It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Said to Taze Grandmother

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
man this is a sad story. LEO are just gettin lazier and the precident for how much of the constitution they can misinterpret to suit their lazy keep the status quo, I'm always right your wrong, can't admit mistakes, abuse my trusted authority, keeps getting bigger and grossely wrong from the perspective of anybody else paying attention.

They key to bullys-I mean LEOs- is to have a bigger stick than them. cops respect you if you have a much bigger rifle than they or their entire county does and you make no bones about using it if needed to defend ones self from any physical threat weather it's a cop (many times actually a govt sanctioned thug) or a illegal criminal. Seriousy any cop that aims a tazer at my unarmed grandmother will have a high powered hunting rifle aimed at them with a hornady 168 grain TAP round chambered with the safety off. LEo's are no more privilaged than anybody else in the matter of me defending another innocent human being. now if my grandma had gun and was aiming it at others then yeah if you really need to tazer my grandma.

but seriously LEO's you gotta be a little more engaged in your job. get a skinned knee or a boo boo from time to time in the course of your jobs to be the heros that save society from themselves or enforces the cabals rules and tyranny. Instead of being cowards that tazer at the slightest sign of their own puse needing to be raised above the average-for a obese person. lay off the tazer use some good old fashioned arm locks and handcuff people. it's better than electricuting people. come on LEO's you know the execessive use of force is plain wrong. everybody else knows it why can't cops figure it out too. remember LEO's karma sucks. Society punishes you for your actions. there is a reason why LEO's have some of the highest suicide rates among professions. nobody else loves you either. and it's your fault. act different and the people would be on your side. be lazy, currupt cowards who tazer just about anything that exists sometimes for fun like grandmothers for instance and nobody will want to be your friend either

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Mudman21

If a grown man in his prime can fear an old lady in a bed, then that man should not be allowed out of his own house, let alone handle a gun in service to the public.
This sort of thing needs to stop .

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

You know that was absolutely the worst thing I have seen in forever!

These cops deserve nothing but Felony battery and Assault for slamming grandma to the ground, SICK!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
For the record...

I never said the cops were right or wrong in this matter.

I never said the "granny" desereved to be tased.

I simply feel we're only getting part of the story, the side of the grandson.

I'd just like to know what really happened.

Short of Granny being a drug kingpin and or popping out of her bed with a sub-machine gun...what's to know?

At 86 yrs of age perhaps she has dementia and was surprised to see the cops...needless to say if the Officers did what is alleged then they should be fried!!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
My husband does loss prevention, the shoplifters they stop fight all the time, he has been shot at, had multiple knives pulled on him and had a nasty cut on his hand a couple of weeks ago from one of those knives.

The day that the guy cut him with the knife, they had to wait 4 hours for the cops to show up. Then the officers just wrote the guy a petty larceny ticket and sent him on his way.

It should have been armed robbery, or assault or any number of serious felonies, but they were too damn lazy to do take him in.

Granted policies, training and proffesionalism vary from company to company, but at a good one, with good people these guys are trained to restrain people safely , to protect themselves and in proffessional interview techniques and end up doing the job the cops should be doing most of the time.

My husband has shown me how a lot of the restraint moves work, and they are quite effective, He has done it on me a couple of times, but mostly my son thinks its great fun to struggle and scream and have chad put him in holds LOL

Sorry I am rambling, my point is that if two ro three LP guys can safely detain and restrain whacked out criminals, with nothing but cuffs, on a daily basis there is no reason multiple police officers can't do the same thing.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by theability

It is horrible man... and unfortunately it's not an isolated thing and it seems, with or without the confirmed validity of the Story in the OP, that these incidents are becoming more frequent.

I think common sense seems to be pretty scarce among a lot of police officers.

Some are fantastic and nice people, some are crazed and so hyped up that they'd happily slam an old lady to the floor or taser a sick old lady.

Unfortunately we don't hear all the feel-good stories and the stories of the nice cops... only these assholes.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Thanks, in that case...statement retracted. This is pretty sad.

Someone take those toys away from those boys. The female officers may retain theirs. .

