It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Name of the Star is Wormwood

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Originally posted by Under Water

So, it obviously appears several times in the KJV. What's your point?

The difference has to be that Wormwood is the name of the star.

Where in other parts of the bible the original word had more to do with poison or something else.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by In nothing we trust]

I thought the "signs/prophecies" of the bible is/were from life, as in
for everyday situations.

Just because something is, doesn't make it something is for the currant events for that what is needed for the prophecies of the bible.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by problemsolvr
Everyone who reads these communications should also know of Revelations talk of symbology of "The Bottomless Pit", the "Lake of Fire" and "Abaddon".

The lake of fire or Abaddon lies directly underneath your feet.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fc94ddd23589.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Oil leaks, comets, methane explosions or even chipmunks with aids.
This stuff is bad juju.
It is truly worrying me, at least I got my kids past their teenie bopper years.
I sure hope captain planet got the message I sent, sadly I think he is done with us.
Stupid human pigs.
Yeah yeah doom and gloom, but this stuff just looks ominous.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I always find it funny that people try to fit bible prophecies in with the ENGLISH language.

Hmmmm...I wonder what the name of the "wormwood" plant is in Hebrew???

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Originally posted by Under Water

So, it obviously appears several times in the KJV. What's your point?

The difference has to be that Wormwood is the name of the star.

Where in other parts of the bible the original word had more to do with poison or something else.

Exactly, and it's the other uses of the word that i asked about.... not the obvious one about the star. The star's name is just that, a name. I wanted to know what the word wormwood meant back then, in reference to the descriptions that showed up several times outside of revelations. It's used as both an adjective and a noun.. i want to know what that noun is.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracyguru

I'd known for some time that in the Ukraine language, apparently, Wormwood means "Chernobyl".

This to me suggested that the Star Wormwood was Nuclear Energy, either as a larger Chernobyl-like accident or Thermo-nuclear war.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I always find it funny that people try to fit bible prophecies in with the ENGLISH language.

Hmmmm...I wonder what the name of the "wormwood" plant is in Hebrew???

While your at why don't you find out what wormwood is in greek, aramaic and hebrew and what Revelation says in greek, aramaic and hebrew.

It would be an interesting comparison.

BUt to me it looks like you will only find the name of the star written in Greek.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
reply to post by conspiracyguru

I'd known for some time that in the Ukraine language, apparently, Wormwood means "Chernobyl".

This to me suggested that the Star Wormwood was Nuclear Energy, either as a larger Chernobyl-like accident or Thermo-nuclear war.

"Chernobyl" does not mean "wormwood" in Ukrainian. Despite our large linguistic difference, we Russians share the majority of our language roots with Ukrainians. "Chernobyl" means "black grass", with the root "chyorni" meaning "black". Nothing in the word, it's roots, or it's declensions means "wormwood" or any variation of the name. The Ukrainian word for wormwood is almost identical to the Russian: "polin' " in Russian, "polinu" in Ukrainian.

[edit on 6/21/2010 by VneZonyDostupa]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin

Or a planet destroying meteorite or comet.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
It makes me have hope when I read of someone trying to understand any passage in the bible. I have a very opened mind and I am very careful as to what I trust when others say anything. I listen to them and then do my own studying to find the truth at the best of my abilities.

Now, I have studied the Holy Bible for about 14 years now. I can tell you that there are two types of language in the bible; literal and figurative. The only time that figurative language is used is when the author is writing about a dream or vision.

Another important note is to know which bible someone is reading. The English Standard Version is the best bible to read for those who can not read the Old Testament and New Testament in their original languages. Old Testament was written in Hebrew and the New Testament was written in Greek. The translation is critical. The English Standard Version is a literal translation. Meaning that the scribes did not guess what the translated word should be.

All of the book of Revelation is a vision given to John on the island of Patmos during the reign of the Roman Empire. It was a vision given to him. Therefore it is figurative language.

So the verse is Revelation 8:10 "The third angel blew his trumpet, and a great star fell from heaven, blazing like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water. 11The name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters became wormwood, and many people died from the water, because it had been made bitter."

Notice that I bolded the word "star". That is because a star is an angel when the author uses figurative language. Notice that in Revelation 1:20 that a star is an angel. An angel can be good and bad. Satan is a fallen angel. Actually, Lucifer is one of the two Cherubs that hold the mercy seat of God which covers the Ark of the Covenant.

