It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The WTC was Pre-Rigged with Explosives as a Safety Precaution

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Wow what an interesting story,come to think of it maybe I should put thermite charges in my house......in case of an accident,how foolish does this sound?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oldtimer2
Wow what an interesting story,come to think of it maybe I should put thermite charges in my house......in case of an accident,how foolish does this sound?

Too bad your house is worthless and probably less than 2 stories.

I understand this is too much for some you to comprehend. After the 93 bombing a plan was implemented after reviewing the possible outcomes of a terrorist bomb taking out the core columns at the parking level, the building could of toppled over into the other tower and or fallen over many city blocks. This was a high risk and probable.

There was also a lot of sensitive information being housed in the twin towers and WTC 7. In the name of national security it was considered a prudent measure to ensure that these sensitive materials could not fall into the wrong hands.

Imagine if you will, you are a terrorist and want access to sensitive information that only ultra high officials can have access to. You join a firehouse in NY as a rookie, have a friend set a fire in the building and now you have more authority to be there than a high level CIA agent. You cant have firemen and others having access to these top secret documents. Incase of fire or terrorist attack the plan was implemented that incase of such an event the building would have a fail safe option to control the building in an event of a possible collapse but to also protect the information within.

The insurance company was aware of the pre-rigging of the buildings.

Here is a news clipping.

Shortly before the building collapsed, several NYPD officers and Con-Edison workers told me that Larry Silverstein, the property developer of One World Financial Center was on the phone with his insurance carrier to see if they would authorize the controlled demolition of the building – since its foundation was already unstable and expected to fall.
www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Shadow Herder]

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Shadow Herder]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oldtimer2

Put that way, it does sound foolish. However, you have got it wrong. According to Paul Laffoley, who worked on the design of the South Tower, the towers at the WTC were designed and built with all the detonation wiring pre-installed, but NOT with the explosives pre-planted as well. This considerably reduced the time needed to demolish the towers, as we now know in the case of WTC7.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Nope, sorry you got that all wrong. Paul Laffoley was a painter who worked on the WTC. An artist. Not an engineering architect, not a structural engineer, not a steelworker. An artistic architect who painted artistic renderings. And just recently he produced an artistic concept for the "Freedom Tower".

Sorry but you just got suckered in by the TM lies and twists. There was no wiring pre-rigged. Wiring has a shelf-life and it would have been waaay too degraded to be of any use by 9/11.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

There was no wiring pre-rigged.

Your word against his. He was there and you weren't. "Appeal to authority" is a logical fallacy anyway.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jprophet420

Ahem, let me reiterate:

he was a PAINTER. An architectual artist. What you are doing is basically asking a heart surgeon what should have been done about the O-rings on the Challenger Shuttle's external boosters.

Now what does an artist know about engineering or demolition? Nada. My bet is the guy was yanking his chain. Or someone is lying through their teeth about what was said.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

The WTC was Pre-Rigged with Explosives as a Safety Precaution

I've never heard of a "safety" procedure that involves the deaths of 3000 people...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
Debunkers like to say that either the booms were sonic booms from fighters, aerosol cans, fire extinguishers, machinery etc or flashbacks from 60's drug use. What a joke.

The tendency of the conspiracy people to misrepresent and distort everythign to suit their purpose borders on being pathological. I am an eyewitness to the fact that electrical transformers blow up like a bomb. We had one blow up in a building across the street from where I used to work a few years back. It rattled my building and set that building on fire and we had to evacuate ourselves. If you are trying to claim that electrical transformers can't explode when overheated then you are lying.

Moreover, I also know that fire extinguishers blow up like bombs becuase they're pressurized cannisters. The Mythbusters show had an episode where they were putting fire extinguishers into a bonfire to see if they could get them to fly like rockets. All they did is explode like dynamite, and I don't mean a pop like a firecracker, I mean a pretty healthy KABOOM. If you are trying to claim that large pressurized cannisters like fire extinguishers can't explode when overheated then you are lying.

Now granted, I know some of you are so deeply entrenched in your runaway circular conspiracy logic that you will think the Mythbusters were using specially rigged "conspiracy" fire extinguishers and that secret gov't agents stuck out and planted a bomb in the electrical transformer in that restaurant across the street. Paranoid daydreams notwithstanding I know full well the towers were chock full of things that go BOOM when they catch on fire, and I know full well there was a fire in the towers, meaning that I know full well that at least one BOOM we heard was guaranteed to be one of those items. All the witnesses heard the explosions going off randomly, which only confirms these items were going BOOM as the fires reached them in turn. This "pre-rigged with explosives" bit is nothing but fantasy.

