It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RED ALERT-Louisiana Woman Tells it like it is

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by OurskiesRpoisoned
Ponies and Balloon Act! What a circus!

I have total respect for this woman. She was the one that came out and said the fishermen were afraid of BP, and wouldn't talk to the press.

Because she had the courage to stand up for the truth, she receives unprecedented access to the under goings on. The underbelly. Good on her!

DISGUSTING! I'm pissed. The f%*king EPA is completely lying, hiding and manipulating the truth!

For example. May 25th TAGA data from EPA website: www.epa.gov...

Can someone explain to me how when you set a detection limit of .2 you get a reading of .03, which is below the detection limit??

Thanks for posting the video. She did a GREAT speech.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by OurskiesRpoisoned]

The EPA has no jurisdiction. This is why BP has told they to go bugger off. The Coast Guard is the ONLY Govt agency that has any authority out there, as far as i know.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OurskiesRpoisoned

So, you are saying this is Jesus' fault?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

Originally posted by nunya13
reply to post by elcapitano75

Do you know what "Media" means? It is the plural form of "medium" which means "in the middle; an intermediary; a bridge; an ambassador; a conduit".

But...the conduit's insulation is all busted up and the copper is turning green and oil is burning what is left of the good connections! (Wow, analogy works better than I thought).

IF you want the information to get to everyone...

Send the information by word of mouth and e-mail ONLY. We want this information to last as long as possible...

Not hand it to the people who will get rid of it.

Come on now.

How do you save youtube videos to put it up again when TPTB remove it?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsup

HOWEVER, what I am driving at are the rumors that corexit itself causes all sorts of horrible illness, cancers, organ failure etc. Now this may be because it changes the properties of the dangerous spill crap such that substances like benzene, H2S, etc lingers in the atmosphere and waters?

Well i'm not sure about all that but according to these documents these are the exposure limits permitted for the hazard rating to be considered LOW...

OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE LIMITS :
Exposure guidelines have not been established for this product. Available exposure limits for the substance(s) are
shown below.
ACGIH/TLV :
Substance(s)
Oil Mist TWA: 5 mg/m3
STEL: 10 mg/m3
Propylene Glycol
OSHA/PEL :
Substance(s)
Oil Mist TWA: 5 mg/m3
STEL: 10 mg/m3
Propylene Glycol
AIHA/WEEL :
Substance(s)

That's about a table spoon per m3...that's nothing!!!!

If 5 to 10 mg of this stuff per m3 is a low hazard just imagin what a plane fulls of the stuff dumped on the ocean surface is doing to the workers in the aria?

But aside from that what I gather about how this stuff works is all it does is brakes up the oil into tiny little parts that although can not be seen in the water due to their small broken up status can still retain heat and increase the temperature of the ocean.

If a storm hits all these tiny little pieces of oil can easily be picked up by a storm and dropped on land via a Mega hurricane.

So not only are the people going to be affected by the dispersant but they will also get the oil.

Using this stuff is suicide!!!

But as for the dispersant itself....

HUMAN EXPOSURE CHARACTERIZATION :
Based on our recommended product application and personal protective equipment, the potential human exposure
is: Low

Meaning 5 to 10mg per m3 is low, using this crap to flood the ocean is double damned crazy!!!!

I have been wondering about this and hoping someone who is knowledgeable could answer the question of exactly how/if corexit changes the properties of the spill pollutants. We know that 30% of the oil are volatiles that will evaporate off, but does corexit cause the oil ITSELF to atomize such that these dangerous substances never seperate, but rather change phase..evaporating, coming down in the rain, etc etc?

I'm sorry I can not answer that with certainty, but as far as I know corexit only brakes up the oil, it's all still in the water tho. But even if it did evaporate the oil by changing it's properties I don't see how turning millions of barrels of oil into something that evaporates is a good solution to an oil catastrophe...it will still have an effect on the aria right around hurricane season.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Thanks for the good words Kozmo.

I have realized this as well, and even if it costs me a life of homelessness, I will not contribute to corporate america furthering the slavery of my fellow man.

Yes, profits, that's all this is about. I find it very funny to see people filling up at the local BPs around here... Amazing!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I commend this lady for her independent research and for making efforts to save her community and her family. What surprises me is the content of so many posts regarding this thread. I am relatively new to ATS, but I have read hundreds of comments on a wide range of various topics. Regarding this specific topic, why are many of you so surprised by what this woman has to say? Come on, most of you are intelligent and know all too well that neither our government nor BP are being honest with any of us. Are any of you honestly impressed that the POTUS, from time to time, flies over the affected area? What information is he gaining by a "flyover"? Nothing! All he is doing is adding air polution to to an already polluted area. If the POTUS were really serious about understanding what is going on, he would be knee deep in crude, trying to find out the truth. My prediction: BP will be filing for Bankruptcy within 3-6 months. At that point the problem, the resolution and most importantly, the cost of the cleanup will be in our laps. "Sorry old chaps. We did the best we could."

