It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Real-Life Super-Powers

page: 95
<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: user4884843

Would marijuana be considered a mind altering drug?

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ambvsh
a reply to: user4884843

Would marijuana be considered a mind altering drug?

Hell yes. If people don't, then they aren't smokin' right! THC is a pretty good stepping stone to opening the mind - exploring the mind.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: WampusCrandle

thank you.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Cassie Clay

Hopefully this isn't a really stupid question, directed at the Pagans and Wiccans who will listen: Have you experienced a cat using willful, unusual powers? Not like the disappear/reappear stuff My cat was adopted in May this year, around 7 weeks old, cutest little guy. Super cuddly, friendly, and even chatty. Little boy cat with black fur, brownish red stripes in the sunlight, but very dark otherwise, green eyes, and a single white whisker. He has been the absolute best cat ever. I've had a lot of frustrating paranormal activity, not usual scare tactics, more like slowly drive you crazy tactics... and I've come to realize it started around the same time he came. This obviously is most likely a coincidence, and you wouldn't believe me if I told you the oddities that have happened, I thought I was being moonlighted for a while (right word? for gvn't/aliens following you around and setting you up to look and feel crazy) *sigh* I probably am just going nuts, and my last string of hope is to blame the one thing giving me any sort of comfort.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I am sorry to go offtopic guys, but I can't seem to start a new thread, when I click the button the screen just stays gray and I want to post some stuff, but I could use a new thread for it. If not I'll post my stuff somewhere where it might fit.

Please help.
edit on 21-11-2014 by Lux96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I and my 2 friends have power a reply to: Cassie Clay

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   

I have Qi power , atmokinesis, electrokinesis, i a bit can see aura

My 2 friends can hear and 'see' spirits and doing telepathy, etc

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Update: I again have the ability to create threads and have made one for this topic here - A Verifiable "Superpower"/Ability?

Hey guys it has been a long time since I posted in this thread, but I wanted to get some help on a "super power"/ability I have developed.

And unlike hundreds/thousands of other "superpower" claims, I propose a way to verify it's validity.

The Ability: I can choose to experience how anyone feels about pretty much anything by recreating their emotional reality within my own mind, almost like a form of super empathy. Why is this ability significant? Well because all I need is a photograph of the person and they can be anywhere in the world and it still works. The ability is currently called Pancakes [an inside joke pending a new name].

Limitations: I can't learn specific information about the person (where they live, where they went to school, etc.) and also false questions dont work on it. (eg. asking how person A feels about Person B [who is a fake made up person], my mind simply fills in the blanks with other of the most relevant information). The ability works on the living and the dead alike but I can't tell whether someone is alive or not (which maybe gives a clue as to how it works). Also does not work while under the influence of Alcohol.

Effects: I experience the persons emotional reality intensely for about 1 minute then it dissipates and im back to normal. The sensations themselves go away but the memory of what took place stays so i can recall characteristic information about the persons make up.

Experience So Far: I have tested this method with a friend using pictures of varying people (mostly whom ive never met or dont know) with 95% accuracy. It is to the point that my friend now asks me for readings on people for his own personal knowledge and use. Some of the well-known people I have done readings on for greater insight: Bruce Lee, Vladmir Putin, Obama, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Benjamin Netanyahu, etc.

Placebo: The first thought I had when developing this is that it was a type of placebo response that my mind just made up. But there are two reasons why I highly doubt this is the case
1. I have done tests on people I have never met/seen in my life that have proven to be accurate
2. The information I get from my readings much of the time is counter to what I was expecting to get

Details: So far I have developed 4 main types of readings
1. Pure Emotions
2. Mental Structuring
3. Salience (the experience of experiencing yourself)
4. Personal view of how the internal self effects the/their external world

Theoretically my readings should only be limited by the different perspectives and angles that im willing to try out.

Similar: Other types of abilities that it can be linked/compared to are:
- Physiognomy (although I feel this is a very limited pseudoscience)
- Collective Human Consciousness theories

My Thoughts: I believe that this is an ability that can be scientifically explained and that given enough effort anyone could learn to do it (dont look forward to me selling an ebook for $49.99, I'm not here to try and teach anyone or sell)

What I want from you: This is the first time I'm revealing this on a public forum (I tried to make my own thread but it seems to not be working so I settled for this one). What I'm looking for is people who would be willing to help test this ability out with me. One way in which this could happen is by sending me pictures of people whom I have no way of knowing and asking me questions about them and then verifying whether I am right or not. I need to test this out with people I dont know (instead of a friend) to take away as much bias as possible from the test. Obviously this test will only work with people who will be genuine about the results, hopefully that is what transpires.

What I offer in Return: In return if my ability is increasingly proven to be accurate I will do readings of people of interest for your consideration.

