It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sir Lord Legend Paul McCartney proclaims WE NEED DISASTERS LIKE THIS from his throne of skulls

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Source

The Beatles legend said: "Sadly we need disasters like this to show people. Some people don't believe in climate warming - like those who don't believe there was a Holocaust.

*ahem* I promise to refrain from using vulgar language during this post as it will violate the terms and conditions of this forum.

Ok, so.

*SNIP*

That didn't work. Let me try again. *ahem*

Apparently, we need an event like this. An event that was obviously orchestrated to deliver the level of impact that it has. BP made little to no effort to clean up the spill, and they continue to mess up and cry "oops". Recently it has been revealed that BP has it's own lingo as well. Including "Ponies & Balloons". Which is defined as the process of being forewarned of an incoming official and/or press event, where the workforce is momentarily increased 80% in order to provide an illusion of responsibility and competence. This practice ensures that costs are kept to a minimum.

Now, you may be also wondering how the spill relates to climate change. And you'd be absolutely correct in scratching your head and crying internally at the mental anguish of making a direct correlation. It may be impossible.

And you may also be wondering what the holocaust has to do with climate change. And you'd be absolutely correct in making the connection that the BP spill is like a holocaust for roughly a third of America. It's destroying nearly everything in it's path, intentionally. However, Sir Lord The Legend Paul McCartney has equated the holocaust deniers to the climate deniers and not to the BP spill. So, we can't even make that connection either, based on his comments.

This is beyond appalling. In fact, I'd call it apPAULing. Yes. A brilliant pun. You're welcome.

I officially dislike the Beatles. And I'm not sure that this thread needs to discuss the fake Paul conspiracy, as it's irrelevant. Due to the fact that I didn't like the old one either.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by patmac]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
"But tomorrow may rain so, I'll follow the sun"......Peace

P.S. You know anyone speaking from a thrown of skulls has got to be a bad ass....I mean I like peace and no better reason to keep it then a thrown of skulls.....am I right?

Peace

[edit on 24-6-2010 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Oh God. what can be said?
The Beatles and Paul. There's a timely reference for ya! If it were 1965 that is! PLEASE SPARE US!
No this is not a constructive response, just a fed up with nonsense one!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Wtf does the bp oil spill have to do with global warming rubbish, lol.

Also we know the holocaust happened as humans are trash and the leaders want to kill anyone they want, wtf does that have to do with bp oil spill.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Well...he has a right to his opinion no matter how wrong it is.

The BP disaster has NOTHING to do with global warming...it does relate to "alternative energy" though. And the only thing Obama has said about this BP disaster is that it shows we have to move to alternative energy...which everyone on ATS should be excited about right....RIGHT? Don't I see threads all the time about how they are suppressing alternative energy technology to stay on oil??? So shouldn't everyone be happy that this may be a push in the right direction for alternative energy???

But you have the people here on ATS and in the media that take what Obama says...about having to look into "alternative energy" and say this is Obama trying to push his "Energy Plan"...and then they equate that with "Cap and Trade"...and the talk of "Alternative Energy" is DROPPED from the discussion because they have succesfully got you angry over "Cap and Trade".

Let's focus people...Obama isn't going to take policy advice from McCartney. He has already stated that this shows that we need to look to alternative forms of energy...which we do.

This disaster is bad enough without trying to distort what is being said.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This reminds me of that post on here yesterday...The Oil Spill is a Good thing.

Yes...sure...we NEED disasters to kill thousands if not millions of people and animals,, not to mention our ocean and plant life just to remind people of...just to make a POINT.

A point the vast majority of people ALREADY get but have no control over.

Yes...we NEED innocents and more of our planet to die because a handful of crooks and greedy degenerates are never held accountable and are above all laws and all reason and do as they wish, against all advice and public outcry. Who have the propoganda machines in their pockets.

So what's the end result? The death and destruction continues AND we have the innocents dead. Yes. Brilliant, Sir Paul.

No. We as humans are equipped with common-sense, intelligence, and knowledge. We know better. We can do better. We just can't fight this on their terms.