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

It is horrible man... and unfortunately it's not an isolated thing and it seems, with or without the confirmed validity of the Story in the OP, that these incidents are becoming more frequent.

Yes you are so right, in fact these events are becoming a threat to citizens across the globe.

Cops gone wild isn't a joke, it is a scary reality!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Wow! What is this world coming to when you can not even call for medical help without getting abused
I am begining to think my husband's idea of moving into a cabin way far away from society is not such a bad idea anymore

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Really it does not matter if there were 10 Police Officers or one. To have the temerity to suggest that an 86 year old lady, bedridden and on oxygen, could in any way at all be construed as threatening is just beyond ridiculous.

The court document states:

He stated in his report that the 86 year-old plaintiff“took a more aggressive posture in her bed,” and that he was fearful for his safety and the safety of others.

Just exactly what calibre of Police Officers are they employing in El Reno that they are afraid of an 86 year old? (Let alone a bedridden one!)

These people are a total and utter disgrace to the name of Police Officers everywhere. I most sincerely hope that the judge throws the book at them.

Every one of these men should be tazered in public at least three times. They might not be so keen to use these disgusting weapons the next time.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Sue the city, then sue each and every officer involved, blind. Take away the only thing they care about: money. Maybe then they will learn their lesson.

This story makes me sick.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Wow, at first glance this seems appalling! The officer in charge instructed other's to taser her because they were scared of her bed posture?
I have to reserve total judgement because again, I was not there. But, a 911 call involving a bed ridden 86 year old, that turns into a tasering with more than one officer at the scene seems crazy!! If the report is all true and accurate, then this is yet another example of bullying with a power toy! If the stepping on the oxygen hose was intentional, that insidious officer should be fired, sued and then jailed!

Tasers And The Cops That Abuse Them June 21, 2010

Peace

[edit on 25-6-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

Seriously, that video just makes me want to die.

In Scotland, there's no way that would have happened. Not ever.

[edit on 25/6/10 by XHellcatX]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
If somebody wants to commit suicide. It's common for an air-taser to be deployed on the subject to prevent them from hurting themselves and/or someone else. That's what it's meant for as a matter of fact.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Police Tasered an 86-year-old disabled grandma in her bed.

Thats enough for me.

Apparently the Cops of today have been Wussified and are defenseless against an 86 year old disabled woman.

Those jack booted thugs need to not only be fired but should be tried for crimes against humanity.

Upon their conviction should be subjected to the very same torchure they admistered to that poor old woman.

They should then be promptly exucuted for their crimes.

Actions like this will continue until we the people demand accountibility.

How much more are you willing to take?

I have had my fill.

Molon Labe

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marked One
If somebody wants to commit suicide. It's common for an air-taser to be deployed on the subject to prevent them from hurting themselves and/or someone else. That's what it's meant for as a matter of fact.
Yup . and everyone knows that tasers dont cause the body to convulse violently and are perfectly safe to use in an oxygen rich environment unless perhaps you stand on the supply first . I will say however , that your logic on why they decided to use a taser may be correct.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Marked One

If the El Reno article is true (which I have doubts that it is due to it's inconsistencies) and this woman was trying to commit suicide, wouldn't there be a better tactic to disarm her then to deprive her of oxygen and then tazer her twice? Couldn't they just take their baton and knock the knife from her hand. Couldn't they try the humane way and try to talk her down.

