It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Australian Prime Minister Kevin) Rudd's leadership hangs by a thread

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeBombDiggity
reply to post by Kryties

I hadn't known about this issue until you mentioned it on ATS. So thank you for better educating me on all things Australian.

My pleasure

I've seen Mr. Rudd on tv news. He seems as effective a communicator as a wet blancmange, his cringing demeanour I would tire of within only a few days. How does Mrs Gillard compare in presentational skills ? Is she more combative ? Are there any policy differences between these two ?

I have nightmares about Kevin Rudd "Decisive Action Man". Having said that, I cringe every time Gillard opens her mouth - she has a very acute Aussie accent that grates on my ears, but apart from that she appears to be a half-decent communicator. Unsure on the policy differences yet (btw Gillard is currently our Deputy Prime Minister under Rudd - makes for a few awkward moments in the party room tonight methinks....)

If Labour vote in Mrs Gillard, what happens then ? Does she have to win a vote in Parliament to keep the existing government going or is hers classed as a new government ?

As far as I'm aware, once the internal party ballot is taken and counted, the result is final and the 'winner' keeps or is instated into the position of Prime Minister. I believe it is then the winners choice as to the direction of the party and government from there.....I may be wrong though, you might wish for someone a little more informed to come along and explain it

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

Kevin07 doesn't know how to play the game of cricket, as he doesn't have any balls to play with.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Kryties.....

As far as I'm aware, once the internal party ballot is taken and counted, the result is final and the 'winner' keeps or is instated into the position of Prime Minister. I believe it is then the winners choice as to the direction of the party and government from there.....I may be wrong though, you might wish for someone a little more informed to come along and explain it

Yup.....

You got it!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Explanation: Yes but even if she gets in as Prime Mistress Australia still goes to the ballot box 3 and 1/2 yrs since the last election [uhm soonish].

Personal Disclosure: As for who I think would be a great PM...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Julie Gillard For PM!

Rudd must go!

IRM

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

BRING BACK BEAZLEY

Gotta back the Perth boy.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
whoever it is I would love to see another suprise visit to pine gap from the PM
in todays day and age with tech & media coverage/exposure available it'd probably go a long way to getting the OZ public talking

as to who the PM should be, they're all equally retarded so I'm not sure but I have the least issues with gillard.

-B.M

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

AngusYoung for Prime Minister! Hell Yeah! He has a better public image then Kevin Rudd.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by gordonwest]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The Problem with Political Parties is Politicians, the problems around the whole world are caused by people in government ie Politicians, to solve the worlds problems get rid of Politicians, lets have people with brains running our countries not red taped bureaucratic morons!

There is a problems with our health system!!!
Lets not get more doctors and nurses, lets not upgrade hospitals instead we will spend Billions on a "team" (Politicians) who can try and think of a way to make things better

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by B.Morrison
as to who the PM should be, they're all equally retarded so I'm not sure but I have the least issues with gillard.

I literally lol'd

I must say that I wholeheartedly agree with your opinion. Although it harkens back to the last election where KRudd was voted in essentially because he was the lesser of two evils. Now I fear we are again presented with the same quandary - but this time the Aussie public have no say in the vote.

Just something to chew on and think about I guess.....

[edit on 23/6/2010 by Kryties]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Oh I almost forgot.

There is a dark horse who might pop up again for the Liberals...

One Peter Costello.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Two party preferred , mmm all tarred with the same brush. Now days it’s how far right do you want to go. Labour has been infiltrated by the right wingers ever since the CIA booted out Gough Whitlam.

I would like to see the A.C.T.U. (Australian Council of Trade Unions) abandon the party it started (labour) all those years ago and start again.

That said the new tax on mining profits was and is a great way for Australia to pay the mortgage instead of the profits these huge multinational corps move off shore.
To throw out an elected Prime Minister will mean that Labour will not be trusted by the voters and send labour to the political wilderness for many elections to come.

Really dumb and reeks of outside influences i.e. mining corps.
Oh and I never voted for him either.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I just watched a few videos of Mrs Gillard addressing Parliament. She seems very confident at the despatch box, her accent is very Australian, very "strine" ... and she's not a native born Australian, her family migrated there from Wales in the 1960's.

She seems quite the thing. I'd vote for her over Rudd any day. I wonder what will become of him, whether he'll be offered a government appointment or if he'll leave politics altogether ?

I know Rudd is a republican and wishes Australia to have its own head of state, is that sentiment shared by Gillard ?

Thank you. An exciting day for you all tomorrow (or is that today already ?!)

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Oh I almost forgot.

There is a dark horse who might pop up again for the Liberals...

One Peter Costello.

Oh dear lord please make the bad man stop!!!

I swear if that dinosaur pops his head up again I'll start my own political party. In fact, I'm seriously considering getting into politics....hmmm.......I can see it now....

Prime Minister Kryties ushers in new golden age of humanity for Australians. Loved by all, hated by none......

***Slaps myself***

No, but seriously.................

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeBombDiggity
reply to post by Kryties

She seems quite the thing. I'd vote for her over Rudd any day. I wonder what will become of him, whether he'll be offered a government appointment or if he'll leave politics altogether ?

I think he will leave with his tail between his legs. He could sit on the back bench for a while I guess but that would be a major ego blow to a man who had just been PM.

I know Rudd is a republican and wishes Australia to have its own head of state, is that sentiment shared by Gillard ?

Not sure to be honest. This isn't the first time the republic debate has arisen though so this is nothing new to Aussie politics.

Thank you. An exciting day for you all tomorrow (or is that today already ?!)

Tomorrow just turned into today 5 minutes ago.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Deputy PM Chadwickus?

Has a nice ring to it.

Expect me to challenge for the leadership leading up to the election though...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Chinese President Hu Jintao would be a better choice as PrimeMinister, because (they) the Chinese Goverment have been "controlling" the Labour Party...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
He will get a position with the U.N. It was all pre-arranged and decided long ago.

Democracy is a lie. Everybody is owned by the 'elite' stringpullers who endorse all these 'canditates'.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by benedict9]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Does it really matter who becomes PM? Have things changed drastically since Rudd has been PM? Yes, I know on paper they like to make out that they are on opposite sides of the fence in regard to controversial issues, but has domestic or foreign policy really changed that much?

[edit on 23/6/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

As long as you speak with an annoying, ear grating accent then you can be my Deputy anyday!

Oh and maybe know a little about economics and running a country and stuff like that...you know....doesn't matter all that much though........

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join