It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gulf Gives Birth to Hurricane Alex (Weekend Headlines June 26th 2010)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
u reap wat u saw
gl america
gl dying

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Zeropoint
reply to post by 4nsicphd

Is (sic) there or is (sic) there not millions and millions and millions of gallons of oil and # in the area where these hurricanes TEND to form ?!?

YES!!!

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Mr Zeropoint]

Actually, NO!!! As a resident of the Gulf Coast, I know where they form (as opposed to track once developed). They form in the Atlantic, after beginning as Tropical Depressions or waves from low pressure systems beginning in West Africa.
So go ahead and further spread your lies. We shall see on the 26th shall we not.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish
i don't understand?

where is hurricane alex? national hurricane center says

There are no tropical cyclones at this time.

so are you just 'warning' us of alex (apparently that is going to be the name for the first hurricane this season, since they name them alphabetically)

even if you're just 'warning' us that the first hurricane of the season is coming.. well i mean, of course alex will come sooner or later, i live in the gulf as well as having lived on florida's east side in the past, hurricanes come every single year, it's expected

are you intentionally missing the point, or....

what doesnt happen every year is the worst environmental disaster in history coupled with a hurricane spreading the toxin everywhere.

could you really not see that?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Maybe our friend Alex Collier has the answer to this disaster...does he not have the answers of everything...?
PH.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
To all those who look at this thread as fearmongering……………….I will have to say your off your rocker………Fearmongering is posting that a nuke is going to blow up in a US city on June 22nd as in the Blackjack thread………..

All you have to do is turn on MSM and the images tell the story. Now you have a choice!! You can listen to those scientist who are under the BP/Governments thumb or listen to those scientist who give “warnings” of this possible toxic scenario……..Its your choice.

I will do a little research today and bring forward some “warnings” from those who are not under the matrix control……..

UPDATE for the birth of Alex

1. A TROPICAL WAVE LOCATED FROM HAITI SOUTHWARD OVER THE CENTRAL
CARIBBEAN SEA IS PRODUCING SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS OVER MUCH OF
EASTERN CUBA...JAMAICA...HAITI...THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC...PUERTO
RICO...AND THE ADJACENT WATERS. UPPER-LEVEL WINDS APPEAR CONDUCIVE
FOR SOME SLOW DEVELOPMENT AS THE DISTURBANCE MOVES WESTWARD OR
WEST-NORTHWESTWARD AROUND 10 MPH INTO THE WESTERN CARIBBEAN SEA
OVER THE NEXT DAY OR TWO. HEAVY RAINFALL COULD AFFECT PORTIONS OF
JAMAICA...CUBA...AND HAITI OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS. THERE IS
A MEDIUM CHANCE...30 PERCENT...OF THIS SYSTEM BECOMING A TROPICAL
CYCLONE DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS.

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

Looks like its moved up to a medium chance as of 6/23

Maybe the Caribbean will have a miscarriage this week………But eventually she will give birth……….

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
www.goes.noaa.gov...

Set the loop to slow and you will see pretty clear where this is going. Also notice how the N winds in Gulf are pulling back to S Florida

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
What I find hillarious is that I started a thread about Invest 93L on Monday. It was very done in a very level fashion with no jumping to conclusions but strong sense of prudence.

Than this thread gets created yesterday with the headline "The Gulf Gives Birth To Hurricane Alex"

When ...
1) There is no proof that it will yet form into a hurricane.

2) If it does it will not do it by this weekend.

3) The earliest this storm would be in the Gulf is early next week.

Yet, this is the thread to where all the posts went into.

Deny ignorance eh?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580Hurricanes are unpredictable. You can't reliably forecast one. And once it does form you can't predict which way it's going to go.

It's hurricane season, therefore predicting a hurricane is the norm and most
likely we will see many. Being they are so unpredictable, wouldn't it make sense to prepare?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AllexxisF1

This thread is not about a "hurricane" that has yet formed..........it is to prepare people to let them know that (I stress) when a tropical depression or one that has been upgraded to a hurricane status comes a shore that there is a strong possiblity that the toxic water could be dispursed over land through rain........

To make it short its about understanding the warnings and being prepared for when it happens and making the "right" choice for your family........

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Hi

Never seen your thread but I have been trying to get this through too many for several weeks now. (Yes deny Ignorance) I would not be waiting for the Fedsor for that fact NOAA to tell you the facts.

You can bet they have every top scientist in the country on this but won't let the masses in on it.

Probably why Obama went so many times before .....bet you dont see him there much in the near future.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
S&F for you (being new, if I can S&F that is)

Thank you all for the info here, it really helps all that are in the midst of this created disaster.

