It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Australian Prime Minister Kevin) Rudd's leadership hangs by a thread

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

(Australian Prime Minister Kevin) Rudd's leadership hangs by a thread

www.smh.com.au

Kevin Rudd's leadership was hanging by a thread last night after his support base vanished following a push to oust him led by Right factional operators in Victoria and South Australia.

Mr Rudd’s fate was in the hands of his deputy, Julia Gillard, who had growing support among the caucus of 115 MPs and senators and an increasing number of factions.

These included the National Right, the Victorian Left and most of the NSW Right, including its kingmaker Mark Arbib.

As right-wing powerbrokers were counting numbers in an effort to encourage her to run, Ms Gillard, who all day had.......
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23/6/2010 by Kryties]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
This all happened a little earlier tonight here in Aus. Kevin Rudd is currently on TV at the moment giving a press conference (10.25pm) saying that there will be a leadership challenge ballot at 9am in the morning.

Depending on the result, us Aussies may end up waking up with Julia Gillard as PM!

(Personally, I don't support either of the two-party preferred Labor or Liberal parties - just FYI!!)

www.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
If the One-Nation Party will be on the election list (again) I will be voting for them! If not, then I will be giving my vote to the Liberals.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by gordonwest
I will be voting for them! If not, then I will be giving my vote to the Liberals.

As far as I'm concerned, the Mad Monk (Tony Abbott) is just as bad, if not worse, than KRudd.

This is how I see it going down....Rudd will get his ass handed to him in the party room tomorrow morning, at which point Julia Gillard becomes PM. I guarantee she will do something within the next 6-12 months that will piss off the whole country and become Australia's Gordon Brown. Enter the Mad Monk and the Liberals again and WHOOSH we are straight back to the days of Howard and Workchoices.

Fun times, fun times.......

I keep saying this but I'm getting the hell off this planet.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
How many party's are there in Oz?
What sort of policy differences?
Or is it seven shades of (blank)?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
au.news.yahoo.com...

(tho all are saying the same)

MM

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Rudd failed to be an illuminati puppet, so they're going to overthrow him.

How does a country pay it's huge debts? By a "super profits tax" on the elite!

They have spent millions on blatant propaganda advertising against him lately, looks like they've decided to invest that money into buying individuals instead.

Rudd's not the first Prime Minister to suddenly get booted out for saying "no" to the elite. At least he didn't disappear like Holt.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life
How many party's are there in Oz?
What sort of policy differences?
Or is it seven shades of (blank)?

Number 3 - "seven shades of (poop)?"
. What else can I say (type)? That is just how the system IS over here.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Oh please.....please.....

Let them dump that idiot!!!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

To cut a long story short (lol) Australia has many political parties but follows a two-party preferred system of Labor and Liberal (other parties swing their votes to either Labor or Liberal).

They supposedly have differing ideals and goals but like many political parties worldwide, the line is rather fuzzy and greyed out.

Here is a little info for you to peruse, it should get you started on Australia's mess of a political system....

australianpolitics.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Rudd's not the first Prime Minister to suddenly get booted out for saying "no" to the elite. At least he didn't disappear like Holt.

NuclearPaul.....

Rudd has zero principles.

That's why he deserves to get done like a dinner!

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

I think you are spot on there mate. My wife and I both agree that this is all about the mining tax and the fact that the mining elite have been going all-out trying to trash Rudd's image. Now they have bought off a few Labor factional leaders and bobsyouruncle - we have a leadership challenge.

It's sickening, nothing less.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Vince for PM!!!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/591020b2bae8.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Well, if we are going to take votes for who we want.....

Kevin Bloody Wilson for PM!!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0099a2d54de1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
What's the bet that if he wins the leadership challenge tomorrow, he'll end up getting whacked?

[edit on 23/6/10 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
the chaser's war on everything, those people should HAVE a political party. They would do a better job then the labour party.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I hadn't known about this issue until you mentioned it on ATS. So thank you for better educating me on all things Australian.

I've seen Mr. Rudd on tv news. He seems as effective a communicator as a wet blancmange, his cringing demeanour I would tire of within only a few days. How does Mrs Gillard compare in presentational skills ? Is she more combative ? Are there any policy differences between these two ?

If Labour vote in Mrs Gillard, what happens then ? Does she have to win a vote in Parliament to keep the existing government going or is hers classed as a new government ?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Naaaaah.....

Rodney Rude for PM!!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d6ed9566d53f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeBombDiggity
reply to post by Kryties

I've seen Mr. Rudd on tv news. He seems as effective a communicator as a wet blancmange, his cringing demeanour I would tire of within only a few days. How does Mrs Gillard compare in presentational skills ? Is she more combative ? Are there any policy differences between these two ?

LeBombDiggity.....

You got it!

Rudd's a shocker.....

Gillard's a shocker.....

They're all just a bunch of incompetent shockers!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Thanks for the link Kryties.
Seems at first glance the liberals have difficulty with unity.
Two other party's formed by disaffected ex-members.
My feelings on these things is that we should all start electing local people we know, whichever country we happen to be in.
Preferably people with no party affiliations whatsoever.
Too often loyalty to a party overrides loyalty to constituents.
Best of luck to you (Flamin Ozzies) anyway.
Just don't talk to me about cricket.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join