It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a breakdown of the muslim threat to the west

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Very indepth and inlightening, those appointments are just another example of the ignorance of the majority of people, and of the hatred for this country by these people in charge of our security,makes me sick to think of.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This world really got screwed up when religion was introduced.

I don't care what religion you worship ... you're only contributing to the division of human beings.

It's the same concept as being "liberal" or "conservative". There is no "right" or "wrong" ... only a difference of opinion.

Area Muslims right? Are Christians wrong? Are Jews right? Are Buddhist wrong?

Let me answer that: THEY'RE ALL WRONG!

Because the only function they serve is to separate themselves from others. Until we come to the realization that we're all HUMAN BEINGS then there is no hope for mankind.

Sure, Muslims may have their own strict laws that seek to advance their culture and spread it across the world ... but how is that any different than Capitalism?

[edit on 25-6-2010 by tyranny22]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Has the thought ever passed your mind that God sent Islam to the west because the west has become so incompatible with God? As A Christian, I can't say I need Islam. Got all I need from Christ. However, looking at many I know, maybe a little influence from Islam is the best for them to reflect into their own faiths.

I'm Christian. Period. Not going anywhere else. Jesus is my homeboy. But I cannot deny the fact that there are things to learn for the average American from Islam.

And yes, there are secular Christians. Most Americans are. Thus the introduction to something new, like Islam, may encourage them to look at their own faith.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Yeah, those "muzzies" and their Qur'an are terrible. There's nothing in Christianity that horrible...o wait:

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.godhatesfags.com... (because these extremists represent all Christians, right?)

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12)

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15)

All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9)

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13)

But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21)

Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants. (Isaiah 14:21)

"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told." (Ezekiel 9:5-7)

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2)

The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." (Luke 12:47-48)

And by the way...

Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loveth not transgressors. (The Noble Quran, 2:190)

But if the enemy incline towards peace, do thou (also) incline towards peace, and trust in God: for He is One that heareth and knoweth (all things). (The Noble Quran, 8:61)

If thou dost stretch thy hand against me, to slay me, it is not for me to stretch my hand against thee to slay thee: for I do fear God, the cherisher of the worlds. (The Noble Quran, 5:28)

God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (The Noble Quran, 60:8)

And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for God. But if they desist, then let there be no hostility except against wrongdoers. (The Noble Quran 2:193)

My point? Stop cherry-picking passages and ideas to support a bigoted agenda. It just looks stupid because it can be done for anything and everything.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Tsuki-no-Hikari]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Please dont give me that crap, especially about the massacres and such in bosnia, I was born in Bosnia, I lived through the war in Bosnia, and to say that the muslim population of the country was massacring everyone else is a god damn blatant lie, and you and every damn muslim-basher out there know it. The war was started by serbs, christians(orthodox). of course Croatia was also involved but they got pulled into it. All sides had a part in it but dont give me the crap about the muslims killing the 250,000+ people that died in the war. We(muslims) were the ones targeted in that war, the serbs aimed to ethnically cleanse bosnia from all muslims, you might remember the massacre at Srebrenica where 8000+ bosnian muslim men and boys were killed in July of 1995. Who executed them, why the serbs of course. please take your hate speech to a white supremacist/neo-nazi/skinhead(whichever you prefer) website.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Here are similar quotes from the Bible. Seems it isn't so different from the Qu'ran.

"And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air" Genesis 6:7

"You will chase your enemies, and they shall fall by the sword before you. Five of you shall chase a hundred, and a hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight; your enemies shall fall by the sword before you. For I will look on you favorably and make you fruitful, multiply you and confirm My covenant with you. You shall eat the old harvest, and clear out the old because of the new." Exodus 34:11-18

"No one who has been emasculated by crushing or cutting may enter the assembly of the LORD." Deuteronomy 23:1

"The LORD said to Moses, "Take all the leaders of these people, kill them and expose them in broad daylight before the LORD, so that the LORD's fierce anger may turn away from Israel." Numbers 25:4

"I will give the dead bodies of the host of the Philistines this day to the birds of the air and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel." 1 Samuel 17:47

"I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, she must be silent." 1 Timothy 2:12

"Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." Exodus 22:18

“This is what the Lord Almighty says... ‘Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’” 1 Samuel 15:3

This was just with a cursory search. We have genocide, sexism, murder, and prejudice. How is this any different than your quotes from the Qu'ran? Keep in mind, I'm atheist, so I'm not favoring Islam, just showing you that you are bigoted.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by deccal

Originally posted by Gakus

If Islam is such a religion of peace, why is it every country which adopts it are so violent?

Look at my post second above. If we will compare like this, World war II was JUST 60 years ago. And then, the wars of U.S started everywhere around the world...
Islam is 1400 years old and Christianity about 2000,

AGAIN: world war II was 60 years ago. How many people died?

The aggression in muslim countries, except some jihadists, now are not based on religion, it is about money. In fact, the war of jihadists, whom are called terrorist, is also a war on recognition and having a proportion from global capitalist market.
But I know, it easy to think and type and label in simplictic terms , although the world affairs and contradictions that shaping in front of your eyes are much more complicated

[edit on 25-6-2010 by deccal]

The US didn't get involved in WWII til we were attacked.

