It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Said to Taze Grandmother

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

It’s not about the officers being tougher, it is about officer safety.
Just because the lady may want to engage in a death match does not mean the officers will. And it is possible for an accident to happen and have an officer stabbed, remember even monkeys fall out of trees. Their actions kept them out of harms reach and gave the old lady a chance to continue her life, the medications could have made her that way.
After getting the other side of the story I am satisfied the old lady got tased, all parties will survive.
Plus say 20 years ago tasers were a thing that most cops didn’t have and only read about them in magazines. Back in those days the old lady would have tried to close the gap on the officers and they would have fired bullets at her, not wires.
Suicide by cop is the term.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeathTribble
is the Tazer just the easiest thing to pull out and they are becoming lazy?

It's not laziness. If they tackled her, they would have to touch her. Police want a weapon, like a taser or a gun, that doesn't involve touching anybody. Clean. Get rid of the problem without getting your hands dirty. Then there is the problem of transporting her, handcuffed, to jail. All clean, neat. Tazering could be a big help, reducing the arrestee to unconsciousness, it could become standard procedure. Otherwise why do we see so many instances of handcuffed people tasered? One poor woman died from that here a few years ago. She was trying to tell the cops that they had forgotten something. Ops, too bad she was black.She should have known that black people never approach a cop in Oklahoma.

Originally post edby Big Raging Loner

Officer safety! I hope some creepy cop tasers YOUR grandmother.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by m khan]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I heard that they told her they were going to TEASE her. That's when she took the agressive posture in BED, with her trusty razor sharp BUTTER knife.

Then the fearless 10 crime-crusaders saw the jolly roger tatoo, and that's when they knew they had to let her have it. NO MORE O2 for this one. The 80000 V electric shock was merciful compared to some of the other grannies they'd dealt with. You just never know.

Seriously, they should have turned around and left, and let the EMS deal with her. She wasn't going anywhere, was she???

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by m khan

Unfortunately I have no living Grandmas, but if I did I would hope if she was trying to kill herself the cops would use a less than lethal weapon to disarm her rather than shooting her.
Officer safety first is what police teach, if you are not alive you cannot help anyone.
I am sure there has to be at least one person on this board that has been in a life threatening situation but as this is the internet it is the default that everything said here is a lie. Just so you know things change when you get put into a life threatening situation, every time it happens your feet get chilly you start to feel sick to your stomach and you question everything you do, until it is over and then you are ok with it or you are not.
Now if these officers had used their firearms to defend themselves and they were well within their rights to do so the people would be screaming about an old lady being killed.
It is amazing how much people hate the “P.I.G’s” until they need one.
Pride Integrity and Guts is what I was taught it stood for.
Maybe we should just disband the Police and see if anyone miss them, my guess is they would.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Mudman21

took a more aggressive posture in her bed

LMAO .. funniest police report ever..

I can't think of any justifiable reason to taze an old lady, it could have stopped her heart easily.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Just because the lady may want to engage in a death match does not mean the officers will. And it is possible for an accident to happen and have an officer stabbed, remember even monkeys fall out of trees. Their actions kept them out of harms reach and gave the old lady a chance to continue her life, the medications could have made her that way.
After getting the other side of the story I am satisfied the old lady got tased, all parties will survive.
Plus say 20 years ago tasers were a thing that most cops didn’t have and only read about them in magazines. Back in those days the old lady would have tried to close the gap on the officers and they would have fired bullets at her, not wires.
Suicide by cop is the term.

A DEATH MATCH....OFFICER SAFETY??......SHE WAS 86 FFS!!

[edit on 25/6/2010 by Argyll]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mudman21
reply to post by Marked One

If the El Reno article is true (which I have doubts that it is due to it's inconsistencies) and this woman was trying to commit suicide, wouldn't there be a better tactic to disarm her then to deprive her of oxygen and then tazer her twice? Couldn't they just take their baton and knock the knife from her hand. Couldn't they try the humane way and try to talk her down.

Remember, we are talking about an 86 year old bed ridden elderly woman. Not a 25 year old martial arts expert back from SEAL training.

