It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA vs Britian will not be 1-1 this time!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ReluctantShaman

Listen Mate, who is threating you. we will kick your ass in football, thats not a threat of violence or any other form it's just a common form of chat in any sport, expect Cricket, lol..

Now i know what Great Britian has done in the middle east and still does but we are spose to be backing eachother and all i'm hearing is anti british talk, i know American soldiers are dyeing in Afghanstan but come on you did get attacked on 911 so it is a cause fior any soldier to die for, they are soldiers after all. but Britian never got attacked but our soldiers put their lives on the line for your country so have some bloody respect, bow down.

Now you say America did not need the British Armed forces but i fully dissagree, our Special Forces are THE pinacle of any Armed Forces and after the first gulf war and the hunt for the scuds. America knew that it was stupid not to get the big boys envoled.

The british Empire lasted around 5/6 hundred years so it was not as short as you imply, we did create your country after all. thats why you speak OUR language. i know the crimes my country done and i would nevver try to minimize them.

Remember that 6/10 yanks cant find Iraq on the map.

20% of yanks have never left their country.

America is one of the most oxy moron countries in the world, it calls for war in the name of humanity but in America if you don'd have Insurance then you ant getting medical help.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

But don't let this get int he way of the good job they are doing and I think it is unfair to say UK forces are "of no practical use".

I do not find it unfair.

In light of their intended role within the coalition of the willing, I am sure they are doing their job.

Whether it has any practical use for anyone aside from imperial interests is another matter entirely.

Th question is one of Morals and ethics, of whether they should even be there.

And in that light, they are have no practical use there.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Quite..

They are out of Iraq now mind you, so it really is a moot point you raise. In Afghanistan there was a need for intervention as there is a need in other nations around the globe, such as Somalia and North Korea. I would have rathered invading North Korea than Iraq.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Listen, just so we are clear:

- only a Texan has real bravado, so tough talk about sports just doesn't fly coming from the other side of the prime meridian.

- No one can kick our ass at football. Football isn't played with a round ball, either. That's soccer, and no one really cares if the rest of the world is better at soccer than us. We will cream you in football.

- you Brits keep messing with us, and we will all buy big, huge, Hummers and melt the ice caps. See what THAT does to your tiny, little island.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

- No one can kick our ass at football. Football isn't played with a round ball, either. That's soccer, and no one really cares if the rest of the world is better at soccer than us. We will cream you in football.

Strictly speaking, FOOTball should be played with the feet.

So you have really given your sport a slight misnomer.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

We play rugby in the UK, very similar to American Football except our players ant wearing protective gear covering their whole body, pussy Americans. Actually i think you got the idea for American football from Rubgy, Can't yanks come up with any new ideas or just content with copying every thing and ruining it in the process.

Just watch a Rugby Match and then tell me any of your players could even stand a chance against our warriors.

Get real you yanks, no one cares about your sports, were to clever to be entertaned by that stupid crap, and don't get me stareted on wrestling.

But i do like some things about the USA, The mexicans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Texas can you please listen to this- www.youtube.com...

It's a guy from texas, it might be you?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye
40% of the shares in BP are owned by UK entities or individuals 39% by US entities or individuals the rest split evenly between Europe and Asia so to call it a British company is slightly misleading like all big comps or corps it's a world owned concern.

I firmly believe the shareholders and insurers of BP should bare the costs even unto bankruptcy, BP and their employees have been callous and cavalier in their actions and decisions throughout, to the worlds great cost.

I absolutely agree, and in addition the American company responsible for the outrageous environmental oil disaster in Ecuador should bear full responsibility even unto bankruptcy, and of course Union Carbide even unto bankruptcy for Bhopal, oh and let's see some claims coming in again the United States Of America Corporation for depleted uranium damage, yes and while we are at it all the serious transgressions by American companies in relation to uranium mining tailings....etc etc.

Pot, kettle, black springs to mind.

Of course they should pay, but stop painting the picture as if BP is the only company in the world to have done something wrong.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

We looked at the game you guys played and called football and decided it just wasn't cutting it.

Originally posted by Magpie82n

We play rugby in the UK, very similar to American Football except our players ant wearing protective gear covering their whole body, pussy Americans. Actually i think you got the idea for American football from Rubgy, Can't yanks come up with any new ideas or just content with copying every thing and ruining it in the process.

Just watch a Rugby Match and then tell me any of your players could even stand a chance against our warriors.

Get real you yanks, no one cares about your sports, were to clever to be entertaned by that stupid crap, and don't get me stareted on wrestling.

But i do like some things about the USA, The mexicans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rugby is a sport for madmen who don't mind having their faces pounded into bread pudding. Sure their tough....look at them. Not even the blind could stand to look at them. Worse than those hockey players the Canadians talk so much about.

BUt i agree about the Mexicans. I married one. Hot little thing that she is.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

- you Brits keep messing with us, and we will all buy big, huge, Hummers and melt the ice caps. See what THAT does to your tiny, little island.

Probably about the same as it would do to your country, except that melting the ice caps won't actually do anything much.

Don't believe the IPCC propaganda and Al Gores lies.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
What's wrong with some of you? Have we reverted back to middle school mentality? Wow, some of you are real passionate about who will kick who's a$$ at sports that should or should not have certain names..... I thought the people who frequent these forums were above this type of thing.

There are many more important things out there to be concerned about.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

reply to post by Under Water

Hey, killjoys...we are having a little light hearted banter here. Isn't there tennis on or something that you can go watch?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
This war of words appears a complete set up to create a division between the US and UK since Obama came to power.

This whole Anti-American - Anti-British thing is a big fat setup, and I am no longer falling for it.. but I know it for what it is, a set up..

The loudest voice in this war of words is the Islamic Kenyan in the White House.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Not yet...

Too much footie on to bother with that girls sport! Plus the Colonists are playing the various mother countries at Rugger, so that too takes precedence.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Not yet...

Too much footie on to bother with that girls sport! Plus the Colonists are playing the various mother countries at Rugger, so that too takes precedence.

Well, i certainly do hope that this Fathers Day brings joy to all the men on the forum who are raising children, either their own or someone else's.

All this silly bickering that humanity does back and forth...we forget that as humans we all hold the same things dear. I am not positive if this is Fathers day for Brits, too....but i believe it is.

Enjoy, and God bless.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Guess my humor is too stale for you folks?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Off topic, but in the spirit of international relations..

It is Fathers Day here, but sods law would have it I am working. I did get my presents yesterday though and spent some quality time with the little resource drains on my days off.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
As a citizen of the US, i must say that the idiots who filed that suit do not represent me or my views on this situation.

You have perhaps unwittingly hit a nail on the head. There is no suit. And without an underlying suit, a lis pendens is garbage. The LP is nothing more than official notice to the world that a lawsuit involving some res is pending. No suit - no valid LP. I teach at a law school and these students FAIL! Maybe they can get a job with Orly Taitz.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

By everyother country in the world Football is football. Only you guys call it soccer.

What you call Football, it a girls version of Rugby.
What you call Baseball it a girls game called rounders
What you call basketball is a girls game called netball.

Bunch of Girls you lot!!

And you won't all buy hummers to raise sea level. 1 because it wouldn't make any difference. 2, you all broke and can;t afford them!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg

And you won't all buy hummers to raise sea level. 1 because it wouldn't make any difference. 2, you all broke and can;t afford them!!!

Hmm....unfortunately, it seems you might be right.

when i see myself, i have the following picture in mind:

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join