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I work in the chemical industry and I am really curious how they had that much of the dispersent on hand ready to go. I read they were pumping millions of gallons of the stuff. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Come on! This is not a common chemical. How were they able to make all this so fast and transport it to the Gulf Coast? Has anyone looked into where this stuff is manufactured?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsup
Thanks for posting that on corexit bpg131313. However, I don't read anything in there that makes it out to be of the human risk that is getting portrayed everywhere (I am certainly not advocating it, but just asking). What am I missing, its listed as very low human and environmental risk?

[edit on 24-6-2010 by whatsup]

You're right to question everything, and it's great that you took the time to read through the MSDS. Here are some red flags that ought to be raised in people's minds when it comes to this substance:

1. You'll notice on page one it states, "Avoid breathing vapor." The woman in the video told of "bad air days". When this chemical off-gases, it is in vapor form. When concentrated highly enough to cause the "haze" that was mentioned in the video, there's the potential irritation of the respiratory tract, as mentioned on Page 2.

2. You'll notice on pages 1 & 2, that this chemical can cause irritation to the eyes, skin, and respiratory tract with prolonged exposure. They have been using this chemical since day one of the spill, and are continuing to use it to this day. I haven't been able to find the amounts they have been using per day, or cumulatively, but I can infer from the daily uses of this chemical that the people along the coast (and even inland to an extent) are being exposed to this routinely. This isn't acceptable.

3. You'll notice that it states on page 2, "Frequent or prolonged exposure with product may defat and dry the skin, leading to discomfort and dermatitis". This is similar in scope to what happens with people who routinely work with MEK. Your skin dries out and it hurts to bend your fingers. Now imagine that you've been being exposed to this stuff every day 24/7 since the spill.

4. On page 3, we're given warnings like, "Do not touch spilled material.", "Do not contaminate surface water.", "Do not take internally.", "Do not get in eyes, on skin, on clothing." Do any of those statements sound like something you'd intentionally expose your child, or loved one, to?

5. Page 4 is where things get really interesting. Notice that the STEL is 10mg/m3? A short-term exposure limit (STEL) is one that addresses the average exposure over a 15-30 minute period of maximum exposure during a single work shift. A ceiling limit is one that may not be exceeded for any period of time, and is applied to irritants and other materials that have immediate effects. Now there can be literally no question as to why it was mentioned above that personal protective equipment (PPE) must be used. These people down there are not directly being exposed to it unless they go down to the water and get into it, but they are indirectly being exposed through off-gassing.

6. This line really hurts (on page 4) "Based on our recommended product application and personal protective equipment, the potential human exposure is low." So they are telling us that if we're using this chemical as suggested and we're all wearing PPE (including respiratory and eye protection - Level B) our likelihood of exposure is low. What about those people down there with no PPE, walking around in that "haze"?

7. At the bottom of page 5, it's stated that, "No toxicity studies have been conducted on this product." I think it's safe to say that we now have a multi-state toxicity study underway right now and it hasn't been determined one way or another, to be non-toxic. When BP says that it's non-toxic, they can't back it up with the actual scientific data presented in the MSDS. They are lying.

8. Page 6 has this gem, "If released into the environment this material is expected to distribute to the air, water and soil/sediment in the approximate respective percentages; Air

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thunderbird1

For your first post I have to say.. very well done.. this was the most moving, inspiring, video I've seen in a very long time. Anyone who watches this video will or I should say, should be filled with a burning anger, a desire for extreme vengeance.. I cannot even express how angry it makes me, to hear "ponies in balloons" "cut cost" etc..

We knew it was happening, and we all know what she's saying is true.. I simply cannot believe after 66 days of complete and utter BS the GOVERNMENT has still not responded to the situation. They STILL let a corporation manage every aspect of the spill with very little oversight..

Any decent American with a conscience should be fuming mad over the response to this crisis, we should be demanding the resignation of every official, be it military or citizen, who should have or did respond to the crisis. We should be demanding all BP contracts in America be terminated, their US Assets should be crippled, and we should be targeting them with criminal negligence.

Through it all I still cannot wrap my head around the fact that BP, the one who caused the disaster, a corporation driven by PROFIT, is in charge of every aspect of the operation ... what the hell do we pay taxes for, if not to respond to emergencies that threaten the livelihood of our people and our land?? It's disturbing to say the least.. disgusting.. uhg.. I'll post this vid to everyone I know to get them as pissed off as I am.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Thanks bpg131313 and Izarith for taking the time to clarify! I must admit that I skimmed through the document, but you raise some excellent points (not obvious from a quick cursory reading).

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Through it all I still cannot wrap my head around the fact that BP, the one who caused the disaster, a corporation driven by PROFIT, is in charge of every aspect of the operation ... what the hell do we pay taxes for, if not to respond to emergencies that threaten the livelihood of our people and our land??