Of course there are better tactics. I myself know how to rip a knife out of somebody's hand. Could they have knocked the knife from her hand with their baton? Perhaps. But that doesn't mean she's going to drop it w/o her arm getting smashed and broken with the baton. As for talking her down? They may have done that and it didn't work. I don't know for sure though because I wasn't there to witness it myself. And if it is indeed the case that she was suicidal? I'm more than willing to bet she has a history of authorities visiting her home for that. These things happen.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Mudman21

Police report... they claim she had a knife and was threatening to use it like she killed japs in WWII. But she was bed ridden, don't know how much damage could be done. Seems medical personel should have been allowed the opportunity to see her first.

www.scribd.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
"wrote in his police report that he did so because the old woman "took a more aggressive posture in her bed"

If this story wasn't so sick, that line would be utterly hilarious. What sort of a coward could look at himself in the mirror every morning knowing he tased an 86 year old woman let alone write that in his police report? This cop must lack any level of dignity or self respect. Where I come from a man would hang his head in shame at bumping into an 86 year old by accident, let alone tasering her while she was laying in her bed.

Let's look at this realistically. Police officers are trained to handle suspects. In most cases their given more gear then a Navy Seal, wear bullet proof vests and travel in teams of at least two. Yet this cop still manages to feel threatened by a bed ridden 86 year old woman? The officers couldn't have stepped back and waited for medical personal to arrive? They couldn't have diffused the situation by talking to her or waiting for her to calm down? They couldn't have allowed the grandson, neighbors or other relatives to approach the woman?

This is pure cowardice plain and simple and we see more and more of it every day. Police officers shooting little kids in the head because they had a toy gun in their hand, cops jumping to conclusions and assuming that a cell phone is a pistol. Police beatings where six cops thump a guy while he's on the ground and claim he was struggling. Blatant executions such the NYC subway shooting last year. It's quickly becoming an us versus them scenario and it's not going to end well for either side. Chalk all these incidents up to bad training, lack of knowledge or whatever you like but in the end these cops are poor examples of police officers, poor examples of men and women and even poorer examples of human beings. Personally I fail to understand how any man could stand by and watch something like this happen rather then grab the nearest weapon and put those cops in their place.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Koco.com has covered it. Good for them.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by m khan

Unfortunately I have no living Grandmas, but if I did I would hope if she was trying to kill herself the cops would use a less than lethal weapon to disarm her rather than shooting her.
Officer safety first is what police teach, if you are not alive you cannot help anyone.
I am sure there has to be at least one person on this board that has been in a life threatening situation but as this is the internet it is the default that everything said here is a lie. Just so you know things change when you get put into a life threatening situation, every time it happens your feet get chilly you start to feel sick to your stomach and you question everything you do, until it is over and then you are ok with it or you are not.
Now if these officers had used their firearms to defend themselves and they were well within their rights to do so the people would be screaming about an old lady being killed.
It is amazing how much people hate the “P.I.G’s” until they need one.
Pride Integrity and Guts is what I was taught it stood for.
Maybe we should just disband the Police and see if anyone miss them, my guess is they would.
Haven't you heard? The cops are not supposed to help you anymore. They are not here to protect you or to help you but to protect the establishment from you. Officer safety is a joke. They want the police to be more brutal. They want Nazi police. They don't want them to get slowed down worrying about hurting old people. In some places they are telling people to buy guns because the police are severely understaffed, Who needs police. Obama wants an army of 15 year olds, they take orders better, to make a civilian army to keep us all in line.

Saying that she wants to die doesn't mean she was about to kill herself. You probably haven't ever been in a convalescent hospital. People say that a lot. But they don't mean it. They just mean that they are miserable and unhappy. What would you say to 10 police who push in your door and indicate that they want to taser you? What would you say to them? Get out of here comes to mind. Leave me alone. Stepping on here Oxygen probably wouldn't help either. Then they got away with incarcerating her as mental. These officers were the crazy ones if they thought their behavior were acceptable. How do you justify defending these monsters?

