It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[MAP] Middle East map with June 23rd U.S. troop positions

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Most of you already know a lot of this but...

To help figure out national alliances in this potential global war, these are two good places to look...these are just starting points. And don't forget about South America...

Nations in the Non-Aligned Movement

The Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO)

For military firepower...

World Military Strength Ranking

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
doublepostsorry

[edit on 25-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Just remember, America has no military allies in this coming war (except Israel).
All those troops surrounding Iran are completely made up of US forces only.

Iran has very good friends in both Russia and China, and many militarily powerful middle eastern countries like Turkey are very strongly aligned with Iran.

When TSHTF, both America and Israel are going to have their hands full in the region being attacked on many fronts. It will not be just Iran alone involved in this.

My guess is American interests will eventually be driven right out of the whole region.

The oil producing countries will be unable to supply America with crude, even if they wished to. And with the massive Mexican Gulf oil leak, what is America going to use for gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, and heating oil ?

It won't be a case of $10 gas, or $20 gas, but strict RATIONING, or total unavailability at any price.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

Well...I shouldn't do this...but, there's always Chavez in Venezuela! Think about where he's coming down on this battle.

I think your assessment is pretty accurate. About the allies. The world hegemony may be about to change.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
What people seem to forget is this, "what happens when you corner or surround an animal"?

This could end up been an absolute nightmare scenario.
Also, whats to say a certain device or weapon isnt used to literally level the whole area and surrounding countries? Martyrs?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Well...I shouldn't do this...but, there's always Chavez in Venezuela! Think about where he's coming down on this battle.

I expect the US will have to invade and occupy Venezuela, to free the country from terrorism, you understand.

Russia will not like that either.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Neither will any of the other nations in the Non-Aligned Movement (see above). And they won't like it when we touch Iran too.

Someone mentioned Ahmadinejad earlier. I don't think people realize just how shrewd a man he is. Think about how he's deflected this maneuvering by the U.S./Israel/UN since he took office. He acts crazy, but it's crazy like a fox.

He's managed for 5 years to call world attention to what's happening there. And it's worked in neutralizing the threat to his country so far.

And Chavez is very much the same, and I maintain that anyone who looks at him or Chavez and dismisses them outright as crazy? Well they better think again.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I agree.
Americans seem to think they are the big dog in the world, that they are leading a vast army of allies in some sort of world crusade against terror.

But these days, many nations have nukes, and many nations have far shrewder leaders than the procession of fools, criminals, and clowns that pass through the White House.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

It's hard to remain objective, particularly when it's your own country involved. I try. I'm sure I get things wrong sometimes. But I do have it stuck in my head on how the world would align if an attempted takeover of Iran, for whatever reason, were to occur. Alliances are freeflowing particularly in this day and age. I'm not sure the leaders of any of the G20 countries are any less corrupt or immoral.

It's all about what's in it for them and the people who put them in office. And I believe there are subsets of the G20...globalists who believe in national sovereinty and globalists who don't, for example. In fact, I think Bush-41 and Bush-43 each fall into one of the camps in the example.

There are most definitely areas where they differ in culture or method. And there most likely is some in-fighting going on there.

That's why I see NAM as the quiet opponents of the way the G20 is attempting to divide and run the world, toppling nations 1 by 1, in a pretty clearly outlined order, by the way, give or take a problem or two...like Iran. I see NAM as the resistance.

Most of those who differ with the G20 know they are targeted. And the SCO is a security defense failstop for Central Asia and Asia. You might notice that a few of the countries belong to one or more of the G20, NAM, and SCO. Clever really.

So it seems pretty clear to me where the alliances would form. And by the way, a few of the countries in the G20 I'm almost certain would shift alliances under certain conditions.

Maybe I'm seeing things that aren't there, but I don't think so. I'm using it as a predictor, and if heaven forbid what we fear happens, I guess we'll see.

For me it's a much more simplistic and much more logical view. I long ago threw away the factors that I feel were used as divisors, propaganda, and tools. Things like outright lies and excuses, fear-mongering, slandering, and religion. I try hard to keep out the emotion that is so often attached to those things and focus on just what I see.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Well all the chess pieces are in place. In my opinion that whole 'scandal' with the rolling stone magazine and that general was faked so they have an excuse to pull him out of afganistan. Then he will be put in charge of the operation against Iran.
I'm just speculating here thought, I haven't looked in depth into it

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Nope. A chess piece just moved.

