It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ... How Did My Phone Take a Picture of Itself?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by KpxMarMoTT

Sonar and Global Positioning can't pick up a person's skin tone or shirt color.

End of that theory.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I'm with Signals on this one. I think your hubby pulled the back half of the phone containing the camera off somehow and used it to take a photo of the front half of the phone containing the screen, in his other hand. I think you been punked.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
I think that your husband caught the phone again when it was in mid flash.

You said that he dropped it and caught it again, so when it dropped the camera took a photo and he just happened to catch the phone in the split second of it taking the picture, you could try it thousands of times and would not get the same result but it is not impossible and thats what I think happened. The time it took the phone to take the photo he had caught it back in his hand.

edit to add,: what im trying to say is the action of taking the photo was up in the air so to speak, or mid flash.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Lady_Tuatha]

How can the phone take a photo of the front, no matter what position it is in.

That's like saying if you turn around fast enough, you can see the back of your own head.

I know what I think you mean, I've had similar things with cheap cameras that if the lighting is not ideal, it will pause a moment (Im guessing trying to gather enough light to take a shot) and I've sometimes moved and it's taken a blurry shot of another position, but it is physically impossible for the ccd to take a photo of the other side of it's own view.

All I can assume for this to be even real is that something reflected towards the phone, the image was not taken instantly but stored trying to gather light for a decent picture (usually cheap cameras) and it snapped the saved shot of a reflection.

But it still involves something to reflect..

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DSeal

1. His right hand is missing.
  2. The angle of the picture and the absence of his right hand clearly point towards the presence of a secondary photographic device.

The evidence presented in this picture clearly indicates the presence of another photographic device.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

THERE WAS A SECOND SHOOTER!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Tried on my camera the flip and cath..

There is now duct tape on my battery haha

BUT i can say this after my little experiment. The photo you took for a "flipping" phone is far too great of an unblurred image.

I tried flipping it and dropping at slower and faster speeds and the quality of the photo is horrendous.

Nice try OP either you're trying to trick us or someone is trying to trick you. End of story

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by eeyipes

Read ^ forgot to reply

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by GuyverUnit I

Originally posted by DSeal

1. His right hand is missing.
  2. The angle of the picture and the absence of his right hand clearly point towards the presence of a secondary photographic device.

The evidence presented in this picture clearly indicates the presence of another photographic device.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

THERE WAS A SECOND SHOOTER!!!!!!!!!

---That's priceless....Following this thread to see if anyone has the answer. So far, I see a lot of good answers...I don't have a clue how this could have happened if it truly happened the way OP says it did.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
The original photo needs to be presented. This means no cropping. No editing and taken directly from the phone. The photo in the OP and on Flickr is not an original raw image. This image has the EXIF data stripped. Until then, the possibility of this being taken with another phone is still on the table.

[edit on June 21st 2010 by greeneyedleo]

We're also assuming that every camera stores RAW format images with exif data. Mine does not. Simply stores jpg files with no exif data.

Cheap cameras/phones are not always the best things for this..

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Its a long thread, so i'll skip the hours read and ask if anyone else has suggested reading what the exposure settings are for this range of Mobile Phone camera?

It would be possible then that the exposure of the camera in-flight was caught, as your seeing it from the front, and as it was captured (shot taken) when held in the hand again, it automatically took the picture as it saw itself mid-flight.

Its complicated to explain but any meteorologist or amateur Lightning/Astrology Photographers know a lot about Exposure Settings and how they can capture events in a time-frame.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by psilo simon

So you can't explain it with science and decide to explain it as a time anomaly of which none can be proven to exist?
That's a theory, not an answer, and an unprovable one.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Something to do with the shutter speed maybe...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
What the hell is up with the people that are saying it could be because the cameras slow? That doesn't change the fact that the camera can't possibly see the front of the phone... or any other part for that matter. Yes even if you could somehow click the picture and then move it faster than light because even if you could do that the light would have to go into the lens but wait! You just moved the lens and stuffed it into some guys fist faster than light!! So where did the lens that would collect the light go? Oh yeah, it went into some guys fist and that's what you're gonna get a picture of. Darkness.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by eeyipes

Help ... How Did My Phone Take a Picture of Itself?

either your phone is a decepticon or

you must have crossed over into a parallel universe and taken a picture of another you with a phone... and you didn't realize it

it happens more than you think.

I hope you checked to see if your really you ...and not the other you.

or it could be that your story is a hoax.

but who knows.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by Zeta Reticulan]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
To the people who think its because of exposure:

THE PHONE CANNOT SEE ITSELF THROUGH ITS OWN CAMERA LENS!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
My favorite theory is the phone coming apart, hubby catches the front while taking a photo with the back. Only problem... both halves of the phone couldn't have power at the same time... could they? Anyone know if phones have capacitors?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

I thought about this scenario also, I have used that model myself, looks like a Gravity 2, camera lag is minimal with that model, so I am inclined to dismissing this one also, plus how could the back of the phone photograph the front keypad? I'm wondering if there is a reflective surface on the ceiling. ???

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Wow, this is just so sad
I'm not smart by any stretch of the imagination, but some of these answers given are truely shocking in stupidity. I'm not one normally to point out faults in others, but c'mon... I just can't help myself here.

I'm staring at my own look of disapointment on my face, without the aid of a mirror.

Surely all the stupid answers on shutter speeds, time space... *sigh* why bother...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
To take this photo (as stated by the OP) would require two reflective surfaces carefully aligned--one below the phone, and one above. No other explanation.

Either hoax by the OP, or the OP was duped.

After reading the thread and responses (I must REALLY be bored)
I call hoax.

Two scenarios

1. The photo's appearance gave you the idea, and you decided to do a personal check of ATS'ers gullibility---idle hands are the devil's tools.

2. sorry, this one is just too outrageous to waste time typing......hoax

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by RUDDD49

It would have to have flipped at the speed of light for the back of the phone to face the front of the phone at the exact same time the phone took the picture. I'm wondering what the ceiling of the RV is made of, maybe stainless steel.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join