It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ... How Did My Phone Take a Picture of Itself?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Yeah, it'd be nice to think that when time and space bend in mysterious ways it's not all going to be crappy photos of half eaten dinners and mobile phones...but you never know

And for the record, using two mirrors, I just successfully took a photo of the front side of my phone which has a camera on the rear side. But granted, it took a lot of effort and the end result clearly shows the mirrors. Oh well...

Like someone said, one of those things that will never be solved

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by psilo simon
aaarrrgghhh! Why are there people saying that is could be possible???

Try and understand that unless the phone broke physical laws, there is no way for it to have happened, simply because a camera can only take a picture of what is in FRONT of the lens, it is a physical impossibility that the camera/phone wasever in front of itself, it cant be done, and also, the shutter speed makes no difference because light travels through air at a constant velocity so even the "image" of the phone could never have been in front of the lens UNLESS THE LAWS OF PHYSICS CHANGED!!

Because the photo has been tampered with, both on the OP and on flikr, I really have to disbelieve this, I think it`s a joke, I wanted to believe, and still would have if the pic was untampered with.

You really are not sure what you are talking about. Check out this link.
blog.chaselliott.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by eeyipes

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by eeyipes

you mentioned kiddos....were any kids in the vicinity? do they have hand-held video games or...maybe an etch-e-sketch?

They brought Nintendo DS's on the trip. An etch-a-sketch? What would that do? lol.

Excellent.

My daughters have DSi's...Two of them could be strategically (or accidentally) placed for reflection purposes (the screen). An etch-e-sketch (sp???) could be used the same way.

EDIT to add: Nintendo DSi's also have a camera and intenet connect.

I think I have my theory on what happened.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Signals]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
They have the old DS, not DSi. No wi-fi or cameras on them.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by eeyipes
They have the old DS, not DSi. No wi-fi or cameras on them.

Very well then.

Those screens have reflective qualities, yes?

Where exactly were the kids in relation to the picture?

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Signals]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
In relation to the picture - to the right of the table seating, bouncing around on the bed.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by eeyipes

Obvious fake.

You can see the screen on the phone, though blurred. It's obvious that the screen is NOT the picture being taken, and unlikely it's the table or anything else in the room. It looks like a regular phone screen with UI.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by eeyipes

sorry i have to call bs on this one

how a a picture can be take when the lens is in the palm of is hand and you can clearly see that the pic is took from above

time well wasted.....

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
what are you guys talking about "no EXIF data"?

Camera: Samsung SGH-T401G Aperture: f/2.8 Focal Length: 2.9 mm File Size: 330 kB File Type: JPEG MIME Type: image/jpeg Image Width: 1280 Image Height: 1024 Encoding Process: Baseline DCT, Huffman coding Bits Per Sample: 8 Color Components: 3 Compression: JPEG (old-style) Orientation: Horizontal (normal) Software: T401UDIH5 YCbCr Positioning: Centered Date and Time (Original): 2010:06:12 09:56:41 Date and Time (Digitized): 2010:06:12 09:56:41 Color Space: sRGB Exposure Program: Aperture-priority AE Max Aperture Value: 2.6 Metering Mode: Average Exposure Mode: Auto White Balance: Auto Scene Capture Type: Standard X-Resolution: 1 Y-Resolution: 1
www.flickr.com...@N08/4721944375/meta/

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSdelurker
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

That's exactly what I thought too. These phone cameras are known to be a bit slow between clicking the button and the actual picture taking.

The only odd thing is that if the camera is on the back of the phone, then this photo would still be impossible. Can the OP shed light on whether this phone can take pics from the front of the phone (my old phone can but it was a flip phone).

this would not make any difference...can you see the color of your eyes without a miror

wow i remember when we where kids...we where doing drug when we where bored....instead of wasting people time

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
If this is true I go with Lady Tuatha on this one the shutter speed being too slow, but this has happened to me and got a pic of rug the camera hit the floor but in midair snapped, landed on floor perfect detailed photo of rug (With large ugly stain) color me embarrassed. I still think this is the best explanation going by the OP's parameters. Or maybe the camera moved to the front of the phone in some cosmic quandary and it reflected off something not present in OP's timeline, but in another. How about a skylight; do you have a skylight in your camper???? BTW if it was raining (cloudy)outside windows still can reflect an image, albeit not as clear.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
There is one other way actually, but obviously impossible.
The phone would have to be moved from the point at which we see it in the photo to the point at which the photo is taken faster than the speed of light in order to 'beat' the photons if you like and record the image.

