It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gulf Gives Birth to Hurricane Alex (Weekend Headlines June 26th 2010)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Just giving an update on the system that continues to linger that may give the gulf a toss...........

There has been a lot of storm action a long the shore line today. Several reports of oil in the rain as some members on this thread have posted. Althoug it would easy to jump on this toxic wagon, I was unable to confirm any news reports other than the youtube videos posted...........

Now that we see BP putting the top hat back on the well head and nothing has exploided as of yet..........We can all confirm that the gulf after another two months of this nightmare of oil/gases/chemicals is going to be total devastation to say the least......And thats if the relief wells are successfull.

As of 8:00pm Est, The NOAA provided this statement:

AN AIR FORCE RESERVE UNIT RECONNAISSANCE AIRCRAFT IS TENTATIVELY
SCHEDULED TO INVESTIGATE THE SYSTEM...IF NECESSARY...TOMORROW
AFTERNOON. THERE IS A MEDIUM CHANCE...30 PERCENT...OF THIS SYSTEM
BECOMING A TROPICAL CYCLONE DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS

Conditions seem favorable for this slow moving system to possibly aacelerate over the weekend..........

Interesting times we live in.......

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Agreed with Him. region will became dead zone like Chernobyl is; oncological diseases shall increased to Red Level -- it's pure devastation. go out from there, if you can as soon as possible.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Thursday morning here in the Mid-West...........and it looks like this storm is moving more in the direction of doing something.........

1. A TROPICAL WAVE OVER THE WESTERN CARIBBEAN SEA CONTINUES TO
PRODUCE SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ACROSS PORTIONS OF
HISPANIOLA...JAMAICA...CUBA...THE CAYMAN ISLANDS...AND THE ADJACENT
WATERS OF THE NORTHERN CARIBBEAN SEA. THIS SYSTEM HAS CHANGED
LITTLE IN ORGANIZATION OVER THE PAST SEVERAL HOURS...WITH MOST OF
THE SHOWER AND THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY OCCURRING TO THE EAST OF THE
WAVE AXIS...AND THE AIR FORCE RESERVE UNIT RECONNAISSANCE AIRCRAFT
MISSION TO INVESTIGATE THE AREA TODAY HAS BEEN CANCELED.
UPPER-LEVEL WINDS ARE EXPECTED TO BECOME MORE CONDUCIVE FOR
DEVELOPMENT OF THIS SYSTEM AS IT MOVES WESTWARD OR WEST-
NORTHWESTWARD AROUND 10 MPH OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS. THERE IS
A MEDIUM CHANCE...40 PERCENT...OF THIS SYSTEM BECOMING A TROPICAL
CYCLONE DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS.

What I dont understand is why they canceled the reconnassance flight today when such a storm possibility in the gulf creates more problems for the rigs drilling the relief well as well as the clean up efforts.............

Time is everything in preparations for something like this when an oil spill is concerned.........but that is our government............just one more odd piece of the puzzle

We will have to see if its rescheduled at 2pm when NOAA updates the site

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
yes and lets take the cap that wasnt doing much anyway OFF right during hurricane season.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Someone said about Numerology,i tried kabbalah,this is what it says~

i put in~hurricane Alex

it says~conceal,island,encircle,gold/golden,feast,cut/tear,fire/sacred light,proud/haughty.

Now if i put in~deep horizon

it says~bear,idle talk/liar,father,gather/collect,roof/cover,white linen,window,seperation.

is interesting i think.

Regards to all

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Just connect hurricane and information from this video together - I would not to see or feel this combination... My dear ATS members, evacuate your selfs and your families from coasts, and do it now!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Toxic Rain Pelting National Parks

(Dont get all excited!! This was a six year study)

Federal Study Shows Dangerous Contaminants Appearing At High Levels In Parks Out West

www.cbsnews.com...

There have been many posters on this thread and many others attacking those members who bring "warning" signs and then are labeled as fearmongers. They say the moisture being pulled up from the gulf will not be "toxic". They make these claims as if they work for the Government or BP.

There is a Federa Study which analyized data between 2002 and 2007 known as the Western Airborne Contaminants Assessment Project.

"A sweeping, six-year federal study released Tuesday (2008) found evidence of 70 contaminants"

www.epa.gov...