As noted in the start of this post, wormwood is a plant. This plant can cause hallucinations when ingested. It is bitter and represents wrath and death. So it seems reasonable to stand as the verse Revelation 8:11 to read: "The name of the angel is death."

I am not sure as to whether most readers on here care to read my take on the Bible. So I will not post anymore unless other readers will be interested. I will keep an eye on this thread for feedback. If ya'll would like more, I will post it.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

a well put together thread, but I'm just tired of reading interpretations of works that are open to interpretations.

a thousand people have fifty beliefs as to what wormwood is.

I believe, for example, that wormwood is the Sun, and that the bible is written by influence from pagan elves.

edited to add:

(off topic) this is my first thread, somebody flag it.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by pickle_badtooth]

oops: my first post. change flag to star and the
makes sense..

[edit on 21-6-2010 by pickle_badtooth]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by NoSoup4U

I found it very helpful, thanks.

So you believe each time it was mentioned outside of revelations, they were literally talking about the actual wormwood plant and nothing else?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Here is everything in the ESV

Proverbs 5:4 but in the end she is bitter as wormwood, sharp as a two-edged sword. Proverbs 5:3-5 (in Context) Proverbs 5 (Whole Chapter)

Lamentations 3:15 He has filled me with bitterness;he has sated me with wormwood. Lamentations 3:14-16 (in Context) Lamentations 3 (Whole Chapter)

Lamentations 3:19 Remember my affliction and my wanderings, the wormwood and the gall! Lamentations 3:18-20 (in Context) Lamentations 3 (Whole Chapter)

Amos 5:7 O you who turn justice to wormwood and cast down righteousness to the earth! Amos 5:6-8 (in Context) Amos 5 (Whole Chapter)

Amos 6:12 Do horses run on rocks?Does one plow there with oxen? But you have turned justice into poisonand the fruit of righteousness into wormwood — Amos 6:11-13 (in Context) Amos 6 (Whole Chapter)

Revelation 8:11 The name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters became wormwood, and many people died from the water, because it had been made bitter. Revelation 8:10-12 (in Context) Revelation 8 (Whole Chapter)

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

Yes. You are correct. If the word "Wormwood" is not used in a vision or dream, then it is literal. This is how a lot of people get confused reading the bible because they do not know about literal and figurative language. This is very important to understand. Knowing this will open your eyes to a lot of what each prophecy is saying!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
the gulf is saltwater. it's already bitter.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
the gulf is saltwater. it's already bitter.

bitter and salty are two different things

There are five primary taste sensations:
salty
sour
sweet
bitter
umami

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
For the record , I don't adhere to , or follow ANY religious dogma .

That being said , the word 'wormwood' in this verse , translates from the word which means 'undrinkable' , and has no relation to any plant , as far as I can ascertain . Youngs Analytical Concordance .

[edit on 20-6-2010 by okbmd]

Can you link this translation for the word please Okbmd?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by njl51

the bp logo does resemble wormwood plant.

Originally posted by A por uvas

The FLOWER of wormwood could pass as being similar to the BP logo.

Originally posted by Legion2112

Maybe it's something, maybe it's nothing, but the logo's look and color scheme, especially against that of the actual Wormwood plant is remarkable... when you take into account the prophetical mention in religious texts...

The logo does look like the plant in my opinion.

And the verse could be refering to a past event such as a star that has aleady fallen, into the Gulf of Mexico, at some time in earths past history. And now we have drilled into it's geologic remains and what is underneath is being released into the oceans.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by EnkiCarbone

Love your sense of humor...but no, I do not see anything to make me believe that this event has anything to do with the revelations of St. John the Divine...I do not think that the wormwood looks like the BP logo either. I do have my own theories about why the gulf is suffering so much but I won't trouble this group with my notions...far more meaningful than biblical revelations however...but think now isn't it a bit odd that we had an earthquake in Haiti, a region that seldom has earthquakes, and now a huge bad spill of oil in the same area of the world...two black marks in a single given administration...very odd to me that this is happening and an omen of something...want to take any bets on what?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
GUYS. It's not the end of the world. I haven't seen one single thing in the bible that would lead me to believe that the end was near. No signs, nothing. I see alot of people stretching things to make them fit current events, but stretching things isn't good enough.

Stop being stupid and falling for all this fear mongering bull.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join