This is my thoughts. Let me try to explain. (communicating thoughts is not my best trait)
FACTS:
1)The camera shutter will need to open. or cmos activate.
2)The phone needs to be in the frame reflecting/ emitting light onto the chip.
So, the phone needs to be in two places at once.
OR
The camera snapped a picture of a future event.
OR
The camera went back in time and snapped the picture, which would also mean theat it was still capturing an image of a future event.
AAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
For the people saying that this is possible with a slow shutter speed.....

No, it's not.

No matter how fast or slow the shutter speed is, it cannot physically take a picture of itself.

You must understand that when the shutter speed is slow, it's slow so it can take in more light. No matter how slow the shutter speed is, the camera lens ALWAYS faces away from the phone making it impossible to take a photo of itself. Unless....

The OP held the phone in the position you see it in the photo. Then the phone was moved, faster than the speed of light, into the position to take the photo. Then the shutter button was pressed, and the shutter moved faster than the speed of light to take the photo we see.

Or, you know, somebody's having a lend of someone....

[edit on 21/6/10 by GobbledokTChipeater]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

I hear what you're saying BUT, here's how I'm trying to make sense of it:

Pretend for a moment that *you* are the camera lense. The only thing you can see are things directly in your line of sight. There is no ability to twist your head 360 degrees and look at the front of the phone. That part of the phone, you will NEVER see in your life.

In the pic, the camera portion of the phone was nearly in the guys hand. (facing down) What we should see is darkness being the palm of his hand. Slow shutter speed? I'm sure that cam does have terrible shutter speed BUT we'd still only see what the camera can see. Soooo, slow shutter speeds, lighting and the potision of the camera doesn't matter at all. The camera would *still* only produce what is within it's line of sight.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Wookiep]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GobbledokTChipeater

weird, you said pretty much what I said a min before I posted (as I was posting!). lol....gotta love that!

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Wookiep]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

weird, you said pretty much what I said a min before I posted (as I was posting!). lol....gotta love that!

You know what they say.....

Great minds....

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
OK, here are my two cents worth...

Cent #1
The phone is a slider. It broke in two.
Your husband caught the top half in his left hand while still holding the bottom half with the battery and camera, which was in the middle of capturing the image, in his right hand. Moments later he reassembled the camera to proper working order.

Cent #2
The phone fell in such a way as to give it a rate of rotational spin in relation to its own mass, its own electromagnetic field, to the rotation of the Earth and the gravitational pull/electromagnetic field of the Earth that it achieved enough supra-dimensional torque as to cause a localized flux in spacetime allowing the camera to capture an image of itself from just nanoseconds into the future.

Because I'm not sure a phone can be reassembled to proper working order in just moments, I'm partial to my second theory

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

Originally posted by psilo simon
aaarrrgghhh! Why are there people saying that is could be possible???

Try and understand that unless the phone broke physical laws, there is no way for it to have happened, simply because a camera can only take a picture of what is in FRONT of the lens, it is a physical impossibility that the camera/phone wasever in front of itself, it cant be done, and also, the shutter speed makes no difference because light travels through air at a constant velocity so even the "image" of the phone could never have been in front of the lens UNLESS THE LAWS OF PHYSICS CHANGED!!

Because the photo has been tampered with, both on the OP and on flikr, I really have to disbelieve this, I think it`s a joke, I wanted to believe, and still would have if the pic was untampered with.

You really are not sure what you are talking about. Check out this link.
blog.chaselliott.com...

Read the original post again. You've confused yourself.

A camera cannot take a picture of itself. Shutter speed is irrelivent.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GuyverUnit I

I actually like your first cent.
I hadn't even considered that.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Wohooo i get to guess on something.

1. U set the time on your phone on a sertain time took a pic and then moved it into that position and set it back 10 sec, therefor cousing a timerift to open up and swolloving a piece of the earth with it , (u live in guatimala right?)

2. U have 2 identical phones and simply took a pic with the other 1 and when u got realllllllllllllly bored u decided to mess with poeple that would bother to read your post.

3. U got a camera that´s connected to your phone by wire (one of those small things socalled spycamera´s) and have the wire inbetween your hand and behind your back taking it from that angle, explaining the crappy image as small spycam´s tend to have really bad resolution and even worse when it´s on the move.

4. I was sitting in your car oneday and decided i´d waiste my own time by taking a pic of your phone and using your account to make up this pointless post and then logging into my account just to mess with myself.

5. I looooove cookies and milk ,, mmmmmmmm

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join