It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Australian Prime Minister Kevin) Rudd's leadership hangs by a thread

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Netties Hermit

What's with Gillards Fuzz-bomb? That's a border-line post coital bird nest.

IRM

Edit to add: Fooled by photoshop again! Heavens to mergatroid!

[edit on 23/6/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

InfraRedMan.....

Oh no!

It's our first argument!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

C'mon... give us a kiss!

IRM

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I think it is only fair, now that Gillard has secured the top job, that she be given an equally appropriate nickname. Kevin Rudd had many fantastic nicknames such as "KRudd", "The Ruddbot", "The Kevinator" and "The Milky Bar Kid." I think it is only fair that Jules be given one too so here goes....

I suggest Fishface. (Gillard = Gills = Fish (+Face) = Fishface).

Any takers?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I have to say I love Aussies, notice we are all ...yeah thats full of business shenanigans and politics, but we aren't rallying partisan lunatics, we take to mocking whoever is in power.....Imagine if this happened to Obama, the board would have melted down by now....Not sure we'll mention this in tomorrows news

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life
reply to post by Kryties

Thanks for the link Kryties.
Seems at first glance the liberals have difficulty with unity.
Two other party's formed by disaffected ex-members.
My feelings on these things is that we should all start electing local people we know, whichever country we happen to be in.
Preferably people with no party affiliations whatsoever.
Too often loyalty to a party overrides loyalty to constituents.
Best of luck to you (Flamin Ozzies) anyway.
Just don't talk to me about cricket.

This is my strong conviction, as well, Cosmic. At least give a chance to some who haven't messed up yet.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Originally posted by InfaRedMan

What's with Gillards Fuzz-bomb? That's a border-line post coital bird nest.
IRM

Edit to add: Fooled by photoshop again! Heavens to mergatroid!

Yeah - I did that too quickly and she now has a double chin.

But I bet a couple of months of PM and her hair might just end up looking like that!

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

Imagine if this happened to Obama, the board would have melted down by now....

You're so right there zazzafrazz. We don't rate much on the international politics scale I guess. But I'd still rather be no where else!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Poor Kev, stabbed in the back

Gillard will do ok i guess, we'll see. Whole lotta bad mojo sniping a friend in the back like that though.
I agree it's all about mining $$$$$$$.
At least Gillard might stand a chance of keeping that clown Abbott out...

Bring back Bob!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b296c3c948f5.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Not sure we'll mention this in tomorrows news

Yep. Sad as it is by tomorrow our papers will be back to sporting headlines such as Master manipulator: Why MasterChef treats us like idiots.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Aside form the fact that she wasn't even born here.. last month she assured the Australian public that she was not after Rudd's job and would support him. So she's a liar and a backstabber then? Great start.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
This was the logical move for the Labor party to take. The chance of Kevin Rudd winning the election as leader in the next election was very small. Gillard is a fresh face who represents a new opportunity for the Labor party to replace the decaying Rudd.

The next 5 months will be very interesting. Gillard is going to have to be clear and convincing on what actions she intends to take if "re-elected" PM. I have personally always respected her as a politician and wish her well.

I do feel sorry for Rudd, but this was a change that had to be made if Labor are to have any chance winning in the election.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
My 9yr old asked me this morning why I didn't like KRudd.. My explanation to him went something like this....

When little Johnny Howard was PM of Australia we used to have a HUGE piggy bank that was FULL of our money! But when KRudd came into power he SMASHED that piggy bank and SPENT all the money!

Not only did he spend all the money we had put into the piggy bank, he went to some other places and borrowed MORE money to spend...

So.. now not only do we not have any money left in our piggy bank but we owe money to other peoples piggy banks

He looked at me and said.. yep, I don't like him now either... LMAO was sooo cute!

Oh and I'm calling early that the election will be either in September or early October.. she won't drag it out until November.

[edit on 24/6/10 by damn_ummmm]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley
Aside form the fact that she wasn't even born here.. last month she assured the Australian public that she was not after Rudd's job and would support him. So she's a liar and a backstabber then? Great start.

I have to disagree about the liar and backstabbing comment. At the end of the day she has to do what is best for the party, not herself. The party indicated that they did not have confidence in Rudd as PM and that they wanted her. She pretty much had two choices: honour what the party wanted or stand down for somebody else.

[edit on 24/6/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by damn_ummmm
Oh and I'm calling early that the election will be either in September or early October.. she won't drag it out until November.

Nah she'll want to hold onto it as long as possible. It won't matter what she does.. Australians won't vote for someone who was not Australian born and that point alone would be at the centre of any election campagn against her.

We'll see though.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

I have to say I love Aussies, notice we are all ...yeah thats full of business shenanigans and politics, but we aren't rallying partisan lunatics, we take to mocking whoever is in power.....Imagine if this happened to Obama, the board would have melted down by now....Not sure we'll mention this in tomorrows news

Well said Miss Frazzy!

Though we all have our own political leanings/opinions and we value the way in which our country is run, we also love to step back & take the piss. We have a very well balanced nation and we should all be proud of what our little country has achieved on the world stage. We keep it real, we punch well above our weight and we live in the greatest country on Earth.

I wouldn't be anywhere else.

NOW HAVE AT IT YA MONGRELS!!!

IRM

[edit on 24/6/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by damn_ummmm

Nah she'll want to hold onto it as long as possible. It won't matter what she does.. Australians won't vote for someone who was not Australian born and that point alone would be at the centre of any election campagn against her.

We'll see though.

You think?

Given the choice, I think Julia has more than a fair chance of winning the next election.

It doesnt worry me at all she wasnt born here, shes an Aussie, I mean have you heard her talk

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Yes yes she gallantly and selflessly took one for the team.
There are other times she has said one thing and done another.. besides which the "team" knew they were going to tip him out so they all lied in that case.

for the record.. I didn't like Rudd as a PM either but I like her even less.

..and I really do not like Tony Abbott either.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by riley]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

I dont think Australia cares about the "natural born" stuff thats an American Partisan bit of nonsense. Just a silly piece of propaganda the libs will hit on, that truly makes us american instead of our own flavour of, give everyone a go here.

Why should I care where she was born?
She was raised a Aussie.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
On a personal note, I'm gutted that Lindsay Tanner has just retired. He was my favorite politician by a long, long way. He could have been the PM IMHO.

IRM

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Australians won't vote for someone who was not Australian born and that point alone would be at the centre of any election campagn against her.

I agree with Zazzy. That kind of BS is normally associated with American politics. I'd like to think Aussies aren't that shallow and petty. It's not about where you are born, but the person you are.

IRM

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join