It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Name of the Star is Wormwood

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The FLOWER of wormwood could pass as being similar to the BP logo.Also just read that wormwood is used to make absinthe. Powerful plant.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Thought it intresting that Schlumberger defines "worm" as drilling.

www.glossary.oilfield.slb.com...

I am just saying....thats all. I do not believe the crisis is the end of the world or nothing. Oil is a natural subtance produced by the earth itself and since it leaks all the time into the ocean given time it will recover from our man made blunder. We may not have enough time to recover but I do believe we wsill kill ourselves in a much faster and expensive way through wars and such.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Nice post. Interesting none the less. Thought I would steal it off you and post it on my Facebook account for comment. S&Fs on this...

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

No it does not refer to that, why? Wormwood was also the name of the nuclear power plant that blew up that was called shernoble* aka wormwood. And all that radiation that was leaked out caused their land and water to become bitter.

I believe this oil gusher in the gulf could I said could refer to Rev. 8:8-9. John was seeing a vision and he could only describe what he thought what it looked like. The mountain being the oil rig on top of the sea, caught on fire and was cast into the sea. And so on...

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Revelation 8:11

the name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter.

the name of the star is wormwood.

meow, purr, or roar???

two phrases, identical ingredients:
Arraigned wormwood Purr
Wounded Warrior Program

wounded warriors .... warriors hurt from the great oil wars of the early 21st century ....

yep yep,
ET

also:
wordsmith.org...

[edit on 20-6-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by celticwarrior

You say you want to know how this flower is the new harbringer of death and distruction. l think l may be able to help you out there. A short while ago Hothsnake put a post on ATS. `Extremely Rare Astrological Alignment could spell global meltdown in late summer` l just read it again and it made my blood run cold. lm sorry l cant do links. all l can say is God help us if hes right.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I always say

you can interpret a book in any way you want to fit your agenda

killers find justification in the bible, control freaks too, people that want peace too

so, this guy ...

really nothing to see here, this just shows that religious freaks will always try to convince themselves that their belief is the right one trying to find "predictions" in their books

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Nahhh...

wormwood LITERALLY means Chernobyl

Here, this will help:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyguru
The russian word for wormwood is "Chernyobel"

No, it's not. The Russian word for wormwood is "polin' (POH-lihn)", or полынь. The word "chernyobel", which I assume you actually meant to be "chernobyl" means "black grass", with the root "chyorni" meaning "black".

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Honestly, this is a correlation that hadn't even crossed my mind...

Maybe it's something, maybe it's nothing, but the logo's look and color scheme, especially against that of the actual Wormwood plant is remarkable... when you take into account the prophetical mention in religious texts...

Good eye OP, s & f

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
No.

Because if you believe Revelations, then you must look at the rest of that passage. It describes a star falling from the sky. Nothing fell from the sky to cause the oil spill. And it's nowhere near the scale as described in Revelations. You're grasping for straws here.

Sorry, but I gotta say: fail.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire

Because if you believe Revelations, then you must look at the rest of that passage. It describes a star falling from the sky. Nothing fell from the sky to cause the oil spill.

Some have said that the gulf of mexico was created by a metorite.

In 2002 geologist Michael Stanton published a speculative essay suggesting an impact origin for the Gulf of Mexico at the close of the Permian, which could have caused the Permian–Triassic extinction event.

en.wikipedia.org...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c6f596e1ad76.jpg[/atsimg]

Effect of the Gulf of Mexico Meteor impact on Earth's evolution

The meteorite's estimated size was about 10 km (6 mi) in diameter, releasing an estimated 500 zettajoules (5.0×1023 joules) of energy, approximately 100 teratons of TNT (1014 tons),[1] on impact. By contrast, the most powerful man-made explosive device ever detonated, the Tsar Bomba or Emperor Bomb, had a yield of only 50 megatons, which would make this impact 2,000,000 times more powerful.

The impact would have caused some of the largest megatsunamis in Earth's history. These would have spread in all directions, hitting the Caribbean island of Cuba especially hard. A cloud of dust, ash and steam would spread itself from the crater. The pieces of the meteorite would have rained all over Earth, igniting global wildfires. The shock waves would have continued hundreds of kilometers into the planet, causing global earthquakes and volcanic eruptions.

The emission of dust and particles covered the entire surface of the earth for several years, possibly a decade, creating a harsh environment that many leading geologists and paleontologists now believe led to the extinction of the non-avian dinosaurs, many plants, and other lifeforms that depend on photosynthesis to survive.

www.gulfpreserve.org...