Being from south central LA, just south of Lafayette, many will be riding it out. I work not far from the Intracoastal BP staging/cleanup area, and it is quiet with minimal activity, southern/locals. My bro-in-law is an oilfield engineer and is on/off rigs so we get first hand info. He did state what all are stating, re: PSI, capping just won't happen. He hasn't received one to one knowledge from anyone that can pass on actual info from the gulf. Knowing many with the USACE, the barriers are being built and as for the levees, I would have to research/inquire if all is good-to-go for NOrleans.

As for the toxins, we'll wait & see. The last large hurricane that hit my area was Lily years ago I believe, and we were later bookended by Katrina & Rita, then Ike? Majority won't leave, like many I know, myself included. We'll be fine and we'll be prepared.

If something of the inevitable happens, then I guess we had too many hurricane parties and ate too much etouffee, and went out the good ole Cajun way. (just a little humor amid the chaos around) Personally, hurricanes don't worry me whatsoever. We've been thru so many, its expected. The unexpected, i.e. the toxins is what we'll be keeping on top of. Are there really toxins? (rhetorical) Remembering Wag the Dog helps keep me balanced with all going on.

Thanks again - great info! Peace & God Bless! Semper Fi

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
If you don't hear about it in the mainstream media, then it means there's a problem, even if the hurricane isn't going to form now, some will eventually and from what WMO says it's the potential to be particularly devastating.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by undesirableusername]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
From what I am reading it only has a low chance of becoming a hurricane by the time it reaches the caribbean. It does have a chance of becoming a hurricane when it reaches the Gulf of Mexico and making landfall in the northern gulf area over the oil spill by early next week. Long term forcasts are sketchy at this point. However, the fact that this would hit the gulf this weekend at the same time that there will be a full moon does not make me feel any better. I think I am more worried about the pressure change causing a kaboom under the sea floor to be honest.

But hay, who knows right? Could peeter out and fly away.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
OH man, I just watched two youtube videos one where it rained oil and another after where it killed all the crops and a couple birds. Farmers worring about their livestock eating the grass. Acres and acres of crops dead and dying because of this. Dear God! If a hurricane comes and brings that all the way up with it like it is bound to do.....
I think im gonna be sick.

the rain
www.youtube.com...

the news after
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 23-6-2010 by mrsdudara]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

This needs to be seen

www.youtube.com...

God Help us!

[edit on 23-6-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by 4nsicphd

Why is everyone in this thread so confused?

I have seen hurricanes form 15 miles off the coast of the panhandle and quickly develop and come ashore. I have seen hurricanes form just off Cuba, or out in the middle of the Gulf, or in the armpit of the Yucatan and then move NE. I have seen them develop in the Atlantic and head South, or develop in the Atlantic and head North. I have seen them develop in the Gulf, go across the Florida Peninsula and then across the Atlantic. I have seen them develop in the Atlantic move into the Gulf, move North, and end up right back where they started!

Right now we are watching a weak Low Pressure system with no organization or rotation, but with good conditions to form an organized system. It isn't a hurricane yet, and it may never be. With the high Gulf temperatures, it is just as likely that a brand new system will pop up where we least expect it and come ashore in front of this one. Or this one could develop into a monster.

Nobody knows....yet.....but the OP is bringing up an important discussion, because we will get some tropical systems over the next couple of months, and they could be very, very damaging in many ways!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Sorry Allexxis. Where is the link to your thread? That happens to me all the time. My threads never do too well, and I feel they are very organized and prepared, but I guess they don't have the best headlines.

I was very fond of my thread, "How to Fix Immigration" but it didn't go very far.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

wow i think you just changed my mind about oil rain, so much for believing national hurricane center

and that idiot walking around in his bare feet when they could see all the oil
I couldnt help but to laugh and think to my self 'what are you thinking jack ass'
scary stuff

[edit on 23-6-2010 by paradiselost333]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
OH man, I just watched two youtube videos one where it rained oil and another after where it killed all the crops and a couple birds. Farmers worring about their livestock eating the grass. Acres and acres of crops dead and dying because of this. Dear God! If a hurricane comes and brings that all the way up with it like it is bound to do.....
I think im gonna be sick.

the rain
www.youtube.com...

the news after
www.youtube.com...

These images make's me sick to my bones ! In so many ways !

I'm not the praying type, really not ! I guess I will have to start in hoping god is with you on this one ! ... AND NOT IN MYSTERIOUS WAY!

My guess is that the mysterious ways is already used by BP and some others negligible organistaion(politics).

[edit on 23-6-2010 by truthy-bird]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Thanks for the information. I'm in SE Texas and I've been watching the NOAA website since last week. Some people on here take everything so literally. I totally got what you were saying. Good thread...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join