The conclusion of this study is that chemicals sprayed do end up in our atmosphere and are being redeposited in other regions as 'toxic rain"......

Now the question is will the chemcials being used in the gulf which we know are highly toxic not to mention the oil/gasses being released by the well head become part of some type of toxic cocktail in the form of precipitation?

An isolated rain storm, tropical depression or a hurricane...........the results will be the same. This report concludes that many of the contaminants drifted in from air currents from overseas and depoited here as a toxic rain or other forms of percipitation.

So will it take a hurricane to bring this crap inland.....NO.........Its probably already happening and we just dont know it unil some independent water testing is performed and released.

Will a hurricane make it worse? I think so!! Back to the discussion here ......Am I willing to risk it knowing that it can take place? My answer is NO!! But actually will there be any place to hide other than western states knowing how the Gulf air currents flow if these toxins are being pushed inland through precep?

It would be nice to start some type of independent study maybe even through ATS members here in the US to collectively take samples of the rain and have it anaylized by an independent lab.

Any thoughts??

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

They cancelled the flight because the tropical wave has not developed any further...it is still VERY disorganized....They usually don't do RECON flights into tropical waves

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

NO, a tropical Wave is not the same as a Tropical depression....A Tropical wave is just an area of Disturbed weather ie. Thunderstorms....A tropical Depression is where the rotation starts

So what everyone is talking about is just a Tropical Wave now known as invest 93l

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
"Texas A&M University oceanography professor John Kessler, just back from a 10-day research expedition near the BP Plc oil spill in the gulf, says methane gas levels in some areas are astonishingly high."

This is from Reuters www.reuters.com...

""There is an incredible amount of methane in there," Kessler told reporters in a telephone briefing."

"In some areas, the crew of 12 scientists found concentrations that were 100,000 times higher than normal."

If the alarm bells are not ringing now I am not sure when they will ring..........

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Thanks Cloud!

There are two very good Methane threads going on. Apacheman has been the big contributor so far with facts and figures. I am copying your post to those these threads:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

What does Methane have to do with A possible Tropical storm Alex?

Maybe you posted in the wrong thread by mistake? maybe?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Goradd

Not too sure where you missed the point of the thread............Everyone else seemed to catch on even the ones calling out fearmongering.....lol

This thread is not about a particular storm but more of what any storm much less a hurricane (possibly named Alex) could do as far as bringing toxic rain far inland.............and what decisions you need to consider before such a storm forms and comes a shore.........

I have posted the NOAA updates as to inform members of a time frame of things they need to consider along with other information that would bring health threats due to a storm coming to shore........

The chemicals being used including gases being dispursed from the well head such as the methane gas from my post are lurking in the gulf and are the potential threat of such toxic rain if such an event does occur......

So thats why methane is mentioned in the thread.........

I am sure there will be hurricane tracking threads very soon....

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Read the title of the Thread.....it clearly states Hurricane Alex with the Weekend of june 26th....and the only possible storm out there that can cause this is a tropical wave out in the Caribbean rightnow

So yes this thread is about a particluar storm....if not, then the title of the thread should be changed to not include any time reference

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
If id live on the shores of GoM i would try to get a bucket of that water and splash it on someones car (not my car! nope) and see what it does just to have a heads up

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SSimon

Well, you can always travel over there...and see what happens

i live on the coast but not where the oil is..thank God, so i can't try it

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Goradd

The thread title is exactly what you would see on any news paper along the Gulf States if and when a hurricane is born...........

The information in the article will be no different if not influenced by BP or some other force................

It will bring out questions and concerns of the health risk associated with the storm.............As I am doing with my concerns.......

Headlines as well as "thread" headline here on ATS are designed to grab your attention.........

As this threads headline grabbed your attention...........

But you did not read the thread and all the members comments associated with my post.......That is a typical problem here on ATS.....

The headline is not misleading.......You should have read the thread before you started posting.......

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

The Thread headline is Very misleading....and i have read the thread otherwise i would not have commented on other comments......

The Title says June 26, and i knew this would not happen that is why I chose to read the thread....Thread title needs to be changed

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
i feel that we are in the time of "7 bowls" read Revelations 17.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

the last line in the video said it all "my god help us all" there are unseen toxins as well as toxins that have no smell, that over a short time are lethal to life, i do not know the ppb or ppm. i do know this, no one has said a thing about them on the news.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join