It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ... How Did My Phone Take a Picture of Itself?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by eeyipes

you mentioned kiddos....were any kids in the vicinity? do they have hand-held video games or...maybe an etch-e-sketch?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Hmm the fact that the OP pic has been cropped suggests to me that you are having a laugh, why go to the bother of cropping it? The one on flikr has a lot more in it than your OP pic. I want to believe this one, help me out.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
see, the apparent height of the camera/phone in the flikr one looks very high, it looks like your hubby is holding a second camera and just taken a photo of the phone in his hand. Hmmm, the flikr pic is really making me sceptical here.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The original photo needs to be presented. This means no cropping. No editing and taken directly from the phone. The photo in the OP and on Flickr is not an original raw image. This image has the EXIF data stripped. Until then, the possibility of this being taken with another phone is still on the table.

[edit on June 21st 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
This one is easy. Its a very slow shutter speed on your crappy camera. This is why most cell phone pics are blurry and crappy, because most people cant stand perfectly still for as long as the shutter needs to stay open..

You can probably recreate this by clicking the "shutter" button while simultaneously flipping the phone, it will eventually happen again...

EDIT: Just looked at the pic again, and forgot to mention, notice how all the things that were moving (the phone, the persons hands) are extremely blurry, and the static objects (couch) are relatively in focus. I think this bolsters my claim.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by aching_knuckles]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
This one is easy. Its a very slow shutter speed on your crappy camera. This is why most cell phone pics are blurry and crappy, because most people cant stand perfectly still for as long as the shutter needs to stay open..

You can probably recreate this by clicking the "shutter" button while simultaneously flipping the phone, it will eventually happen again...

A camera takes pictures by the light of whatever is being shot processing through the lenses and sensors. This cant happen when a hand is blocking the camera...or by flipping it in the air...

Ive never heard of anyone taking pictures of their own camera, without the aid of anything else, besides the camera.

Until now...

Im goin with prank or breaking the laws of physics somehow...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

I read all the posts and what you have said seems the most logical to me! Thanks - it sure had me puzzled!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
aaarrrgghhh! Why are there people saying that is could be possible???

Try and understand that unless the phone broke physical laws, there is no way for it to have happened, simply because a camera can only take a picture of what is in FRONT of the lens, it is a physical impossibility that the camera/phone wasever in front of itself, it cant be done, and also, the shutter speed makes no difference because light travels through air at a constant velocity so even the "image" of the phone could never have been in front of the lens UNLESS THE LAWS OF PHYSICS CHANGED!!

Because the photo has been tampered with, both on the OP and on flikr, I really have to disbelieve this, I think it`s a joke, I wanted to believe, and still would have if the pic was untampered with.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by eeyipes

Strange things happen when your cheap like china

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Im gonna say HOAX. No specific reason for that, other than the laws of physics.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
two phones, my brothers
having fun with us!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by psilo simon
Hmm the fact that the OP pic has been cropped suggests to me that you are having a laugh, why go to the bother of cropping it? The one on flikr has a lot more in it than your OP pic. I want to believe this one, help me out.

I did not crop the photo I uploaded to ATS ... does ATS crop them automatically to fit the forum page?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by eeyipes

you mentioned kiddos....were any kids in the vicinity? do they have hand-held video games or...maybe an etch-e-sketch?

They brought Nintendo DS's on the trip. An etch-a-sketch? What would that do? lol.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
NM. See below

[edit on June 21st 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Doesn't this show the exif data?

flikr exif data

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The seats should be blurred too if this was a camera in falling motion. The fact we can see the patterns of the seats suggests it's just a different camera-phone.

I'm not calling hoax cos you seem pretty convinced, but I think you've just confused yourself somewhere along the line.

There is simply no concievable way this has happened, the only way I can think would be some kind of mirrors in your camper placed in strange locations.

The camera has taken a photo from above, fallen into a hand and then [the same] photo has been taken. Not even that sentance makes sense!

Oh alright, I'm going with hoax now. Or '___' induced holiday.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I dunno but I have about a 100 pictures of the inside of my pocket.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I'm not going to be helping much but my thoughts on this are that it is impossible for this camera phone to even a photo of itself in a mirror from this angle, it would be capturing the back of the phone anyway, not the front.

That's like trying to shine the headlights of a car onto the rear number plate.

Even if you flipped the phone it is still impossible to take a photo of the front. The angle of the photo is the strange thing to me - it's like above the guys head - taking a photo from there looking at his hand when it should be a photo of the palm of his hand.

Even a timeline change couldn't account for this because it still doesn't explain how it took a photo of the front of itself unless in a different timeline they both have a phone and one is taking a photo of the other with the digital data remaining like a ghost! Ahh

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
If what the OP saying is true, maybe this got something to do with the holographic theory. I'm not an expert, just saying my thoughts. See the display of the phone in pic. It looks like an hologram. Many things in the picture seems weird, especially display . It seems like there is an extension in a 3 dimensional way, a hologram.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
VIDEO OR IT NEVER HAPPENED!

Idk, im having a hard time believing this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join