It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mental Laziness

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Ok just to give some background info: im 13 and at high school. now recently (as in past few months) ive noticed lots of people just simply refuse to think.they will accept anything (and i mean anything) they are told.they are unobservent,mentally lazy and spend so much time watching TV its ridiculous.one of my friends said he spent 10 hours watchin TV and he couldnt even remember what he was watching!and even with exams coming up lots of people just will not revise and wont pay attention in lessons.about the only people in the school who have bothered to revise are the people taking their GCSEs.and i dont need to tell you that that aint right.even my mate Lewis,who would normally revise 4 hours a night has done none.

is this just modern society or something else?have any of you noticed a similair effect?could it be this "frequency fence" people are talking about?

note: another thing ive noticed is a change in most peoples attitude.this only happened like 2 weeks ago but everyone seems really edgy and less trusting.some have even been prone to angry outburts.even the people who are normally quiet.could just be exam tension but if they arent bothering to revise why would the exams bother them?

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I'm sorry I was watching "Wheel" and eating Cheeto's. What were you saying?

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
I'm sorry I was watching "Wheel" and eating Cheeto's. What were you saying?

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Good observation, at such an early age. You can see that their just loosing interest. Isn't 13 the age when puberty kicks in.
But still 4 hours a day is a long time to be studying. I can't even go 4 hours without taking inbetween breaks. In the end the 4 hours will become like an hour and a half of studying. Unless your mates been supercharged.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
well he does an hour 1/2 when he gets home,1 and 1/2 after dinner then like another hour at 10.well he used to anyway.and thanks for the compliment

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Well, it could be a lack of interest. I've always been kind of lazy and I know when I had exams on a boring subject, I was so overwhelmed by the mundane task I knew I had to do, I simply procrastinated. I mean it could be the fence thing, but that hasnt really been proven, just a lot people saying they have felt funny, but I mean who knows....Look towards your spirituality in that case.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Your still in school! I got out almost a month ago

I never really noticed a change since the kids in my class are like that year round. Some of them only bother to turn in half their work. They do just enough to get a D. Yet they are passed on to the next grade

In many of my classes you can pass simply by asking the teacher to give you some answers. So I can see why few try, there is no bonus to making A's except for a piece of paper. (Except this year, I got a free ticket to a Kenny Chesney concert but it got canceled
) Only about 5 people out of 20 in my class are going to college. One kid even talks about how he is going to work at Wal-Mart his whole life and fix cars on the side. Both his parents are career Wal-Mart workers. All the girls except two are simply going to marry the first guy they meet since they have never mentioned a career or anything beyond high school.

Anyway, my classmates have no goals and therefore no motivation to do well in school.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
that could well be it yeah but the people in my year all want to be barristers,architects lawyers and doctors.they need to put effort in so i dont get why theyre not.but yeah you are right there are people in my year who dont bother to hand in work.and all of the people in my form at least are aiming to go to university but still do nothing.is it because theyre branded a swot or geek if they study?i get good marks in all my work and as a result am frequently called a geek or swot etc etc.could it just be that kids dont want to be isolated from their classmates by doing better academically than them?

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Passion.

we have lost our passion for what we believe in, and what we are building. Read the speeches of Patrick Henry, the writings of Jefferson Davis, etc, these have a Passion for what they believed in.
Our Ecucation system teaches by Rote, and creates followers not leaders. If you see this already, then find your passion in Life and follow it.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Sounds Like the Chemtrails are finaly getting to your area.... actually a good point on the TV , It has been proven that while watching tv your brain produces large amounts of Alpha waves. this is an electronic event in the brain which only occurs when someone is in a coma and the brain is totaly void of logic..... your brain turns the right side off. the side which is used to think analiticly, and the left side fully activates to produce the alph waves.... this leads to a trance like state..... actualy a consious coma

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Ahh.. I remember classroom politics well. You school sounds like mine. (back in the 80's). Don't be put off by being called a geek/swot. It's just mental laziness on their part. It's most likely they're not having a go at you because they resent your marks. There's probably quite a few of the cool/hard/in-crowd kids who get high marks too. (the c**k of our year was also a bit of a "swot", but he also happened to be good in a fight and have a fit older sister so that probably helped his popularity stakes!)

The reason for the ribbing is personal to the guys who do it. They just feeling in-secure themselves and are going along with the rest of the group in taking the piss because it's easy. Just don't take it personally. Have a laugh with them and take the piss back a bit. You'll win major respect and the whole school thing becomes a lot easier.

