It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Real-Life Super-Powers

page: 99
<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: mpeake

Ok, I haven't really understood how I did this, but my friend believes it's a super power. So I'll tell you the circumstances as to why he came to this conclusion.
I was in college, during this year of college, I created and invented a device, human machine interface. But also I participated in a play. I was a lead in the "Bald Soprano". I do hope I had done this well enough for it to be notable. Anyways, my professor of computer science was my favorite and an incredible person to say the least. I was walking toward the area in which we staged this play, I was very nervous, I looked to my left and saw my professor crying, in front of me walking towards me was a pastor/native shaman friend, my only thought was I could not help her as people where filling seats, and I needed someone to help her, so I pushed him to her direction. I wasn't aware of how hard or physical this was to him until after the play, he came up to me and told me that I was indeed a very powerful person, he had never been pushed so violently in one direction by air inside a building in his entire existance. He asked me if I was aware what I had done. I told him I was somewhat aware of my intent but obviously need to apologize for the inability to control the amount of force. If this is a superpower that moves things, then yup. I would be a superhero. Lol. I had never before thought of this as a superpower, until the question was posed within this thread. I'm kinda proud of myself now. I was almost ashamed and scared before. My professor and this pastor/shaman, are wonderfully insightful level headed people, she PhD in computer science, and he a priest with college background and a native American shaman. I never felt special or super in any way. But way cool to come to this point in my 50s while this had happened while in my late 20s. I thank you for your time and thoughts.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Cassie Clay

A recent article that answers Cassie's question about how seriously the US government takes this sort of thing: VERY
www.anonews.co...

This links to the following webpage from the CIA-
www.cia.gov...
Very interesting material indeed, especially on the higher end of the spectrum of these abilities.

I'm a Tibetan Buddhist and I know that these abilities amongst the senior teachers and lamas are widely accepted, both within the Tibetan and other streams of Buddhism, though they are not normally displayed. Still, one hears stories of senior students receiving telepathic instructions for their practice.

The institute of Noetic Sciences, and other organisations have done substantial research on this area and their positive results have been replicated many times, even using members of the public with no special knowledge of having "talents".
www.youtube.com...
Some of the results are summarised in this talk by Dean Radin.

edit on 24-5-2017 by Barliman because: forgot the hyperlink

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Nice thread S&F,

I am Clairsentient I wouldn't class it as a Superpower as such thinking and thought processes somehow hinder the abilities... I believe it's a problem with the ego e.g a skeptic is so sure of his beliefs (EGO) that it is a complete block to any experience they might have had. An open mind is the key, to put it simply in scientific terms, "everything is a wave of possibility even the universe, you are what you measure and what you measure you experience."

My mind is open having grown up witnessing many things... I am short on time but I will bookmark this page and make a post later for you to read. Carpenters work is never done

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DreamerOracle

Good answer.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Here is evidence of the use of a yogic siddhi, or superpower, with the Sanskrit name of "anima" to remote-view subatomic particles between 1895 and 1908 many decades before scientists knew anything about the atom, nucleus and its constituents and yet the details are consistent with facts of nuclear physics and the now well-established quark model of hadrons:
smphillips.mysite.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I know this is off topic, but I would really like some advice:

