It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Said to Taze Grandmother

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

You clearly confuse treating the elderly with respect for treating them like children.

IMO old people are the most dangerous people on planet earth, they have experience and know far more than most which is why they should be respected by all.

That Old woman clearly did not want those criminals in her home and she had every right in every universe under gods eye to tell those toilet wipes to get the fudge out. And yet she was not even given the dignity of being ridiculed and treated as a child instead those Nazi Scum treated her like an Animal if she was a cow and this video was put on YouTube by PEDA there would be global outrage over this incident.

The only dangerous children I keep seeing in these videos causing death and damage are the crap, swine, scum farts wearing a badge.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
asides from being inhumanly disgusting & awful this is also scary...
If it were my grandmother, i would not have allowed it.......
lets just leave it at that....

-B.M

P.S) I also hope the assailants get just punishment for their CRIMES
& that the victims recover & are in good health.

[edit on 26/6/10 by B.Morrison]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I refuse to believe that a cop would randomly walk into someones house and tase them for no reason... especially an old woman. It makes no sense. Theres something else behind this and were not getting the whole story.

The problem with these stories is that the person that was harmed or done injustice to is the only side we ever hear because the police dept refuses to comment.

You can tell when something is a cover up but wait to hear both sides of the story before you jump on the "I hate pigs" wagon.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
To be fair.

He wasn't tasering the 86-year-old. He was only giving her the court appointed death panel.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AndrewJay

You can tell when something is a cover up but wait to hear both sides of the story before you jump on the "I hate pigs" wagon.

I don't understand this logic....

What?.... I'm supposed to flip flop back and forth from viewing cops as disgusting Nazis and the back to them being our protectors and servers?

Why?

At what point can I justifying not liking the Cops?
What has to be done?
How far do they have to go?
How many YouTube videos?

How many people need to be hurt and have their entire lives irrevocably damaged and traumatized as if American Cops where importing North Koreans for the job before I can finally say "Enough is double damned ENOUGH!!"

You tell me man, you tell me. You make the rules.

Hell I'll ask all you MOD Cops on this site to set the Standard, Make it an ATS rule that We can not say a damn thing about Cops until this (insert standard here) is done.

I'm tired of people defending this crap, I'm tired of not one single Cop on this Site standing up for justice and saying "OK this was wrong" I'm tired of being labeled as some type of stereotypical nut because I'm against Cops seriously hurting people inhumanely.

So Come on all you defenders of tyranny, take this chance and set the standard, the protocol, because I guarantee you that with in a week it will be in yet another YouTube Cop video.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Izarith]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

No hate speak here just a view and a question ok? Then maybe a small from the heart statement.
Did you ever see the Youtube video of the officers that tried to plug a dying woman’s knife wounds with their fingers while giving her CPR as her blood pumped out of newly discovered holes? Or the video of the three officers that flew their helicopter into a hillside to avoid crashing into the riverbed full of civilians?
My guess would be no I don’t recall seeing video of the helicopter and I saw no video while the lady died. Just a lot of crying going on.
I know that at least both of these things happened and how they impacted people whether they were Police or civilian.
With all phones having a camera nowadays people always film the bad but never the good things people do because we just don’t want to see someone helping in a video, yet we flock to see a kid break his arm falling off of a skateboard.
Not all Police are good but not all are bad, they are human subject to the same rules as anyone else. Not all people are good but not all people are bad.
We are all humans and as soon as we see past titles and labels maybe we can be what we are supposed to be. Till then we are all screwed.
Peace

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

No hate speak here just a view and a question ok? Then maybe a small from the heart statement.
Did you ever see the Youtube video of the officers that tried to plug a dying woman’s knife wounds with their fingers while giving her CPR as her blood pumped out of newly discovered holes? Or the video of the three officers that flew their helicopter into a hillside to avoid crashing into the riverbed full of civilians?
My guess would be no I don’t recall seeing video of the helicopter and I saw no video while the lady died. Just a lot of crying going on.
I know that at least both of these things happened and how they impacted people whether they were Police or civilian.

your right I have not seen those videos. To be honest I don't look up Cop videos on YouTube they make me physically ill. I'm actually very grateful that there is no video for the OP.

But helping people is what Cops are supposed to do, we are supposed to feel safe around them, we are supposed to be helped by them, that's their freakin JOB!

Whats next? giving awards to McDonald's employees when they don't spit in the burger?

With all phones having a camera nowadays people always film the bad but never the good things people do because we just don’t want to see someone helping in a video, yet we flock to see a kid break his arm falling off of a skateboard.

The fact that people pull out their camera when ever there is a Cop call as a line of defence and "coincidentally" catching Cops taser beat and shoot people is a bad sign if you ask me.

There are millions of kids who brake their arms falling of a skateboard, yet there are just as many Cop videos...don;t you find that a bit unacceptable?

Not all Police are good but not all are bad, they are human subject to the same rules as anyone else. Not all people are good but not all people are bad.

No cops don't have to follow the same rules and when normal people are bad they face consequences if they are caught.

Cops, can walk into an elderly persons home tase her in her sick bed and stick her in a mental institution and claim they were defending themselves against probable harm.

We are all humans and as soon as we see past titles and labels maybe we can be what we are supposed to be. Till then we are all screwed.

We might all be human, but many see others as nothing but animals. What human can justify treating a sick bedridden elderly woman in such a manner in front of her grandson but some one who sees people as animals?

