It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ... How Did My Phone Take a Picture of Itself?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Something a bit odd happened on our camping trip a couple weekends back that we can't come up with a reasonable explanation for ...

We were camping in our pickup camper over the weekend. The kids were goofing off in the bunk bed and my husband grabbed the camera phone to snap a photo of them. While in the process of aiming and shooting, he fumbled with the phone, lost hold of it, but managed to catch it again as it fell. The result was this unusual motion blurred photo of the very same camera phone about to be caught in his hand.

So how on earth did this camera phone manage to snap a picture of itself? In the photo it is clearly the phone in his hand, buttons and all. My first thought was that it somehow caught a reflection of itself while falling, but there were no reflective surfaces in the area where this happened. The only reflection in the photo is shown on the glossy view screen of the phone, in which I think is reflected the ventilation fan on the ceiling directly above it.

The phone is a cheap Net 10 prepay phone, Samsung model t401g. Camera lens is on the back.

Can anyone come up with a logical explanation for this?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0681976c4f71.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Hmmmmmm well what I can tell you is that you know how, you took a photo with your cameraphone pointed at a mirror
A great mystery of the ages solved, lets move on with our lives.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by On the level

But the camera is on the back of the phone...I really would like to know how this could happen too. I dont believe this was an accident...the phones are so cheap why wouldnt both husband and wife have one to use?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
No mirrors! There is one mirror in the camper, it is behind him down the little hallway against the wall (right side of camper as seen in photo). The angle was totally wrong for that mirror to be in play in the photo. No other shiny stuff around. The lens of the phone is facing downward in this photo.

I know it seems crazy, that's why I'm posting it here.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by eeyipes]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
We are so cheap, we share the phone

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I think the photo must have been taken on a second handset.

There is no way that phone could take a picture of itself like that.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
There was no second camera in use at the time. It was recorded on the phone shown in the photo.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
You know, although it is within the realm of possibilities you are totally having a laugh with this, I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Although, to even begin to speculate as to how this could have happened, .....pfff, I don`t know.

Ruling out mirrors etc for the sake of argument and you have a bona fide unexplainable mystery there.

Some anomalous occurrence in the space time vortex.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by eeyipes

If no mirror then a second camera or camera phone, no need to phone Columbo for this mystery. There is no other way if the camera is on the back of the phone that it could have taken this picture. Must have been a boring trip and someone is messing with you

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Well I knew I'd catch some flak for this as it is too weird to believe. I've been lurking for a long time at ATS, but got active just to share this. There were no other adults with us on the trip to be playing practical jokes on us. It's just bizarre.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I have a theory actually that could explain this :

www.flickr.com...

Simmilar to the dark knight movie it is possible to recreate an image from sound. And also it is possible to pin point anything via satelite... so imagine (yes tinfoil hats on please) that they can track you cellular carier unique number from anywhere. I searched a bit and it doesnt seem to have a gps on it.

But even so, simply by a frequency design its possible to find it. Now let us suppose that these phones have an automatic send of information every minute or so, or that it is activated simply by demand remotely, and that the data is collected Somewhere.

Since the phone receives a bidirectionnal connexion from the immiter, and some of its power from the signal, its possible that maybe ... MAYBE... someone activated sonar picture from the cell and cross referencing it with satelite.... MAYBE Produced a picture!!! And MAYBE since there was a software glitch it created a merge of the two images...

I am just saying this since there are many previous threads that seem to suggest that the cellphones, our credit cards, debit cards, and all of our transactionnal information is stored by some evil people. I dont know...

(tinfoil hats off thank you)

But maybe your phone wanted to see your girlfriend naked... hey we never know.... Ohh wait your the dudette... scratch that....

[edit on 21-6-2010 by KpxMarMoTT]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
reply to post by eeyipes

If no mirror then a second camera or camera phone, no need to phone Columbo for this mystery. There is no other way if the camera is on the back of the phone that it could have taken this picture. Must have been a boring trip and someone is messing with you

Shes telling us there were no mirrors and no other phone, just for a moment give her the benefit of the doubt and take what she`s saying as fact, I have, and, providing this isn`t a deliberate hoax thread, I can``t imagine what could cause this based on human understanding of time, and science in general.

So, that would suggest, some time anomaly in our universe, or physics got bent for a second and there were 2 of the same phone for a split second, which at the very quantum level, is, within the realm of possibilities but highly improbable, also, I would have to say at the molecularly complex level of things like phones, the odds against that happening are tooooooooo high to consider it.

So a time anomaly perhaps? The camera on the phone was set off and it caught a pre-emptive snap of it`s future somehow. I couldn`t begin to offer a hypothesis.

OR...........It could be a load of $h1te.
(had to put that in just incase, but I am truly curious)

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by eeyipes

can you take 2 photos and post them?

1 of the front of the phone (open) and 1 of the back?

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by eeyipes

can you take 2 photos and post them?

1 of the front of the phone (open) and 1 of the back?

Thanks.

Hahaha, that`s like you`re asking her to repeat the impossible.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
If all you say is true, very weird indeed. Thank you for the post.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I think that your husband caught the phone again when it was in mid flash.

You said that he dropped it and caught it again, so when it dropped the camera took a photo and he just happened to catch the phone in the split second of it taking the picture, you could try it thousands of times and would not get the same result but it is not impossible and thats what I think happened. The time it took the phone to take the photo he had caught it back in his hand.

edit to add,: what im trying to say is the action of taking the photo was up in the air so to speak, or mid flash.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Lady_Tuatha]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
[edit on 21-6-2010 by Unresponsible]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
ok so basically lets resume :

1 - only 1 phone is present
2 - It's the one taking the photo
3 - "" .....Of itself
4 - While its falling
5 - While there is motion
6 - The camera of the phone is on the falling side pointing the ground
7 - The photo looks like it's taken from the person trying to catch the phone

And so far we have these theories :

A - There was a second phone (An ats prank)
B - There was no phone... (Neo there is no spoon)
C - A spacial disturbance in time.... (Why?)
D - An image created from sound amplification (Sonar)

Anything else?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by eeyipes

Unfortunately, there's NO way for you to prove to us that you didn't use another handset/low quality camera to take the picture. Even if you did prove 100% that you aren't yanking our chains, this one will remain unsolved forever.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Not pics of the actual phone, as hubby took it to work with him, but the same phone model.

Front

Back

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join