It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana lawmakers propose prayer to stop oil disaster

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Louisiana lawmakers propose prayer to stop oil disaster

www.cnn.com

While cleanup crews and technical teams continue efforts to stop crude gushing into the Gulf of Mexico, Louisiana lawmakers are proposing a different approach: prayer.

"Thus far efforts made by mortals to try to solve the crisis have been to no avail," state Sen. Robert Adley said in a statement released after last week's unanimous vote for the day of prayer. "It is clearly time for a miracle for us."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
You have got to be kidding me. Well, it's official. The government has given up. Instead of getting BP out of there and getting someone that knows what they're doing in, the government wants to pray.

I think they need to get BP out of there and let someone that knows what they are doing handle it. I also think there needs to be full disclosure. Right now things are being hidden from the masses. I assume so we don't panic.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The effectiveness of collective prayer (intention) is far more powerful than any of us can fathom.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
instead of asking for prayers why dont they get all the prisoners down cleaning the mess up?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

The effectiveness of collective prayer (intention) is far more powerful than any of us can fathom.

Absolutely.

But that requires TRUE faith.

I would wager there is little of that about, or we'd hardly be in this mess.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Davidius

Praying may make you feel better on the inside, but it's certainly not going to help the oil spill. People need to realize that no one's out there to babysit us all. If we make a mistake, it's our mistake to fix.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I don't understand what could possibly be wrong with that?
If people want to pray, let 'em pray.
The world is full of diverse religions & spiritual beliefs, all of which have prayer in one form or another.
Only about 10% of the entire planet is atheist, so I think I'll go with the majority of six-billion-twenty-seven-million-five-hundred-and-twenty-eight-thousand-six-hundred-and-thirty-seven on this one.
Seriously, it's not like they're saying to stop all the other efforts to clean this mess up.
To most prayer is a comfort, not an offence.
Besides, if mankind alone were so omnipotent and wise, we wouldn't have gotten ourselves in this mess in the first place.
"Spirit has fifty times the strength and staying-power of brawn and muscle."- Mark Twain

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I feel bad for all of you who underestimate the power of Miracles.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
This is rich! Power of prayer

Who is going to cite the medical experiments involving prayer? I want first poke at that fool.

God does not heal amputees....we all know that, oil spills stay spilt.
God does nothing to help.
Why do people feel good praying when the prayor is never answered?

If there was a good god out there, it would have lent a hand by now, but it's just us lemmings and no god or one that will not help humanity (bad god).
Why people wanna beg for help from this is really beyond me.
Good luck with this, LA government.

God sits there with his fingers in his ears going....I hear nothing from Haiti or Louisiana.

We all know a massive monolithic structure, built from simple cement, would do much more dropped over the leak, than praying to it.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

Not as bad as I feel for you and your dilusion. You wanna give me an example of a recent miracle?

Could you try to give some simple reason why this god is so good to us and proove it.

Could you please explain why he needs to be prayed to to help. Does he not see all?

If god was worth a spit, he would hook us up out of the goodness of his great heart. (He is not and he won't)

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
This is the same thing as when Obama was ranting about people from different religions gathering to pray for a good fishing season. It's all about political spin and nothing to do with any kind of "faith."

Meanwhile, BP is still in charge and clean-up crews are getting sick while not being allowed to use respirators because it might look bad to the media.

When the government (local or otherwise) becomes religious, we know we're screwed.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The morons we have for politicians enriching their coffers with corporate money anywhere in this nation doesn't stop from amazing me everyday.

Even here in GA our political whores pray for everything while enriching their coffers and dirty pockets at the same time at the expenses of taxpayer money.

When people are going to wake up what big joke.

The truth about Mr. Prayer promoter Adley history of wanting to stick it to the tax payer while favoring Oil companies

senator robert adley appears to use his legislative status to benefit his own business interests

in the 2006 regular legislative session senator adley authored and pushed through the legislature his senate bill 655. the dead pelican reported in may 2006 that [sb655]
"...is stirring quite some controversy...senate bill 655, which basically gives big oil companies amnesty on oil field cleanup. it will also allow the department of natural resources to take private property from homeowners while imposing a minimal six inch cleanup rule on oil companies...some claim that the bill is designed to give adley and his friends...a "pass," so they won't have to clean up the oil spills that they have created."
the louisiana sec'y of state corporations database in may 2006 listed several oil and/or energy companies that senator adley is the president or partner in, including: circle r drilling limited; abco petroleum corporation and pelican gas management incorporated.

senator adley's sb655 went on to be declared unconstitutional by catahoula parish judge kathy johnson in the suit captioned M.J. Farms Ltd. v. ExxonMobil Corp. senator adley instead of accepting this ruling attacked the judge.

wesawthat.blogspot.com...

Now he wants prayer, why not dumping him head first in the oil mess in the coast.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLaPPiE

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

Not as bad as I feel for you and your dilusion. You wanna give me an example of a recent miracle?

Could you try to give some simple reason why this god is so good to us and proove it.

Could you please explain why he needs to be prayed to to help. Does he not see all?

If god was worth a spit, he would hook us up out of the goodness of his great heart. (He is not and he won't)

My gosh my gosh, where do I begin...
I'm not going to let this thread be hijacked. ill pm u

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
best idea they have had yet as far as getting rid of the oil. as for their own intentions, ill let the big guy deal with that.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Davidius

if you could provide some proof of this, it would be helpful. otherwise, it only makes those that participate in it temporarily comfortable.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SLaPPiE

it is clear you have done a maximum of 5 seconds of research into your own questions.

so rather than have all the answers given to you on a silver platter, why dont you actually open a theological text and see if you can do it yourself.

answer?

fear.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Yeah, the governor here in GA a while back called for a prayer thingy to break our drought. Here's an analysis from eSkeptic about it.

Hey, whatever makes people feel like they're doing something. Can't hurt, I guess.

CX

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I say if people want to pray then let them pray, just don't include it in any plans to deal with the leak or you will be bitterly disapointed.

A question to those who will be praying or who agree with this. When the leak isn't fixed after the day of prayer, what excuse will you give for God not helping you put?

My dad has had two brain tumours removed, each time his partner says that she has everyone in her prayer group praying for him.

I do wonder if they are praying to the same God who was caring enough to give him the tumours in the first place.

I too would be interested in hearing what recent miracles have been achieved through prayer. Maybe then i'd be up for this day of prayer.

CX.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
When the full impact of this catastrophe is felt, is when the real praying will kick into high gear.

This is just the tip of the iceberg, and no amount of praying is going to stop the environmental devastation we are soon to experience.

I'm not a prayin man but this time....God help us!

[edit on 20-6-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

GA like Florida are states that are high on precipitation, actually no having rain for a extended period of time is considered unusual.

Rain was going to come no matter what.

And Perdue should be be praying alright he is another corporate whore.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join