Peace.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
This is sickening. How can people be allowed to treat people this way?
I am glad to see that many people are upset with this story.
We need to stop acts of violence.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Are you quite certain there was no video? The Texas jerk cop taser instructor made a video when he tasered the 72 yr old. Chances are, if this attack was for instructional purposes, the instructors probably recorded it. Someone should ask if a video was made by any of the cop "students."

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Actually El Reno has a prison facility which doubles as a Fema Camp. There might have been some "educational" purpose to this incident. Homeland security is the one pushing tasers on the police and promoting them. There could be a link. FCI, El Reno
There was another incident, reported on ATS of an 83 yr old being tasered because her tv was too loud and she was carrying a kitchen knife. This also apparently also happened in
December. There may be a pattern here. It is too bad we can't get some kind of instructional schedule from homeland security to see if tasering lectures are taking place and where, so that we can caution our home town police to resist any invitations to taser elderly people.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by m khan]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by m khan

Have you seen one of those Tasers built into a shotgun-shell? You wanna know how much just one shell costs? Less than $100. That is not including the shotgun that is custom-made to fire the shells. I knew about them like 2-3 years prior to their release on the market.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I support the Electro-Shock Therapy of our senior citizens. It probably did her heart some good anyway.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATLien
It probably did her heart some good anyway.

No. Only cheerios does that. Unlike Tasers which only act like rice-krispies; they both snap-crackle and pop.

Anyways. Also have you all heard about the "X3" Taser? It's suppose to be a Taser that fires three hits before you need to reload it.

[edit on 6/26/10 by Marked One]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Tasers need to be OUTLAWED. stuff like this makes me sick. You can taser anyone for anything under these current laws. They don't even have to threaten you! They could be sitting there protesting and get tasered for sitting down. It's terrible. and something needs to be done.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imightknow
I think the biggest issue with police departments is most of them don't properly weed out bad candidates anymore like they used to; not sure if this is because of a decline in interested qualified candidates or what. The police force is no place for people who want to get their rocks off by abusing their power, which is what cases like this are portraying, and they are happening more and more everyday.

As mentioned earlier I also don't think we are getting the full story here, and I also am interested in hearing the official side of this story. That being said, if this is the way it went down, that officer should be stripped of his badge and placed in a Siberian Gulag.

The reason why they accept anybody now a days is because people are getting more violent and crazy. The supply and demand is off the hook. Their training is weak though. My bro came out of the Marines. He joined the police force. they have training where they yell at your face to try and break you to see if you would breakdown and yell back. My bro just laughed. The training officer asked if he was military and he replied yes.

They have serious weak training and they should hire ex-military to train their officers.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by theknuckler

then what are they going to use to put down a crazed individual? A nightstick? Then people would bitch about that as well.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by theknuckler

You do realize that before tasers were used in an armed confrontation whether it is stick or gun the Police standard operating procedure was to use a gun?
If an officer has no Taser they will simply be cornered into shooting such people.
And if you think the officers will have to approach the situation from shooting them in the hand you are fooled.
Police are taught center of mass shooting for more than a take down perspective; it also reduces the possibility of missing and hitting an innocent. And yes I have seen the ATS post on New York looking to have their officers go all cowboy and shoot for the hands, it can not and will not work, there are ways around shooting people in the hand.
Yes I know they had tear gas also, but tear gas usually angers drugged or drunk individuals. Plus the lady in this story was on oxygen apparently.
Tear gas affects the olfactory senses more than any it is why you tear up.
A lot of people complain that the Taser is barbaric, but if you only understood how many lives it actually saved.
So if you think the officers in the US shouldn’t have tasers that is fine just understand what the alternative is. And is certainly better than being beaten on by 6 cops with batons.(see Rodney King).

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I have been "lurking" around here for a month or so, keeping abreast of the truest news I've found and I really enjoyed reading the many topics here! HOWEVER, no other topic made me want to reply badly enough to join the sight. Well guess what? This one did!!

Anyone who thinks these officers were opperating within the perameters of the law is seriously delusional! We should all be VERY afraid!

I am raising three boys (14, 12 & 7) and I am scared out of my gourd thinking about the kind of world I am turning them out into! How can I raise them to be "good" people when this is the kind of crap that happens every day? The world is insane and I am convinced these are the infamous "End Times"! All I can do is hope it happens quickly and painlessly, I really don't think I could feel more helpless *sigh*!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by IrishCream

These children you speak of, would you rather them Tased or shot?
I have been Tased before and in the chest, I however have never been shot in the chest, but it seems the Taser is the less barbaric of the two.
Just my opinion, you don't have to agree.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
When I was 66 years old, and found myself unexpectedly in a situation where I had become disoriented due to being both dehydrated and hypothermic, I found myself being tazed by police. I had been looking for a phone. It should be noted that I have had a hemorrhagic stroke, I have balance problems, and I need a cane to walk. I have never committed a crime in my life. In no way was I a threat to anybody. Yet six cops descended upon me, I was on the cold sidewalk being tased. Nobody would listen to me and I finally decided to just lay there and play dead until finally they called an ambulance and I was taken to a hospital. I thought I had the right to see a lawyer but instead I was kept incommunicado in the hospital for four days.

All it would have taken is just let me call my lady friend (now my wife) who could have gotten me home and warmed me up. Cops have gone totally nuts. And by the way, after being tased, for a year or so I had a lot of instances of irregular heartbeat which can be dangerous and can lead to cardiac arrest.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Bodryn]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join