Well said. The way it was explained to me, it must remain in BP's control in order to keep them paying the bill. If FEMA or some other agency were to step in, then BP hands off the responsibility of cleanup to that agency. I agree that the government ought to step in, but not to take over. They need to step in with bayonets. The scope and magnitude of this spill is ever expanding. If subsurface breaches are true, we haven't seen the worst yet. It's just getting started.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
i realize this will still require a massive effort to clean up the oil and that irrevocable damage has already been done but i just was sent this from a friend at the University of New Brunswick in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada ... it's quite unbelievable and could be of enormous help

can someone please embed the video

nbbusinessjournal.canadaeast.com...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 24-6-2010 by raydio1]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I say there ought to be a firing squad whereby the souls of the pelicans covered in oil, and roasted to death in 100 deg heat, get to shoot every damn one of us - especially those rushing to drill for more oil! I am not feeling too good about being in the human race these days.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by whatsup]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Anyone remember when HiddenHand and the subsequent bloodlines insiders came over here, and dished out stuff about the coming harvest? This BP mess looks like an action to create negative polarity vibes.
Maybe they where all ripoffs or just paraphrasing the Ra Materials, nonetheless they had some sound messages.

At the end I'm not pissed about BP, Obama, etc. since the real problem is the sheeple, and their inability to act responsibly to the earth that is theirs.
Why I say this:
- Its the sheeple and not BP that use the oil every day. Pissed off? Carpool to work and spend 50% less on gas every week. As capitalist say your wallet is your ballot!
-Its the sheeple who forgot that the government is a public office, and that the many really have the power if they stop acting like irresponsible demanding babies.
-Its the sheeple who have let them selves succumb to an extreme, consumerism based ADD syndrome and cant think straight about things for more than a minute. Ohh not dead dolphins!.....Weeeeee new iPhone 4!!!
- As in Rome...panem et circensess [Bread and circuses]. Sheeple are more engaged in how annoying vuvuzela's are to the World cup games that the fact that a large chunk of the life giving ocean is turning into a cesspool. (and this is just one example out all the Screwed up things going on)

The only conspiracy is the peoples numb inability to act. Kudos to the heartless pirates and conspiracy masters on doing their neg polarity job so damn good. Its the sheeples fault, and if PlanetX/Asteroid/Pole inversion/Godzilla is coming to wipe us out, well he have it well deserved for not learning to be responsible.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nukez

Oh, yeah?

So, what would you do...if you were sheeple?

What if I never owned a car and don't know how to drive, then what?

Am I still to blame?

I'm about sick of the blame game. I'm trying to watch my decorum here, but it's getting hard.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I'm not sure how many readers of ATS trust stories posted on infowars.com, but there was one story in particular that I think ought to be given a fair look by the members of ATS.

ARTICLE

The things that strike me about this article follow:

1. A 200 Mile radius from the wellhead is being mentioned as a withdraw line. Meaning that everything inside that perimeter would be evacuated. What I find disturbing about this is that I already considered this to be likely once the seafloor breaches.

2. Three other chemicals are reported to be coming out of the well: hydrogen sulfide, benzene, and methylene chloride. The links (PDF) are to the MSDS's for those chemicals. Mix in those chemicals with methane and Corexit and you have soup I wouldn't want to be in under Level-B. Period.

3. The article discusses a permanent evacuation of a huge area affecting major cities like, "New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Mandeville, Hammond, Houma, Belle Chase, Chalmette, Slidell, Biloxi, Gulfport, Pensacola, Hattiesburg, Mobile, Bay Minette, Fort Walton Beach, Panama City, Crestview, and Pascagoula". Furthermore, "Greg Evensen, a retired Kansas Highway Patrolman, estimates that 30-40 million people would need to be evacuated away from the Gulf’s coastline (i.e. at least 200 miles inland)" We're talking a forced migration the likes of which we as a nation have never seen before outside of WWII.

I'm not sure how much I can trust the infowars site, or the article in general, but I will say this. If this article is factual, and the sources credible, we're in for a change in America unlike we've ever seen before.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
WOW, just now watched the clip and wow, I am in tears. Why? Only God knows why? I am now sad, angry and sick at my stomach. I hope those people in charge weather they be BP, OSHA, or the government or the banks; I pray to GOD everyone of them burn in eternal HELL. Sick, greedy, sadistic mother phuckers. When in Gods name when will the people rise up?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I wish people like this lady would run for positions in government.
Straight shooter.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
After having time to finally watch the video, there isn't much I can add.

Except, the major responsible parties, I hope I see them one day knocking up against the side of my boat in a body of water, gasping for air.

As anyone down here knows, reds are caught along the banks of marshes. These are not deep water fish, these are fish that are on the shallow end of the water along the marsh.

For those calling for her to become or be a politician. Let her remain where she is, without the taint of politics corrupting her honesty.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
For those calling for her to become or be a politician. Let her remain where she is, without the taint of politics corrupting her honesty.

Point taken. I wouldn't want her to ruin her life by associating with lower forms of species.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join