It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[MAP] Middle East map with June 23rd U.S. troop positions

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Since the U.S. media (if you can call it that...
) refuses to tell people what's going on, I tend to let people know a few important things through Facebook. I marked some of the U.S. current, June 22-23, 2010 troop positions on a Middle East map and figured I'd post it here.

This is based on various articles I've read on ATS in the last two days (unfortunately I can't seem to access many of them now or I'd include the links!)

Anyone having proof/links that Germany and France are getting involved in the imminent U.S. & Israel war on Iran, please post 'em!

Edited to add Iraq - thanks CoffinMan
Edited to add Turkmenistan, Kuwait, Oman, and Turkey

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Thermo Klein]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
u left out iraq man...
but good OP

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
WOW!

Iran..........."you are surrounded, come out with your hands up"

Iran must be feeling the pressure or threat, the US has managed to put a noose around Irans neck.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by deepred]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Will you accept Debka file?
perhaps some Sorcha fal?
Seriosly i did read that the french and german navy will be partnering the sanctions part, with a few ships of their own.....

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Waiting to hear credible info on whether the Eisenhower is leaving the Gulf - being relieved by the Truman.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Is the Debkafile site working - concerning Iran massing at Northern border and declaring a state of war. Haven't been able to get onto it, and don't wanna cite the quote 'til I see it myself.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Bet all the important folks in Isreal are wiping their brows with the back of their hand exhaling a big loud pheeeeew. Anything to get the focus off how Isreal has been an ass as of late. Just to make it clear I am not stating thats why I think the US is going onto Iran just stating the convienance of it.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
It does seem to look bad for Iran. But it makes one wonder if we will pull forces from battle in surrounding countries to go directly into Iran.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sanity911
It does seem to look bad for Iran. But it makes one wonder if we will pull forces from battle in surrounding countries to go directly into Iran.

I'm wondering if the McChrystal situation has anything to do with the U.S. going into Iran and how Obama might be orchestrating troops/politics/drama?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
The US have also troops in Georgia, Kuwait and probably Yemen.

But they also have troops INSIDE IRAN.

They are called black ops troops, or commandos.

They are there since 2005. Financing and arming the resistance and mapping targets for the coming attack.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I never fully realized, i know its silly, how Iran is completely surrounded by US allies or countries like Iraq/Afghanistan.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
I'm wondering if the McChrystal situation has anything to do with the U.S. going into Iran and how Obama might be orchestrating troops/politics/drama?

A very valid point. I didn't even think about that. Going against a country as aggressive and uncooperative as Iran would require an entirely different set of tactics. It would definetly not suprise me if the entire McChrystal situation was indeed fabricated to have a better equipped person in place. Very good thought.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
I never fully realized, i know its silly, how Iran is completely surrounded by US allies or countries like Iraq/Afghanistan.

I think that's pretty common, especially in America! I added a few countries after doing research where U.S. bases are and noticed EVERY bordering country to Iran has U.S. troops and bases in it!!

I doubt we'd use the base in Oman or the one in Turkmenistan since both are already on the downward trend and political issues around both.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
The US have also troops in Georgia, Kuwait and probably Yemen.

But they also have troops INSIDE IRAN.

They are called black ops troops, or commandos.

They are there since 2005. Financing and arming the resistance and mapping targets for the coming attack.

ah yes the fake so called resistance like the one in the fomer yugoslavia the tricked they pulled to the world and even ATS believed it

The resistance is a not real resistance group but bunch of mercenaries.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Now we can see the reason that Iran is arming itself to the teeth with any and all means necessary to defend itself against a Western aggressor, who's only goal is the destruction of Iran......

I believe Iran has EVERY right to do whatever is necessary to ensure the USA do not get their way, no matter what.

What gives the US the right to do that to any country?

What has Iran done directly to the US?

How is the existence of Iran having ANY affect on anyone in the US?

US bully boys at it again......

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
You missed Bahrain, Qatar and Djibouti.

[edit on 6/24/2010 by bagari]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I am wondering if any of the US tropes surrounding Iran at the moment have attack capabilities to engage Iran? At least non of the ground forces have.

The 13 ship fleet might have a attack capability initially, but would be sitting ducks from Iranian's retaliation if they attack from within the Persian Gulf.

Personally i dont think this is a build up to attack Iran. It is way to small. At least if you compare it to the build up before attacking Iraq in 2003.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
Personally i dont think this is a build up to attack Iran. It is way to small. At least if you compare it to the build up before attacking Iraq in 2003.

I hope you're right. I don't get scared often but I gotta say I'm pretty worried about the significant change in troop levels in close proximity to Iran and proposed military support from Israel, USA, England, France, Germany, Saudi Arabia, maybe Turkey?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I have to admit that none of this feels right, and the troop numbers seem like a containment ring, in other words if an attack took place they are in position to contain Iran rather than attack it on the ground...

Alternativly it could be a defensive line in place around Iran in the same way the Maginot line was designed to contain Germany... IMHO opinion that is a bad idea since it provides a great target

Either way it really does appear, to one degree or other that we are heading for a conflict

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
NIce job OP.

I believe before anything happens they will need another 9/11 or something like that as the public is strongly against any action at the moment.

The so called nuclear threat or the Ben Laden hiding in Iran is not enough for anyone at the moment . For sure before anything happens they will try to justify it with something more convincing

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join