way it is; and acts like its written in stone, then yes I will sometimes ask for evidence or proof.

But at the end of the day NONE of us, including the armchair scientists that visit my threads can prove anything with absolute certainty.

As for those who are self proclaimed "mouthy" people, please understand, when you are unprovoked and start asking questions in a rude, bashing manner, EVEN IF ITS A VALID QUESTION, you and your questions will more than likely be ignored.

Not because I dont have an answer, but because you have changed it from a friendly discussion to a personal attack and I simply no longer wish to have a discussion with someone who is rude and resorts to indirect name calling.

Yep just cause you circumvent the TC on ATS by indirectly insulting someone, does not mean that I don't notice what you say.

All in all, no hard feelings, just understand that rude people will be ignored, no matter how valid their arguments.

Kind regards to all,

GeminiSky

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The OP is NOT the topic of this thread or any other I am familiar with.

Any further posts not addressing the topic, that are little more then thinly veiled attacks, will result in warnings and possible loss of posting privileges.

Thank you

Semper

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
That is golden!

I wonder how deep this tube, or skylight goes. How are these things even formed?

So we are sure this is a skylight? Like several people have stated it looks allot like a shadow. *Snip*

Does the lava come out from under the surface and essentialy spurts out?

Could you please inform me of all of the other ways that lava flows?

While doing that research please attempt to answer a few of the questions posed over the last 4 pages.

Either way I do agree that this could be used as a natural underground refuge during crazy cosmic activity.

The moon surface will block all of this crazy wacky cosmic activity you speak of?

When you get the time ...could you please go back over the last 4 pages and answer at least a couple of the questions that have been asked?

Wacker gave facts about the hollow moon debunked. We are all awaiting your facts after you called his facts absurd.

I still believe this is a shadow and nothing to see.

When your explaining the hollow moon...could you please provide me with quotes and facts. I find this necessary before I call someones theory absurd.

Mod Note: Warnings – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/28/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

Please refer to my last post, so that you can understand why I will not be entertaining your questions.

When you choose to be respectful of others on this forum, and I can read your posts (if your posts have not been removed due to TC violations), maybe we can have a mature discussion about the moon.

If you wish to learn more about lava tubes and lunar skylights, please refer to the reply made by weedwhacker to me, with the links to information on these lava tubes and skylights, and their formation.

Mods: I apologize if this is off-topic, this is the last post I will make in regards to this issue.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sanity Lost

not necessarily - depends on many things including how deep and wide the cavity is, under the hole.

the hole is just the entrance, meaning the walls of the cavity might be quite a ways back underneath.

check out this picture of a possible cave opening on mars:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Looking at the right edge of the Hole standing by it's lonesome is a

structure that looks like a very tall dark building with a gabled roof.^Y^
^
l l

[edit on 28-6-2010 by amari]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Here is a hole in Mars,very similar.

apod.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by amari
reply to post by Phage

Looking at the right edge of the Hole standing by it's lonesome is a

structure that looks like a very tall dark building with a gabled roof.^Y^
^
l l

[edit on 28-6-2010 by amari]

Would anyone be able to post a close up of this structure? Im not too handy with photoshop....

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Just a little Mod Assist

I can not pin point what is being referred to, but I can help by posting the picture.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Not an impact crater, and not enough atmosphere to make it. Either water did it or a machine.

Or...

It's this pit.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Why thank you very much!

Yea I cant tell where this supposed structure is...can anyone help pin point this thing?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The Moon is hollow just as The Earth is hollow.

On Earth there are many places with very large seemingly bottomless holes. There are many places with very large and expansive underground hollowed out domes and caves, passage ways.

For the hollow Moon theory to be true, that does not mean the entire moon is all 100% hollow.

Just like the earth, the Moon can have huge hollow areas close to the surface. These can be hollow enough to support claims of deep underground bases - just like man has made on earth.

Anything you can propose a hollow moon theory for, can be done with hollow areas such as these. Therefore Yes, the Moon can be hollow.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

But I enjoy my units of measure that have no form of quick conversion. I rather like having to divide 5280 by 12 to figure out how many inches are in a mile!

To be fair I blame the Brits, we got our units of measure and hardheadedness from them.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
The Moon is hollow just as The Earth is hollow.

On Earth there are many places with very large seemingly bottomless holes. There are many places with very large and expansive underground hollowed out domes and caves, passage ways.

For the hollow Moon theory to be true, that does not mean the entire moon is all 100% hollow.

Just like the earth, the Moon can have huge hollow areas close to the surface. These can be hollow enough to support claims of deep underground bases - just like man has made on earth.

Anything you can propose a hollow moon theory for, can be done with hollow areas such as these. Therefore Yes, the Moon can be hollow.

I agree with that viewpoint.

So one may surmise that these moon holes may lead to larger subterranian caverns perhaps? Now that would be pretty cool.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join