The main difference between America and the middle east? We kill in the name of our country, they kill in the name of a god.

America has had problems with the middle east as far back as our history goes. They use to pirate our trade ships, we fought back now we are called evil?

Really don't feel like debating this topic sorry friend, after so many times it just becomes to dull to focus my attention towards.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsuki-no-Hikari

You are blaming all for the acts of a few... from the past. congrats. you are now no more innocent than the OP.

Also. I can switch what you said about Christianity and Islam and no one would know the difference.

The hate in both faiths is equal. It only matters who proclaimed it wrong in the end.

In the end. Jesus proclaimed the barbarianism of the past obsolete.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

He isnt blaming anyone, just merely pointing out that the OP's arguments are flawed and ignorant.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

You completely missed the point >_>

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by b0sanac

I can write the same about Islam. A view the single only factor in Christianity different in that the main village man, Jesus, simply flat out said that past barbarianism was needed in barbaric times, but there is a new era now that is not needing barbarianism. For it was wrong to begin with. Now is a peaceful time.

In the end, who is more free? Islam was once more free. It once taught the highest level of freedom in its time. From women to slaves. Freedom. But the modern era is different. And who acts more free in the modern times? As far as I can see, Westerners. And who influenced those first proclaimers of it? As far as I can tell, Greek and Christian writing.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Now now folks you have to remember that Muslims have been at war with the west for centuries. Like the op mentioned the US navy and marines were created due to the Barbary pirates. Then you also must remember the Ottoman Turks war with Vlad Tepes. Vlad kept the Turkish empire from overrunning Europe. Not to mention the siege of Vienna.
en.wikipedia.org...
So we dismiss the myth of peaceful Islam in-light of historical facts. And no I am not saying that the west is 100% right on how they are going about things now, but we cannot dismiss the expansionist desires of various Islamic leaders today. So many of you complain about the suppression of knowledge by western leaders, yet you right off acts by Islamic groups to eradicate non-Islamic history in their lands. Remember the statue of Budda that the Taliban destroyed? They were just heathen idols.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Gakus

I didnt mean America fought in WW2, but a 100% christian population fought each other.
Now, what I am trying to say, the violence now you witness in islamic countries are not because of islam, but it is a war on mutual recognition and money. Just like ww1 and ww2. There is no act of violence purely based on religion. The crusades did act also on the base of christianity but it was because they were poor, under developed with regard to muslim countries.
I am just trying to push you to think more broad.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster
Complete junk that is akin to the rubbish the Nazis where spewing about the Jews before WW2.

This "survey" of countries and the link between various social disorders and Muslims is simplistic at best... Bigoted, hate fuelled and twisting of data to suit an agenda in my opinion.

Sadly, all too often, bigots (or those with an agenda) will formulate an opinion and then search for the data to back it up.

This is all to do with dehumanising a large segment of the world’s population in order to make it more palatable to wage war on them.

What he said ^^

I find it sad that anti-Islamic sentiments still remain.

They probably still think muslims did 9/11 too.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsuki-no-Hikari

Most of what you posted from the bible I don't exactly see very wrong in.

Slaves showing respect? That is different from submission. Not to mention the slavery of the 1800s Americas is different from the slaves of Old Rome. The Americans treated blacks as animals. The Romans treated slaves as respectable slaves. Even the stoics write that no man should show a slave any different than an emperor.

Basically, Slaves that show respect eventually win equableness with their masters. That is how many slaves were freed. Gladiator pretty much shows that, in the little historical accuracy it had.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Anyway, as I read the posts, I (for the 500th time) realized that this will go nowhere. Some people will simply never try harder and try to think critically about theirselves and the world. It is too easy not letting your mind work hard.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
totally agree with the OP/.
islam sucks.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I never said that Islam doesn't have flaws and what not, but the fact that the OP was cherry-picking certain quotes and ignoring the ones that explain the said quotes to fit his twisted agenda. Also, please when you think "Muslim" don't automatically assume "Arab". Because they are two very different things. For example most people have the misconception that all Arab culture = Muslim, certainly not the case there are more than few non-Arab Muslim countries. I am european, yet I was born a muslim. In my home country I have all the freedom I could ever want, I can date whoever I want, I can go out whenever I want, for as long as I want, I can drink and smoke. My point is that not all Arab customs apply to all muslims. After all we're not all cloaked desert dwellers.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bc010101

Two points are complete bunk here. Muslims do protest the killing of innocents. You don't see it in the media, because that is not the media's agenda. Google "Muslims protest 9/11"; tons of results.

The number of Muslim women who don't go to school or work is incredibly small. Do you know any Muslims? Even in Saudi Arabia women are allowed to work (albeit in only a few professions. Every Muslim woman I know is either in school or working.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Here's some questions for the OP:

What do you think of Israel?
Was 9/11 an Israeli-Mossad Inside Job?
If Islam is the Disease is Zionism the Cure?

Seems like just another brainwashed nut spewing more hate against a community. In the last 100 years we've had it on BLACKS, Then JEWS, now Muslims.

Pathetic.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join