It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gulf Gives Birth to Hurricane Alex (Weekend Headlines June 26th 2010)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
reply to post by jcjace

You have to be practical in a situation like this...

We have no way to release millions of cubic feet of those Metho/Carbon-Hydrates locked in the structure of the Ocean without hurting the surrounding Environment...

Game over for now...in a few years after something like this...maybe...after learning our lessons?

[edit on 6/22/2010 by Hx3_1963]

what is practical about relocating millions to areas that cannot support the standard of living?

what will fisherman do in montana? will the work be there for them to support their family?

Is the infrastructure readilly available?

Again, what will you do to the lost crops? how will grow oranges in states than cannot sustain the plant life?

There is more to this problem than running away, that is in no way shape or form practical. maybe for yourself but not for millions. What good is a warning if it only works for just a few? At this point you are considered an ellitist because only you have followed the warning when in reality not everyone could because of logistics.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I honestly don't know what a hurricane could or could not do right now, but all of you people around the gulf be careful!
As said before me, this is unprecedented (as far as I know), so the results could be completely different than what we expect.

I suggest moving inland for a while.
It's pretty nice in Missouri right now.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jcjace

Fine..have it your way...stay...

I'm in Michigan and have no immediate family there...

If you want to risk yours...be my guest...

All the OP said was...

YOU BETTER BE DAMMED SURE YER RIGHT OR THERE IS NO GOING BACK...

Godspeed to YOU...

(I'm done here...Asshatious Maximus rules I guess...)

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Although I agree with your potential danger assessment, I also think there is no reason to leave the area. At least not yet. If they start talking about the nuclear option I will pack up and go.

Now, my brother, not a big CS, but he did buy and read the webbot report, and he thinks if something goes bad, that evacuees will be turned back. He thinks that if you don't go now, you won't be able to go, and he is going now. Of course he got job teaching math in Missouri, so he would probably be going even without the oil spill, but he thinks I should go to, just to be safe.

I'm staying to ride it out though. Thats is how we do things on the Coast. I've never run from a hurricane, and I'm staying for this. (Unless they start talking about blowing the thing up.)

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
reply to post by jcjace

Fine..have it your way...stay...

I'm in Michigan and have no immediate family there...

If you want to risk yours...be my guest...

All the OP said was...

YOU BETTER BE DAMMED SURE YER RIGHT OR THERE IS NO GOING BACK...

Godspeed to YOU...

(I'm done here...Asshatious Maximus rules I guess...)

What good is a warning if its only for the few. Are you willing to take millions of people in michigan? Will you provide work for them? or will you only help out the few on ATS who listened? If the later is your pick then you my friend are an elitist.

What will happen to the vast area this so called toxic rain will hit? who will clean it up? How do you know what the exact consequences will be?

What about all the residuals that will later find their way in the rain again?

Everyone is so fast at ponting the doom and gloom and running for the hills when instead a true solution must be found.

And please understand that you cannot just pick up and go like many claim they can.

How will you relocate an entire familly with no job lined up? are you willing to take the risk of being stuck on the street bcs you never found anything.

This happened to tons of nola residents who came here in austin. Again i speak from what i know and have actually witnessed.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Here's a simulation...

That would put a Category 3 passing right over the oil spill and hitting New Orleans...

Category 3 landfall would be as big as Katrina. But now you add up oil.

This could be REAL BAD.

I don't know when it's gonna land... put probably early next week.

Let's hope the hurricane change it's path or disappears...

BTW, how are the New Orleans levees doing?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jcjace

My god son..

This is America...we are FAMILY...we'll deal with it as it comes...always have...

To just sit and wait for whatever?? not except-able...

Lots of area to be had still...

But YOU...YOU stay and watch the Crimson Tide...

(Done...)

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Well I see the same issues arise here on this thread as they do in all ATS threads. I am glad to see that many here understand what this thread is all about. Its not about predictions, it’s not about the eye of the hurricane. It’s hard to believe that some here like Dr. someone thinks that a tropical depression or hurricane will not pick up moisture from the gulf and push it inland where ever it lands……….but of course this Dr someone is the same poster who said that BP is not holding back “real” media coverage as well……..

All I wanted to do is make those members here think outside the box and not wait for a BP or a Governmental response on a potential threat of toxic rain being pushed inland due to a gulf storm………Its just that simple……….

When this storm Alex, Bonnie, Colin, Danielle or other name enters the gulf this summer it will bring a host of theories of what just may happen………because the one thing we all know is that the well will not be capped……

We can all listen to BP and the Government or maybe just use a little common sense when it comes to health risk……

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

I think you might be right. I hope the 60% chance of it not developing wins.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

you mean the same family that voted for "change", take a good look where that lead us.

Again i speak from experience. Austin only took a fraction of the Nola population and it has created a massive influx of homeless people not to mention crimes. Now take your millions you are warning and see what will happen.

Again, something like this has never happened yet everyone seems to know the answer.

Oil will not just go up in the sky it must evaporate. Same with the methane, i know that easier but still, in what amounts? and for the corexit, good luck knowing since the true formula is not out there.