When I was five years old, my family and I went to the beach, where it was rumoured that children fell down a hole in the tidal pool, and drowned. My cousin and I wanted to see if we could find the hole (a pretty bad idea for 5 year old girls, I know) and we waded through the water, towards the deep end of the pool. My cousin and I were holding hands, and then I suddenly felt my foot slip into the hole, and I lost my balance. I sunk into the deep, dark hole and my cousin let go of my hand. I could swim, but I couldn't get out of the hole. I was terrified, and started crying, but then I realised that I could feel the tears run down my face. I couldn't feel the water. I could breathe. I then saw a light move towards me, and when thinking about that light I imagine that it had a face, but I can't honestly say that it did. After seeing the light, I felt the strength in my legs to stand up, so I just stood up. But instead of being in the hole, I was in the shallow end of the pool, with strangers staring at me as though I was a ghost, and my family sitting in the distance enjoying their picnic, without even realising that I was gone. My cousin was sitting right next to my mother, and till this day I refuse to speak to her for letting go of my hand and then returning to the family and continuing as though nothing had happened.. Anyway, after that day I started getting terrible nightmares that lasted until it became a reality.
I had many dreams that came true and have even met most of the people who have appeared in my dreams, but these dreams have a negative effect on my body. For example, if I dream I am walking barefoot and I step in glass, I will wake up with a cut on my foot. I have woken up with scratches, cuts, bruises and even hand prints around my neck. And one night my sister decided to sleep next to me in bed, because she was convinced that I was injuring myself in a bid to gain attention, but then I woke up next to her with sand and leaves covering my feet, scratches on my legs and bruises on my shoulders. My sister told me that I slept like a log and had not moved whole night (she has insomnia so she was able to watch me whole night), but what scared me was that the leaves and sand came from a place called "perdekloof" that is a twenty minute drive away from my house, and that was the place I had been to in my dream. I thought I might be astral projecting, but I haven't heard of anyone being able to carry objects with them, such as the leaves and sand. After that night my sister wouldn't sleep at my parent's house (she is older than me and had been living on her own at that time) and out of fear, I decided to sleep in my brother's room most nights.
Shortly after that, it was my birthday and it was storming. I remember looking out of the window and just wishing that the rain would stop because I wanted to enjoy my birthday, and then the rain stopped. Biggest storm in South Africa, and then suddenly nothing. It stopped raining for days, even though we were in the middle of winter and the weatherman predicted stormy weather for weeks. That was when I realised that I could manipulate the weather, but it frustrates me because it doesn't happen immediately. Like, I would have to wait for nearly 3 minutes before it starts to rain when I want it to.
I also learnt that when I wish for something to happen, it happens within 24 hours. This seemed great in the beginning, but we dont always want what we wish for. This I unfortunately learnt the hard way, when I wished that something bad would happen to my mother and it did. I didn't mean for it to happen, and I was only 14 at the time, but she grounded me and I said I wished something bad would happen to her and it did. I didn't want to wish for anything ever again. I vowed never to even use the word "wish" again.
Then I started getting dreams where people I know would attack me. I think I had those dreams three times before I learnt that when someone attacks me in my dreams they die in real life, within 24 hours. When I realised that I was able to determine when people are going to die, I became depressed. Really depressed. I even tried to kill myself. Because knowing that someone is going to die does not help if there is nothing you could do. (Side note: a few months ago I dreamt that my pregnant cousin was about to stab me, but then my boyfriend woke me up before my dream could continue. My fear was that my cousin or her unborn baby would die, but she is still alive. The strange part is that her baby is now nearly two months overdue, and even though she is convinced that the baby is fine, I am waiting to see what happens.)
I first realised what my dream meant in 2011, which caused my first phase of depression. And then in 2014 I realised that other things in my dreams were coming true too. Like, EVERYTHING!
It wouldn't always happen immediately, but it happens within a month. Like with my boyfriend for example, I dreamt about him and our apartment for three months before we met and bought our apartment together (yes, we moved in together almost immediately after meeting each other and things have been AMAZING).
I have also learnt how to wish properly, and even though I have only made four wishes since the incident with my mother, all of it came true with extreme accuracy.
I know that I have supernatural abilities, but I feel as though its locked down somehow. Like, even though I can manipulate the weather, see the future in my dreams, and make wishes come true, I can feel a physical block that doesn't allow me to use my abilities to its full capacity. I have tried meditation, but that only taught me that my ex was cheating on me, and my ADHD doesn't allow me to concentrate long enough for meditation to become effective.
Sometimes when I want to stretch my abilities (like make things happen faster) I start to feel as though the space I am in is not big enough to accommodate my abilities, like there's something huge inside of me that wants to break free.
Is there any way to strengthen supernatural abilities?

I would also like to add that last week I was looking for some guy (let's call him Sam) to discuss a legal matter, and then even though I found his contact details on his website, he wasn't answering his phone nor was he available when I spoke to his receptionist. This morning I thought that I should probably give up on the matter, but then I got a call from a recruiter asking me to go to an interview at Sam's company. Im not looking for a job, but I'm on my way to the interview as I am typing this.
edit on 15-8-2017 by Mieko because: Adding details

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Mieko

That is really interesting.

What do you think the episode at the beach was?
I wonder about a near drowning which was prevented somehow- maybe by non human intervention.

The first thing that I would raise is that maybe it is not a case of your dreams making something bad happen, it could be a matter that you are percieving the future and interpreting it as a result of your wish. That is an important distinction and may prevent you from suffering much unnecessary guilt.

