It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[MAP] Middle East map with June 23rd U.S. troop positions

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by charlie_the_loafer

That's one side of the coin - on the other hand the American public is so docile and ignorant it's been very clear that "we" won't stand against ANYTHING! The idea of Americans taking to the streets with guns and bats is proposterous (unless maybe they took away our TV and internet!)

I think the false flag in this case, if there is one, would be a supposed attack by Iran into Israel, which could SOOoo easily be faked. It would also be widely believed due to the American media's constant attacks on Iran the last 3-4 months.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein

Originally posted by spy66
Personally i dont think this is a build up to attack Iran. It is way to small. At least if you compare it to the build up before attacking Iraq in 2003.

I hope you're right. I don't get scared often but I gotta say I'm pretty worried about the significant change in troop levels in close proximity to Iran and proposed military support from Israel, USA, England, France, Germany, Saudi Arabia, maybe Turkey?

A attack on Iran would demand a much larger build up, Specially in Iraq and Saudi Arabia. Iran will engage in a full out war if they are attacked.

So far i have not heard of a significant build up or a preparation for such an attack done by the US in Iraq.

A significant build up of US forces in Iraq would probably be the first real sign of a attack on Iran. The second sign would be a large build up of US forces in Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia would probably be the main lunch pad for air strikes.

So far there is no sign of any Germany, UK and french military build up. Only political support. Saudi Arabia have not indicated that they will join in actively with military support.

I also don't think the US government have given a green light or clearance yet for a build up to attack Iran.

A preparation like this would demand a offishall clearance. A attack of this scale would never come as a surprise. It would be obvious and in the news.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
They could just be setting up a blockade all around Iran stopping all incoming and outgoing shipments of supplies, disrupting Iran's economy until things get so bad they are forced to see things the American way. That's probably the most diplomatic solution to what they could possibly be doing there...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

I am wondering if any of the US tropes surrounding Iran at the moment have attack capabilities to engage Iran? At least non of the ground forces have.

The 13 ship fleet might have a attack capability initially, but would be sitting ducks from Iranian's retaliation if they attack from within the Persian Gulf.

You think the government cares? I think they would LOVE IT if Iran sunk an aircraft carrier or two.

Nothing like 10.000 dead US soldiers and 4 billion dollar of equipment wiped out in a few minutes to stir up the warmongering from the average people and calls for a draft.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DJLateralus

Yeah that seemed to work pretty well with the cubans.

2nd

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
You know what will happen and why they've tried to evacuate Tehran a few months ago, under the guise of earthquakes.
The US will invade, get to Tehran and then sweet mother BOOM! They'll martyr the whole damn city!!!

I'd say 30,000 US troops will be vapourised.....

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by celticniall
I believe Iran has EVERY right to do whatever is necessary to ensure the USA do not get their way, no matter what.

Follow this line of thinking to see if you can comprehend the severity of the situation. If Iran gets nuclear capabilities they will destroy Israel. They have already admitted they want this. If they use a nuclear device the radiation could spread to Europe or Asia. This has the potential to kill millions if not hundreds of millions. Retaliation would occur against Iran either by the U.S. or an affected country. That radiation would take out most of the Middle East and could sweep into Africa. More millions of people dead.

It's called the greater good. Some people can not stomach or comprehend the fact that sometimes one life must be sacrificed to save a hundred. If I could give my life to save a hundred I would gladly. Just as I would take one to save a hundred.

Plus, I don't know about you, but if I get into a barfight with a group of guys (Iran, Syria, Lebanon) and my best friend (the U.S.) let me get whooped, you can guarentee if I survived that friend would be crippled for life and have not a friend in the world.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

If they use a nuclear device the radiation could spread to Europe or Asia. This has the potential to kill millions if not hundreds of millions. Retaliation would occur against Iran either by the U.S. or an affected country. That radiation would take out most of the Middle East and could sweep into Africa. More millions of people dead.

I think you need to study the REAL EFFECTS OF RADIATION AND NUCLEAR BOMBS.

Fact is, what the US forces in Iraq has done with DU is WORSE than what ten nuclear warheads would do in terms of radiation.

Millions dying because of radiation spreading around because of a nuke is UTTER BS.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by spy66

I am wondering if any of the US tropes surrounding Iran at the moment have attack capabilities to engage Iran? At least non of the ground forces have.

The 13 ship fleet might have a attack capability initially, but would be sitting ducks from Iranian's retaliation if they attack from within the Persian Gulf.

You think the government cares? I think they would LOVE IT if Iran sunk an aircraft carrier or two.

Nothing like 10.000 dead US soldiers and 4 billion dollar of equipment wiped out in a few minutes to stir up the warmongering from the average people and calls for a draft.

The real danger of this current mobilization is that Iran could be provoked to attack the US fleet. If Iran knows, or gets the impression that they will be attacked by the US in the next few months. Right now would be the perfect time for Iran to strike. Before the US is actually ready to strike.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Sanity911

Really!!!