If this is some grand revelation to you, I can't help that.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

We had a large transformer blow up about 3 miles from my house a few years back. The kaboom was heard loud and clear and rattled houses closer to the site. Brought the whole neighborhood out
Good times.

I find it funny how some people scoff at the idea that pressurized things explode when exposed to heat. If there is no danger, then why the heck does every hair-spray, air in a can PC cleaner, AXE body spray can, air freshener can, fire extinguisher, etc say in BIG HONKING LETTERS: WARNING! DO NOT DISPOSE OF INTO FIRE! MAY EXPLODE!!!

Heck we once threw in a small AXE body spray can into a bonfire. The resulting boom echoed quite nicely, like a half stick of dynamite.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek
I find it funny how some people scoff at the idea that pressurized things explode when exposed to heat. If there is no danger, then why the heck does every hair-spray, air in a can PC cleaner, AXE body spray can, air freshener can, fire extinguisher, etc say in BIG HONKING LETTERS: WARNING! DO NOT DISPOSE OF INTO FIRE! MAY EXPLODE!!!

Heck we once threw in a small AXE body spray can into a bonfire. The resulting boom echoed quite nicely, like a half stick of dynamite.

Yep, and if THAT isn't enough, simply look at where the planes hit. Here's a list of the floor by floor residency of WTC 2:

Tenents of WTC 2 listed by floor

Look at where flight U175 hit- literally one floor above the mechanical floors on 75 and 76. This is where the machinery would be located for the elevators, air conditioning, electrical systems, pressurized pipes, etc etc etc, not to mention fuel for emergency generators and grease all over the plance from the machinery, and it would be the very first spot where the plane would have dumped burning fuel all over the place.

I don't pretend to be an expert in fire science, aeronautics, materials engineering, or any of that, but one thing I can guarantee, without hesitancy, is that anyone who seriously tries to claim nothing could ever have blown up from the fires in this location is being woefully ignorant, which isn't surprising since these people are getting 100% of their information from those damned fool conspiracy web sites. You might as well claim that fire isn't hot.

If we have to accept the possibility that at least one of the explosions heard were from non-conspiracy origins, then we have to accept the possibility that all the explosions were from non-conspiracy origins. There's no two ways about it.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by GoodOlDave]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
"I've never heard of a "safety" procedure that involves the deaths of 3000 people..."

Just because this 'safety procedure' may have been originally implemented with all the best intentions in mind, it does not mean it was utilized with these same best intentions. Or, safety may have been just a well thought out excuse for implementing such a nefarious plan.

Thinking in a linear path will not get you anywhere near uncovering what really happened on 9/11. But look at the bright side; it will score you plenty of brownie points with the amateur debunkers.

"As an interstate agency, the Port Authority was not subject to local laws and regulations of the City of New York including building codes."

en.wikipedia.org...

"I am an eyewitness to the fact that electrical transformers blow up like a bomb."

Where were these transformers located in the WTC Towers? Let me guess; they were located where the "two isolated pockets of fire" were located?

"Moreover, I also know that fire extinguishers blow up like bombs becuase they're pressurized cannisters."

Sure...a fire extinguisher exploding 800 feet above ground level in an enclosed area is going to sound like a bomb going off.

"All they did is explode like dynamite,"

Any evidence of windows in the Towers shattering when these fire extinguishers went off like dynamite?

"Paranoid daydreams notwithstanding I know full well the towers were chock full of things that go BOOM when they catch on fire, and I know full well there was a fire in the towers"

Sure they were. Because we all know it is common practice to recklessly violate strict fire codes and load two huge skyscrapers with chock full of things that go BOOM. Especially two buildings which have a population of about 50,000 people on any given day.

"If this is some grand revelation to you, I can't help that."

Considering the type of information you consistently regurgitate, only a "paranoid daydreamer" would ask for your help.

"Heck we once threw in a small AXE body spray can into a bonfire. The resulting boom echoed quite nicely, like a half stick of dynamite."

That explains it! The WTC Towers were a front for the massive distribution of counterfeit AXE body spray.

"Look at where flight U175 hit- literally one floor above the mechanical floors on 75 and 76. This is where the machinery would be located for the elevators, air conditioning, electrical systems, pressurized pipes, etc"

Yep...because it would make a heck of a lot of sense to construct all these aforementioned devices to be as explosive and deadly as possible in the case of a fire. Fire codes? What fire codes?

"If we have to accept the possibility that at least one of the explosions heard were from non-conspiracy origins, then we have to accept the possibility that all the explosions were from non-conspiracy origins. There's no two ways about it."