Alan Watts, a famous English Zen master once commented that spiritual experiences can go wrong in a couple of ways- that one can imagine that one is God and that everything happens as a result of your will, the other being that one can have experiences of extreme passivity and feel that the universe is moving your body for you. Both are wrong- extremes of the range of possibilities. I dont know if that is relevant for you, but it seems to fit.

Now the next thing is what to do about it. Clearly you need support from somebody skilled in the area. If you go on like this the stress (and the fact that you cant talk about it to many people without them thinking you crazy) will wear you down.

Meditation is important as it helps you stabilise your mind and calm it. Otherwise it is like trying to look through a telescope that is not anchored to the ground properly and there is too much turbulence.

Meditation is not impossible for people with ADHD. I have ADHD and Bipolar and now can meditate with comfort and benefit. There is actually a book on the subject called "The Mindfulness Prescription for ADHD" by an American Psychiatrist Lydia Zylowska, who is very well known in ADHD research.

The catch is that there are many different types of meditation and not all are suitable for ADHD. Equally there are some technical aspects that count a lot- such as a few elements of posture and breathing style.

What I found effective after many fails over 30 years is a technique called Calm Abiding Meditation, also known as Shamatha or "settling the mind in its natural state".

This technique has been championed by a Californian student of the Dalai Lama, B. Alan Wallace.
Wallace is heavily involved in research into meditation and has a special interest in ADHD:
sbinstitute.com...
sbinstitute.com...

So the point is that ADHD is not a barrier to meditation once you understand how to get round it.
I actually think that once we get started we progress rather fast as having a quiet mind is rather addictive- we have more motivation to pursue it.

Wallace has great resources that you can use- (Books /Audio)- but I really recommend direct teaching from a qualified teacher.
I benefited enormously from doing 2 week long retreats.

In terms of enquiring about how to handle what you are experiencing, you need to work with someone who knows what they are talking about and will not exploit you. The usual Buddhist attitude is that these sort of powers are a side effect of spiritual practice ad not the main goal. Other traditions treat them differently.

Anyhow- I hope that is of some value. I will try to remember to keep an eye on this thread in case you have other questions- not that I am a great authority- typical ADHD- I know bits and pieces of this and that!

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Back to the broader subject- these "superpowers" are usually known as Siddhis in Hindu and Buddhist cultures.
They are also regarded as a by product of authentic spiritual practice- but a nuisance if you get caught up in them.
It is regarded as bad form to show them off- you might frighten someone or have them hound you as a witch,and even worse form to use them to exploit others.

They have been taken VERY seriously by the CIA- who have compiled a great deal of material on them through their own experiments and through studies of Tai Chi masters. They fit in well with known material on near death experiences, with current models of quantum physics and also the Penrose Hameroff Orch OR model of consciousness being a quantum phenomenon occurring at the level of the mictotubule.

Equally, as mentioned, there have been multiple ongoing experiments, usually using individuals of no special talent and rather boring tasks. These have now reached such large numbers of repetitions that even though the effect size is small for the chosen population the confidence intervals for the experiments are exceptionally high.

In Buddhism they are said to come about as a natural consequence of "realising emptiness"-which is hard to translate or understand and even harder to fully realise so that one understands it fully and can work with it.

Now from the point of view of modern physics the solid objects we see (like this desk and computer) are not all that solid. They consist of tiny points of "matter" and fields of electrons- mostly open space and fields of electromagnetic energy of some sort (I'm not a physicist- so forgive me if my terminology is not right.) Equally phenomena like quantum entanglement are real.
Into this mix we should throw Aldous Huxley's model of "The doors of perception". He proposes that the brain acts like a sort of "reducing valve" that only lets in the information streams that are relevant to immediate survival of the body, and procreation. This model also fits in well with Buddhist descriptions of the bardo state, and first hand witnesses of near death experiences. The latter is very interesting (Look up the "Pam Reynolds" case).

So lets take this a little further; When we are born we usually have no experience of the material world that we can recall- nor do we even know how to bind our senses together and to use our percepts to reach for objects. However there is more to perception than that: after some time we develop expectations of object constancy.- and that is really important because our central vision covers such a small area and we have to be able to assume that things don't disappear as soon as we look away from them. This compounding of senses and expectations to produce what we see and hear is discussed in depth in Buddhist texts- most notably the Heart Sutra. That is discusses the ultimate nature of reality - which we usually think is just what we can see, hear, touch and smell. However the Heart Sutra denies that these things either exist or do not exist, but also adds in a couple of extras like opinions and mental formations.

