It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strangest UFO related story I have ever read!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Whilst persusing the bbc website for Black Triangle stories, I happened on this very strange story posted in the comments section of a news story. This made me laugh so I thought I would share:

Scroll down to see the lengthy post made by Jeff

bbc.co.uk

Now I ask you, how reasonable is this that a junior high kid is fixing NASA equipment in trade 4 high-end scientific equipment. Oscilloscopes, RF Frequency generators, etc. Strange Huh. Well I had really no idea what I was making, but as it took form I came to believe it was a burglar alarm that used a plant as a sentry because what I had created was a machine that allowed a plant ( a plant I’ve never seen since, and I’m all about plants..it came from NASA, was very sensitive, but not Mimosa., almost like a bamboo. Anyway the plant could read my mind and would respond w/ a wailing sound when I would think, "I’m going to burn your leaves!"

And it gets stranger than that! It's a shame his post got cut off by the character limit.

Has anyone else heard this story before?

PS Look up to the poster above called Claymore that describes the black triangles he saw having a anti-collision strobe.

[edit on 18/6/2010 by LightFantastic]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

PS Look up to the poster above called Claymore that describes the black triangles he saw having a anti-collision strobe.

How smart is that.
Do you think he knows something.
Does he mean he saw a light flashing in front of he ship.
That would be the ether beam drawing in negative charges
and perhaps illuminating the atmospheric gases in front.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

And how would this ether control evolve into anti collision.
He knows nothing.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

I don't know how he knew it was supposed to be an anti collision strobe but he did know the terminology although I think he got the colour wrong.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LightFantastic

Apparently you can read it all on Facebook.

It's impossible to know if it's true.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by LightFantastic

Apparently you can read it all on Facebook.

It's impossible to know if it's true.

Thanks for the link. That story has just about everything in it!

Unfortunately I don't know enough about psychology to judge what is wrong with people like that.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This is a really interesting read. It perfectly highlights that which i was talking about in the Stanton Friedman thread. This is exactly the sort of case Stanton wouldn't touch with someone else's ten foot barge pole.

I can see why, after all you are ,pretty much, onto a hiding to nothing and there isn't a skeptic alive that is going to take this sort of testimony seriously ever. The person is just going to be written off as wholly flaky and dismissed as either, palpably mentally ill or just a seriously stupid hoaxer.

Yet, down the years there are, a whole host of these sort of people who. If you actually talk to them come across as wholly serious about their experiences. The problem is that, they are often judged by the standards of the Billy Meiers of this world. These people do not seek publicity on a huge level and often only ever offer up these tales after many years of not quite believing it themselves.

At present, i have a friend who claims to have gone through something very similar to this report. in their case it was with music, they had an experience felt they were being guided after the event. They totally changed their approach and the music they were making and found the success that had eluded them for so long. They even have the photo's, which i have seen. Believe me, these are no aircraft lights, they simply don't come in the colours on these photos. yet i admit the photo's could be interpreted in many different ways and, alone prove conclusive of absolutely nothing save, they aren't aircraft lights or Chinese lanterns. The person has no interest in publishing the pictures on0line as they have no interest in the opinions of others about what, they perceive, as a very personal experience. They themselves admit, alone the pictures prove nothing so to publish would be, akin to them just seeking publicity for publicity's sake.

The witness in the OP's case could be mentally ill, they could be seeking some kind of kudos, it could a combination of these. However, in my experience they could possibly be telling the truth as it has happened to them. To dismiss these cases totally out of hand, is to ignore some of the most interesting data about the whole UFO phenomenon.

What's more, if these people are so part of a non human experiment. The perpetrators have a perfect cover for their dabblings. That being that, the moment you go public about what is happening to you, a large percentage of the public immediately assume you are barking mad.

When i see that lass selling her DVDs about her *contact with the sky people*, I quietly smile to myself knowing that. Even if she was a genuine contactee, by doing what she had done, she will find herself left high and dry and simply ridiculed by all and sundry for being a, as we Brits say, bit of a tapper.

In the cases where people go public in a big way the following often happens. The person thinks they have the footage, the evidence that will finally prove beyond doubt the existence of UFOs etc. it even seems as if their *friends from outer space* are encouraging to show humanity the *truth*. Then when everything seems set, the carpet will be pulled out from under the person and the whole edifice will come crashing down around them.