They saw an opportunity to taser an elderly person. Now WE have an opportunity to let them know what we think of them.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Yes, death match due to a knife being used in said event I felt I would have a hard time calling said incident a flower exchange.
Officer safety yes. Permit me to explain this to you.
If you are being shot at from an unknown location would you….
A. stick your head out and look for a shooter or
B. Try to find the position of said shooter by using another method say like a mirror.?
The A choice would be reckless whereas the B choice would have the most possibility of keeping you safe from harm.
Personally I like B a lot more than A, but if you need to be the macho type A personality to be a Peace Officer that would suggest you would need no sissy taser and just shoot the crazy old lady.
Now for the lady in question being 86 years old.
Have you read any of the disclaimers on A LOT of the medications that are being dispensed like PEZ from the medical community?
The side effects are a huge scope anywhere from suicidal thoughts to ritual goat sacrifice with anal seepage.
That compounded with a “crazy” lady can be quite lethal.
Have you never heard of the story of the Mother pulling a car off of her child?
Adrenaline can make you strong. PCP is a testament to that.
But I believe my reasoning will not reach you so I will have to say we will have to agree to disagree with our opinions.
Now lets collaborate to fix the real problem and find a way to right this world and end hate or suffering of any kind.
I am not the macho type by no means. I once was but as you can see from my signature I truly understand who I am now, and I am good with that.
This gentleman has a wonderful message and I believe if we listened to him and implemented his ideas we could make the world a better place.
Peace.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by m khan

If someone suggested that Officer Safety were not talked about heavily not only in the academy and in the active environment I would know beyond the shadow of a doubt they knew nothing of Police work.

And said officer’s policy of Officer Safety kept not only him and his coworkers safe but it protected the old lady from holes and broken bones.
As you stated they aren’t supposed to help anyone but it seems they did though.
These people were inside of a house or apartment, I suggest if an officer truly was the “Bad Guy” they could have killed both the lady and the young man and justified it.
Maybe they aren’t the crooked cop you see too much of on tv.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter

Originally posted by blupblup

"Boo hoo, I'm a cop and everyone hates me and wants to shoot me." No freeking wonder.

Now folks if that was your mother or grandma what would you have done just stand around or do something about it . I know what i would have done .

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Dude what planet are you from!?!?!

These cops tased a sick old lady in her medical bed while she was strapped to oxygen.

I'm glad you don't have to face your grandmothers, and I'm sure they are too.

I can understand you not having respect for a fellow human being but you need to be taught some manners and learn to respect your elders, you sound like a punk Nazi.

And the day they disband the police is the day crime stops in America. You can tell that to your daddy.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Izarith]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by PS3Geek

Originally posted by Nutter

Originally posted by blupblup

"Boo hoo, I'm a cop and everyone hates me and wants to shoot me." No freeking wonder.

Now folks if that was your mother or grandma what would you have done just stand around or do something about it . I know what i would have done .

I plead the Fifth Amendment on what I would do if that were my Grandmother.....

But I will say that Cops need the fear of men put back in them......

YouTube

Maybe then they will not feel so threatened by old bed ridden grandmothers strapped to oxygen.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Izarith]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
There's more to this, a lot more.

I can easily believe that the police lose control when arresting a suspect and beat him to a pulp, but I have a hard time believing that 10 officers would taser an old lady twice in her own bed and then commit her to a psych ward for 6 days without a good reason.

In the meantime, Godwin's Law applies for all subsequent posts.

I dont care what happened, unless that old lady have a gun she should never have been tazed. I am so amazed when people take the side of the police in a cray over the top case like this. If she is crazy and dangerous you get enough cops to restrain her, you dont taze her.

WTF is wrong with people anymore?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Ummm something is fishy here.

We're not getting the whole story.

"as many as ten cops", I doubt it.

I'd like to see this story from some other more "official" sources.

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder more hate for the Five-O?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Edit: I guess I should read the story before commenting...

Well said Wolf321, you make a valid point.

(I'm still going to be cautious around old people, you never know which ones are crazy...)

[edit on 26/6/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Unless 86 year old bed bound granny had a firearm, blowgun, or pet attack rattle snake she was no threat. Not to mention, this was in HER OWN HOME. Also, a virtual police swat team wasn't request, but paramedics for a medical emergency. No excuse here, serious punishment should come to the police involved.

Cops everywhere think that because a tazer is supposed to be less-than-lethal, and its a cool new toy, they can employ it virtually anywhere. That is as asinine as the idea of letting concealed carry holders brandish their weapons when people look at them funny. Unless they have some drawn out premeditated plan for murder, cops get away with virtually anything. Now they even want it to be criminal to film them doing their jobs because they wont be able to get away with as much.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join