For my part I was a lazy arse at school. I did my work but only enough to scrape through.. I'm not recommending that, but I guess there's a lot of other aspects of life to learn at school apart from the stuff that gets you from a B grade to an A.

Just start looking at the rest of these guys as the kind of people who'll be applying to you for a job in a few years time! You'll see them all differently, and they'll pick up on this without realising it. You sound like you know the score though... what to you want to do yourself after school?

[edit on 13-6-2004 by muppet]

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
poeple only think about TV/Mobile phone/football/sex now
they are like zombies with only one purpose : consume goods

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaOfTheOmega
Ok just to give some background info: im 13 and at high school. now recently (as in past few months) ive noticed lots of people just simply refuse to think.they will accept anything (and i mean anything) they are told.they are unobservent,mentally lazy and spend so much time watching TV its ridiculous.one of my friends said he spent 10 hours watchin TV and he couldnt even remember what he was watching!and even with exams coming up lots of people just will not revise and wont pay attention in lessons.about the only people in the school who have bothered to revise are the people taking their GCSEs.and i dont need to tell you that that aint right.even my mate Lewis,who would normally revise 4 hours a night has done none.

is this just modern society or something else?have any of you noticed a similair effect?could it be this "frequency fence" people are talking about?

note: another thing ive noticed is a change in most peoples attitude.this only happened like 2 weeks ago but everyone seems really edgy and less trusting.some have even been prone to angry outburts.even the people who are normally quiet.could just be exam tension but if they arent bothering to revise why would the exams bother them?
'

omg u hit it on the head!!

ya, paying attention is hard for me but i studied for my test even tho i think i failed anyway...

but the thing that you said that is 100% true is everyone seams sooo pissy for some reason, we called it hellweek im a JR now
but something seams out of wak maybe just becouse of the tests?? (tommoro i start summerschool even tho i dont need it) "a get ahead class"

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Its near the end of the year. People are probably just too excited about summer to study, not to mention the fact that your 13, and I never really studied when I was 13. Maybe an hour a night at the most.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Well obeserved AlphaOfTheOmega

Am sure i read somewhere that Obesity is overtaking smoking as the number 1 killer. I think obesity may well play a part in it.

Kids munching through food like crisps and chocalate etc. And that these days theres games and stuff on computers rather than kids going out and playing football etc. I think its safe to say there is a decline.

And without exercise and consuming foods just like 'DarkSide' said there brain and motivation will slowly fade away.

I thing that i remember and its pretty sad lol. i remember John Fashuna (spelling?) being in a programme called 'Am a celebrity get me out of here' and he was exercising and keeping his mind awake and alert and he said something like lazyness is a disease. His point i assume is that if you become lazy it wont change unless you become active

Rynaldo

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Yeah it has become a part of North America fror sure with many people. Too lazy to complete post. lol

I read in a book about how Americans are becoming increasingly Fat, lazy and ugly. Those aren't my words, that was the title of the book. When you see something called Fat Lazy and Ugly you just have to check it out

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
It's just condenced information. I am not allowed to post detailed articles here.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Best start sleeping with some covering over your crystal (head). The whole nation has been rendered reactionary by people who visit in astral form in the night. They gaze into you third eye and astral project into your dreams and "wreck house" while in there. They also beat people's auras silly by killing your chakras and absorbing the etheric energy released by the violence. Most people have become jerks over the last few years and thinking happens rarely anymore. The Illuminatti practice astral vampirism to get their Illumination. Most big budget movies contain alchemical information in symbolically encrypted form which reveal the specific nature of this process (the Harry Potter movie out now for example).

www.geocities.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I think some people were on a good idea about this. There is just to distraction in general. I guess its hard to balance a social life as well as academic work, and usually high school is the time when people can sort this stuff out. THen they become prepared for college in that respect when they are out on their own. I bet they come back around, eventually they will realize the importance of their work in high school.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Wilhelm Reich referred to people's "sudden edginess" as the emotional plague which comes and goes like a cunning disease. Vampirism is an advancement over that process where people get drained of their cheer and become edgy and jerk-like. They take on a manic buzz laced with psychopathic inclinations, and then they become depressed. Think Klebold and Harris. It was vampirism and life-long mind-control which created that symbolically arranged massacre.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join