It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana lawmakers propose prayer to stop oil disaster

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Christianity aside, there is much talk of the energy of thought and the waves they produce in the aether... positive thinking, etc. In the career field of sales, the power of positive thought is a proven fact. Just because you are anti-christ does not mean that prayer is entirely ineffective.

Besides that, why even post this thread, other than to spur others into mockery and cause a division of believers and non-believers? I don't want to nibble at the bait.

But I will say this. If the leak is truly over a fault line or volcano, if oil is a self-renewing abiotic resource, if the methane gas is of apocalyptic proportions, if BP fails to stop the leak, if a nuclear detonation fails to stop the leak ... I don't see prayer as a bad option.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Seriously??

So we should just pray about it?? What happened to "God helps those who help themselves?"

People were worried about this disaster knocking us back to the stone age. I guess collective problem solving decided to get a head start.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

A question to those who will be praying or who agree with this. When the leak isn't fixed after the day of prayer, what excuse will you give for God not helping you put?

No excuse necessary, it will be just the same as any parent frustrated with their child's constant F-ups that has finally had enough and says, your F-up, you fix it this time. Even the most loving and well meaning parents can not fix things for their children forever, eventually all children must learn to do things the right way or suffer the consequences.

I'm sorry that you're father and your family have had to go through such a terrible ordeal, and I wish you all the best and a return to good health to your father.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerMan
reply to post by SLaPPiE

it is clear you have done a maximum of 5 seconds of research into your own questions.

so rather than have all the answers given to you on a silver platter, why dont you actually open a theological text and see if you can do it yourself.

answer?

fear.

You are so smart! I do not believe this bs, there are NO miracles! I did not expect an answer, nor would I buy half the bs. Please insert some stigmata or crying statue bs to prove your sideshow is valid.

I don't need to research the fact that when something happens that some human can not explain, they presume god dit it. It is a miracle.
Nothing is clear as the lack of results.

BTW I would not put 5 seconds into why people pray to whatever god.

Pray all you want, and when it stops spewing in 5 years you can say how your prayers did the job.

Fear? Of you? of your version of god? What?
You wanna call me yellow? I will rip you a new one.
Bring it on mouth.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by SLaPPiE]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Davidius
The effectiveness of collective prayer (intention) is far more powerful than any of us can fathom.

Yes, it is, I agree. What it is, is a raising of Energy, and then sending that energy to change something in the natural world. That is the basis of Magick, in effect, to effect change, same thing with prayer. It is all the same thing, sorry Christians, but you do practice Magick, every time you pray, and at the end of each prayer, you say "Amen," which gives honor and reverence to Re, the God of the Sun.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Davidius

And if we all spin around in circles 1000 times each counter clockwise really really fast we can turn back time so the oil disaster never happened.

We need realistic solutions, but whatever gives people hope I guess.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Prayer to solve this crisis?

Actually, I cannot think of a more UNPRODUCTIVE use of ones hands then that of clasping them together to talk to yourself.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Shine71

pray does not mean that's the end of it. Many do so before they do something.

Most people pray. Including me. It does not mean that it ends there.

Even from a practical perspective, at this point, talking to yourself is one step above what BP is doing. At least is means you are thinking about what you do.

Weather God exists or not is irrelevant. It's actually planning your actions. Unlike BP.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I gotta give you credit and tell you that in my opinion, you are 100% right with your quote of - "talking to yourself is one step above what BP is doing."

Sad but true isnt it?

I just cant wait to see all of the rightful lawsuits that arise against that company for their irresponsibility and the DEVASTATION caused to so many.

LAWSUITS against them is the ONLY way to get them to realize the impact that this has caused to so many common folk in the areas of this mess. Thats the ONLY way to get their attention.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by Shine71]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by soleprobe

The problem is that the ones making a mockery of prayer are the same people that are promoting prayer, like Louisiana law makers, see they enrich their pockets with dirty tar money and when the gravy train is about to take a hit they want prayers,

Doesn't people get it?
the irony

[edit on 20-6-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I guess there thoughts are turn the other cheek.
You know we don't want to burden them with regulations. We don't want some law clinc for the poor to help a poor man sue them for loss of work or harm they suffered. Just turn the other cheek and hope they don't do it again.

But ask your self this would Jesus support oil as it represents gluttony in the biggest way. The gluttony of the people who want oil, the gluttony of the people who will give you the oil. The gluttony of those who don't want to end the way it is.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLaPPiE

reply to post by SLaPPiE

it is clear you have done a maximum of 5 seconds of research into your own questions.

so rather than have all the answers given to you on a silver platter, why dont you actually open a theological text and see if you can do it yourself.

answer?

fear.

You are so smart! I do not believe this bs, there are NO miracles! I did not expect an answer, nor would I buy half the bs. Please insert some stigmata or crying statue bs to prove your sideshow is valid.

I don't need to research the fact that when something happens that some human can not explain, they presume god dit it. It is a miracle.

Pray all you want, and when it stops spewing in 5 years you can say how your prayers did the job.

Bring it on mouth.

thank you for proving my point.

you ask a question, and then immedietly state you will not accept any answer to that question.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Shine71

It's gotta be more. You have to look at their yearly earnings and simply take absolutely anything they do not need to support themselves. Enough so that the ceo literally gets no money this year. And hold him to that too!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Yes ask and you will receive, at least it works for me.
Maybe a big chunk of something will break off try to flow up the well tube and become lodged in the tube somewhere, somehow, works for me, make it so, beat them at their own game.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieSlayer
reply to post by Davidius

And if we all spin around in circles 1000 times each counter clockwise really really fast we can turn back time so the oil disaster never happened.

We need realistic solutions, but whatever gives people hope I guess.

hey, only superman can do that, and hes gone back to kripton
maybe we can fax him?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Davidius
The effectiveness of collective prayer (intention) is far more powerful than any of us can fathom.

So if it's so powerful why haven't you used your magical powers to stop the leak? Selfish jerks, hoarding the magical powers.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Only a fool would mock the Creator.
Most are of such shallow mind, they can not even comprehend their own existance, much less the Greatness of the Creator.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Those Louisiana lawmakers need to be praying that God doesn't come down and beat the crap out of them for not being better stewards of the Earth! Did any one of them, before this happened, go to Washington or encourage their national elected officials to plead on Louisiana's behalf for the best regulation and oversight of BP?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLaPPiE

reply to post by SLaPPiE

answer?

fear.

Bring it on mouth.

thank you for proving my point.

you ask a question, and then immedietly state you will not accept any answer to that question.

You did not answer the question.
Perhaps you should pray for some more proof and less bs.

... don't twist my words...makes you look just like lucifer...I said I would not buy half the bs. You probably interpret scripture with the same skills.
I see no proof offered. That is zero%, and I will be the judge of what answers I accept as they roll in.

You have nothing to offer but your imagination your prayers and your mouth.

Open it up again!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
whast will prayer do /?

tar and feather bp

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join