[edit on 20-6-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
As a prelude to that biblical reference there is this one just one passage back.
Revelation 8:10 "And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters"

The BP log didn't fall from heaven and the oil certainly didn't either unless a meteorite fell from heaven and hit the oil rig under the water and ocean floor. But then, we would have seen turbulent waves, if not tsunami's etc. ...just grasping at straws, but I do know BP is not from heaven and oil was always where it is now,......it didn't FALL from anywhere. BP logo looks more like a Protea plant if you ask me. Just a thought, for those of you who know mythology consider this:

Proteus was an early SEA-god that could fortell the future. You know how these Illuminati types work with all of their symbology and mythical worship. here is a small clip from wiki on 'Proteus'.

In Greek mythology, Proteus (Πρωτεύς) is an early sea-god, one of several deities whom Homer calls the "Old Man of the Sea"[1], whose name suggests the "first" (from Greek "πρῶτος" - protos, "first"), as protogonos (πρωτόγονος) is the "primordial" or the "firstborn". He became the son of Poseidon in the Olympian theogony (Odyssey iv. 432), or of Nereus and Doris, or of Oceanus and a Naiad, and was made the herdsman of Poseidon's seals, the great bull seal at the center of the harem. He can foretell the future, but, in a mytheme familiar from several cultures, will change his shape to avoid having to; he will answer only to someone who is capable of capturing him.

Better yet, let me make this easier still, look what I found!

Here is where I found the following (BP's Own website!)

Asset Name: Proteus Oil Pipeline

BP Pipelines (North America) Inc.
Primary Contact: Don Gregor
[email protected]
281-366-7651
(office)
281-658-9392 (mobile)
Asset Description:
– Part of the Mardi Gras Transportation System
Provides access to Mississippi Canyon area of the Gulf of Mexico
etc.

It's on BP's own website and consider the mythical sea-god above and the Proteus plant and the desire to mold/view the future.

Here is the whole wiki study of Proteus

[edit on 20-6-2010 by Phenomium]

link   
Here is a tiny picture I found:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9ce2fe26019f.jpg[/atsimg]

Wormwood absinthe

link   

Interesting how these Web Design professionals referred to it as a "flower" after it was designed:

"The BP logo redesign takes a boring, static shield with initials and transforms it into a bright, colorful clean flower. This logo is an attempt to move the company in a completely new direction (or just reflect that in the image). Designed by Landor."

Source: designreviver.com...

[edit on 20-6-2010 by manta78]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

Understood, it's not exactly the "fiery mountain" that falls from the heavens, just saying I hadn't even bothered to consider the connection... in that respect, whether it amounts to nothing or something, I say good catch...

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I really can't believe the comments. It's hitting you in the face, and you know you see it.

The logo absolutely looks very much like many of the illustrations of that flower. The yellow surrounded by the green. The buds or flowers. It also looks like a star.
All the verses that speak of the sea and the fire.
That's exactly what that burning rig looked like. A mountain. In the middle of the sea.

This was all described by a man 2000 years ago from a vision. This could very well be the way he would have described what he did not fully understand.

I find it amazingly strong.
Thank you OP, for your post.

And the person who said The Bible has been "debunked".

That is a statement I have never even heard. I have heard many scholars say the opposite. That all of the prophecy has come true.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by turk182]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Perhaps the upper echelon of BP (British Petroleum) ingest absinthe, which is a product of the plant and also perhaps the upper echelon BP (British Petroleum) believe in fulfilling prophecies of Revelaton, or are being deceived by forces that certain humans do not quite comprehend.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by problemsolvr]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I refer you to the gentleman that stated that no bible prophesy has ever come true: I Quote from Isai 53:"He was despised and forsaken of men, A man of sorrows,and acquainted with grief. He was despised and we did not esteem him. Surely our griefs He Himself Bore. and our sorrows He carried, yet we ourselves esteemed him stricken. smitten of God and Afflicted. But he was pierced through for our transgressions, Our stripes he did wear. He was crushed for our iniquities. By His Scourging we are healed. All of us like sheep have gone astray. Each of us has turned to his own way. But the Lord has caused the iniquity of us all to fall on Him." He was our Sin offering . It should have been Us on the cross and not Him. He did No wrong, commited no wrongs and not Once did he sin in his entire life, yet he willingly bore the final punishment that we all should have gotten for our sins and iniquities. Yes Bible prophesy does come true!!!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracyguru

"...And a third of the see turned to blood"

This could be correct, if you follow my logic. The oil could very well be the blood of Mother Earth leaking out there....the Bible does not say whether the blood is human of not. At the current rate of leakage, it could cover a third of the sea very soon. Think about it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join