It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALERT - is lava now on the sea floor in the Gulf?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

ALERT - is lava now on the sea floor in the Gulf?

www.bp.com

Total oil recovered from both the LMRP Cap and Q4000 systems since they were implemented is approx. 249,500 barrels.
• As previously reported, volumes were slightly lower on the 19th due to the Enterprise shutdown to clean a flame arrestor and passing of a lightning storm.
• The next update will be provided at 6:00pm CDT on June 20, 2010.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[mod edit: fixed long source link skewing page]

[edit on 21-6-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I have been watching both ROV1 and ROV2 and a little while ago the rover ROV2 stopped and focused in on a pipe near a fissure. After a while the fissure started to become red and is now showing a clearly glowing fissure.

I have also seen that the ROV1 is now unable to show the entire oil eruption on the screen as it has grown to such an extent that it is unable to capture it with the view angle it has. BP needs to either pull the ROV back a few feet or change the lens!

ROV2
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-6-2010 by theregonnakillme]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Look at the pipe where there is a curve, just above that you can see the red area which was not there when the rover arrived!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9cde5ed8b120.png[/atsimg]

Anyone that scuba dives knows that over 80 feet anything red becomes black. When you do an advanced deep dive course, they take a chip packet or sheet of red plastic so you can see the effect. a bright red sheet becomes a black sheet. you need special lights and filters to see the red clearly.

How this all related to Lava I am not sure, but I know what i saw and the red area was not there when the rover stopped and looked at the fissure.

What I find strange is that a piece of pipe would be just lying there all broken and sorry looking right next to a fissure leaking gas and oil and then BOOM it turns red, and now the ROV just sits there like Tony Haywood at a congressional hearing.

------

OK so now it seems to have gone or cooled down. Sorry the picture is too large and it has cropped it here is a direct link.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/10bf459e17d2.png[/atsimg]

No it's still there. This thing is definitely hot one minute cold the next check it out for yourselves.

ROV2

Oh my dear golly gosh!!! As one can see from the screen shot I took at 12:38:11 (see above) and then at 14:09:40 (see below) the sea floor is cracked and rising. you can clearly see below the yellow handle that the sea floor is rising which is opening up the fissure!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7457b526e454.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
If you check out Skandi RoV 1 it looks like lava ! - but something is missing.

When you are looking at undersea volcanos there is a shimmer to the water due to the dispersed heat - and im seeing nothing like that here.

www.bp.com...

This is the view im looking at at the mo - looks scary but i think its the paint and colour difraction due to the depth.

WTA - wrong board - should really be in the Deepwater section please move any mods ?

[edit on 20-6-2010 by Silk]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
don't think its lava... it would be bubbeling of the heat...
wat my interrest is... those filaments...wires floating in the water... wat is it ??????

http://(nolink)/bp-live-oil-spill-cam.html

look at ocean intervention ROV1 could it be ash from the burning at the surface???

[edit on 20-6-2010 by ressiv]

[edit on 20-6-2010 by ressiv]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

Well what ever it is - is extremely HOT. The water is in fact bubbling, and is doing so in a violent manner.

This does not look good.....or natural.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hmm Skandi ROV 1 just flipped through like 2-3 other black/white cameras, did anyone catch that?

The things we dont know

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by KillenfizzenHumboflorator
reply to post by ressiv

Well what ever it is - is extremely HOT. The water is in fact bubbling, and is doing so in a violent manner.

This does not look good.....or natural.

Doesn't look natural, eh?
Well, either they do not have real experts reviewing the "daily's"...or they are just over confident that the majority of the masses will buy the illusion.

Have you ever seen a Hollywood production of ships at sea in a storm? They make small scale models of the ship and put it in a big bucket. They slosh the bucket to create the storm. It looks absolutely real when it hits the big screen.

Keep watching and listening. Maybe we will see more "Bloopers."

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I'm watching now and the red seems to be showing up again. Interesting, could it really be lava?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Keep watching and you will see it come and go. We need some experts on underwater volcanoes to get in on this! What I can see is the red come and go, but you always see the distortion that the heat is causing on the water on the right side of the picture!

Scrap that, the entire picture is now being effected by the heat haze!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
What's the waviness I keep seeing, like heat coming off of a hot road? Is it gases leaking up from the sea floor or just some problem with the feed and or camera?

Edit, you answered my question in your edit, thanks.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by bigern]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
neeyy don't think its lava...thougt someting under the red is leaking from the bottom..
that ROV holds itself to position to a peace of debris... couverd with soil from the seabed.....
think the red dot is man made...chancing colours by the leaking in front of it...

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

Good OP S&F
Oh #, I see shimmering in the water and I see the spot change from black to red. You can see it more in full screen mode.

How far is the BOP away from the lava.?

This is not a good sign.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
holy crap! What is that?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by martinkb

That's the same spot I saw change from black to red.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I was looking at the feed for several minutes and did indeed see short term intermittent times where that small area turned red with a glowing quality of sorts to it. I'm unsure what to make of but find it interesting.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by theregonnakillme
This thing is definitely hot one minute cold the next check it out for yourselves. (bet it turns out to be my wife)

brilliant!
I can't seem to open the pictures for some reason but I am definitely going to keep track of this thread to see what develops.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by IcarusDeepSea]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Actually, lava would be a GOOD THING.

It would essentially solidify once it reached the water and then it would stop the leak.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FearNoEvil

No Idea of the distance from the B.O.P to ROV2.

As to the red being made made that is simply being hidden and uncovered by water movement or something, very unlikely. When I was first watching this the ROV came up to this little fissure with the strangely located piece of pipe and just watched it. All of a sudden the red just appeared! stayed for 5 minutes and then went away. It is now coming and going with the hazy water around it.

WHY would they be watching a piece of man made rubbish just sitting on the sea floor next to a disconnected piece of pipe for hours. This ROV costs thousands of dollars per hour to run and they are watching a piece of rubbish? I don't think so. Anything they look at is a causal or consequential of this event.

My money is still on Lava! why, because look at ROV1. remember how the methane hydrate was coming out a white powder?, well now it is actually bubbling like it is coming out as gas. Which makes sense as the eruption is now so large it cover the entire camera view; where as two weeks ago it barley covered a 1/4 of the screen.

get this post to the top so we get some attention and have 24 hour coverage going. If this starts to go then people need to be warned right away!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

ROV2 is a loop, has anyone else noticed? You can still see the red start to appear and then the loop starts over and it disappears again. I saw it appear right where you guys pointed it out in that pic and then it suddenly disappears.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join