It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is happening down there - and it's happening FAST

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Sits back awaits the fireworks as I SMH at the bi*** a**ness going on, this is such a shame the Earth will recover but its inhabitants I just dont know if its deserved.

[edit on 6/23/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This is really starting to worry me. I noticed that it was more of a reddish/orangish color this morning, and tried researching why.
Wondering when to pack it up and get out of dodge. I live minutes away from the coast
and this is making me just sick!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
But I in no way believe anything but oil, gas, and probably forms of sediment are coming through the pipe.

Your theory is solid, provided there are no breaches or ruptures in the pipe below the surface. If there are, the flow of oil and other gasses would suck all sorts of debris from this breach (or breaches) into the outflow along the way.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphina
This is really starting to worry me. I noticed that it was more of a reddish/orangish color this morning, and tried researching why.
Wondering when to pack it up and get out of dodge. I live minutes away from the coast
and this is making me just sick!

I wouldnt wait it out if I didnt have too, good luck.
2nd

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The Enterprise ROV 1 just gave a bottom up examination of the BOP. That thing sure looked like it was swaying. They really seem to be checking the rest of the BOP for additional leaks and its general integrity IMO.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I was looking at the same orangle glob as well and it did look strange. But I don't think that there is any possibility of it being volcanic in origin. I watched a documentary about Bob Ballard (the guy who found the Titanic) and he explained that even deep sea vents are enough to melt submersibles if they get close. If that had been magma I think those ROVs would be shrinky dinks by now.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
While watching the Skandi ROV2 I would like to know what the hell the bright orange flame in the upper right of the lens was. For the life of me, it appeared that the frame of the lens itself was on fire or had some flaming substance stuck to it for several seconds.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Ummmm, does anyone have a link to the actual temperature of the oil coming out of the pipe?
If it is 200 celcius that means it is pretty hot right?
Why then were the ice cristals that suposedly formed on that first box that they were going to use to cover the leak an issue?
Wouldn't the ice crystals melt in a few seconds of being on top of this hot oil?
Is there a video or any proof of these ice crystals?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Enterprise ROV 1 is below the leak right now, and there is a huge plume of something coming from below it. I wish I knew how to screen capture, but what is spewing out below the leak? A second leak? Chemicals like Corexit (but it was not white, same color as the rest of the leak)?

Now the same screen shot is very murky, but it was a big leak of something below the leak!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Unfortunately I can't just up and leave until I know that it is absolutely unavoidable, due to financial constraints. I'm hoping that I'll have enough advance notice if (when) that time comes!

Does anyone know how many different cameras are down there? I see many different leaks that can't possibly be form the same source. I know about the major one that is shown above, but I'm also seeing video of what appears to be other equipment and even the sea bed itself leaking.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
For the geologists here, what will happen if/when it explodes?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

Can there be a SUPERMASSIVE VOLCANO UNDER THE GULF....k ATS bye
2nd

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphina
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Unfortunately I can't just up and leave until I know that it is absolutely unavoidable, due to financial constraints. I'm hoping that I'll have enough advance notice if (when) that time comes!

Does anyone know how many different cameras are down there? I see many different leaks that can't possibly be form the same source. I know about the major one that is shown above, but I'm also seeing video of what appears to be other equipment and even the sea bed itself leaking.

Yea I considered it wouldnt be easy to just up and move so to refrain I wish you the best and please stay alert of everything around you down there EVERYTHING...TAKE CARE

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
For anyone watching the Skandi ROV2 feed, the dispensing arm has been moved from the top of the BOP right at the start of the plume to a point a bit further above, that gives credence IMO to the theory that the stuff rocketing out of that pipe is eroding whatever is near it to pieces. Also fits in with why they removed the top cap. Is it possible some of the casing gave way and there is more sediment coming up with the plume and causing more damage?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
What in the He$$ is going on down there?

I just opened the live feed, haven't seen it for an hour or so....

Damn concerning.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
If you look at the picture on the left from the OP, under the opening where the orange stuff is spewing out, near the bolts of the pipe. Is that more orange stuff slowly flowing down onto the metal near the bolts?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by blujay

I'm sure everyone has their own feed links but here is the one I've been using, it has multiple all on one page:
www.sanaracreations.fi...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by blujay

Do you really want to know?
This is the biggest catastrophe ever known, like i said at the very start but was slated for scaremongering.
I predict that this whole area may explode or implode!!!
Im serious. If i were over the pond i would be moving well away from the area. What we see today will be nothing compared to what i think. So please anyone else who obviously cant , then make sure you have a bag with essentials.
Also start storing water ,,,,please.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Oh wow. This doesn't look good. Not at all. I think I'll go back to the possible war with Iran. Far less scary.

Are we at defcom 1 yet? evacuate? wth if sorcha faal was right?!

[edit on 23-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
That's just gas and oil.

If rocks begin to solidify and "precipitate" from the cold water and creating underwater steam, like this, then we'll know they've struck lava (watch what happens at 00:43 into it, yikes!):

[edit on 23-6-2010 by harrytuttle]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join