All this is based on assumption not facts. It never happened and no one ever has created an experience of it.

And let's take the assumption that not much is needed for this soup to go up, regardless of hurricanes (the content must turn to vapor in order to be carried out far) then the Valdez incident should have created toxic rain as well. that would put michigan on the fall out path from the northern jetstream, just sayin.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

what content of moisture will the storm pick up and in what amounts? that's the true question. Yes it can pick up the methan and corexit(if that's possible at all) but what will be the fallout levels compared to what was picked up? Will the fallout level indeed be dangerous?

Regular methane gets picked up everyday from all over the world, so do tons of other chemicals. but it needs the right combination in the right amount to become harmfull.

The hurricane will not spread in even numbers that toxic rain.

After the first major hurricane i will gladly send in my rain water for analisys and wait for the result, maybe then after the first fall out will i change my mind, and even then i wouldnt be so sure of me doing that.

food for the thought, have you though of that toxic rain mixing in with chem trails? how bad would that be huh? wow i better just live with a mask on, and even then, there might not be one good one for all this stuff.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
if the storm hits. most of the oil is hidden under the sea. just the way BP likes it. so the storm will not do as much harm as people think. “well I think so. I can hope!“. where the under sea oil slick goes is the big danger. if “and I bet it will” it gets out of the gulf, it could go any where! giant globs of oil million’s of barrels big drifting about. and how many of them? I bet no one has even thought about stopping it get out of the gulf. it could drift about for years?

maybe it will get together with the plastic garbage island and turn in to a monster only Godzilla can kill!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Are you people seeing the Scandi rov 2 Cam right now? Huge FIRE PLUME.

BIGGER THAN THIS MORNING.
www.sanaracreations.fi...

They are also showing a ROV going way down the pipe never seen this.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by Overtime]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Overtime

It's not a fire...it's that one ROV with a weird color enhanced lens...

www.doomers.us...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
So the landfall date is around June 28-29...

This is scary :
M ichio Kaku: Hurricane impact along Gulf coast to dump oil ‘all over the South’; Potentially 100s of miles inland

Also, “Hurricanes will grab water several hundred feet below the surface and loft it up into the sky.”

A hurricane strike in the Gulf of Mexico would dump an oil & water mixture all over the South, potentially reaching hundreds of miles inland, said Kaku.

However, he does not believe this mixture will ignite from lightning.

Well not at first...but once it's everywhere on the land and on the trees, if an oil-covered tree is hit by lightning, it would start a fire...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jcjace

"After the first major hurricane i will gladly send in my rain water for analisys and wait for the result, maybe then after the first fall out will i change my mind, and even then i wouldnt be so sure of me doing that."

That is my point.......I am not willing to do a wait and see if "enough" toxins can be picked up...........Its not a risk I am willing to risk for my family..........I dont trust what I see on the media coming out of BP and I surely dont trust the Governments response thus far..........

So when (NOT IF) it happens..........please do that rain test for all members here on ATS and post your results.........If your rain water comes out clean I will say great and commend you for sticking it out............

The biggest issue here is that no one really knows whats going to happen when that storm comes to the gulf............

But stick it out.........I cant wait to see the results.........

[edit on 22-6-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Ok, embarrassing haha thanks. How about the Enterprise going down the pipe almost to the bottom now.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I knew it, I knew that this was going to happen, and this is just the beginning of the storm systems. Wait until like August and September.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

you know why i can wait and stick it out. because A: i never hang out in the middle of a rain storm. B: i dont drink tap water C: most of my organic food is not grown locally

After the storm, i'll check for spots and weird markings on the ground and strange odors. But i can tell you that we've already a fewbig rain storms this past month, and they were all fired up from winds from the gulf. Nothing out of the ordinary yet.

Again, how much will evaporate from the gulf and end up in the storm? If it evaporated, its already in the air if its in the air it can't be good. If you're in mississippi, you already got some from the storm that came thru texas and up east. if not, it will come later. Whatever falls in our lakes and rivers will evaporate and get picked up again to continue along the jetstream.

If then those theories are true then the same can be said about the Valdez incident which put that mess into the northen jetstream. You do not need hurricanes to create the toxic rains, they just amplify em but the toxins are already airborne.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by grey580

I'm sure they mean the rain bands combined with the toxic soup. The hurricane is going to stir up and break down the surface oil of the water, which is a good thing, but it will also pick up those smaller particles of Oil, Gas, and Chemical Dispersant and carry it far inland in the rain bands.

In other words, people in Memphis or Atlanta or Dallas may not be too concerned about the oil leak, but they may get some of the toxic rain from a Tropical system.

This is a tough one. And quite frankly it would depend on which side of the hurricane swirl you're on when it breaks up when it hits land.

But yeah a hurricane is a huge siphon sucking heat and moisture from the surface of the ocean. I don't know how oil would disperse in a hurricane or if it would bind to or not bind to water being absorbed into the hurricane.
Hopefully oil and water wouldn't mix in that case.

I'd still be more concerned with surge and high winds though.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join