That in turn correlates remarkably well with the model of perception outlined by the neurologist Antonio Damasio, in "self comes to mind"- and the point here is that one of the apets of the way we operate in reality that prevents most of us from manifesting full blown siddhis is simply our expectations of reality-- ie in my case tat this desk I am typing on really is as solid as it seems.

So in short I do think that these superpowers exist and have been known for a very long while. I do not think that they are anything supernatural though- they are part of our birthright.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Hello.

If somebody has a super ability that nobody has in the world, how does he lose that? For example, if I have the power to make an airplane out of nothing (by thinking of it), how do I lose this special ability? Does anyone know?

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I personally believe everyone posses some type of psychic abilities but some unlock it easier then others.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Not all powers can be spoken of......a reply to: Cassie Clay

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Do you know, what is my super power? It is very interesting. I know that I shouldn't talk about it, but it is just insane. Does anyone have actual magical powers here? For example, can you make gold and diamonds out of nothing?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Watch Stan Lee's Superhumans. Their are some really amazing people who truly have special powers.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

(Just some advice) Any obsession that nothing to do with your personal life will eventually lead to Nihilism and depression. So be careful.

When it comes to "superpowers" , there are only 3 fields of study that may be useful.

1) Mesmerism - an old technique originated in Europe that allows you to put any person or animal in an instant trance with a single touch/stare. Mesmerism was officially changed to Hypnotism in the 18th century due to all the criticism it received by the religious & science community. Only a few people know the teqnique although many books have been written about the subject.

2) Qigong - which involves telekinesis, healing ect. I'm sure you're probably familiar with qigong , the only way to truly learn this is with a master or through a student of a qigong master.

3) Mentalism - which involves mind reading , mind control , clairvoyance and precognition. The secret to doing all of those things is by simply clearing your mind and allowing your intuitive voice to follow. Another way you can practice your intuition is by playing with a deck of cards face down. You can start by first guessing the colour of a few cards, then the suits and then the number. The more you progress the more cards you can use. When you mastered your intuition you can start practicing on people.

These 3 things mentioned above are super human abilities that any person can learn without the need of any "talent".

edit on 4-10-2017 by RickSanchez because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Anyone heard of any plant-based super-powers? I'm a gardener so would be really interested to hear about FLORA-POWER!

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
1) I do not believe this is a new phenomenon. I have always been interested in these things and knew I had some form of ESP all my life but 2yrs, due to continuous trauma in my life, everything changed. I started opening up and have numerous abilities but I am still learning and studying about them. This lead me to work on my family tree where I uncovered many ancestors of mine some being Native American that I did not know about. Also Celtics and found a verse in the family Bible when I looked it up they were called "Blood Stoppers", this started my search. Found an article of my 9th Great Grandfather being a medium, etc. These types of abilities date way back in all of our history.
2) In my world now I would say yes a sharp increase but that is only because I am looking for people now and they seem to show up in my life at the right moment.
3) I believe the Government knows a lot more about many things, including these and they do not tell us. They counteract things to try and stop people from opening up.
4) Yes people with abilities need to search out others like them because it can be scary when it first happens and having people who understand and can help you and not think you are nuts is very helpful. Also due to my living in a haunted house, I search for answers and how to handle things so some of the groups I am involved in are and have been very helpful. a reply to: Cassie Clay

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=613194]Valedamar[/postim
I have something called "sychronocities" which are times that I am reading, thinking, etc. of certain words or phrases & at the same time, these words or phrases are mentioned in TV, a store intercom, radio etc. I can't control when it happens or do it at will. It does seem as if it happens more when I'm stressed. I have taken empath tests & it appears that I am an empath.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Linnamill

Well goodness gracious, thank you for sharing this information. I've never heard of the Blood Stoppers but I am certainly reading up on them now.

leolady

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothgal

Very interesting, I've never heard about that before.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I think there's something to it.

I've been told by several people that know more about this stuff than I do that I am a lightworker. I really have no conscious awareness of it, but they tell me they often see it in action.

new topics

top topics

<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join