IRGC Navy’s reaction to inspection of Iranian ships to be very special

That's an interesting theory about McChrystal.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The idea being that they use media like they did in gulf war when they showed their ambhibious landing practices etc. They basically said in media how they attack then did something different. Using media is normal to them.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
In my opinion that whole 'scandal' with the rolling stone magazine and that general was faked so they have an excuse to pull him out of Afganistan.

He is a four star General, for heavens sake.
A guy to whom strategy, diplomacy, and tactics, are his bread and butter.

You don't go to the editor of some fringe publication, and say "off the record" I think my boss is an incompetent fool.
He never claimed he was mis quoted, he actually said all that stuff.
Maybe he was drunk, or completely stoned, but if he was, that is even more disgraceful.

All they had to do to pull him out of Afghanistan was to re assign him.
A quick sideways promotion, bury him in some dead end Pentagon office job, where he would never be heard from again.

The last thing the guy from Kenya would want right now, is to be seen sacking one of his top Generals out of pure ego and vanity.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
What I meant is that it was scripted so they have an excuse to take him out of afganistan. If they just transfer someone this high and important the Iranian intelligence would know instantly. Once the brilliant ploy would come to light after the operation has started then his repuation would be fully restored and the plan probably thought as 'genious' or something.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Any movement today?

I found these...little "warning" going out all over the place...to and from friend and foe alike.

WASHINGTON — The United States is warning Turkey that it is alienating U.S. supporters and needs to demonstrate its commitment to partnership with the West. link

The United States Friday warned North Korea against aggravating regional tensions after Pyongyang declared a no-sail warning for waters off its western coast. Similar warnings in the past have preceded North Korean missile tests. link

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sanity911
Follow this line of thinking to see if you can comprehend the severity of the
situation. If Iran gets nuclear capabilities they will destroy Israel.

..AND??? The world will be better off without Israel.

They have already admitted they want this. If they use a nuclear device the radiation could spread to Europe or Asia. This has the potential to kill millions if not hundreds of millions. Retaliation would occur against Iran either by the U.S. or an affected country. That radiation would take out most of the Middle East and could sweep into Africa. More millions of people dead.

And, if the US and allies continue to back Iran into a corner then Iran will have no choice but to defend itself. If the US and allies backed off, I'm positive that Iran would not attack any country with nuclear weapons. It is the US that is doing the poking, and sooner or later the Iran will bite..! And the US will only have itself to blame.

It's called the greater good. Some people can not stomach or comprehend the fact that sometimes one life must be sacrificed to save a hundred. If I could give my life to save a hundred I would gladly. Just as I would take one to save a hundred.

And who in the US/Europe or much anywhere in the world is Iran directly threatening to kill or attack? Americans are so stupid....this guy in Iran says something to wind the US up, and they ALWAYS take the bait....If you look up "stupid" in the dictionary there will be a pic of the USA...lol. Iran are not causing any threat to me or you? Unless I didn't get the email from Adminij...what's his name telling me he's gonna wipe me off the planet.

Plus, I don't know about you, but if I get into a barfight with a group of guys (Iran, Syria, Lebanon) and my best friend (the U.S.) let me get whooped, you can guarentee if I survived that friend would be crippled for life and have not a friend in the world.

You must be so proud to have such a friend as the criminal state of Israel.
If Israel didn't provoke their neighbours, overflying their airspace and bombing targets inside their borders and launching ops into their territory, not to mention trying to wipe out the Palestinian people, then they wouldnt have to worry about their neighbours.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Troop location update for your map.

Israel 'Plots Tehran Raid'

www.gulf-daily-news.com

MANAMA: Israel is massing warplanes in the Caucasus for an attack on Iran, it was revealed yesterday. Preparations are underway to launch the military attack from Azerbaijan and Georgia, reports our sister paper Akhbar Al Khaleej, quoting military sources.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
If it does happen then no one can place the blame on Bush. I would like to see how Obama sells this off.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by celticniall

I am not going to argue with you anymore. You bash my country and take sides with a terrorist nation whom the world has made every attempt to help. In my eyes you are a terrorist and you will be judged as such when the time comes.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleSecret

Israel setting up Saudi base for Iran raid?

www.msnbc.msn.com

An Iranian allegation that Saudi Arabia is allowing Israel to use its terroritory in preparation for attacking Iran nuclear sites has stirred a flurry of reports in the Israeli media.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join