I know this complex and abstract concept may be a bit difficult to grasp, but how about accepting the possibility that these multiple explosions were from both conspiracy and non-conspiracy origins? I know this reasonable possibility does not suit your agenda, but hey, what's the harm of throwing into the mix?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

reply to post by micpsi

Nope, sorry you got that all wrong. Paul Laffoley was a painter who worked on the WTC. An artist. Not an engineering architect, not a structural engineer, not a steelworker. An artistic architect who painted artistic renderings. And just recently he produced an artistic concept for the "Freedom Tower".

Sorry but you just got suckered in by the TM lies and twists. There was no wiring pre-rigged. Wiring has a shelf-life and it would have been waaay too degraded to be of any use by 9/11.

I did not say he was an architect. He was in fact a designer. No, I did not get suckered. You put false words in my mouth to provide your only reason for rebutting his evidence. It does not cut it, I am afraid. The whole point about his testimony is that he believed the official 9/11 story about the hijackers causing the collapse of the towers, i.e., he was NOT a conspiracy theorist. That makes his claim that the towers were pre-rigged all the more credible.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

A ha ha ha ha ha ha ha... Had to laugh at this one. Yes, the gubbamint preplants explosives at all their top secret sites allright, in order to blow them up in case they are penetrated after a false fire alarm or some other bugger bear. Great idea, with all that classified material just laying around. Well, it's obvious you never had a clearance before or worked in a high security area, and someone was pulling your leg. Oh, yeah, they're also pre-rigging commercial buildings with explosives for safety's sake! Brother! You're a debunker or a nutter, or both.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I know little on this subject, however, I do know: The number of ceos present in their tower offices on 9/11 were the lowest on record. And if a plane were high jacked and we knew of the intent to crash it into a building we still wouldn't stomach shooting it out of the sky

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
This thread is now proven false.

The guy makes his false theory of a core design filled with explosives (as it's being built) can be seen at 1:51 of this video

www.youtube.com...#!v=xrCW3RUJBaI&feature=related

This actual video documentary of the WTC buildings being built at 8:52 shows the core as it really was/is

www.youtube.com...#!v=BCUTYyzHn5s&feature=related

this is part 2 of the documentary

www.youtube.com...#!v=4jxEg51AEDg&feature=related

9-11 was an inside job by the government 100% but the core theory filled with explosives (as it's being built) the guy came up with is false.

That documentary was really neat because you can see the WTC being built, when you see it being built so strong it's even more evident that planes could NEVER take the buildings down.

9-11 was an inside job.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by truthseeker911]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazeofSiriusC

I know little on this subject, however, I do know: The number of ceos present in their tower offices on 9/11 were the lowest on record.

Show us the record please.

Thank you for providing a source for your claim!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

The more and more I review the evidence and the testimonies it seams clearer that these building were designed for its collapse and prerigged to ensure if anything were to happen again they can control the chaos. These building were some of the tallest in the world not to mention the sensitive material held in those building.

I think personally having the building pre rigged is genius. What they are afraid of is did they have to bring down the buildings bacause of the structural damage and their imminent collapse or could they have held off on the controlled collapse till more people cleared the area.

Like I said before. After the bombing in '93, a safety measure was created to ensure that if a bomb would go off again or another terrorist attack, the building can atleast be controlled as it collapsed to ensure less collateral damage.

911 could of been worse if the tower collapse was not controllerd.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

reply to post by jprophet420

Ahem, let me reiterate:

he was a PAINTER. An architectual artist. What you are doing is basically asking a heart surgeon what should have been done about the O-rings on the Challenger Shuttle's external boosters.

Now what does an artist know about engineering or demolition? Nada. My bet is the guy was yanking his chain. Or someone is lying through their teeth about what was said.

Laffoley worked as a designer. He mixed with architects and engineers working on the design of the towers. Your nit-picking over his job title is a silly attempt to weaken his testimony and it doesn't cut it. He had NO reason to lie about the towers being designed for controlled demolition because he was a believer in the official story about hijackers flying planes into the towers. Your suggestions make no sense and I reject them.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Couple problems with these "explosives in the tower for safety reasons" ideas.

1-Explosives have a VERY short shelf life once exposed to the elements. Like, measured with a clock, instead of a calender.

2-The ENORMOUS amounts of radio frequencies around the immediate vacinity would have set off the charges prematurely. RF and explosives don't play well together.

3-The liability on the insurance company would have been way too much, and they would have dropped them like a rock.

4-It's quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Except for maybe nukes at G.Z. That one is pretty far fetched.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Yes and I want to buy the Brooklyn Bridge from you also (do you take payments?). Sounds real safe for tens of thousands of people to go to work each day for 8 yrs in a building rigged with explosives for a potential demolition.
A terrorist could infiltrate security and demolish it while fully occupied. Maybe they just rigged it the weekend before when both security and the power was shut down.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join