I dont know if its a greater good to let Israel be wiped out or Iran. In my opinion Israel is a bigger risk and a threat in the middle east than Iran is. With our without nukes.

What Iran meant by seeing Israel wiped of the map, was that the middle east would be a lot better of if Israel didn't exist. It never meant that Iran was going to wipe out Israel.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Millions dying because of radiation spreading around because of a nuke is UTTER BS.

Go back to your pipe dream. Modern American and Russian nukes have contolled radiation blasts. You think a country building it's first nuke will have that capability?

Especially from a country who wants an entire country to vanish? They will make it as dirty as it comes.

The full effects of the radiation would not be immediately apparant, true. It could take decades for the full cycle to run it's course through poisoning and developing cancers. Maybe you should study the three types of radiation released by a nuclear device and what each is capable of.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
The second sign would be a large build up of US forces in Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia would probably be the main lunch pad for air strikes.
[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

Well, in another thread two people who claim to be in the military say they've received orders and are shipping out to Saudi Arabia this weekend. Of course, we have no way of knowing if those people are for real.....they might even be the same person. But if it is genuine......worrying.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I haven't been able to find any credible info on a U.S. carrier group [Eisenhower plus 11 other U.S. ships, and an Israeli ship] moving into the Persian Gulf. Mostly that info is coming from blogs and small sensationalist news sites.

Anyone have serious info on that?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
found out we also have troops in Armenia as well as a few one-country-away places like Jordan and Yemen. We truly have every inch of Iranian border surrounded...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
We truly have every inch of Iranian border surrounded...

Airborne Infantry was surrounded by Germans in Belgium
in 44 .... they survived and won. Don't count chickens.
You have no idea what alliances will be broken and
what new alliances will be forged in any given scenario.
Just because you are surrounded doesn't mean defeat.

That also was the case with Stalingrad and MANY others.

War is hell cause you can never calculate ALL
the variables.

Frankly I think it is a mistake to bomb Iran.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Now we can see the reason that Iran is arming itself to the teeth with any and all means necessary to defend itself against a Western aggressor, who's only goal is the destruction of Iran......

I believe Iran has EVERY right to do whatever is necessary to ensure the USA do not get their way, no matter what.

What gives the US the right to do that to any country?

What has Iran done directly to the US?

How is the existence of Iran having ANY affect on anyone in the US?

US bully boys at it again......

I have to agree with you.

They have always claimed that Ahmadinejad is a nut job looking for trouble. If he is as mad as they say then they have given him fuel for fodder.

So if he makes a preemptive strike then he looks like the bad guy and suddenly Israel and the US are the heroes in taking over Iran.

If he does nothing then they will keep pushing him and tightening the notch, backing him into a corner until he will have no choice but to resist.

You never want to push anyone into a corner with not way out.

Once a person feels they have nothing to lose, we all lose.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sanity911

Follow this line of thinking to see if you can comprehend the severity of the situation. If Iran gets nuclear capabilities they will destroy Israel. They have already admitted they want this. If they use a nuclear device the radiation could spread to Europe or Asia. This has the potential to kill millions if not hundreds of millions. Retaliation would occur against Iran either by the U.S. or an affected country. That radiation would take out most of the Middle East and could sweep into Africa. More millions of people dead.

It's called the greater good. Some people can not stomach or comprehend the fact that sometimes one life must be sacrificed to save a hundred. If I could give my life to save a hundred I would gladly. Just as I would take one to save a hundred.

Plus, I don't know about you, but if I get into a barfight with a group of guys (Iran, Syria, Lebanon) and my best friend (the U.S.) let me get whooped, you can guarentee if I survived that friend would be crippled for life and have not a friend in the world.

If you believe this then how can you condone Israel and the US holding Iran's' finger on the button?

They are making an aggressive move against Iran. What is Iran to do?

To use your own analogy. If two guys came up to you in a bar and started pushing on you, one in the front and one in the back, looking for a fight.

Would you stand there and get your arse whooped, or would you fight back?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I really have no idea what Ahmadinejad is like becuase the American media suppresses a lot and iran doesn't share a lot. There are a few things like this ridiculous idea of his that "In Iran we don't have homosexuals like in other countries"
but I don't know how bad off the people of Iran actually are. Ahmedinejad is a "holocaust denier" and is accused of a lot of executions and attrocities against his people, but it seems to be mainly due to Religious ideology and not madness or simply need for power - is he any worse than Cheney or Rumsfeld? (this is a question and not my belief of who he is, by the way)

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Thermo Klein]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
A picture's worth...yeah. Wow that looks ominous. How would you like to be Iran right about now? Lambs to the slaughter. They never had a chance. I hope what looks like is about to happen doesn't happen, that they're simply trying to intimidate. It would be a disastrous mistake. Beyond disastrous.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

And all that is surrounded by Russia and China. Both of whom are no doubt watching this and salivating.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join