To make a statement like this is just irresponsible. He would be better advised to focus his mouth where the focus belongs.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I believe I was in the 4th grade when the Beatles made their big American debut. I didn't care for them then if for nothing else than everyone else was so ga-ga over them. That said, Sir Paul is a good 10 or more years older than I so I'm gonna go out on a limb and defend him. You see, it's not easy getting old. The mind may not be the first thing to go, but go it does. In other words, Sir Paul is getting a little senile. Just give him a glass of warm milk and turn him towards his bed.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Seriously these public figures need to shut their compromised holes.

To equate Global warming (or the lack of it) to the eventual global warming effects of this oil volcano/spill is ridiculous and I've seen comments from other figures that equate this disaster with the need for a carbon tax to allegedly prevent problems like this from happening in the future is beyond ridiculous.

Makes me wonder if this wasn't done on purpose to punish people for not supporting the carbon tax

[edit on 24-6-2010 by star in a jar]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I'm going to defend him. We had an oil embargo back in the '70s that crippled the economy. Gas lines, rationing, the whole nine yards. What did we do about it? Nothing. Our rate of foreign oil import went up. That was some 30yrs ago. If we had spent a fraction of what we have waging wars on developing alternative energy maybe we wouldn't need to be in a 'drill-baby-drill' frenzy.

But I believe he is correct in one sense. We do need disasters like this to finally motivate us to do something about it. Maybe when the cost of the damage and cleanup are tallied it will be financially more appealing to develop alternatives to oil. If only we had those 30yrs back.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
What does that 'snip' think he knows about 'snip' in 'snip'?

OMG! I couldn't do it either! Sir(?) Paul apparently breeds vulgarity amongst some of us, when 'snip' like that comes out of him.

I certainly am glad he is not a teacher anyway (he isn't one, right?).

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by patmac

Bite Tounge, Bite Toungh..... He supports Obama apparently all those years of drug use has effected his ability to rationize and think...

Eat a frickin Burger Paul.... Potein Meat protein good for the brain...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
This statement was made for the celebrity-worshiping masses. Not us.

What Sir McCartney thinks is of little importance in the final analysis, so - blame the media for selling us on the notion that it is.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Does Ozzy Osbourne know that Sir Paul McCartney has a throne of skulls? I think he might be a bit jealous! Still that was a hilarious mental image, I picture him in his outfit from Sgt. Pepper's as he sits on it too.

Seriously though wow, who was it that said "the wrong two Beatles died first"? As much as I like McCartney I really can't picture John Lennon or George Harrison saying anything this out of touch.

Hey Paul, if you really do want to help the world out and do something constructive how about a benefit concert on the Gulf Coast to raise money for those being put out of work by this disaster? I saw he was charging about the cost of a BMW for front row tickets to his tour this summer, how about putting that kind of moneymaking potential into something useful instead of just shooting your mouth off?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Just to clarify...is he saying this from his grave? He is just bones.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Oh Dear. I think Macca needs to lay off the acid! Climate change and Oil spill/leak/catastrophe are in know way even remotely conceivably connected. I bet if John the Legend was alive he wouldn't be talking garbage like this!

To add better than skulls

www.madeofawesome.net...

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Haha! You get a S+F for that title alone.

Throne of skulls, ROFLZ that is great.

WE, absolutely NEVER need a disaster like this, and as this drags on I get the distinct impression this was all planned. "Never let a good crisis go to waste" amirite?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Just goes to show you that years of drug use really does play on the mind.

Perhaps Mr. Paul...sorry does not deserve the Sir title, would do well to remain on his throne of skulls or better yet, go on over to the GOM, roll up his sleeves and see if it's a good thing or not.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Rich man like that can probably afford some acid that is way too 'good' to be droppin' with regularity!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Holocaust, global warming and BP spill are all exactly the same thing - they are BS events created, politicized and televised by the controller scum for a particular intended result - I think he has clearly made his point - he supports the scum.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
While I certainly disagree with what Paul has said (hey I'm probably one of the biggest 'climate change deniers' there is
) it doesn't change how I feel about his music.

Heck, if I refused to listen to music or watch actors on tv because their beliefs were different to mine, I'd never be interested in anyone who smokes, supports the labour party, eats meat, doesn't like dogs... the list is endless.

Let the guy have his opinion. We are all entitled to them.

*tappy shuffles off to listen to her 'Press to Play' cd...*

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join