Something about this scares the hell out of me and it's Not about BP.
I agree 100% what this fellow Coonass is saying and applaud her research. But look at the website she is a member of right there on the podium.
See in the video, the Gulf Emergency Summit that she is speaking at? Go there and look at the video below hers.
There is a lady Cindy who is advocating that Socialism would have caused this problem to be fixed before it started.. no oil spill. See the 2nd video
I think that statement sends the wrong message.
If you click the link "Latest Actions" you will see the following list of "demands"
1) Stop oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico . Full compensation, retraining, and new employment for all affected.
2) Immediately end use of dispersants. Fund all necessary scientific and medical research on human and environmental impact of dispersants and make
public all findings. Immediately begin remediation of damage caused by dispersants.
3) The government and entire oil industry must allocate all necessary resources to stop and clean up the blowout gusher, prevent oil from hitting
shore, protect wildlife, treat injured wildlife, and repair all devastation. Full support, including by compensation and a major public works program,
must be given to peoples’ efforts on all these fronts and to save the Gulf.
4) No punishment to those taking initiative independent of BP and the government to protect the environment and public health; no gag orders on people
hired, contracted, or who volunteer. Those responsible for this crime against the environment and the people should be prosecuted.
5) Full mobilization of scientists and engineers. Complete transparency and disclosure of all information and documentation, including scientific and
technical data, concerning every aspect of this disaster.
6) Full compensation for all losing livelihood and income from the disaster.
7) Immediately provide all necessary medical services to those suffering direct and indirect health effects from the oil disaster. Immediately
protect the health of and provide all necessary equipment for everyone involved in clean up operations. Full disclosure of medical and scientific
studies concerning the impacts of the oil disaster. "
Number 1, I semi agree with except he doesn't give any clue as how the Government is going to: give "new employment for all affected"
Most people are split on the stopping drilling oil issue. Wouldn't it have been better for them Not to make this # 1, and possibly re-word it to
reflect a short term ban for safety checks?
Number 2, I agree with. Number 3, "and entire oil industry". Most other oil companies are going to feel like, "Why should we take part in this..
we had nothing to do with the spill!"
4 through 7 I agree with.
The problem with the above is that it is counter productive to their cause of getting BP out of the picture and better people in who will do what's
I wonder of the lady from the main video agrees with all these demands or if she sees they may be shooting themselves in the foot.
I plan on writing these people a letter explaining my fears. I want this to succeed but I feel they could have a much better chance if the edit some
of these demands.
[edit on 25-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]