Remember, we are talking about an 86 year old bed ridden elderly woman. Not a 25 year old martial arts expert back from SEAL training.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Factual Allegations
12.On or about December 22, 2009 the plaintiff Lona M. Varner was in her apartmentat 1955 S. Shepard Ave, Apt. 703, El Reno, Oklahoma, in her hospital-type bed. She was alsoconnected to a portable oxygen concentrator with a long hose.
13.A severe winter storm was moving into the area and Ms. Varner’s grandson, LonnieD. Tinsley, came to the apartment to check on her at the request of his father, now deceased; becauseLona Varner is 86 years-old and in marginal health, she takes several prescribed medications daily; Lonnie’s grandmother was unable to tell him exactly when she had taken her meds, he wasconcerned and called 911 to ask for an emergency medical technician to come to her apartment toevaluate her.
14.As many as ten El Reno police, John Does Nos. 1 - 10, including Thomas Duran,
bmd ─ 3 ─
Case 5:10-cv-00636-F Document 1 Filed 06/21/10 Page 3 of 7
Frank Tinga, and Joseph Sandberg, came to the apartment and pushed their way through the door. Ms. Varner told them to get out of her apartment. Instead, the apparent leader of the police (Duran)instructed another policeman to “Taser her!” He stated in his report that the 86 year-old plaintiff“took a more aggressive posture in her bed,” and that he was fearful for his safety and the safety ofothers.
15.Lonnie Tinsley told them, “Don’t taze my Granny!” to which they responded thatthey would taser him; instead, they pulled him out of her apartment, took him down to the floor,handcuffed him and placed him in the back of a police car.
16.The police then proceeded to approach Ms. Varner in her bed and stepped on heroxygen hose until she began to suffer oxygen deprivation.
17.The police then fired a taser at her and only one wire struck her, in the left arm; thepolice then fired a second taser, striking her to the right and left of the midline of her upper chest andapplied high voltage, causing burns to her chest, extreme pain and to pass out.
18.The police then grabbed Ms. Varner by her forearms and jerked hands together,causing her soft flesh to tear and bleed on her bed; they then handcuffed her.
19.The police freed Lonnie Tinsley from his incarceration in the back of the police carand permitted him to accompany the ambulance with his grandmother.
20.Lona Varner was transported by paramedics to Parkland Hospital in El Reno wherethe burns to her chest and the torn flesh on her arms were treated.
21.Ms. Varner was transported in the early morning hours of December 23, 2009 fromParkland to St. Anthony’s Hospital in Oklahoma City where she was placed in the psychiatric wardat the direction of the El Reno police; she was held there for six days and released.
22.As a result of the wrongful arrest and detention, the plaintiff Lona M. Varner suffered
bmd ─ 4 ─
Case 5:10-cv-00636-F Document 1 Filed 06/21/10 Page 4 of 7
the unlawful restraint of her freedom, bodily injury, assault, battery, the trashing of her apartment, humiliation, loss of personal dignity, infliction of emotional distress and medical bills.
23.As a result of the wrongful arrest and detention, Lonnie D. Tinsley suffered theunlawful restraint of his freedom, assault, battery, humiliation, lost of person dignity, negligentinfliction of emotional distress by witnessing the physical abuse of his grandmother and intentionalinfliction of emotional distress.
24.By the actions described above, the defendants deprived the plaintiffs of clearlyestablished and well-settled constitutional rights:
a.Freedom from the deprivation of liberty without due process of law;
b.Freedom from the seizure of theirs persons without due process of the law.
25.The individual defendants subjected the plaintiffs to these deprivations of their rightseither maliciously, or by acting with a reckless disregard for whether the plaintiffs’ rights would beviolated by their actions.
26.As a direct and proximate result of the acts and omissions of the individualdefendants, which were intentional, or done with gross negligence, Lona M. Varner and Lonnie D.Tinsley were forced to endure great pain, mental suffering, fear and humiliation, were deprived oftheir physical liberty, were forced to incur legal and medical expenses, and suffered personal injuryand mental injuries as described above.

Court Documents

That's directly from the Court Documents. That's one hell of an event to endure.

"To protect and serve" They never said whom...

Some food for thought:

It is not the duty of the police to protect you. Their job is to protect the Corporation and arrest code breakers. Sapp v. Tallahasee, 348 So. 2nd. 363, Reiff v. City of Philadelphia, 477 F.Supp. 1262, Lynch v. N.C. Dept of Justice 376 S.E. 2nd. 247.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Yea I agree, there has to be more to the story.

LOL at...

"[the policeman] wrote in his police report that he did so because the old woman "took a more aggressive posture in her bed,"

...some things really do baffle me.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Blindly following govt. is not blindness its definitely brainlessness - Common sense was never common with them at all ever since there existence.

Solution

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join