Meanwhile, those who just keep it to themselves or only mention the experiences, years later, often seem to reap some reward. Jimi Hendrix, John Lennon etc.

So read the guy's tale and before you simply dismiss it, remember he is not alone by any means at all. There are some very rational, wholly down to earth people, who have had these experiences and simply wish no publicity about it for themselves.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The Facebook story seem to be related.
The only thing I might agree on is there is a connection
between UFO suspension waves and perhaps brain waves.
Well the waves being what Tesla made and not Hertz EM
waves as he does mention some optic nerve connection
as if he would make a non screen TV and perhaps more
has been developed in this area for implanting thoughts
or visions or seeing thoughts or controlling the mechanics
of the human body.
Since none of that has come to light there is only speculation.
However spinning a bar magnet has a subduing effect or
alerting effect on the mind. Bill Lyne pointed out a now un
classified patent for hostage control as perhaps put everyone
concerned to sleep. A rotation to help one stay alert on a long
drive home at night seems a good application but I don't know
the alert spin rate.

Under the ET topic means the whole story might be made up
as a Spielberg movie.

[edit on 6/19/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Regarding the whole plants can mind read subject, this book i read when i was a teenager and it facinated me en.wikipedia.org...
Its a shame the people involved were laughed at and treated as cranks, i myself have had a strange experience regarding a cactus i saved from death, i'll try and be as briefe as possible and just give the facts. I was at a party in a squatted house, the people who lived there before moved out and must have left in a hurry leaving behind alot of things, anyhow at the party the music was pumping and the beer was flowing when i noticed this guy pick up this potted cactus and was about to throw it against the wall and smash it (Drunken fool), i quickly grabbed the cactus off him and saved it and took it home, about a year later i was on holiday in lanzarote (Canary islands), whilst sunbathing on the beach surrounded by beautiful topless women i suddenly found myself thinking about my cactus, i mentoined it to my partner at the time and said it was a strange, almost vision like experience but dismissed it as too much sun and beer. Anyway when i returned home to the uk and got home i found my cactus had had 6 babies
. I think my vision if you can call it that was my cactus telling me by telepathy that it had gave birth. Strange but true. Plants deffinatly are alive!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
i have the book "the secret lives of plants"
very interesting read, it goes on about all
sorts of experiments done on plants,

they wired some up to lie detectors and
subjected the plants to extreme heat
and cold or not watering them and got
all sorts of startling results.

plants really do have emotions of a kind anyway it seems.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Thanks for the detailed response. I found the story so strange that you "couldn't make it up".

What is worrying me now is that I too had a close encounter with a couple of friends in the late seventies and also performed some pretty strange experiments with plants! I can't remember where I got the ideas from either.

PS As a Brit myself I have not heard of calling someone a 'tapper'. I would say someone is 'tapped'.

[edit on 20/6/2010 by LightFantastic]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

Yes plants are much more complex than most believe.

Many have a much more complex genome than ours and a huge communication vocabulary. They sense and react to their environment. Many can determine the type of threat and respond accordingly.

I have seen a video demonstrating a plant detecting an insect predator and releasing repellent where the insect was located and even predicting forward to where it thought it would go.

[edit on 20/6/2010 by LightFantastic]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I do not know, how much strange UFO in general, but in Russia, in Ural Mountains in particular last decades there was a set of the abnormal phenomena. The most known it is "Pass Djatlova" and "the Seventh anomaly". In both places people perished, under mysterious circumstances.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Just on the plants things there is another reference in a book I have at home, can't recall the title but will check.

Basically it is the story of a bored FBI agent from the 60's who rigged up a lie detector tester to an office plant because he thought the change in resistance would indicate when it needed watering.

For some reason he then had a thought about burning a leaf off to see what would happen to the reading. He didn't burn anything but the readings went mad at the time he had the thought.

He then dropped live shrimps into boiling water in the presence of the plant one by one and the readings went mad at the point each was dropped. IIRC in the end he even got a partner to threaten the plant and could do a bad cop good cop thing with the plant showing distress if the bad cop was left in the room alone with it.

Would love to see a more scientific study - do plants grow better if they are cared for !

Could bring a whole new meaning to crop circles - could it be the plants themselves trying to communicate (to aliens to save them !)

top topics

join