Upcoming: If my ability becomes more verified it would be cool if there was some dicussion of how it could be used and the different ways in which it can be applied. Also a discussion of theories of how it may work on a mechanical/scientific level would be pretty interesting as well.

edit on 7-1-2015 by tankthinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Telepathy, telekinesis, whatever, it all exists. Studies show that humans only use about 10% of their brain's capacity (although some people don't agree with that). That means that we have yet to evolve our brains. People just don't believe in telepathy, etc. because there's very limited evidence, although there IS evidence. Imagine, for a second, a person who is blind. They wouldn't have the slightest clue as to what anything would look like, they would compare the colour red to the sound of a guitar or any other sound.
So, people who don't have telepathy would have no idea what it would be like, and since almost everyone on Earth doesn't have telepathy, they simply go with the majority and say it's impossible. I'm not saying to go and change your mind if you don't believe in telepathy, believe in whatever you want. Just remember with enough time, nothing is impossible.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The East has been cultivating Chi for thousands of years. The demonstrations given by Shao Lin monks are very real.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Can anyone help with advice on how to improve and strengthen aerokinesis? I was able to change the wind direction to come toward me. Then increased it to a strong gust. I maintained this for around 30-60 seconds before I brought it to a halt. I have performed this on 2 separate occasions. Then demonstrated it to someone close to me that I trust very much to help them with their own comprehension of what really is. I am not able to change the air within a room however and want to learn to be able to control this ability on a much more masterful level. Any links, experience or advice is very much appreciated. Any other kinesis advice would be appreciated as much as I want to master multiple elements and then learn to combine them.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I think most of us are missing the big elephant in the room, which is we can genetically modify people to have or not have super powers with invisible viruses. Yes we have viruses that can give the enhanced abilities we want a creature to have, these are known. So its just what the powers that be want, if they want us to be smarter we will be, and if they want us docile and dumb we will be. No way to beat a virus, because it rewrites your genetic DNA, and thats not something we can do on our own at the moment.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord While this is a possibility other things that might come with it for people who are not prepared for possible doors opening may suffer in ways unimaginable. I myself have had paranormal encounters my whole life. From a memory of heaven before I was born to watching a ghost walk through the wall and then me. I've encountered more than one poltergeist phenomenon and believe I was trying to be possessed during my adolescent years. I've had photograph type premonitions my entire life. Grown accustom to spirits of different forms almost everywhere I've lived. I've come to realize I am an empath from a very early age. I've tested my ability to unknowingly put my thoughts into other people's mind once I realized this is what was happening. I first used aerokinesis at the age of 19 or 20 unknowingly at the time. As of within the last 4 months I was able to utilize it on 3 different occasions. I am very skeptical of these things even though I am doing them. I try my best to perform these things with as much of a controlled environment as possible to further my own acceptance and to rule out any possible coincidence. While DNA can be altered and viruses would be an ingenious way to do this. I believe as with all things there are multiple routes to the same end. It's the path you choose that matters most. Lastly, as also a user of natural "shortcuts " (aka shrooms and to a much lesser effect and VERY MUCH SAFER, Mary jane) comes the risk of side effects. A friend once told me you only can take so many trips. I learned this the hard way after narrowly dodging death for the second time in my life and suffering 3 back to back seizures. I found what I was looking for. However the repercussions were not worth it. Personally I say meditation, focus, practice and patience. I'm still looking for help on advancing aerokinesis if someone would be so kind please and thank you in advance.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CallMeZ
a reply to: FormOfTheLord While this is a possibility other things that might come with it for people who are not prepared for possible doors opening may suffer in ways unimaginable. I myself have had paranormal encounters my whole life. From a memory of heaven before I was born to watching a ghost walk through the wall and then me. I've encountered more than one poltergeist phenomenon and believe I was trying to be possessed during my adolescent years. I've had photograph type premonitions my entire life. Grown accustom to spirits of different forms almost everywhere I've lived. I've come to realize I am an empath from a very early age. I've tested my ability to unknowingly put my thoughts into other people's mind once I realized this is what was happening. I first used aerokinesis at the age of 19 or 20 unknowingly at the time. As of within the last 4 months I was able to utilize it on 3 different occasions. I am very skeptical of these things even though I am doing them. I try my best to perform these things with as much of a controlled environment as possible to further my own acceptance and to rule out any possible coincidence. While DNA can be altered and viruses would be an ingenious way to do this. I believe as with all things there are multiple routes to the same end. It's the path you choose that matters most. Lastly, as also a user of natural "shortcuts " (aka shrooms and to a much lesser effect and VERY MUCH SAFER, Mary jane) comes the risk of side effects. A friend once told me you only can take so many trips. I learned this the hard way after narrowly dodging death for the second time in my life and suffering 3 back to back seizures. I found what I was looking for. However the repercussions were not worth it. Personally I say meditation, focus, practice and patience. I'm still looking for help on advancing aerokinesis if someone would be so kind please and thank you in advance.

Good points, however I think its important to note that there are limits to what we can do in the here and now. Question is who sets the bar on whats possible, its certainly not us.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord While there may be potential restraints I believe it IS us who limit ourselves. We are trained to have a certain mindset from an early age. I think if instead we were trained from an early age to develop our abilities the advancement would astonishing. Now with that being said I must contradict myself partially and say some people will excel farther than others. The reason I believe this is predisposition to some people being more adept than others from birth. This can be debated either family genes, trauma, life experience, etc. There are many catalysis that can awaken long dormant things. So in a way I guess I do agree with what you are saying, but only to an extent. One with no prior abilities can develop some form and this can be passed down and strengthened. Although it does seem to matter if both parents have some form of ability. It will help with the advancement and power itself. Back to you FormOfTheLord.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Dr. Steven Greer mentioned he had an ability to separate his mind from his body due to a UFO encounter. Until there is proof or hard evidence I'm gonna let this pass. Not to say through evolution we can't evolve some sort of higher ability in many years to come.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Even I am looking some of the abilities
how can I get these !!!!!

if you can do something
it will be great !!!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Hello everyone