It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Look.. Oil Volcano & Underwater Flames from one of the Live Feeds???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I don't think this is normal but then again I haven't been watching these live feeds so please tell me it IS. www.ustream.tv... This one sent a shock through me when I first saw it.

Looks like gas bubbles and oil galore. Plus on the left side of the screen there is something that looks like a flame. Can a flame burn underwater? If it's a flame, what's burning?? The gas? Or the oil?

Anyone have any idea which camera this is? Sorry for so many questions but like I said, I have paid little attention to the live feeds til now.

One last question, can someone capture a picture of this with the "flame"? I don't know how.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I think you might be referring to the yellow housing on the cap. We already went through this before, as myself and a group of others thought it was flames. Closer inspection showed it was the cap head. Here's the clip I recorded from a few days back.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by newBodyoldSoul

Did you look at it? Is it the same thing as you guys discussed before? I must have missed that discussion. I do know it doesn't appear to be the same camera or angle as the video you posted.

[edit on 20/6/2010 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I think it is the same thing that was discussed before and it was found that it was just the disspersant being shot out of a small tube.... I think

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I'm 100% positive. I swore for two days straight it was fire.

You can clearly see the yellow is stagnant meaning it's not moving. We all know fire on the other hand is definitely alive and moving.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
This is aweful. And to think that we "can't" do anything about it. I say b.s. Can anyone explain why they say it's not possible to cap it. And if i might ask WHY were they drilling that low anyway?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I think he's talking about
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by hilary.shall

One of the deepest offshore oil fields in the Gulf of Mexico lies beneath 7,000 feet of water and under more than 20,000 feet of rock and sand. Estimated to hold as much as 100 million barrels of crude, the field was discovered by Chevron in 2001, and production began in 2008. It is less than 20 miles west of the Deepwater Horizon blowout.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by newBodyoldSoul

Yeah, that's the one. Thanks! Can you link to the thread that you guys were discussing it in? I'd like to know what convinced you it isn't flames.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There ya go^^^

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Check out ( if you are in a country that can get it) Naome Kleins article entitled " A hole in the world" The Guardian on Saturday news paper p 32.
It was for the 19th of June but I bet the ones who know how can google it. She's blown the cover on all kinds of political and environmental issues in the past (read 'The Shock Doctrine') and is a higly respected author and activist.
You ask how this happened in the first place? The following might give you some insight... Sitting on (the now ex CE of BP) Tony Haywards desk, is a plaque which reads, "IF YOU KNEW YOU COULD NOT FAIL, WHAT WOULD YOU TRY? ( He told this to a group of grad students from Stanford University)
As Klein says, ".. Far from being a benign inspirational slogan...(it's) an accurate description of how BP and its competitors behaved in the real world."
And this from Sarah Palin - "Let's Drill, baby, drill, not stall baby, stall!"
These are the kind of people we're dealing with -
Enough said

top topics

join