It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama : No border security until amnesty passes

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Sen. Kyl: 'Obama Says No Border Security without Amnesty'

n a stunning revelation at an Arizona town hall meeting this past Friday, Republican Senator Jon Kyl told his constituents that President Obama privately insisted that he will not secure the border until amnesty for illegal aliens passes first. According to Kyl, Obama argued that Democrats would lose their bargaining chips for any type of amnesty if the government beefs up its presence on the chaotic border. “The problem is,” Obama allegedly told Kyl, "If we secure the border, then you all won’t have any reason to support comprehensive immigration reform.”

Not a big surprise... if there's no ``crisis`` nobody wants to support a ``solution``...

And this whole amnesty/let the border open is supported by BOTH PARTIES, while most Americans oppose it.

Remember... REAGAN gave amnesty to illegals... Bush tried to pass amnesty... And now Obama is just continuing this failed policy...

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Why can't anyone realize how desperately we need these people gone? I live in Arizona (East Tucson, fortunately) and we're constantly reminded of the troubles the immigrants from the South side bring. There's the obvious ones, like gang wars and drugs and weapons and death; but they also break into houses, set cars on fire, abduct children, and after doing these things, some of them actually run back to Mexico to avoid arrest. If people still fail to see this as a crisis, they are ignorant or just plain stupid.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

It figures that Obama would pull a stunt like this...after all, he seems to like making back room deals...because that is the only way that he can push his corrupt agenda against the people.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This is impeachable as a dereliction of duty.
One of the primary duties for the POTUS is securing borders!
HE is blackmailing congress foe his ideology while lives are at risk and a
Foreign force has taken over our soil!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by make the blind see

we're constantly reminded of the troubles the immigrants from the South side bring. There's the obvious ones, like gang wars and drugs and weapons and death; but they also break into houses, set cars on fire, abduct children, and after doing these things, some of them actually run back to Mexico to avoid arrest.

Are you going to sit there and tell me that Americans don't do some of the the same things you mentioned above?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

That has to be some kind of argument fallacy. It doesn't matter in the statement that illegal immigrants are doing this in Arizona.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Yup, nothing more sincere then second hand information from an oppossing party.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DesertDweller

This is impeachable as a dereliction of duty.

Besides the Senator saying Obama said this and that, where's the proof?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
i am not very knowledgable about this entire situation. i will admit that before i post this.

if The Illegal Immigrants were granted amnesty, Could that possibly Help our economy?

If the Illegal immigrant is now paying taxes, could that in theory help to pay for the welfare programs and other redistribution of wealth programs inside our country?

although, as as good number of illegals could now demand to get paid higher wages, so that could also mean that amnesty could add on to our strained unemployment rate, and many business may not be able to stay afloat once they have to pay higher wages.

I do not know where to stand on the Amnesty issue.

I agree that if our borders were secure in the first place the illegal immigrant issue would be alot less severe(less illegals in the country) and would most likely not be a big deal to give the Immigrants amnesty.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Double post delete

[edit on 20-6-2010 by 7even7eas]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
amazing triple post delete

[edit on 20-6-2010 by 7even7eas]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
They want amnesty for illegal immigrants so they can secure more votes in the 2012 election.

The fact that they are doing this on the eve of the Arizona immigration law is just a slap in the face to a state our big bad federal government is supposed to protect. We can shoot up innocents in other countries, but protecting our citizens? Nawww, come on man!

Personally, I have no opinion on the law because I don't live there and it isn't any of my business. State rights and whatnot. Noble concept I know.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFinalTruth14

They want amnesty for illegal immigrants so they can secure more votes in the 2012 election.

:shk:

Don't you know that even if they gave them some of permission to stay, they wouldn't be able to vote. One has to be a US citizen in order to that. And that process itself takes time.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Fair point, so I did a quick search for the amount of time taken to become a US citizen.

www.uscitizenship.info...

"Depending on where and when you choose to file your application, the period of time between sending in the completed application and the interview to become a U.S. Citizen can vary from five months to more than two years.

The swearing-in ceremony for receiving the naturalization certificate will then take place from 1 to 180 days after the interview, although in a few U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS, formerly known as the INS) district offices, it can take another one or two years.

The length of time for the entire process depends on the number of U.S. Citizenship applications the USCIS offices receive in each state. Additionally, making a mistake on your application can cost you even more time. However, by using our unique do-it-yourself service, you will be assisted throughout the entire process - helping you prevent costly mistakes to your application."

Seems possible they could get some more pro-Obama votes through this.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by make the blind see

we're constantly reminded of the troubles the immigrants from the South side bring. There's the obvious ones, like gang wars and drugs and weapons and death; but they also break into houses, set cars on fire, abduct children, and after doing these things, some of them actually run back to Mexico to avoid arrest.

Are you going to sit there and tell me that Americans don't do some of the the same things you mentioned above?

YES, BUT WE DO NOT GO TO MEXICO AND DO THEM. NOW YOU KNOW.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

[

Don't you know that even if they gave them some of permission to stay, they wouldn't be able to vote. One has to be a US citizen in order to that. And that process itself takes time.

It is the hispanic sector vote they want, and that is a large chunk. Or are you implying that all Latinos are illegal and unable to vote?

[edit on 20-6-2010 by DesertDweller]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

OK.

First, they submit application. The application will take years to get approved due to various reasons. Then once they get their card, they must wait 5 years in order to apply for citizenship.

Of course, many choose not to go for citizenship.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Ahh yes, you reminded me about that vote while I just responded to what he was implying.

Also, the legal family members of illegal immigrants would be a vote they are looking for.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

[color=#FF6600]Why are ballots printed in Spanish then? [color=#FF0000]You have to be a citizen to vote. [color=#FFFFFF]You have to learn English to become a citizen. [color=#3333FF]So if you need a ballot in Spanish, you are an illegal perpetrating voter fraud.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

It is the hispanic sector vote they want, and that is a large chunk. Or are you implying that all Latinos are illegal and unable to vote?

First, Latino's don't have a good turn out record.

Second, Democrats have most of Latino's votes anyway.

Third, American's (Latino's included) will IMO decide their vote on the economy issue.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by jam321]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join